PDA

View Full Version : Duncan: I have nothing to say to Mark Cuban.

ShoogarBear
05-20-2006, 01:40 AM
Anyone else catch this?

In the post-game, a reporter asked a (rather stupid, I thought) question about what Tim's response was to Mark Cuban's comments about San Antonio. Tim seemed to bristle and said "I have nothing to say to him", and then got up and walked off.

Either he just thought it was a stupid question and wanted to leave and or he was really, really pissed. I can't imagine that he really cares about Cuban one way or another, but there was a weird vibe.

SPARKY
05-20-2006, 01:41 AM
Nice.

Carie
05-20-2006, 01:41 AM
Didn't they ask him if he had any recommendations for a restaurant on the Riverwalk? Then he said "I have nothing to say to Mark Cuban" and got up.

Beautiful.

Winnipeg_Spur
05-20-2006, 01:42 AM
That was fucking awesome, I saw it too. It was just such a great way to end an interview.

spurs=bling
05-20-2006, 01:43 AM
Didn't they ask him if he had any recommendations for a restaurant on the Riverwalk? Then he said "I have nothing to say to Mark Cuban" and got up.

Beautiful.
yeah they did ask him that. and i'm sure Tim wouldn't talk to Mark Cuban.

T.F. Storm
05-20-2006, 01:43 AM
LOL

I didn't see that, but it sounds awesome.

leemajors
05-20-2006, 01:44 AM
yeah i just caught the duncan post game on nbatv, they keep running it. pimp shirt too

myhc
05-20-2006, 01:44 AM
what are the chances mark cuban's little rant about the riverwalk was shown to the team right before they left the locker room? :lol

not a smart move cuban! you make timmy angry!! and angry timmy means baaaaad timmy!!:elephant

austinfan
05-20-2006, 01:45 AM
Tim was so disgusted when he said this, it looked like he had just swallowed a gulp of Riverwalk water. :)

Pistons < Spurs
05-20-2006, 01:46 AM
Yeah, I saw it aswell. Hilarious. Timmy was like WTF??? Whay are you asking me this .... "I have nothing to say to Mark Cuban"

PM5K
05-20-2006, 01:46 AM
Eh, none of these guys are even from here, it's not like he said the Virgin Islands were a bunch of virgins....

As much as Tim Duncan might like San Antonio, I doubt he or anyone else really cared...

Maybe Devin Brown would give a fuck but he's too busy fishing right now....

Pistons_In_7
05-20-2006, 01:47 AM
Didn't Cuban learn anything from what Reggie Miller did to Spike Lee?

That guy is an asshat i hope his private jet crashes and he dies a slow fiery death.

Carie
I think it's more the other crap Cuban is spewing right now that Tim would think him an idiot for. As everyone here has said, city smack is weak.

PM5K
That guy is an asshat i hope his private jet crashes and he dies a slow fiery death.

You went a little too far on that one buddy....

EDIT: And if his private jet crashes, I doubt it would be a slow death...

Condemned 2 HelLA
To me, that looks like Tim is dialed in and PISSED!
Phallas, prepare to meet your doom!!!!!!

Pistons_In_7
05-20-2006, 01:49 AM
Little too far you say? Well that's your opinion. I actually really mean it.

PM5K
05-20-2006, 01:50 AM
Little too far you say? Well that's your opinion. I actually really mean it.

Then you have serious problems...

Carie
05-20-2006, 01:51 AM
Then you have serious problems...
Agreed.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-20-2006, 01:52 AM
Duncan's a cool guy..

Pistons_In_7
05-20-2006, 01:53 AM
Good thing im not your enemy then...

picnroll
05-20-2006, 01:53 AM
"I have nothing to say to Mark Cuban. Not a thing."

Shouldn't have pissed of Timmy, Mark.

Pistons < Spurs
05-20-2006, 01:54 AM
FYI:

You can see it on ESPN in just a few. They mentioned it before the last commercial break.

picnroll
05-20-2006, 01:56 AM
Findawg delivered a message to Mark too.

http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/7274/576623579gn.jpg

GrandeDavid
05-20-2006, 01:57 AM
Tim actually said, " I have nothing to say to Mark Cuban.". All I have to say is "word" that! Get that freakin win on Monday and make that beotch shut up.

4001 STEREO SPUR
05-20-2006, 01:58 AM
Mark Cuban may be (is) a jackass, but his plane doesn't need to crash.
He needs to fall into the SA River though. That'd be cool.. and that was cool how Timmy said " I have nothing to say to Mark Cuban".

DuncanInYourFace
05-20-2006, 01:59 AM

LOL I love it you can see Cuban in the background with a "WTF I'm PAYING THIS GUY?" look on his face

milkyway21
05-20-2006, 02:00 AM
what's this article about Cuban telling he's still interested in Finley?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/basketball/nba/specials/playoffs/2006/05/19/spurs.mavericks.ap/index.html

Before the series, Mavs owner Mark Cuban invited Finley's family to watch the series in his family's luxury suite. "I like Mike," said Cuban, adding that he'd consider re-signing Finley when he becomes a free agent after the 2007-08 season. "But, you know, entertainment is part of the game. Booing him doesn't make him a bad guy". :lol

from what I heard they told us he's too old and useless too! :D

DuncanInYourFace
05-20-2006, 02:00 AM
Cuban obviously has mental problems.

spurs=bling
05-20-2006, 02:01 AM
uh....YEAH!

