PDA

View Full Version : Entire world favors Mavs to win Game 6

CubanMustGo
05-19-2006, 05:48 PM
According to a poll on ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/index?&lpos=globalnav&lid=gn_NBA_NBA) (see bottom right), 60% of the people who responded think the Mavs are going to win tonight. Not a single state favors the Spurs.

SHOCK THE WORLD, SPURS!!

bigglendiesel
05-19-2006, 05:50 PM
Heck yes to the 40%!! Better than Bush's approval rating... either way.... it'll only come to a shock because people don't watch or know much about the spurs.... for crying out loud...we're still the CHAMPS!

Obstructed_View
05-19-2006, 05:51 PM
Everybody but Pop knows smallball won't win.

bigglendiesel
05-19-2006, 05:54 PM

tell me about it... i mean, am i wrong in thinking tonight would be the perfect night to try it out... even if only for 2-3 minutes???

Obstructed_View
05-19-2006, 05:55 PM
If you don't dance with who brought you, don't be surprised when she goes home with someone else.

RON ARTEST
05-19-2006, 05:57 PM
If you don't dance with who brought you, don't be surprised when she goes home with someone else.
:lol best post of the week right there.

CosmicCowboy
05-19-2006, 06:00 PM
tell me about it... i mean, am i wrong in thinking tonight would be the perfect night to try it out... even if only for 2-3 minutes???

It just depends on who Avery starts. If he just shortens his rotation and extends minutes for his primary players Pop will stay with smallball. Stackhouse in the fourth with tired legs and his hero complex is a pleasant thought. Do it Avery!

nkdlunch
05-19-2006, 06:01 PM
Well we do need a shocker in Dallas that's for sure. But me myself, I would not be surprised if Spurs win, and win big.

SAGambler
05-19-2006, 06:04 PM
People have been trying to write the Spurs off all season. They are old, they are slow, they are this, they are that, Tim Duncan is through, Ginobili should be shipped out, Parker really isn't this good....Shit, how much of that have we heard from Spurs Fans alone?

Polls are such bullshit anyway...

Pay me to take a poll and tell me what results you want, and I can guarantee you get those results every time...

Can't believe someone actually thought this worth posting...

Spurologist
05-19-2006, 06:06 PM

What was the score in game 5?

Obstructed_View
05-19-2006, 06:07 PM
Wait a second...try what out?

mavsfan1000
05-19-2006, 06:07 PM
No Terry=Spurs win. Terry=Mavs win. Unfortunate but without Terry the spurs are clearly better.

Tony-Go MAVS
05-19-2006, 06:09 PM
Dude, you're forgetting aboput home-court advantage here. Are you joining the dark side??

mavsfan1000
05-19-2006, 06:11 PM
Home court meant nothing in games 3 and 4. The spurs looked like the better team in both games but the mavs squeaked it out. This time they are without Terry. They are barely better even with Terry at home.

ducks
05-19-2006, 06:13 PM
last home game for dallas this year

RealEstateDude
05-19-2006, 06:13 PM
According to a poll on ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/index?&lpos=globalnav&lid=gn_NBA_NBA) (see bottom right), 60% of the people who responded think the Mavs are going to win tonight. Not a single state favors the Spurs.

SHOCK THE WORLD, SPURS!!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, fuck the majority, they are always wrong....

Tony-Go MAVS
05-19-2006, 06:14 PM
Whatever man...move to San Antonio.

bigglendiesel
05-19-2006, 06:15 PM
Wait a second...try what out?

tossin Nazr in for a few plays.... give that tall dude a chance to put a hand in some faces... protect the lane maybe? no easy baskets? jus something to consider...

nkdlunch
05-19-2006, 06:16 PM
Home court meant nothing in games 3 and 4. The spurs looked like the better team in both games but the mavs squeaked it out. This time they are without Terry. They are barely better even with Terry at home.

damn mavfan talking the plain truth!

George W Bush
05-19-2006, 06:16 PM
I don't listen to polls.

Go spurs :tu

bigglendiesel
05-19-2006, 06:17 PM
No Terry=Spurs win. Terry=Mavs win. Unfortunate but without Terry the spurs are clearly better.

i read the mavs are 4 - 0 the when terry is out... you don't even have faith in your own team... but i must agree with you... just the "spurs win" part... :princess

Obstructed_View
05-19-2006, 06:18 PM
tossin Nazr in for a few plays.... give that tall dude a chance to put a hand in some faces... protect the lane maybe? no easy baskets? jus something to consider...
Okay. I agree. Upon re-reading, I thought for a brief moment I originally misunderstood and you meant try smallball. I was going to unload on you. :)

Rasho and Nazr should at very least get situational minutes for defensive purposes. I think the three point shooting will go up drastically with them in the game.

Melmart1
05-19-2006, 06:19 PM
i read the mavs are 4 - 0 the when terry is out... you don't even have faith in your own team... but i must agree with you... just the "spurs win" part... :princess

It's not that he doesn't have faith. He is just being realistic. Big difference.

