PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio & Detroit Against The World

SPARKY
05-20-2006, 12:06 AM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060520/capt.c68bd1746da14b8cb86e02b6c633af44.spurs_maveri cks_basketball_dna123.jpg

May 19, 2006

San Antonio 91, Dallas 86

DALLAS (AP) -- Michael Finley hit back against the Dallas Mavericks, and the San Antonio Spurs are still alive.

After absorbing the low blow that got Mavericks guard Jason Terry suspended, Finley ignored the taunts from the Dallas fans who used to adore him and scored 16 points to help the Spurs to a 91-86 victory Friday night, forcing a Game 7 in a series that certainly deserves to end that way.

Finley scored 10 points in the third quarter to help San Antonio hang close, then made the go-ahead basket on a 3-pointer from the right corner with 2:45 left -- and Dallas' 7-foot star Dirk Nowitzki running at him.

Finley then defended Nowitzki on a missed 3-pointer that could've tied it with 6.9 seconds left. The off-balanced shot landed well short. Tony Parker got the rebound, was fouled and hit both shots, sealing the Spurs' second straight salvation of their title defense.

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20060520/i/r4013425692.jpg

Detroit 84, Cleveland 82

CLEVELAND (AP) -- No NBA team enjoys life on the edge quite like the Detroit Pistons.

Minutes away from witnessing their spectacular season come crashing down Friday night, they stepped up like champions.

They almost always do.

Summoning all their postseason experience and making every big play down the stretch, the Pistons beat the Cleveland Cavaliers 84-82 to even their series and force a decisive Game 7.

"We know what it takes," Detroit's Ben Wallace said. "We've been together a while. We don't panic."

The Genius
05-20-2006, 12:48 AM
It's on my fellow NBA Fan. It's on. The excitement is palpable.

Dunc
05-20-2006, 01:28 AM
Bloody right. This is what the playoffs were supposed to be like.

Winnipeg_Spur
05-20-2006, 01:28 AM
DALLAS (AP) -- Michael Finley hit back against the Dallas Mavericks, and the San Antonio Spurs are still alive.

After absorbing the low blow that got Mavericks guard Jason Terry suspended, Finley ignored the taunts from the Dallas fans who used to adore him and scored 16 points to help the Spurs to a 91-86 victory Friday night, forcing a Game 7 in a series that certainly deserves to end that way.

Finley scored 10 points in the third quarter to help San Antonio hang close, then made the go-ahead basket on a 3-pointer from the right corner with 2:45 left -- and Dallas' 7-foot star Dirk Nowitzki running at him.

Finley then defended Nowitzki on a missed 3-pointer that could've tied it with 6.9 seconds left. The off-balanced shot landed well short. Tony Parker got the rebound, was fouled and hit both shots, sealing the Spurs' second straight salvation of their title defense.
Damn, man that reads like a movie script, except no one would make that movie, cause it would be too unrealistic. :lol

T.F. Storm
05-20-2006, 01:29 AM
Go Pistons, Go Spurs.

We can do it.

spurs=bling
05-20-2006, 01:32 AM
YEAH!!!

Pistons<Spurs i'm gonna post your sig again. because it is the truth :fro

http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/3465/final2xg.jpg

Spurs and Pistons fans UNITE as ONE. we shall over come our odds.

myhc
05-20-2006, 01:33 AM
I love it!!! Hey Pistons fans, we'll see you guys in the Finals!!!! It will happen!! :smokin :elephant :princess :spin :hat

Winnipeg_Spur
05-20-2006, 01:34 AM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060520/capt.c68bd1746da14b8cb86e02b6c633af44.spurs_maveri cks_basketball_dna123.jpg

You got the wrong angle on that Dunk though. :) This one's got a much better view of Cubes.

http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/7274/576623579gn.jpg

Pistons < Spurs
05-20-2006, 01:34 AM
Us against the world!!!!!

They doubted us. Ok some of us doubted ourselves aswell. Or perhaps questioned is more accurate.

You should never question a Champion though.

I'm so proud that both of our teams did what they were suposed to do. It's just Bisness as usual. Time to take these series to the HOME COURT. This is why we play hard all year. HCA will serve us well. The Cavs and the Mavs got a glimpse of the Heart of the Champions tonight. In a few nights time perhaps they will truly understand who we are!

People thought we couldn't fight the pressure. Well, who's the pressure on now?

Lebron: Were you a witness tongiht?

Cuban: How's that MUD in your eye? You know that muddy riverwalk that you want to diss?

Today I was truly nervous.......yet optimistic at the same time. The clock moved so slowly. I couldn't wait for tonight. I was pissed that I had no internet at work. I wanted to be here on ST and talk about the upcoming games. I had to listen to the first 3 quarters of the Pistons game on the radio. Finally got home, and loved how experience won over in the 4th.

