PDA

View Full Version : Finley

E20
05-20-2006, 02:05 AM
Micheal Finley deserves his own thread. He was raw as gravy tonight. Scoring 16 points on 60% shooting (6-10 FG) and 2-3 from the three point and the last one couldn't have come at a better time with 2:45 left in the 4th, giving the Spurs a 5 point lead. His aggressivness and will to win have been really impressive and I'm really glad we signed this guy!!

Also, I love his post-dunk actions, first with his little shoulder shrug in Game 5 and now with the head-butt in Game 6. :lmao

Manu20
05-20-2006, 02:07 AM
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h62/cantu5977/Finley.jpg

Take a look who is in the backround. :fro

sprrs
05-20-2006, 02:07 AM
Micheal Finley deserves his own thread. He was raw as gravy tonight. Scoring 16 points on 60% shooting (6-10 FG) and 2-3 from the three point and the last one couldn't have come at a better time with 2:45 left in the 4th, giving the Spurs a 5 point lead. His aggressivness and will to win have been really impressive and I'm really glad we signed this guy!!

Also, I love his post-dunk actions, first with his little shoulder shrug in Game 5 and now with the head-butt in Game 6. :lmao

That three gave us a 3 poine lead actually, which makes it even more crucial. Especially since he did it with a defender parked right in front of him. :spin

texbumTHElife
05-20-2006, 02:08 AM
I have said it before and I will say it again. After this seasons championship Finley will go down as the best Spurs FA signing ever.

E20
05-20-2006, 02:08 AM

Take a look at Mark Cuban. :lmao
It looks like Cuban just shit his pants scared.

RON ARTEST
05-20-2006, 02:10 AM
Take a look at Mark Cuban. :lmao
It looks like Cuban just shit his pants scared.
"damn why did we let him go"?-cuban

Dingle Barry
05-20-2006, 02:11 AM
Finley is now one of my favorite Spurs of all time. He is such a great guy and to respond to the bullshit harrassment nutless Dallas is throwing at him the way he is damn inspiring.

Sway
05-20-2006, 02:12 AM
His header after the dunk was classic!

Winnipeg_Spur
05-20-2006, 02:15 AM
Finley is a bad man, to hit those shots against his old team with all those idiot fans booing. 45 minutes too, not bad for a washed up old geezer. ;)

jman3000
05-20-2006, 02:18 AM
Finley is a bad man, to hit those shots against his old team with all those idiot fans booing. 45 minutes too, not bad for a washed up old geezer. ;)

wow... i knew he had a great game.. .but 45 minutes... what's even more incredible is that he kept up his high level of play throughout crunch time. Amazing.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-20-2006, 02:19 AM
He wants it...I'm glad he's playing for us, because he's been hungry...he joined Manu and Tim who were carrying it down the stretch in the 4th.

3 Dunks in a row to get our team pumped...Props to Finley for stepping up.

Beer is Good
05-20-2006, 02:23 AM
Hear Hear to Michael Finley... You and Gino saved our asses tonight. That header on the dunk was classic and one of the few things I had never seen in a basketball game before. Here's to sticking a DAGGER in Cuban and the Mavs all the while cashing their checks. You are officially the MAN.

charmie21
05-20-2006, 02:25 AM
i love Mikey!

strokin340
05-20-2006, 02:30 AM
Finley=stud... He is the difference in this series. He has put out in playoffs. He is a great player. His D will pick up. I just think he did a great job on Dirk tonight.

whottt
05-20-2006, 02:32 AM
wow... i knew he had a great game.. .but 45 minutes... what's even more incredible is that he kept up his high level of play throughout crunch time. Amazing.

Michael Finley's last 3 games:

42 minutes
47 minutes
45 minutes

He used to always lead the league in minutes played when he was younger...but he was never as hard as he is now.

Those Dallas fans boing him like that has changed him...You can tell it bothers him, but he's not laying down...

After his dunks now....he muscles up, he hits the ball off his head, he's sending a message that if they want to be his enemy then he's going to be their worst fucking nightmare...they made it personal and he's the boogey man now.

He is seriously hurting his old team the past 3 games, it's got to feel good to him.

