PDA

View Full Version : Cuban at it again

SpursStillTippin
05-20-2006, 05:48 AM
Funny how a difference 24 hrs makes. Now Mark Cuban says his remarks about San Antonio as a city aren't personal. I think his change of heart has a little something to do with him having to come back to SA, but thats just a guess.

Cuban: "Then there are cities with zero sense of humor. No originality when it comes to heckling and often are just plane rude."

"The worst ? San Antonio," writes Cuban. "There isnt even a close 2nd. The bleacher bums have filtered down to the lower bowl and they are living up to their past.

San Antonio is a City full of culture unlike Dallas. Cuban is trying to soften us up before Monday. I really dont think it makes a difference, he is gonna be called things he can't imagine. Don't lose this anger spurs fans let's give em hell on Monday. Go Spurs Go :flag:

Kori Ellis
05-20-2006, 05:49 AM
I was just reading that blog entry. He just doesn't get it.

http://www.blogmaverick.com/entry/1234000893073700/

aaronstampler
05-20-2006, 06:06 AM
He's an idiot. He talks about rivalries and such, but what he doesn't understand is that it's not his role or his place to put himself in the middle of such things. Rivalries are built on the court, between the players. The owners own, the coaches coach, the players play. That's it.

This egotistical maniac thinks it's his place to rile up our fans and our players, in the name of ratings or national interest or whatever. I'm pretty sure David Stern never asked him to help promote this series.

Whatever. The loser probably cost his team the series because of his comments. Finley absolutely wants to bury him, and Duncan, Pop, and the rest of the other Spurs think he's a huge jackass. We're so motivated to shut him up, it's scary. I'm VERY confident going into Monday.

And also, I was just curious, for all of Cube's rivalry talk, what kind of rivalry is it if one team always wins? Is a hammer and a nail a rivalry?

THE SIXTH MAN
05-20-2006, 06:08 AM
Shouldn't the mavs have to beat us at least once to consider this a rivalry?

whottt
05-20-2006, 06:17 AM
It's definitely a rivalry IMO. We have the upperhand historically, but damn...they've been a real bitch in this series.

J.T.
05-20-2006, 06:20 AM
Does Cuban's blog editor client/program/whatever not allow apostraphes? Seriously, for someone who is supposed to "actually be really smart and know a lot about technology and stuff," I expect a little more from this guy.

Wait, this is the same guy who called the Riverwalk "ugly assed". Nevermind.

whottt
05-20-2006, 06:33 AM
I'm sure AJ just loves Cuban pissing everyone in SA(including the Spurs) off...heading into a game 7.

I love it when guys think talking trash like Phil Jackson is going to make things easier for them. Phil is the only one that knows how to do it(he also has a habit of having like, the greatest players ever when he does it). Whenever George Karl or the other clowns try it they just end up looking stupid.

J.T.
05-20-2006, 06:36 AM
Tim Duncan has logged two awesome quotes in this series, first the glaring quote, and now what he said at the Game 6 postgame.

"I have nothing to say to Mark Cuban."

Ownage. Pure ownage.

greyforest
05-20-2006, 06:37 AM
He's an idiot. He talks about rivalries and such, but what he doesn't understand is that it's not his role or his place to put himself in the middle of such things. Rivalries are built on the court, between the players. The owners own, the coaches coach, the players play. That's it.

This egotistical maniac thinks it's his place to rile up our fans and our players, in the name of ratings or national interest or whatever. I'm pretty sure David Stern never asked him to help promote this series.

Whatever. The loser probably cost his team the series because of his comments. Finley absolutely wants to bury him, and Duncan, Pop, and the rest of the other Spurs think he's a huge jackass. We're so motivated to shut him up, it's scary. I'm VERY confident going into Monday.

And also, I was just curious, for all of Cube's rivalry talk, what kind of rivalry is it if one team always wins? Is a hammer and a nail a rivalry?

this is called hitting the nail dead on with the hammer.

who even owns the spurs for chrissakes?

anyways i read cubans little blog thing and it looks like he is trying to save face. intesely. he makes interesting points, but they are only made out of humility from being trumped yesterday.