The Spurs game was very similiar. Close all the way through. Manu carrying them on his back. Then the 4th quarter comes around, and the championship experience once again wins the game.

Players making big plays. Winners winning big games.

Time for Game 7.

Congrats to both the Pistons and Spurs fans on the wins tonight.

I have to be honest and say the last couple of days have been a little odd here on ST. We all know that there is a nice level of respect between the 2 franchises, and the fans here on ST. It's been a fun relationship. While the Spurs have always (since the early Admiral years) been on my list of favorite teams, I can honestly say that the Spurs have become my second favorite team. I attribute that to last years Finals, and to my time here becoming more familiar with the team.. But in the last 2 days, it's been interesting and down right freaky to see the teams and their fans to be thrown in such similiar circumstances. Conference leaders, both expected to reach the next level. Both finding themsleves in a place they don't belong. Down 3-2 facing elimination to inferior teams. It was actually pretty damn cool to see the fans support the others team. To see them come together for the same goal. I know this will continue till the Finals. But I have to say that I've never ....ever ....seen so much love between two different competing teams. Naturally, if we were in the same conference, the sentiments would not be quite the same.

I appreciate the Spurs fans support. I enjoy giving my support to the Spur fans.

I expect a big thank you from all Spur fans as I think I'm the reason why the Spurs won tonight. I wore my Rasho Slovenian jersey (which I won here on ST ) during the game, and I'm sure that's what pushed them over the edge! Well maybe the C.H.E.S.T. MoJo helped aswell! :):):)

Good luck to both teams in their game 7's. Once again it will be time to show what Champions do. I will be rooting for you to reach the Finals.

Pistons < Spurs
05-20-2006, 01:36 AM
YEAH!!!

Guess I need to update it..........

spurs=bling
05-20-2006, 01:39 AM
Us against the world!!!!!

They doubted us. Ok some of us doubted ourselves aswell. Or perhaps questioned is more accurate.

You should never question a Champion though.

I'm so proud that both of our teams did what they were suposed to do. It's just Bisness as usual. Time to take these series to the HOME COURT. This is why we play hard all year. HCA will serve us well. The Cavs and the Mavs got a glimpse of the Heart of the Champions tonight. In a few nights time perhaps they will truly understand who we are!

People thought we couldn't fight the pressure. Well, who's the pressure on now?

Lebron: Were you a witness tongiht?

Cuban: How's that MUD in your eye? You know that muddy riverwalk that you want to diss?

Today I was truly nervous.......yet optimistic at the same time. The clock moved so slowly. I couldn't wait for tonight. I was pissed that I had no internet at work. I wanted to be here on ST and talk about the upcoming games. I had to listen to the first 3 quarters of the Pistons game on the radio. Finally got home, and loved how experience won over in the 4th.

The Spurs game was very similiar. Close all the way through. Manu carrying them on his back. Then the 4th quarter comes around, and the championship experience once again wins the game.

Players making big plays. Winners winning big games.

Time for Game 7.

Congrats to both the Pistons and Spurs fans on the wins tonight.

I have to be honest and say the last couple of days have been a little odd here on ST. We all know that there is a nice level of respect between the 2 franchises, and the fans here on ST. It's been a fun relationship. While the Spurs have always (since the early Admiral years) been on my list of favorite teams, I can honestly say that the Spurs have become my second favorite team. I attribute that to last years Finals, and to my time here becoming more familiar with the team.. But in the last 2 days, it's been interesting and down right freaky to see the teams and their fans to be thrown in such similiar circumstances. Conference leaders, both expected to reach the next level. Both finding themsleves in a place they don't belong. Down 3-2 facing elimination to inferior teams. It was actually pretty damn cool to see the fans support the others team. To see them come together for the same goal. I know this will continue till the Finals. But I have to say that I've never ....ever ....seen so much love between two different competing teams. Naturally, if we were in the same conference, the sentiments would not be quite the same.

I appreciate the Spurs fans support. I enjoy giving my support to the Spur fans.

I expect a big thank you from all Spur fans as I think I'm the reason why the Spurs won tonight. I wore my Rasho Slovenian jersey (which I won here on ST ) during the game, and I'm sure that's what pushed them over the edge! Well maybe the C.H.E.S.T. MoJo helped aswell! :):):)

Good luck to both teams in their game 7's. Once again it will be time to show what Champions do. I will be rooting for you to reach the Finals.

:clap very well said. but i knew we would come out on top our teams are just too damn good to be down. and who would have thought the fans would come together? its good to see such unity.

Pistons_In_7
05-20-2006, 01:44 AM
Pretty crazy how ive rooted against the Spurs all year because of the tight hca race and now i find myself cheering for them. Ironic.

It feels like the rematch has to happen. Kind of like the 88-89 89-90 Finals between the Pistons and the Lakers. We know what happened then and history has a way of repeating itself. Will Detroit win a back 2 back before getting tormented for the next several years by Lebron James? Only time will tell. Tonights victories were ugly for both teams but ill take them. Bring on game 7.