ShoogarBear
05-20-2006, 02:35 AM
Not only that but, even though he'll never be great at it, he's busting his ass on defense with a ton of time on Dirk.

Horry For 3!
05-20-2006, 02:36 AM

The game was tied until he hit that 3 and he hit the 3 in Dirk's face. :)

Carie
05-20-2006, 02:36 AM
Those Dallas fans boing him like that has changed him...You can tell it bothers him, but he's not laying down....
Yeah, his postgame interview he spoke about it. Mentioned leaving it all out on the floor for that team and city. And that they call him a traitor, but it wasn't up to him at all. You definitely could tell it bothered him. I think the term he used was disheartning.

Horry For 3!
05-20-2006, 02:37 AM

You gotta love the head but of the basketball back to the ref too :smokin

whottt
05-20-2006, 02:42 AM
He was raw as gravy

?

whottt
05-20-2006, 02:44 AM
Yeah, his postgame interview he spoke about it. Mentioned leaving it all out on the floor for that team and city. And that they call him a traitor, but it wasn't up to him at all. You definitely could tell it bothered him. I think the term he used was disheartning.

He also said it made it easier for him to focus on his job...mentioned that earlier in the year when they cheered him it was harder to play against them.

I guess we should thank Dirk for that assist...

4001 STEREO SPUR
05-20-2006, 02:45 AM
The game was tied until he hit that 3 and he hit the 3 in Dirk's face. :)

Wasn't it Finley who was in Dirks face when he missed his 3?

Carie
05-20-2006, 02:45 AM
That's right, I had forgotten about that. And ya know, I never thought about it that way until he mentioned it.

I think those 20 minutes or so when I wasn't breathing at the end of the game did some damage to my memory :)

clubalien
05-20-2006, 02:47 AM
the mavs are a better team and thee is no way we could win this series without finely

whottt
05-20-2006, 02:47 AM
I think those 20 minutes or so when I wasn't breathing at the end of the game did some damage to my memory :)

You had trouble breathing? But you have such healthy...lungs.

Horry For 3!
05-20-2006, 02:48 AM
Wasn't it Finley who was in Dirks face when he missed his 3?
Yeah. Finley hit tha big 3 over Dirk

and

Dirk couldn't hit the big 3 over Finley :smokin

clubalien
05-20-2006, 02:53 AM
that three by dirk was a very diffcult shot. as i posted in the game log reminded me of the offblance shot sean elliott made

Texas_Ranger
05-20-2006, 02:54 AM
Michael is a great player, and I`m very happy that he is a SPUR

4001 STEREO SPUR
05-20-2006, 03:00 AM
Yeah. Finley hit tha big 3 over Dirk

and

Dirk couldn't hit the big 3 over Finley :smokin

There is justice. That prima donna didn't get a foul until he had to foul in the final seconds.

angel_luv
05-20-2006, 04:05 AM
Fin was awesome in the game as well as in the post game.

I loved how he kept alluding to the fact that the fans boos actually helped his game.

Also what was with that near last reporter. The one who asked, " Did you think Terry should be suspended. You (talking about Finley) were close to the action." :wtf

:lol

Kori Ellis
05-20-2006, 04:40 AM
http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/rids/20060520/i/r3994473969.jpg

Lame.

Condemned 2 HelLA
05-20-2006, 04:42 AM

Scoreboard.
'Nuff said.
I hope taking the night off from the topless bar was worth it for these two bimbos!

Carie
05-20-2006, 04:43 AM
Did they visit the chocolate factory and have a forbidden bite?

MaNuMaNiAc
05-20-2006, 04:43 AM
Finley is the man!!

timvp
05-20-2006, 04:45 AM
Finley has played better in the last three games than I ever imagined he could play as a Spur.

spursmike.
05-20-2006, 04:47 AM
I like ... Mike

kris
05-20-2006, 04:53 AM
Finley isn't riding the Spurs coattails. The Spurs are riding Finley's coattails. He is much more clutch than I thought he was. He is also much more athletic than I imagined him at this stage of his career.