TDMVPDPOY
05-20-2006, 06:38 AM
cose he knows his goin to get egged for those remarks

SpursStillTippin
05-20-2006, 06:53 AM
Is a hammer and a nail a rivalry?

:lol That's a very good question, ah who am i kidding thats a funny as hell question!!! lmfao Cuban is just trying to make people think the Mavs are on the same level as the Spurs are as a franchise. Which we all know the mavs couldnt carry the spurs gym bags in the arena. It's the classic case of dropping names to make yourself look bigger or better then you really are. Isn't Cuban a billionaire for being a buisnessman? You'd think he could do better then this.

Parker 09
05-20-2006, 06:55 AM
Well he can heckle the city of san antonio all he likes. Right now they are thinking
"Hmmmm, we have three, you have none...."

picnroll
05-20-2006, 07:22 AM
I have nothing to say to Mark Cuban. Not a thing.

We'll see who's glaring at the end,

Mavtek
05-20-2006, 07:28 AM
Well he can heckle the city of san antonio all he likes. Right now they are thinking
"Hmmmm, we have three, you have none...."

He Heckled the City of San Antonio?

How does one heckle an entire City, did he get in a plane with a giant megaphone and fly over yelling "you suck fuckers" or something?

I believe he called the water in the riverwalk nasty, which it is, and there's no real excuse for it. If you disagree why don't you go take a bath in it, or drink a little bit and put it on video and post it here. That will prove him wrong!

SpursStillTippin
05-20-2006, 07:29 AM
Well now i know its not the spurs players style to talk mess to an opposing team but its right up the spurs fans alley. The AT&T center needs to be rocking on monday, make cuban think twice before he opens his mouth up about san antonio next time. I dont know exactly how many of you all are actually from san antonio but i was born and raised and i dont like anyone talking bad about my city.

ShoogarBear
05-20-2006, 07:29 AM
If Mark Cuban had a choice between wining three titles and nobody knowing who he was vs. never winning a championship and being on the Jumbotron . . . well, it's obvious.

Hope Mav fans feel the same way.

SpursStillTippin
05-20-2006, 07:33 AM

How does one heckle an entire City, did he get in a plane with a giant megaphone and fly over yelling "you suck fuckers" or something?

I believe he called the water in the riverwalk nasty, which it is, and there's no real excuse for it. If you disagree why don't you go take a bath in it, or drink a little bit and put it on video and post it here. That will prove him wrong!

If mavs fans like this idiot honestly think calling The Riverwalk, part of the heart and soul of San Antonio "an ugly ass mud hole" isn't being in the wrong, screw em. If you don't consider that heckling you have a little more homer in you then you thought. You mavs fans guard everything cuban says with your life like he is god. Wake up man he is a cancer for your team

Joaquin
05-20-2006, 07:39 AM
im gonna punch his wife in the stomach

go spurs go

Mavtek
05-20-2006, 07:44 AM

go spurs go

Good idea, add some fuel to the fire, and go to jail while you're at it.

Mavtek
05-20-2006, 07:49 AM
If mavs fans like this idiot honestly think calling The Riverwalk, part of the heart and soul of San Antonio "an ugly ass mud hole" isn't being in the wrong, screw em. If you don't consider that heckling you have a little more homer in you then you thought. You mavs fans guard everything cuban says with your life like he is god. Wake up man he is a cancer for your team

Ok so take a glass down to the heart and soul, I'll bring my video camera, you can take a big swig and I'll post it here for you.

BTW I honestly don't give a shit what Cuban says I just find it funny that you get pissed at what he says. For instance if one of your fellow Spurs fans on this forum said "dude the water in the riverwalk is freaking nasty, they need to clean that shit up" you'd probably say yea, you're right that shit is nasty. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't accuse him of heckling your heart and soul.

How sad it is that you confirm everything Cuban said in his blog, I don't even think you realize you did it.

erica_who?
05-20-2006, 07:50 AM
Tim Duncan has logged two awesome quotes in this series, first the glaring quote, and now what he said at the Game 6 postgame.