Dunc
05-20-2006, 01:45 AM
Absolutely amazing to see the fan bases of two rival teams come together like this. I think both of our groups needed each other in some weird way. It made me feel better to know that maybe a couple dozen Spurs fans had our back, and I bet it made you guys feel better to know that you had the us Pistons fans behind you guys too. It's gonna be kickass to meet up with you guys in the Finals again.

Believe.

spurs=bling
05-20-2006, 01:48 AM
Absolutely amazing to see the fan bases of two rival teams come together like this. I think both of our groups needed each other in some weird way. It made me feel better to know that maybe a couple dozen Spurs fans had our back, and I bet it made you guys feel better to know that you had the us Pistons fans behind you guys too. It's gonna be kickass to meet up with you guys in the Finals again.

Believe.

someone needs to send this in to ESPN. so the whole world can see that we stick together.

myhc
05-20-2006, 01:49 AM
wow that's beautiful pistons<spurs. it is strange isn't it? i've been rooting very hard for the pistons. they have the heart of a champion like the spurs. too much heart and character and focuse to be denied. we have too much pride to let bron bron and the maverick love fest from the media take anything away from us. like i said, we'll see you guys in the finals... :hat

RashoFan
05-20-2006, 01:49 AM
Pistons<Spurs...
Very well said! BTW I would love to have a pic of you wearing Rasho's Jersey! :D
To all the Detroit fans that crossed their fingers for your team and ours, THANK YOU for the support. Both teams have a big game coming up and I wish them both the W!
We will have the rematch in June...I AbsoGINOBILI GauranSHEED IT!!!!!!

Pistons_In_7
05-20-2006, 01:57 AM
Im about to cave and buy a Manu jersey. Im kind of addicted to Pistons jerseys i own 13 of them.

Dunc
05-20-2006, 01:57 AM
Despite all odds.... despite what seems to be rigged officiating in both series, this series is imminent. This series is a big "FUCK YOU" to David Stern and ESPN and ABC and the NBA, and I love it.

goliath
05-20-2006, 02:05 AM
Pistons<Spurs has to be the coolest non-spur fan on this board.

Pistons < Spurs
05-20-2006, 02:07 AM
Pistons<Spurs...
Very well said! BTW I would love to have a pic of you wearing Rasho's Jersey! :D
To all the Detroit fans that crossed their fingers for your team and ours, THANK YOU for the support. Both teams have a big game coming up and I wish them both the W!
We will have the rematch in June...I AbsoGINOBILI GauranSHEED IT!!!!!!

LOL that's pretty good!

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
05-20-2006, 02:07 AM
+1

RashoFan
05-20-2006, 02:09 AM
[/SIZE]

LOL that's pretty good!
Glad you liked that...you inspired me....:D

Louie Vega
05-20-2006, 02:36 AM
Go Pistons !!! Go Spurs Go !!!
If people refuse to give our teams respect then they must take it !!!!
It is all or nothing now people. The Pistons and Spurs have to remind people why they are thee elite teams in the league. Good Luck to both teams the rest of the way!!!

polandprzem
05-20-2006, 02:44 AM
P<S nice speach :) :tu

Now the game number seven for both teams are the test of mentality and wanting it more.

In spurs case it's about making a history.
In detroits case it's about taking care of buisiness :)

clubalien
05-20-2006, 02:47 AM
in the words of rasheed wallace"both teams played hard"

Tony-Go MAVS
05-20-2006, 02:48 AM
Go Pistons, Go Spurs.

We can do it.

This Pistons guy know the Mavs will beat that Piston ass in the Finals. He'd better root for the spurs!!!

Tanya
05-20-2006, 02:51 AM
Honestly, I felt so frustrating after pistons lost game 5. I was telling myself if both pistons and spurs are out of this round I won't be watching the rest of the playoffs."
I am sorry. I am very sorry. I should be confident in these two teams.

They can do it. Let's win game 7 on our home court!

Tony-Go MAVS
05-20-2006, 02:54 AM
Same goes for you. Detroit is scared of Dallas

Tony-Go MAVS
05-20-2006, 02:57 AM
YEAH!!!

Should be a real goo finals if you two are in it....real exciting. Why don't you guys split the trophy and go have gay date at the riverwalk.. Fuck the Spurs!!!

Texas_Ranger
05-20-2006, 03:02 AM
I`m very glad that Pistons fans like the Spurs :fro

Tony-Go MAVS
05-20-2006, 03:05 AM
wow that's beautiful pistons<spurs. it is strange isn't it? i've been rooting very hard for the pistons. they have the heart of a champion like the spurs. too much heart and character and focuse to be denied. we have too much pride to let bron bron and the maverick love fest from the media take anything away from us. like i said, we'll see you guys in the finals... :hat

Wow...Pistons-spurs...should be real exciting. You guys are all buddying up all of the sudden. Your supposed not NOT LIKE the other team. Ya'll should split the trophy and go on a gay date at the riverwalk. Thats going to be a great finals.