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-20-2006, 02:12 AM
what's this article about Cuban telling he's still interested in Finley?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/basketball/nba/specials/playoffs/2006/05/19/spurs.mavericks.ap/index.html

Before the series, Mavs owner Mark Cuban invited Finley's family to watch the series in his family's luxury suite. "I like Mike," said Cuban, adding that he'd consider re-signing Finley when he becomes a free agent after the 2007-08 season. "But, you know, entertainment is part of the game. Booing him doesn't make him a bad guy". :lol

from what I heard they told us he's too old and useless too! :D
Cuban's a nasty guy. No class. You can't justify the booing :lol

SA210
05-20-2006, 02:13 AM
It was Don Harris who asked that question.

myhc
05-20-2006, 02:16 AM
LOL I love it you can see Cuban in the background with a "WTF I'm PAYING THIS GUY?" look on his face

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Tony-Go MAVS
05-20-2006, 02:20 AM

I'm glad Finley finally decided to step it up in a crucial game!!! Trader!!! There's no such thing as home court advantage. Now we'll have Terry...and you're in trouble!!

ShoogarBear
05-20-2006, 02:23 AM
I'm glad Finley finally decided to step it up in a crucial game!!! Trader!!! There's no such thing as home court advantage. Now we'll have Terry...and you're in trouble!!
1. Congratulations. You're the first Mav fan post I've seen tonight.

2. Um, the "trader" technically in this case is the dork in the crowd in the blue shirt.

3. Aren't you the language genius who made cracks about speaking "American" up in Dallas?

God, this is so easy.

Tony-Go MAVS
05-20-2006, 02:25 AM
It was a joke bud. You think I'm George W. or something. You babies got a present from Stu Jackson with the suspension. Your home court ain;t shit. I was there for game 2 and 5. We're ready for ya!!

Melmart1
05-20-2006, 02:26 AM

Yes, he traded uniforms. But it wasn't his fault, now was it?

Beer is Good
Trader?? Where the F**K did the Mav fans get this shit? It's TRAITOR. TRAITOR. Say it with me... TRAITOR - yes very good.

dumbass

coopdogg3

ummmmm... You're joking right? I mean, you do realize that Dallas cut Finley right? I mean, it was really Cuban who stabbed Finley in the back, not vice versa. You do realize that, right? And just a quick side-note, its "Traitor", calling Finley a merchant doesn't really make a lot of sense. Especially because Finley would be a bad trader since he took less money to play for San Antonio.

milkyway21
05-20-2006, 02:27 AM
I'm glad Finley finally decided to step it up in a crucial game!!! Trader!!! There's no such thing as home court advantage. Now we'll have Terry...and you're in trouble!!maybe Tim is tired of Cuban immature ways :D

wow:that's one Nasty Mike Finley dunk :clap

BTW, where's Mavsfan1000? he insisted Finley is useless and old. well, it's clearly the opposite right now.

Tony-Go MAVS
05-20-2006, 02:28 AM
I admit...we lost it at halftime. Congrats on making it to game 7. I'm not surprised...it's what we all expected. Just be on your toes for game 7. I hope I get a ticket. I'll take a n ass beating for a game 7 win!!

Nero
05-20-2006, 02:28 AM

A drowning in the riverwalk would be more appropriate.

Condemned 2 HelLA
05-20-2006, 02:29 AM
I admit...we lost it at halftime. Congrats on making it to game 7. I'm not surprised...it's what we all expected. Just be on your toes for game 7. I hope I get a ticket. I'll take a n ass beating for a game 7 win!!

Oh, you'll get a game 7 ass whipping too.
Book it!

ShoogarBear
Trader?? Where the F**K did the Mav fans get this shit? It's TRAITOR. TRAITOR. Say it with me... TRAITOR - yes very good.

dumbassI tried to point this out nicely. Maybe your way will work better.

Winnipeg_Spur
It was a joke bud. You think I'm George W. or something. You babies got a present from Stu Jackson with the suspension. Your home court ain;t shit. I was there for game 2 and 5. We're ready for ya!!
We got a gift but it wasn't from Stu, it was from that dumbfuck Jason Terry "reacting" with a closed fist. Smart move.

coopdogg3
05-20-2006, 02:30 AM

Wow. OK, you do realize that San Antonio won Game 5 right? So I don't know what exactly you're ready for. 2nd, I'm tired of Mavericks fans pulling off this idiotic nonsense. You ball up your fist and throw it at a player - that's a 1 game suspension. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. There is one person who gave us the "present" and that was Terry. Your youth and lack of play-off experience really showed, and it bit you in the butt. Plain and simple.

