PDA

View Full Version : Losing Respect for AJ

SAGambler
05-19-2006, 04:38 PM
Now he is spouting the following....

"I guess maybe if he would've grabbed him, he wouldn't have gotten suspended," Johnson said Friday, hours before Dallas faced the Spurs in Game 6 of their second-round series.
"You grab, you don't get suspended," Johnson said. "But the rule is clear: You punch, you get suspended.
"So, next time, grab."

Guess he is telling them to just "grab" someones nuts.

Also didn't realize Tony had been taking so many cheap shots from Terry. But according to Tony.....

Spurs point guard Tony Parker said justice was served.
"Jason Terry has been throwing a lot of punches in the series," Parker said. "He's gotten me so many times with cheap shots."

And Pop on Cuban......This is great....Put that loud mouth fucker in his place.

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich initially said he wouldn't "say something mean about Cuban's highly intelligent, insightful comments," but couldn't resist.
"After one margarita, I don't know what's in the river," he said, laughing. "Maybe he should come down and have one. He can look at life a little bit more maturely."

MoSpur
05-19-2006, 04:41 PM
I said that when the series started. I don't know why all the love for AJ in this town. I can't stand him during the season. During the off-season, I love him.

Winnipeg_Spur
05-19-2006, 04:42 PM
How about next time, just fucking play basketball. Just a thought.

ObiwanGinobili
05-19-2006, 04:44 PM

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich initially said he wouldn't "say something mean about Cuban's highly intelligent, insightful comments," but couldn't resist.
"After one margarita, I don't know what's in the river," he said, laughing. "Maybe he should come down and have one. He can look at life a little bit more maturely."

:lmao :lmao

oh dear lord that is priceless... if ther was aa smilie of soda shooting out of my mouth i would use it.

CharlieMac
05-19-2006, 05:10 PM
I've never liked him. Even when I was 14 and looking for a role model.

detpistonsff7
05-19-2006, 05:16 PM
wow...aj is a bastard. i hate that guy.

romsey31
05-19-2006, 05:23 PM

oh dear lord that is priceless... if ther was aa smilie of soda shooting out of my mouth i would use it.

is that really funny? :rolleyes

DarrinS
05-19-2006, 05:29 PM
I will always respect AJ.

Look at what he did as a player. He's short, even for PG standards. His skills were questionable. Every time he attempting a 10 foot jump shot, I would literally cringe. Other players in the league would say things like "the Spurs will never win a championship with Avery Johnson". With everthing seemingly against him, Avery prevailed. He proved them all wrong. On top of that, he hit a clutch jump shot to end the finals with the Nicks.

Now, he's in his 2nd year as head coach, and his team is playing better than ever. They are arguably one of the best teams in the league.

You don't have to like AJ. But, with everything's he's done, I think he deserves respect.

Spurologist
05-19-2006, 05:34 PM

priceless

:wow :wow if ya know what I mean

ALVARORTIZ
05-19-2006, 05:36 PM
Oh Yeah Hes Done So Much, He Now Is The Coach Of The Biggest Crybaby Owner And Team In The Nba. Out Of All The Jerseys Hangin In The At&t Center None Of Them Are Traitors. Boycott Aj, The Little General Who Is Going Up Against To Big Of A General On The Other Side Of The Court.

Boycott Aj

RON ARTEST
05-19-2006, 05:36 PM
im sorry but if i was tony parker i wouldnt say anything to piss terry off. he seems like someone who would kick parkers ass.

Biggs
05-19-2006, 05:38 PM
is that really funny? :rolleyes

Seems more homoerotic than anything.

Hook Dem
05-19-2006, 05:42 PM
im sorry but if i was tony parker i wouldnt say anything to piss terry off. he seems like someone who would kick parkers ass.
Yeah........probably on the court and then there he goes for the remainder of game 7. Please do it Terry!

Hook Dem
05-19-2006, 05:43 PM
Fuck AJ and the Cuban horse he rode out on!!!!!!!!

Tony-Go MAVS
05-19-2006, 05:44 PM
Yeah........probably on the court and then there he goes for the remainder of game 7. Please do it Terry!

"Oh, please do it Terry. Cause we can't win unless the mavs are a man short." This series is over tonight. The sooner you accept it, the easier it will be for you spurs fans.

mavsfan1000
05-19-2006, 05:45 PM
Same goes for mavs fans. "Losing Respect for Finley". :lol

ALVARORTIZ
05-19-2006, 05:48 PM
Actually I Think The Dudes Gay, Hes Talking About Bearhugging Now Grabbin Nuts, Dude Your Aj's Gay.

Boycott Aj

JMarkJohns
05-19-2006, 05:52 PM
So... some here criticize the Mavs fans for booing Finley. Now some here boo AJ because he's switched sides?