FreshPrince22
05-20-2006, 03:07 AM
Believe.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/SCLlama/Believe.jpg

Pistons < Spurs
05-20-2006, 03:09 AM
Ya'll should split the trophy and go on a gay date at the riverwalk. Thats going to be a great finals.

WOW I'm suprised you can spell TROPHY ...... you know, considering that you're a Dallas fan.....

Tony-Go MAVS
05-20-2006, 03:13 AM
WOW I'm suprised you can spell TROPHY ...... you know, considering that you're a Dallas fan.....

Yep...in Dallas we have lots of trophys...Stanley cup Trophy, Super Bowl Trophys...you know, just a few. You should know...aren't you all Cowboy fans???

Carie
05-20-2006, 03:14 AM
Nice pic FP!

I have a stupid question. What font did you use?

FreshPrince22
05-20-2006, 03:15 AM
Yep...in Dallas we have lots of trophys...Stanley cup Trophy, Super Bowl Trophys...you know, just a few. You should know...aren't you all Cowboy fans???

Probably shouldn't mention football around us Pistons fans... :yield

Pistons < Spurs
05-20-2006, 03:16 AM
Yep...in Dallas we have lots of trophys...Stanley cup Trophy, Super Bowl Trophys...you know, just a few.

That's not going to help you much in the NBA though is it?

FreshPrince22
05-20-2006, 03:16 AM
Nice pic FP!

I have a stupid question. What font did you use?

thanks. It's called Scriptina

Tony-Go MAVS
05-20-2006, 03:18 AM
That's not going to help you much in the NBA though is it?

Why don't you read what she sent to me cool guy. The spurs are done. Your home court ain't shit.

sas06
05-20-2006, 03:24 AM
Why don't you read what she sent to me cool guy. The spurs are done. Your home court ain't shit.
This guy is ruining every fuckin thread.

Melmart1
05-20-2006, 03:39 AM
Hey, Tony GO MAVS- I Think you should check out the Mavs Rally thread. There actually is one here on SpursTalk, located HERE (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41465)

my2sons
05-20-2006, 04:04 AM
This Pistons guy know the Mavs will beat that Piston ass in the Finals. He'd better root for the spurs!!!

:blah :spin :blah :lol :rolleyes :spin :blah

Ya, its just a shame mav guy can't beat spurs guy

Condemned 2 HelLA
05-20-2006, 04:06 AM

Hull's skate was in the crease!
Don't try to deny it!

SPARKY
05-20-2006, 07:58 AM
Why is it that Mavs fans come off as a 10 year old trying to get mommy and daddy's attention?

JamStone
05-20-2006, 08:26 AM
Very happy about both teams winning.

But, certainly grounded enough to know that all that either team did was push each series to game 7. We all know neither series is over. The real work comes in game 7.

That said, let's hope this whole home court advantage thing really is an advantage.

abmccray
05-20-2006, 08:27 AM
If the Pistons AND the Spurs were knocked out of the playoffs, I wouldn't watch them anymore because I can't stand any other team left in it. After losing all of my nails in the 7:00 game, I was right there cheering for the spurs and biting on my fingers instead.

SouthernFried
05-20-2006, 08:58 AM
You don't have to hate an opponent. There is no law saying that. You can play at your highest levels against each other...and still respect the other guy. This is what the Spurs and Pistons have.

This is not what the Mavs bring. Avery is beginning to act like Cuban, mebbe it's in his contract. And Mav's fans are acting like 8th graders.

Still, having said that, Dirk has been class all the way. Cuban doesn't deserve him.

Pistons < Spurs
05-20-2006, 06:51 PM
YEAH!!!

UPDATED:

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8295/finalssigcopy1pt.jpg

Dunc
05-20-2006, 06:58 PM

Lol, you're making fun of a Detroit fan regarding trophies? We got everything but the Superbowl, buddy. I think Detroit's got you beat in overall sports championships. Oh yeah, and don't forget Dirk's 3-point shooting trophy from All-Star weekend. That was pretty special too. I guess the Mavs might as well have *some* hardware. Who is the guy with the pic of the Mavs trophy case? I think it needs to make an appearance.

Dunc
05-20-2006, 07:00 PM
Why is it that Mavs fans come off as a 10 year old trying to get mommy and daddy's attention?

Starting to notice that myself.

Spurs Dynasty
05-20-2006, 07:07 PM

Hell yes ! Left arm bleeds Black & Silver, right one bleeds blue and silver.

Only issue i have with Cowboys now is that POS Terrel Owens !!!

Jerry Jones - shame on you !!!!