Ownage. Pure ownage.

Yeah, that was awesome. This series has made me love Tim even more. I didn't think that was possible.

gingko
05-20-2006, 07:51 AM
If Mark Cuban had a choice between wining three titles and nobody knowing who he was vs. never winning a championship and being on the Jumbotron . . . well, it's obvious.

Hope Mav fans feel the same way.

You are right, it is obvious, he would pick the titles.

Russ
05-20-2006, 07:54 AM
Anybody who doesn't like Cuban would have never liked the ABA. Cuban's remarks are just showmanship and promotion. Like when Larry Brown said "The only thing I like about San Antonio is the guacamole."

Let's all just take deep breath and then kick the Mavs back to their ugly-ass grassy-knoll of a town.

Joaquin
05-20-2006, 07:54 AM
Yeah, that was awesome. This series has made me love Tim even more. I didn't think that was possible.

what was the glaring one?

SpursStillTippin
05-20-2006, 08:00 AM
Ok so take a glass down to the heart and soul, I'll bring my video camera, you can take a big swig and I'll post it here for you.

BTW I honestly don't give a shit what Cuban says I just find it funny that you get pissed at what he says. For instance if one of your fellow Spurs fans on this forum said "dude the water in the riverwalk is freaking nasty, they need to clean that shit up" you'd probably say yea, you're right that shit is nasty. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't accuse him of heckling your heart and soul.

How sad it is that you confirm everything Cuban said in his blog, I don't even think you realize you did it.

Just like the dumbass mav fan you are, you also dont know that they clean The Riverwalk annually. And if it would shut you the fuck up i would drink all the water in that river then take a huge piss on a mavs jersey. I'll be glad when you mavs fans leave this forum after monday. Enjoy your offseason or dont who really cares other then you? :fro

SPARKY
05-20-2006, 08:04 AM
Sideshow's at it again.

Who cares? One more win, baby.

Extra Stout
05-20-2006, 08:07 AM
Just like the dumbass mav fan you are, you also dont know that they clean The Riverwalk annually.
What a coincidence. That's also how often Mav fan changes his underwear.

erica_who?
05-20-2006, 08:10 AM
what was the glaring one?

"We'll see who's glaring at the end." Here is the thread: http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40862&highlight=glaring

SPARKY
05-20-2006, 08:11 AM
Cuban wouldn't have lasted 10 minutes in Hemisfair Arena.

~Sweetmelody~
05-20-2006, 08:12 AM

Ownage. Pure ownage.

The way Tim said "I have nothing to say to Mark Cuban" got me all excited! A man of few words.... :makeout

Buddy Holly
05-20-2006, 08:19 AM
I believe he called the water in the riverwalk nasty, which it is, and there's no real excuse for it.

Of course there's no excuse, it's fucking river water. When was the last time a river looked like the water found on the beaches of fiji?

And like it was sated earlier, the entire Riverwealk is drained and cleaned up once a year.

And you think that's all he said or meant to say and wasn't insulting the city, well, you're either deaf and blind or just plain fucking stupid.

SpursStillTippin
05-20-2006, 08:21 AM

:lol aint that the truth.

From the outcome of Game 6 i'm kind of hoping cuban does a little more san antonio bashing. lol feed a little more fuel to that fire it worked out great for us the last time. Whats next cuban? The Alamo? or maybe the Missions hey what about the Tower of Americas? lmfao :smokin

SPARKY
05-20-2006, 08:21 AM
I think it's funny when Cuban tries to act hard. It's like the weak guy who tries to talk shit and comes up with something stupid or something that's over the top.

It's also sad that he cannot carry himself like every other owner in the league. He likes to play that off as his style, the style that's made him a business success, but you can be a success with class. He's not the only owner who made his on his own.

Grow up.

ShoogarBear
05-20-2006, 08:22 AM
Knowing how classy Cuban is, his next target will probably be the Carver Academy.