Why?

It's the playoffs. I doubt AJ was telling his players to crouch-grab so much as he was commenting on the League inconsistancy in this area. An intentional grab and twist gets a fine, but an intentional punch gets a suspension?

That's just stupid since the intent and not the act should be the aspect being punished.

That's like saying intentionally stabbing someone is fine, just don't intentionally shoot someone. If both are meant as intentional, physical acts of violence, then both should treated the same.

Yes, I imagine it's tough to be a Spurs fan right now. Avery, one of your all-time most beloved players is the coach of the team that's pretty well controlled this series so far. He's the coach of the year for a team owned by loudmouth pissant Mark Cuban. He's now one of the faces of the enemy.

But he's still AJ.

He's still the PG that worked his ass of as a Spur to make not just himself, but his entire team better. He's still the Little General and the badmouthing of him is pathetic.

Just like the Mavs fans booing Finley, a guy who helped to save their franchise.

picnroll
05-19-2006, 05:55 PM
Personally never a fan of AJ. When he told Robinson publically "Jesus is ashamed of you" it told me alot about him.

DarrinS
05-19-2006, 05:56 PM
So... some here criticize the Mavs fans for booing Finley. Now some here boo AJ because he's switched sides?

Why?

It's the playoffs. I doubt AJ was telling his players to crouch-grab so much as he was commenting on the League inconsistancy in this area. An intentional grab and twist gets a fine, but an intentional punch gets a suspension?

That's just stupid since the intent and not the act should be the aspect being punished.

That's like saying intentionally stabbing someone is fine, just don't intentionally shoot someone. If both are meant as intentional, physical acts of violence, then both should treated the same.

Yes, I imagine it's tough to be a Spurs fan right now. Avery, one of your all-time most beloved players is the coach of the team that's pretty well controlled this series so far. He's the coach of the year for a team owned by loudmouth pissant Mark Cuban. He's now one of the faces of the enemy.

But he's still AJ.

He's still the PG that worked his ass of as a Spur to make not just himself, but his entire team better. He's still the Little General and the badmouthing of him is pathetic.

Just like the Mavs fans booing Finley, a guy who helped to save their franchise.

Well said. I don't understand all the hatred towards AJ. When he makes comments like "the bear hug defense", I understand what he's doing.

Leetonidas
05-19-2006, 05:57 PM

Yeah, I'm sure Terry's going to beat up Tony and get suspended again. Fuck that little dipshit, thinking he's a hard rapper. Fuck Tony and his French rap too. :lol

Hook Dem
05-19-2006, 05:57 PM
Personally never a fan of AJ. When he told Robinson publically "Jesus is ashamed of you" it told me alot about him.
Second that!

ducks
05-19-2006, 06:11 PM
last home game for dallas this year

BigBinBigD
05-19-2006, 07:24 PM
They are arguably one of the best teams in the league.

Arguably?? Are you shitting me? All talk of moronic Mavs' fans must cease immediately.

Ishta
05-19-2006, 07:27 PM
last home game for dallas this year:elephant this has got to be the quote of the freaking year:flag:

Spurs Dynasty
05-19-2006, 08:01 PM

Why?

But he's still AJ.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Think! We are losing respect for AJ as he is now condoning grabbing other players balls. Cuban is insulting our city and women and generally being his asswipe self.. only worse.

They are making their organization look pathetic.

Willinsa
05-19-2006, 08:04 PM
I said that when the series started. I don't know why all the love for AJ in this town. I can't stand him during the season. During the off-season, I love him.

I agree 100%.

JMarkJohns
05-19-2006, 10:22 PM
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Think! We are losing respect for AJ as he is now condoning grabbing other players balls. Cuban is insulting our city and women and generally being his asswipe self.. only worse.

They are making their organization look pathetic.

I'm sure you had to be there. I'm quite certain he was taking a slap at the League's inconsistant stance on two crotch related acts these playoffs.

I'm sure the comment was mostly tongue in cheek in attempt to poke humor at the inference that an intentional mangling of balls is OK, but an intentional swing at balls is inexcusable.

He's using sarcasm to say from now on, his players will avoid suspension by merely intentionally mangling someone's balls.

It's not to be taking seriously.

I think he has every right to be upset at the League's inconsistancy in the matter. By the letter of the law, he has no real gripe, so he took what the League gave him earlier these playoffs when it refused to suspend a player for INTENTIONALLY MANGLING another players balls.

I couldn't believe it then, that Evans got off (hehehe)...

He's not condoning anything, so much as pointing out the absurdity at the two differing rulings.

You guys are making a mountain out of a molehill and in doing so, are berating one of your own.

That's pretty sad.