Tanya
05-20-2006, 07:26 PM
Rematch!
Let's play some game.

http://sports.tom.com/uimg/2006/1/12/lanqiu/56528279xiaoke0112_55394.jpg

foodie2
05-20-2006, 08:25 PM

Ha! The only bright spot that I will see on the horizon if Dallas pulls a miracle and beats us in Game 7 is that the Pistons will absolutely kill the Mavs--I predict it would be a sweep.

But we'll never know--Pistons and Spurs have a date with destiny.

theMUHMEshow
05-20-2006, 08:42 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/jm_phenom23/weareallwitnesses20fv.jpg

theMUHMEshow
05-20-2006, 08:47 PM

:lol

Your ass better get past the Spurs first buddy... I dont think you want any of :fro

Detroit Basketball
05-20-2006, 10:14 PM
I usually hate the Spurs, but I've actually found myself pulling for them...

I have a new found respect for Spurs fans, mostly because of this thread. You all see down to earth and NBA savy fans who know their stuff. No troll BS or hating on teams just because you hate their guts.

Spurs and Pistons rematch! :fro

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b192/stevemorello/Pistons/sheed2.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b192/stevemorello/Pistons/sheed3.jpg

ABDENOUR POWER
05-20-2006, 10:22 PM
This Pistons/Spurs love is getting to be a bit much. :lol

spurs=bling
05-20-2006, 10:24 PM

i don't think so.

Numba1PistonsFan
05-21-2006, 01:49 AM
Go Spurs!!! From Detroit go on the Cavs message board they think they are the shit now

TonyC
05-21-2006, 01:56 AM

Tell me about it...the finals are going to be boring again...guess I'll be watching baseball.

LilMissSPURfect
05-21-2006, 02:02 AM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4/gulygeek/pix289.jpg

LilMissSPURfect
05-21-2006, 02:04 AM
Tell me about it...the finals are going to be boring again...guess I'll be watching baseball.
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4/gulygeek/6762u4glvglq9r.gif

rep
05-21-2006, 02:30 AM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/jm_phenom23/weareallwitnesses20fv.jpg

haha, oh that's beautiful. I love all these witness pics, if only I knew how to do that....

Go Pistons!! Go Spurs!! Wohoo!!

theMUHMEshow
05-21-2006, 03:10 AM
haha, oh that's beautiful. I love all these witness pics, if only I knew how to do that....

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/jm_phenom23/witnessthis.jpg

What an idiot...I hate the finger nail clipping during the game. Get the hell out of here Lebron

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/jm_phenom23/WeAreAllWitnesses.jpg

AC_from_the_D
05-21-2006, 02:23 PM
When your Spurs beat Dallas tommorow, I will laugh my ass off. You guys have done good, I counted you out and you guys have proved me wrong. Glad to see you guys want this kind of rematch, to bad all Spurs fans can't be like you. We have a spurs fan on our board in Detroit and he talks shit and nothing else, its a sad sight to see.

TonyC
05-21-2006, 02:28 PM
When your Spurs beat Dallas tommorow, I will laugh my ass off. You guys have done good, I counted you out and you guys have proved me wrong. Glad to see you guys want this kind of rematch, to bad all Spurs fans can't be like you. We have a spurs fan on our board in Detroit and he talks shit and nothing else, its a sad sight to see.

I still count them out....you should know pistons fan....it's not over. I hope Dallas destroys the pistons in the finals. But first...you need to worry about your game today. Any GaraunSHEEDS??

CosmicCowboy
05-21-2006, 02:31 PM
You just know that the Heat are crossing their fingers and praying right now that LeBron and company pull this series out...Shaq is just licking his lips thinking of going against Z for the ECF instead of the Wallaces...

T Park
05-21-2006, 02:33 PM
if the Spurs could win tommarow night, i gaurantee they would be praying for Lebron to win too.

T Park
05-21-2006, 02:37 PM

I turn the game on, first thing I hear?

DEEEETROOOIIITTTT BAAS

ARGG

part of me finds it annoying and played out

the other half of me wishes the Spurs had sucha catchy term.

TonyC
05-21-2006, 02:41 PM

DEEEETROOOIIITTTT BAAS

ARGG

No no no...you guys have one "Go Spurs Go" It's for all the kids that attend.

Future41534
05-21-2006, 02:42 PM
I for one do not want to see these two in the finals again.Theyre both exciting but the world wants to see somone new step up,(LEbron Nash)One of these teams have been in the finals for the last 5 years or so.So yes I agree the world is agaisnt them.

