PDA

View Full Version : Rematch!!!!

bdubya
05-20-2006, 12:08 AM
Stern got his 7-game serieses in the semis, but anyhow...

SPURS/PISTONS FINALS!!! MAY THE BEST TEAM WIN!!!!!

Congrats to the spurs for bringing it back home!

Rip-Hamilton32
05-20-2006, 12:35 PM
lol there just lucky dirk sucks

Darrin
05-20-2006, 12:55 PM
lol there just lucky dirk sucks

And we're lucky the Cavs couldn't rebound in the final two minutes.

kalikot_boy_kr
05-20-2006, 01:19 PM
Rewatch!

Leetonidas
05-20-2006, 02:25 PM
And we're lucky the Cavs couldn't rebound in the final two minutes.

Also lucky that LeBron is retarded and passed up on a three. I don't know WTF he was thinking.

Darrin
05-20-2006, 03:45 PM
Also lucky that LeBron is retarded and passed up on a three. I don't know WTF he was thinking.

Flip Murray had a better shot in the corner. Ben Wallace was on him, and the defense was keyed into Lebron. Wallace has blocked game-tying or game-winning shots before. The one on (Edit) Danny Granger earlier this year (20-footer) saved a 76-75 victory over the Pacers.

jman3000
05-20-2006, 03:45 PM
Rewatch!

post of the day

Dunc
05-20-2006, 03:48 PM
Flip Murray had a better shot in the corner. Ben Wallace was on him, and the defense was keyed into Lebron. Wallace has blocked game-tying or game-winning shots before. The one on Stephen Jackson earlier this year (20-footer) saved a 76-75 victory over the Pacers.

Wasn't that Danny Granger? You usually have your facts right so I wouldn't be surprised if you were right, but I'm about 95% sure it was Granger. Doesn't matter, just wondering.

Darrin
05-20-2006, 03:49 PM
Wasn't that Danny Granger? You usually have your facts right so I wouldn't be surprised if you were right, but I'm about 95% sure it was Granger. Doesn't matter, just wondering.

I think you are right - it was Granger. I had a hard time coming up with that name, and I didn't check it.

Dunc
05-20-2006, 03:53 PM
Either way, though, you're right. LeBron or not, you don't want to be shooting a buzzer beating 3 over Big Ben. He'll at least alter that shot. The pass to Flip Murray was the best bet.

Darrin
05-20-2006, 04:06 PM
Either way, though, you're right. LeBron or not, you don't want to be shooting a buzzer beating 3 over Big Ben. He'll at least alter that shot. The pass to Flip Murray was the best bet.

The refs all night long were calling any contact on Lebron's waist, whether it stopped his motion or not. That's why the foul was called on Big Ben.

He bitched about the foul as much as Lebron James did.

Dunc
05-20-2006, 04:11 PM
The refs all night long were calling any contact on Lebron's waist, whether it stopped his motion or not. That's why the foul was called on Big Ben.

He bitched about the foul as much as Lebron James did.

I hate the conspiracy talk that goes on sometimes, but you have to wonder after some of those calls last night. And that last play made it seem like the refs didn't know the score or something. It just really gives one pause when he can draw so many phantom fouls like that in a close game. The fact that our boys went out and made it happen like that last night in a situation such as that makes me doubly proud to be a Pistons fan. It just seemed almost blatant with some of the ticky-tack whistles.

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-20-2006, 07:09 PM
if the Pistons can barely stop Lebron and his scrubs.......how are you going to even contend with two superstars and better role players on the heat?

this pistons side isnt as strong as last season in the playoffs, its easy to see when watching the games............Flip must be the reason lol

PaceMonster
05-20-2006, 07:17 PM
Im not on here to troll, even though this is not a Pistons forum....but i do think that the Heat can take the Pistons in 6...if the Cavs....the CAVS!!!!!the team with no experience whatsoever excluding DJ and Eric Snow can be a bounce or 2 from eliminating the Pistons in 6...Miami should have no problem....Pistons fans should just hope that this round was a fluke because Detroit made the Cavs look like an All-Star team...and everyone who has common sense about basketball will also know that with Shaq, Haslem and other good rebounders on the Heat will never let Detroit get 5 Offensive rebound in one possesion....no excluding that Wade would have grabbed that rebound that flip murray missed with one hand....on the flip side....this in my opinion will happen only if the heat play like they did vs the nets...(good team basketball)...if they go back to regular season basketball we will get eliminated in 6(maybe even 5)...i kno this is in the wrong thread but since every1 is talking about the Heat i decided to just put this in

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-20-2006, 08:26 PM
Save the Rematch talk til' we try and take these game sevens...It would be sweet, but let's not start celebrating til we advance at least.

mike detroit
05-20-2006, 10:03 PM
if the Pistons can barely stop Lebron and his scrubs.......how are you going to even contend with two superstars and better role players on the heat?

this pistons side isnt as strong as last season in the playoffs, its easy to see when watching the games............Flip must be the reason lol

a good point, but I think you're wrong. the pistons have run into a big time star player that actually passes. the normal way of dealing with superstars doesn't work with lebron. for their part, the pistons have played right into it. i hate to say it, but flip is coaching like shit right now. I still think we win this series, the palace is going to be a madhouse tommorow(I'll be there courtside!). but i think shaq and wade are not nearly as hard to deal with as lebron. lebron is a very special player, shaq and (especially) wade are very ordinary. they don't have the multiple dimensions that lebron has. I've been really impressed with him, if he stays with the team, book it, the cavs win a title in the next 5 years.