PDA

View Full Version : Is the NBA the only league with losers in it?

sickdsm
05-19-2006, 05:42 PM
Maybe i'm zoning out on something here but even ManRam wouldn't walk out of the outfield to take a leak during playoffs. T.O. wasn't a bitch during the super bowl. Why is it that the NBA has guys that lose there cool during the playoffs? This isn't directed at Jason Terry, but reminds me off it. What type of bitch makes a dirty move DURING THE PLAYOFFS? That play costs the Mavs the trip to the WC finals.

Which reminds me, why is this league so soft? I might not have been a pro but I knew enough in HS to know that your either:

A: Hurt bad enough that you can't go on and therefore don't care about what kind of mental edge you give your opponent

B: Suck it up and don't show it, be a man.

I'm tired of guys coming up hopping or worse yet, holding a body part (WTF good does it do to put your hand on your thigh if it hurts? See if its bleeding?) then proceed to shake the coach off when he wants to sub. The only thing your doing is trying to show the world you were hurt but are going to keep playing, like you have an excuse ready if things don't go good.

FromWayDowntown
05-19-2006, 05:49 PM
Which reminds me, why is this league so soft? I might not have been a pro but I knew enough in HS to know that your either:

A: Hurt bad enough that you can't go on and therefore don't care about what kind of mental edge you give your opponent

I'm tired of guys coming up hopping or worse yet, holding a body part (WTF good does it do to put your hand on your thigh if it hurts? See if its bleeding?) then proceed to shake the coach off when he wants to sub. The only thing your doing is trying to show the world you were hurt but are going to keep playing, like you have an excuse ready if things don't go good.

I agree with all of that.

Obstructed_View
05-19-2006, 05:50 PM
I'm shocked to say that I agree with it, as well. Good post.

RealEstateDude
05-19-2006, 05:51 PM
Maybe i'm zoning out on something here but even ManRam wouldn't walk out of the outfield to take a leak during playoffs. T.O. wasn't a bitch during the super bowl. Why is it that the NBA has guys that lose there cool during the playoffs? This isn't directed at Jason Terry, but reminds me off it. What type of bitch makes a dirty move DURING THE PLAYOFFS? That play costs the Mavs the trip to the WC finals.

Being a fan of football 1st I used to think that way, but it's clearly not the same sport. The drama queens are just trying to draw a foul, part of the game. I used to hate basketball because I thought it was weak, but now in the past 10 years since I moved to SA I dig it...

Spurologist
05-19-2006, 05:55 PM

:tu :tu

SAGambler
05-19-2006, 05:59 PM
'm tired of guys coming up hopping or worse yet, holding a body part (WTF good does it do to put your hand on your thigh if it hurts? See if its bleeding?) then proceed to shake the coach off when he wants to sub. The only thing your doing is trying to show the world you were hurt but are going to keep playing, like you have an excuse ready if things don't go good.

I'm sorry, but this is complete bullshit...

Why would you grab your thigh after taking a knee? Because the initial stinger makes you automatically do that..

Why would you come up limping...? Because the initial pain keeps you from standing on it..

But in most cases, the pain subsides in a couple of minutes and you realize you really aren't hurt that bad..

I've been hit in the shoulder so hard, it felt like the shoulder had separated. The pain was excruciating, but in about 5 minutes it subsided and I went back in the game.

If you think these guys are just putting up some kind of "excuse show", you're nuts. I suggest you go out and try it sometime...

SilverPlayer
05-19-2006, 06:01 PM
I think playing 81+ games a year makes you alot more in tune with your body. It's an endurance run that takes everything you got to be working in exactly the right way. And there are such a few number of players per team that they are more heavily scrutinized. That being said I don't really disagree with your points, just wanted to add some caveats.

sickdsm
05-21-2006, 12:06 PM

Why would you grab your thigh after taking a knee? Because the initial stinger makes you automatically do that..

Why would you come up limping...? Because the initial pain keeps you from standing on it..

But in most cases, the pain subsides in a couple of minutes and you realize you really aren't hurt that bad..

I've been hit in the shoulder so hard, it felt like the shoulder had separated. The pain was excruciating, but in about 5 minutes it subsided and I went back in the game.

If you think these guys are just putting up some kind of "excuse show", you're nuts. I suggest you go out and try it sometime...

BULLSHIT:

Many of times i've been punched in the mouth in wrestling (if you close your fist when you crossface someone its not noticable) Never once have i grabbed my mouth to see if i was bleeding even though it is instinctive.

You admitted here that you went out of the game and came back five minutes later.

How come they don't do that in other sports?

Spurs Dynasty
05-21-2006, 12:17 PM

Perfect. I was thinking this exactly. You see God put these things called nerves in our bodies and we have unconsious reactions to pain. When we get something in our eye, we blink and immediatley attempt to rub the eye.

etc....

TDMVPDPOY
05-21-2006, 12:22 PM
star players want it their way, and stern and his refs always help them out, but when things are on the line and the refs dont pull them out, expect sum bs to happen.

boutons_
05-21-2006, 12:25 PM
I was talking with the Marianist Brothers from my highschool who said that when they played basketball against themselves, if you didn't get knocked down, there was no foul! Another version of the "bruise Brothers" !! :lol

Dunc
05-21-2006, 12:26 PM
I was talking with the Marianist Brothers from my highschool who said that when they played basketball against themselves, if you didn't get knocked down, there was no foul! Another version of the "bruise Brothers" !! :lol

That's the best way to play, no doubt. I can't play finesse defense so that's perfect for me, lol.

mavs41531
05-21-2006, 01:18 PM
Cough cough FINLEY, your calling out your own player.

T Park
05-21-2006, 02:36 PM
Many of times i've been punched in the mouth in wrestling (if you close your fist when you crossface someone its not noticable) Never once have i grabbed my mouth to see if i was bleeding even though it is instinctive.

:lol

wtf do you want a cookie?

Future41534
05-21-2006, 02:37 PM
Ya cookies are good!But don't brag about wrestling.Its an excuse to get down with other men.

T Park
05-21-2006, 02:40 PM
:lmao

damn im laughing WITH a freakin mavs poster.

Damn church....