AC_from_the_D
05-21-2006, 03:00 PM
You just know that the Heat are crossing their fingers and praying right now that LeBron and company pull this series out...Shaq is just licking his lips thinking of going against Z for the ECF instead of the Wallaces...
Damn straight, Shaq has nothing on the Wallaces anymore. :lol

AC_from_the_D
05-21-2006, 03:02 PM

DEEEETROOOIIITTTT BAAS

ARGG

thats part what gets our fans riled up, dont hate appreciate, and yeah you guys should be jealous, your announcer puts no heart in it like ours. :lol:

td4mvp21
05-21-2006, 03:03 PM

And Let's Go Mavs is so much better. Oh wait, its not. STFU.

FromWayDowntown
05-21-2006, 03:04 PM

Sure.

"Let's Go Mavs" is super-fresh.

samikeyp
05-21-2006, 03:04 PM
Damn straight, Shaq has nothing on the Wallaces anymore.

except a lot of fat. :lol

T Park
05-21-2006, 03:05 PM
dont hate appreciate, and yeah you guys should be jealous, your announcer puts no heart in it like ours

dont hate apreciate what are you stuck in 1991?

Still have the high fade and the flip up sunglasses like the clown from a Different World?!?!

and no im not jealous, our annoucer is there to announce not be a sideshow to the fucking game.

samikeyp
05-21-2006, 03:09 PM
jealous of a PA announcer? isn't that a bit of a stretch? You know you are reaching the bottom of the barrel when you bring out "announcer smack". Honestly who cares? If Detroit and SA met again in the finals, I would be way more interested in the game then who is telling me who is on the court.

AC_from_the_D
05-21-2006, 03:15 PM
dont hate apreciate what are you stuck in 1991?

Still have the high fade and the flip up sunglasses like the clown from a Different World?!?!

and no im not jealous, our annoucer is there to announce not be a sideshow to the fucking game.
Nope, I was 7 in 91, anyways I'm just havin some fun. I just like our announcer compared to your(better introduction and better annoncement of home team stuff, i.e. Detroit Basketball, or fouls against an opponent, etc).

CosmicCowboy
05-21-2006, 03:16 PM
Damn...what a surprise. Two straight possessions, two horribly bad calls. Game tied.

AC_from_the_D
05-21-2006, 03:16 PM
jealous of a PA announcer? isn't that a bit of a stretch? You know you are reaching the bottom of the barrel when you bring out "announcer smack". Honestly who cares? If Detroit and SA met again in the finals, I would be way more interested in the game then who is telling me who is on the court.
True, I more interested in the game, I just happen to like hearing the announcements.

AC_from_the_D
05-21-2006, 03:17 PM
Damn...what a surprise. Two straight possessions, two horribly bad calls. Game tied.
Yeah, they missed a over the rim tip, oh well.

CosmicCowboy
05-21-2006, 03:19 PM
Yeah, they missed a over the rim tip, oh well.

And LeBrons pushoff. When ABC announcers admit it you know it's blatant.

Spurs Dynasty
05-21-2006, 03:19 PM

Very true, but kudos to Mavs as well, that blue dinasaur mascot is pretty cool for the kids too. I think it is wonderful that we get the kids involved early dont you think? future NBA revenue, eh? :lol

AC_from_the_D
05-21-2006, 03:26 PM
And LeBrons pushoff. When ABC announcers admit it you know it's blatant.
ESPN is worse, they come up with some bad bull$hit about it not being Brons fault when he gets a foul they wax LeBron's ass worse then I have ever seen. And it will be just as bad next series against DWade and Shaq. If ESPN had its way, it would be the Cavs and Heat in the actual Finals.

TonyC
05-21-2006, 03:28 PM
Very true, but kudos to Mavs as well, that blue dinasaur mascot is pretty cool for the kids too. I think it is wonderful that we get the kids involved early dont you think? future NBA revenue, eh? :lol

It's not a dinosaur smart guy, It's a horse. Cause mavericks ride horses. What the hell does a cayote have to do with anything?? I was at game 2 and 5. Ya'll have some really cheesy stuff.

td4mvp21
05-21-2006, 03:30 PM
It's not a dinosaur smart guy, It's a horse. Cause mavericks ride horses. What the hell does a cayote have to do with anything?? I was at game 2 and 5. Ya'll have some really cheesy stuff.

Well then don't go back, the arena won't be missing out on anything.

Melmart1
05-21-2006, 03:30 PM

I will take cheesy over drowning the oppositions mascot anyday.

CosmicCowboy
05-21-2006, 03:31 PM
Cause mavericks ride horses.

Now THATS funny...:lmao

Spurs Dynasty
05-21-2006, 03:34 PM

Tony, you are helping me too much, guy. First , we all KNOW it is SUPPOSED to be a horsey. But what does it look like to you.

Secondly, mavericks dont RIDE horses, the ARE horses.

Spurs Dynasty
05-21-2006, 03:37 PM
Oh, yeah and some Mavericks ride around on trains and gamble a lot...
..but that is a horse of a different color !

CosmicCowboy
05-21-2006, 05:13 PM
Well...Pistons did their part.