You are correct in not forfeiting the game to San Antonio, I expect a hard-fought game 7. But that suspension was completely in-line with league rules.

Carie
05-20-2006, 02:31 AM
You babies got a present from Stu Jackson with the suspension.
If we got a present, it was given to us by Terry. Accept it. Move on.

But props for coming back. Seriously. Most fans haven't had the 'balls'. No worries, Terry's still in Dallas. You're safe for now.

milkyway21
05-20-2006, 02:31 AM

A drowning in the riverwalk would be more appropriate.be careful Nero you might get banned :lol

let's be just Spursfans. the nicer ones in the NBA.

dav4463
05-20-2006, 02:32 AM
I would never wish a plane crash. I would much rather see Cuban in the stands as his Mavs are eliminated......oh, how I hope that happens! I would rather see him lose all his money and then see how many gorgeous women and Hollywood stars would want to party with him then!

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-20-2006, 02:33 AM
I admit...we lost it at halftime. Congrats on making it to game 7. I'm not surprised...it's what we all expected. Just be on your toes for game 7.
Good sport....The Mavs shoulda capitalized when Timmy was sitting down. You like the elimination feeling? Welcome to the club..We've been feeling it since Monday!!

I hope I get a ticket. I'll take a n ass beating for a game 7 win!!
No need to ask, the Spurs are looking to give your Mavs that ass-beating in a 20 pt. blow out for the Spurs' win.

George W Bush
05-20-2006, 02:34 AM
You think I'm George W. or something.

Not possible.
By the way,

Go Spurs.

I'm George W Bush and I approve this win :tu

Tony-Go MAVS
05-20-2006, 02:35 AM
Wow. OK, you do realize that San Antonio won Game 5 right? So I don't know what exactly you're ready for. 2nd, I'm tired of Mavericks fans pulling off this idiotic nonsense. You ball up your fist and throw it at a player - that's a 1 game suspension. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. There is one person who gave us the "present" and that was Terry. Your youth and lack of play-off experience really showed, and it bit you in the butt. Plain and simple.

You are correct in not forfeiting the game to San Antonio, I expect a hard-fought game 7. But that suspension was completely in-line with league rules.

That's cool. I just know what you cry babies would have said if the suspension would have fallen on one of the spurs. You would probably start riots in the streets of San Antonio.

shelshor
05-20-2006, 03:31 AM
I think his cold bitch of a mother just didn't hug him enough

SilverPlayer
05-20-2006, 03:47 AM
I remember the last time we had a player that would hit a guy, and we generally blamed the player and kicked his ass out of town...His name was Rodman, you might be familiar with him.

angel_luv
05-20-2006, 04:02 AM
Well said Timmy!

alamo50
05-20-2006, 08:56 AM
Just another stupid ass question by Don "Screw You" Harris.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-20-2006, 09:12 AM
This is what I bet the real interview would be of Tim Duncan with nothing held back:"Mark just needs to shut up because the team needs to do all the talking on the floor and not when we beat you and you're trying to figure out a reason to say that we're cheaters. First he tried to take down Houston by sending tapes to the refs saying to watch Yao more closely, now we're next on his radar but we're too good and we don't make mistakes so he can't send anything about us. He's just jealous because we've always beaten them when it counts and now that they have had two opportunites to take us out, they've failed and now we're going back to our muddy water and we're gonna show them we still are the team to beat when you come to Texas. Oh yeah and by the way, Finley had 16 points that included a dunk in a 1 on 4 situation and a 3 all over Dirk and was the key to our final defensive stop. So you might wanna bring him back."

Spurs Dynasty
05-20-2006, 09:20 AM
That's cool. I just know what you cry babies would have said if the suspension would have fallen on one of the spurs. You would probably start riots in the streets of San Antonio.

1. Our players dont punch other players in the balls.

2. We dont riot in the streets here. We all just go for a rita and a mudbath down at the riverwalk You should join us one time.

picnroll
05-20-2006, 10:43 AM
Never happen Pop doesn't keep dumbshits on the team. Jack might have done something like that but he's gone. Don't blame us if you have a lot of thugs and dumbshits like Shithouse, Terry and Dampier on you team.

ICE3000
05-20-2006, 10:51 AM
yeah they did ask him that. and i'm sure Tim wouldn't talk to Mark Cuban.

That repoter was Don Harris from WOAI 1200... he shoulda known better

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-20-2006, 11:10 AM
Eh, none of these guys are even from here, it's not like he said the Virgin Islands were a bunch of virgins....

As much as Tim Duncan might like San Antonio, I doubt he or anyone else really cared...

Dude, I can't believe you'd say that. I was in SA for only a month and the people and city captured my heart - you think guys like Duncan who has devoted his entire professional career to SA don't care about the city and its people? I think you are wrong. SA obviously means a lot to Tim.

degenerate_gambler
05-20-2006, 11:19 AM
That repoter was Don Harris from WOAI 1200... he shoulda known better

He knew exactly what he was doing.

angel_luv
05-20-2006, 11:23 AM
My thought exactly.