Condemned 2 HelLA
05-20-2006, 04:57 AM
Finley isn't riding the Spurs coattails. The Spurs are riding Finley's coattails. He is much more clutch than I thought he was. He is also much more athletic than I imagined him at this stage of his career.

I'd say it's mutual.
Mike needs the Spurs as much as the Spurs need him.
I'm definately glad he's on our side, but not the premier player he was a few years back. Don't get me wrong: he's still a threat, but he's not going to win a series for you like Tim can, or Gino could, or Tony should.

Dre_7
05-20-2006, 05:00 AM
Finley, bitches!!!!!

What have I been saying all season long? That Finley would come up big sometime in the playoffs!!! :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

kris
05-20-2006, 05:05 AM
I'd say it's mutual.
Mike needs the Spurs as much as the Spurs need him.
I'm definately glad he's on our side, but not the premier player he was a few years back. Don't get me wrong: he's still a threat, but he's not going to win a series for you like Tim can, or Gino could, or Tony should.

Finley doesn't stick it to the Mavs tonight and right now Cuban is trying to bribe his way into to clubs to celebrate.

whottt
05-20-2006, 05:07 AM
Finley isn't riding the Spurs coattails. The Spurs are riding Finley's coattails.

He's definitely not riding coatails...we'd be fishing without him.

He is much more clutch than I thought he was.

No, you were right to think he wasn't clutch...he's never been clutch in the playoffs...he's never played as big down the stretch of a big game as he has in this series and it won't surprise me if Cuban comments on that at some point. I mean he used to have some high scoring games...but he never just shot daggers against anyone in the playoffs like this, he'd just put up numbers...

themvp
05-20-2006, 05:08 AM

Lame.

:rolleyes

Man, I think Finley want championship ring even more than Kevin Willis in 2003.

timvp
05-20-2006, 05:08 AM
No, you were right to think he wasn't clutch...he's never been clutch in the playoffs...he's never played as big down the stretch of a big game as he has in this series and it won't surprise me if Cuban comments on that at some point. I mean he used to have some high scoring games...but he never just shot daggers against anyone in the playoffs like this.

2001 Game 5 versus the Jazz. Finley was amazing that game.

whottt
05-20-2006, 05:26 AM
2001 Game 5 versus the Jazz. Finley was amazing that game.

Even Calvin Booth got over on the ancient Jazz in that IIRC...I'll concede the point, but that's not exactly what I meant.

jochhejaam
05-20-2006, 06:22 AM
I'm impressed by his composure, natural instincts would have caused most people to punch Terry back and then there would have been two suspensions.
Great performance, Finley has Spurs DNA.

whottt
05-20-2006, 06:24 AM
He went after Terry...Bruce and Duncan held him off. He looked pissed off enough to pick up a T at that point...which would have been a back breaker in that game. He was reaaaaaaaal pissed off about it at first.

greyforest
05-20-2006, 06:49 AM
we need an animated gif of the headbutt, NOW!

Parker 09
05-20-2006, 07:08 AM
Fin is damn awsome way to stick it to the mavs, you'd think they would show more respect considering with his help the went from the joke of the league to a 50+win team

Mavtek
05-20-2006, 07:14 AM
"damn why did we let him go"?-cuban

Cause it saved us $50million...........

Stupid questions...........

fraga
05-20-2006, 07:14 AM
Finley is my new hero...he starting to get that ice water back in his veins...

ShoogarBear
05-20-2006, 07:16 AM
Cause it saved us $50million...........

Stupid questions...........Penny-wise, trophy-foolish.

Mavtek
05-20-2006, 07:24 AM
Penny-wise, trophy-foolish.

What?

Stupid is, as stupid does..........

ShoogarBear
05-20-2006, 07:36 AM
What?

Stupid is, as stupid does..........Jason Terry Forum.

Jimcs50
05-20-2006, 07:37 AM
I love Finley, I am so glad he gave up his music career in the 80s and decided to play bball.

:)

Spurs Dynasty
05-20-2006, 08:30 AM

HE HE ! Cuban looks like he had a pole shoved up his arse ! I LOVE the fact that Finley took it to them. Simply to show up Cuban. I respect the Mavs as a team, i wish they had a differnent owner.