TonyC
05-21-2006, 05:17 PM
Well...Pistons did their part.

Once again.....stop with all this piston-spur buddy-buddy shit. You most likely won't even get to play them. That's why your team's so boring.

ducks
05-21-2006, 05:20 PM
spurs will play like the pistons and win by double digits

BOOK IT
ROAD TEAMS CHOKE IN GAME 7

JamStone
05-21-2006, 05:20 PM
Dear Spurs and Spurs fans,

Your turn.

Sincerely,

Pistons and Pistons fans :fro

spurs=bling
05-21-2006, 05:26 PM
Tony, you are helping me too much, guy. First , we all KNOW it is SUPPOSED to be a horsey. But what does it look like to you.

Secondly, mavericks dont RIDE horses, the ARE horses.

no its a pony.

CosmicCowboy
05-21-2006, 05:27 PM
Once again.....stop with all this piston-spur buddy-buddy shit. You most likely won't even get to play them. That's why your team's so boring.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0792166493.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Deb
05-21-2006, 05:27 PM
Props to Piston fans on the win.

spurs=bling
05-21-2006, 05:29 PM
no we wont

anthologyct
Alright Spurs fans ............. your turn! Keep HOPE ALIVE!

Both teams gotta get back to the finals to slap Stern and ABC in the face!

I want the 2 best teams in the Finals!

Good luck tomorrow ............. I'll be rootin' for you!

Duncan's gonna drop 32 & 12 against the Mavs

BigShotBillups
Thanks Guys and Gals...now the Spurs have to win tomorrow! Go Spurs!!

The Genius
05-21-2006, 05:31 PM

"Wanta Fanta, Don't cha Wanna!"

spurs=bling
05-21-2006, 05:34 PM
Cause mavericks ride horses.

but sometimes they(mavs) like for others to ride them

http://i4.tinypic.com/10d8ndu.jpg

T Park
05-21-2006, 05:36 PM

first off its a Coyote genius.

Once again.....stop with all this piston-spur buddy-buddy shit. You most likely won't even get to play them. That's why your team's so boring

how about you just get fucked, and go away.

TonyC
05-21-2006, 05:36 PM
Alright Spurs fans ............. your turn! Keep HOPE ALIVE!

Both teams gotta get back to the finals to slap Stern and ABC in the face!

I want the 2 best teams in the Finals!

Good luck tomorrow ............. I'll be rootin' for you!

Duncan's gonna drop 32 & 12 against the Mavs

Well why dont you guys hold hands and skip around the court for the whole series. split the trophy..

T Park
05-21-2006, 05:37 PM
We just might do that.

spurs=bling
05-21-2006, 05:39 PM
Well why dont you guys hold hands and skip around the court for the whole series. split the trophy..

someone has been drinking

http://i4.tinypic.com/10d8u54.jpg

Spurs Dynasty
05-21-2006, 05:55 PM

Hmm. Well, ok. Now lets talk matchups, basketball is all about matchups. I dont think we can go small ball, it would look silly with the bigger Pistons skipping with much shorter Spurs players. I say we must put Duncan on Ben Wallace, they are about even... should look spiffy skipping and holding hands together.

How bout the other matchups?

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
05-21-2006, 05:59 PM
Manu and Delfino would definitely skip together...

spurs=bling
05-21-2006, 06:02 PM
Rasho and Rasheed would skip together too.

1Parker1
05-21-2006, 06:06 PM
Rasho and Rasheed would skip together too.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

I'm sorry, but an actual mental picture of this came to my mind when I read it. Now that's funny.

spurs=bling
05-21-2006, 06:08 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao

I'm sorry, but an actual mental picture of this came to my mind when I read it. Now that's funny.

just putting the two R's together.

AC_from_the_D
05-21-2006, 06:12 PM
We just might do that.
I was about to say, that would be a good Plan. LOL

Here's my prediction. Pistons in 7, the spurs in it until the last minute.

1Parker1
05-21-2006, 06:16 PM

Let's see if the Spurs make it out of the WCSF and if the Pistons make it out of the ECF, before we make predictions. :lol

Spurs Dynasty
05-21-2006, 06:17 PM

What no sharing? It would save time and stop wasting all that gas flying all over the place.

We could even have common rings made... combine the names...

The Pis-urs, i think. yeah

spurs=bling
05-21-2006, 06:19 PM
What no sharing? It would save time and stop wasting all that gas flying all over the place.

i like Spistors

1Parker1
05-21-2006, 06:19 PM
Tongue-Twisters. :lol

Spurs Dynasty
05-21-2006, 06:21 PM
i like Spistors

That works too. Oh, no, we didnt run off TonyC did we?

On a serious note, congrats, Pistons. If we both make it to finals, should be a great battle.

Manu4Three
05-21-2006, 06:22 PM

I agree, and a ring named Manu Prince, i.e.