RealEstateDude
I don't listen to polls.

hahahahahhahahahahahhaa!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who's clone is this??? :lol

1Parker1
Heck yes to the 40%!! Better than Bush's approval rating...

I don't listen to polls.

:lmao :lmao

bigglendiesel
05-19-2006, 06:21 PM
Okay. I agree. Upon re-reading, I thought for a brief moment I originally misunderstood and you meant try smallball. I was going to unload on you. :)

Rasho and Nazr should at very least get situational minutes for defensive purposes. I think the three point shooting will go up drastically with them in the game.

please don't unload... j/j... yeah... i got hype when rasho got the .7 seconds in... was it game 4? yeah.. good to see the man in uniform on the court... i've seen nazr take over a game before... i'd like him to show some dominance over these little twerps

jcrod
05-19-2006, 06:24 PM
Dude, you're forgetting aboput home-court advantage here. Are you joining the dark side??

No, you see he knows basketball, you don't. Its one thing to believe in your team, but to say they're the better team without the second leading scorer is stupid.

Obstructed_View
05-19-2006, 06:25 PM
please don't unload... j/j... yeah... i got hype when rasho got the .7 seconds in... was it game 4? yeah.. good to see the man in uniform on the court... i've seen nazr take over a game before... i'd like him to show some dominance over these little twerps
Every time someone goes to the rack and nobody is there it just kills me. This defense needs a second seven footer to be effective, otherwise they are the Mavericks.

bigglendiesel
05-19-2006, 06:27 PM
Every time someone goes to the rack and nobody is there it just kills me. This defense needs a second seven footer to be effective, otherwise they are the Mavericks.

i miss the admiral and his patented 2 handed monster jam too! the one where every muscle in his body is flexed... kinda like T.O.

Obstructed_View
05-19-2006, 06:28 PM
i miss the admiral and his patented 2 handed monster jam too! the one where every muscle in his body is flexed... kinda like T.O.
I miss Rasho standing in the paint with both hands straight up in the air and no leaping ability whatsoever.

bigglendiesel
05-19-2006, 06:29 PM
I miss Rasho standing in the paint with both hands straight up in the air and no leaping ability whatsoever.

:lmao :lmao :lol
and then he gets called for a foul and looks like he has downs syndrome!
still got love for you rasho!!!!

Spurologist
05-19-2006, 06:30 PM
I don't listen to polls.

:lol You can always count on Dubya for timely posts

SAGambler
05-19-2006, 06:40 PM

Yeah, but if you read the entire article, it went on to say it was against teams that were far inferior to the Spurs......

EVAY
05-19-2006, 06:51 PM

I agree. We become the Mavs without our bigs, so it's not surprising that the teams play so closely. But you can't seriously imagine that Pop will go big tonight, do you? They announced on the news that Avery is starting Stackhouse. So who will we put on him? If they start Stackhouse they will have three bigs, with Dampier or Diop, Nowitzki and Stackhouse. Who will Pop use?

Obstructed_View
05-19-2006, 06:51 PM
:lmao :lmao :lol
and then he gets called for a foul and looks like he has downs syndrome!
still got love for you rasho!!!!
Even two free throws is better than a thunder dunk. I'll settle for fouls, some shot intimidation and the occasional block over the fucking layup line any old day.

Obstructed_View
05-19-2006, 06:53 PM
I agree. We become the Mavs without our bigs, so it's not surprising that the teams play so closely. But you can't seriously imagine that Pop will go big tonight, do you? They announced on the news that Avery is starting Stackhouse. So who will we put on him? If they start Stackhouse they will have three bigs, with Dampier or Diop, Nowitzki and Stackhouse. Who will Pop use?
AJ knows that he has to do whatever he has to in order to keep Pop from putting Nazr or Rasho in. Starting Stackhouse is a huge gamble, but if it keeps Pop from waking up, the Mavs will move on. AJ has benefitted from the fact that Pop adjusts to him, rather than forcing him to adjust. It's just good coaching.

bigglendiesel
05-19-2006, 06:58 PM
Yeah, but if you read the entire article, it went on to say it was against teams that were far inferior to the Spurs......

yeah, i read that... i was just tryna give mavsfan a glimmer of hope... :angel

bigglendiesel
05-19-2006, 07:00 PM
Even two free throws is better than a thunder dunk. I'll settle for fouls, some shot intimidation and the occasional block over the fucking layup line any old day.

it sounds so easy coach... wtf is pops thinking? nobody's perfect from the stripe... it seems they miss as many clutch free throws as us... lets do it... well i just got out of work...

HERE COME THE SPURS!@!!!!!! :elephant

braeden0613
05-19-2006, 07:10 PM
Well we carried delaware

BgT
05-19-2006, 07:17 PM
Well we carried delaware
Yup. 49% for Dallas. :elephant :lol

Islymore
05-19-2006, 07:36 PM
... so... tell me this... just a question... if the 60% of the world is correct tonight... then... what?

will this series be the one that was fixed?
will this be the playoff round that was a great watch?
or...

??

CubanMustGo
05-19-2006, 07:42 PM
If they're right, so be it. But there's a reason why they play the games instead of taking polls.