SPARKY
05-20-2006, 08:42 AM

http://images2.clinicaltools.com/images/era/checkmark.gif Stupid.

http://images2.clinicaltools.com/images/era/checkmark.gif No Humor.

http://images2.clinicaltools.com/images/era/checkmark.gif Trashy.

Yep, they're Mavs fans (or Okies, but I repeat myself).

smeagol
05-20-2006, 08:50 AM
I love Finley, I am so glad he gave up his music career in the 80s and decided to play bball.

"Caribbean Queen
Now we're sharing the same dream
And our hearts can beat as one
No more love on the run"

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

TwoHandJam
05-20-2006, 08:59 AM
Finley has been money in this series. I agree with Whottt however, I have never seen him be this clutch in a playoff series. Perhaps what he's needed all these years is just to find his role. He can't carry a team all by himself but put him on a team where he doesn't have to shoulder the biggest burden and he shines.

He has done more for us in the postseason than I ever imagined he would.

BigBinBigD
05-20-2006, 09:19 AM
The reason alot of people hate this guy in Dallas is that he never would accept the role he's been forced to accept in SA. Because he got that ridiculously huge contract, he thought he should be the man. As Dirk, Nash, Josh, etc started to gel a little, he continuously refused to be relegated to second-tier. He was a pretty good player on a 20-win team, but could never be the man on a good team. He couldn't live with that, you could see it on the court in almost every game.

As for clutch, he's missed a hundred more big shots than he's made in his career. I never thought he was an all-star, even when he was scoring 20+ points a game. Don't make the mistake of thinking he's the second coming. He'll give you some good spurts here and there, nothing more. He played well last night. Props to him. And congrats to y'all. But game 7 ain't gonna be any cakewalk.

SPARKY
05-20-2006, 09:31 AM
Yeah, and due to that contract, fans had no expectation for him to be the franchise player.

DDS4
05-20-2006, 11:19 AM
The reason alot of people hate this guy in Dallas is that he never would accept the role he's been forced to accept in SA. Because he got that ridiculously huge contract, he thought he should be the man. As Dirk, Nash, Josh, etc started to gel a little, he continuously refused to be relegated to second-tier. He was a pretty good player on a 20-win team, but could never be the man on a good team. He couldn't live with that, you could see it on the court in almost every game.

As for clutch, he's missed a hundred more big shots than he's made in his career. I never thought he was an all-star, even when he was scoring 20+ points a game. Don't make the mistake of thinking he's the second coming. He'll give you some good spurts here and there, nothing more. He played well last night. Props to him. And congrats to y'all. But game 7 ain't gonna be any cakewalk.

So when did Fin publicly say he didn't want to be second fiddle? Or is this a conclusion Dallas Maverick fans came up on their own?

I wanna know because I find that hard to believe.

SPARKY
05-20-2006, 11:20 AM
Mavs fan is making shit up. The pressure was on Finley to be the franchise player with that contract.

kalikot_boy_kr
05-20-2006, 11:30 AM
hahahha! funny mavs fan! all i know is you are a tissue toilet paper!!!~ spurs win game 7!! its history again.......and......finley will dumb your ass shit fuckin nagger!! hahaha!

kalikot_boy_kr
05-20-2006, 11:31 AM
.....THE COMING OF FINLEY.....WATCH OUT! :spin :spin

rayray2k8
05-20-2006, 11:36 AM

You're right, the series isnt over..
But mentally, you guys are fryed, and ya'll had this coming.
For sure this series, will be over on Monday, and im guessing the home crowd, will be happy by the end of the night.
Just a guess. :spin

mgtptdmvp
05-20-2006, 11:46 AM
FINLEY IS FOCUSED...WATCH OUT!!!!
HE IS TIGHT.

He is playing very efficient, he is not forcing any shots and most importantly he feeds Tim the ball very well and EVERYTIME. I think if TP is not hitting we should definetly run more plays for Finley because he is on a mission. If I am correct Steve Nash gave it to the Mavs last year too!!! IM HOPEFUL AND BELIEVE THAT HE SPURS WILL WIN THIS ONE FOR FINLEY.

GO SPURS GO