TonyC
05-21-2006, 06:22 PM
Oh my god.....you guys are cracking me up with this shit. None of you deserve a championship. If its not the mavs, it the heat that will win this shit. Both of your teams have some false hopes here. This is the dumbest shit i've ever heard of......it's called BEING COMPETITIVE, I like the pistons more than the fans. They would grab this guy leaving these messages and throw him into lake michigan. Fuck this shit!!!

spurs=bling
05-21-2006, 06:24 PM
That works too. Oh, no, we didnt run off TonyC did we?

well for a mavs fan to try to take on two fan bases united as one is not very smart.

Spurs Dynasty
05-21-2006, 06:28 PM
Oh my god.....you guys are cracking me up with this shit. None of you deserve a championship. If its not the mavs, it the heat that will win this shit. Both of your teams have some false hopes here. This is the dumbest shit i've ever heard of......it's called BEING COMPETITIVE, I like the pistons more than the fans. They would grab this guy leaving these messages and throw him into lake michigan. Fuck this shit!!!

Whew! Better that the muddy-ass riverwalk. A guy could get sick from that !

Dont worry, Piston fans, your secret is safe with me.

TonyC
05-21-2006, 06:31 PM
well for a mavs fan to try to take on two fan bases united as one is not very smart.

Oh whats gonna happen to me...some mis-spelled curse words or some more trash talk about Cuban. Or maybe, "how many championships has Dallas won?" Go Mavs!!! I love being the only mav fan wasting my time on here, it really makes me feel good at the end of the day. Get your tackle boxes ready. Maybe spur and pistons fans can go fishing together and exchange thier favorite nba finals moments or tell each other how much they love one another. LETS GOOOOO MAVERICKS!!!!! Dirk 29point, 19 boards, 3 steals. Jason Terry with 30 points, 10 assists.

Pistons < Spurs
05-21-2006, 06:31 PM
Time for the Spurs to win.

Time to get it done.

Time to advance past these Mavs....if for no other reason than watching these Mav posters dissapear.

Keep the dream alive.

I will be rooting the Spurs on with all that I have.

spurs=bling
05-21-2006, 06:34 PM

Time to get it done.

Time to advance past these Mavs....if for no other reason than watching these Mav posters dissapear.

Keep the dream alive.

dude you are the best :makeout

spurs=bling
05-21-2006, 06:35 PM
Oh whats gonna happen to me...some mis-spelled curse words or some more trash talk about Cuban. Or maybe, "how many championships has Dallas won?" Go Mavs!!! I love being the only mav fan wasting my time on here, it really makes me feel good at the end of the day. Get your tackle boxes ready. Maybe spur and pistons fans can go fishing together and exchange thier favorite nba finals moments or tell each other how much they love one another. LETS GOOOOO MAVERICKS!!!!! Dirk 29point, 19 boards, 3 steals. Jason Terry with 30 points, 10 assists.

spurschick
05-21-2006, 06:38 PM
I love being the only mav fan wasting my time on here, it really makes me feel good at the end of the day.

Then feel free to post in the official Game 7 thread.
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41465

SPARKY
05-21-2006, 06:49 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060521/capt.43f1e60bb8c74e05a4a7661fa98c2f31.cavaliers_pi stons_basketball_dtp138.jpg

May 21, 2006

Detroit 79, Cleveland 61

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (AP) -- LeBron James made things rough for the Detroit Pistons. In the end, the two-time defending Eastern Conference champions got it right.

Coming back from a 3-2 deficit, Detroit eliminated James and the Cleveland Cavaliers with a 79-61 win Sunday in Game 7 of their second-round series.

"Our slogan is, 'If it ain't rough, it ain't right,"' Richard Hamilton said. "So it was rough for us, and we got the win. Now we're looking forward to the next series."

James was often sensational throughout the series, but ultimately, the 21-year-old phenom could not help the Cavaliers overcome Detroit's defense, experience and home-court advantage. The Pistons proved -- again -- that being down does not mean they're out.

The Pistons held Cleveland to the lowest-point total in a Game 7, and to its worst quarter offensively in franchise playoff history.

DetroitBasketball
05-21-2006, 06:51 PM
Go Spurs! You guys can do it, I know it. It's your time to shut up freakin Cuban and the Mavs. I'll be cheering you on tomorrow. Good luck!

~Sweetmelody~
05-21-2006, 06:57 PM
Time to get it done.

Keep the dream alive.

Thanks ! Glad all this positive energy brought you the win- hope there is enough for us, because yes it's the positive energy :lol

Some of the responses have me :lmao :rollin

Future41534
05-21-2006, 06:59 PM
No, its your guys game to lose.

DetroitBasketball
05-21-2006, 06:59 PM
No, its your guys game to lose.

You wish.

East Coast Babe
05-21-2006, 07:03 PM

See The game? That ladies and gentlemen is how we do that!!