SpursStillTippin
05-20-2006, 08:58 AM
It's just an aging man going through mid life crisis trying to be apart of something bigger then he is

Hook Dem
05-20-2006, 09:18 AM
It's just an aging man going through mid life crisis trying to be apart of something bigger then he is
At least Jerry Jones backed off a little bit and probably realized he was acting like a fool. Cuban will never realize that. He fashions himself as Donald Trump's little brother. Rave on Cuban!!!!

reydawg
05-20-2006, 09:18 AM
Shouldn't the mavs have to beat us at least once to consider this a rivalry?

The greatest rivalry in pro sports was even more one sided. That is until the team consistently on the short end toppled its nemesis in Game 7 of one of the best playoff series of all time in October, 2004.

reydawg
05-20-2006, 09:24 AM
And BTW, Pop absolutely nailed when asked about Cuban's vision of the rivalry...

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/basketball/nba/dallas_mavericks/14627964.htm

This Western Conference semifinal series, which will go to a Game 7 after the Spurs' 91-86 victory Friday night at American Airlines Center, has added fuel to an already smoldering fire between the teams.

"We need intense, blood-thirsty, Red Sox-Yankees rivalries in this league," Mavs owner Mark Cuban said. "This is as much a final series as a Finals series, and that's where rivalries are made.

"This is a series that will get talked about just like the Lakers-Celtics series from the '80s."

Not so fast, says Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, who also says anger and hatred aren't necessary for a great matchup.

"There might be some individuals that think that [hatred is necessary], but I don't think this is Chicago-Detroit of old or anything like that," Popovich said. "Neither one of us are ready to reach that level."

Spurs Dynasty
05-20-2006, 09:27 AM
Cuban has shown his lack of class over and over and over. The riverwalk comment was not a simple comment on the quality of water on our LOVELY riverwalk. IT was a dis of the entire city of SA.

There is no defense for what he has said and done over the last years. I am just glad that a national audience is seeing and recognizing what we already know. THis is a totally classless, arrogant, self serving twofaced pig who had no right breathing good air.

2centsworth
05-20-2006, 09:32 AM
Funny how Dallas has elevated themselves as San Antonio's Rival.

picnroll
05-20-2006, 09:33 AM
Mark Cuban to the NBA = Don King to boxing.

SPARKY
05-20-2006, 09:40 AM

Hard to believe that guy is a NBA team owner.

Oh, and Red's right. Speaking of whom, Cuban makes Red seem like Lamar Hunt or Wellington Mara.

picnroll
05-20-2006, 09:43 AM
Cuban closed the door on comments on that one pretty quick.

SequSpur
05-20-2006, 09:46 AM
I expect our players to get booed when they go on the road. That's man law in sports.

I expect Spurs fans to boo and harass the opposition when they come here.

The riverwalk water itself is kind've nasty. I might have to agree with that.

Dallas is not our rival. They are just another beyitch that is going to get slapped on our way to another title.

A team like the Kings or the Suns may be a little closer to their level.

Hillcrest
05-20-2006, 09:47 AM
Cuban's a douche-bag.

2centsworth

it's not, take a clear glass and fill it up with riverwalk water. It's pretty clear.

Spurs Dynasty
I expect our players to get booed when they go on the road. That's man law in sports.

I expect Spurs fans to boo and harass the opposition when they come here.

Dallas is not our rival. They are just another beyitch that is going to get slapped on our way to another title.

A team like the Kings or the Suns may be a little closer to their level.

Yep, Man-law: "If you poke it you own it" :lol

conneaut615
05-20-2006, 09:50 AM
Does Cuban's blog editor client/program/whatever not allow apostraphes? Seriously, for someone who is supposed to "actually be really smart and know a lot about technology and stuff," I expect a little more from this guy.

Wait, this is the same guy who called the Riverwalk "ugly assed". Nevermind.

. . .And he has obviously never heard of Spell Check. Good grief.

Deb
05-20-2006, 10:05 AM
it's not, take a clear glass and fill it up with riverwalk water. It's pretty clear.
Actually, it is very clean. It comes from a spring that forms the headwater of the river just a couple of miles upstream. I remember hearing that if you dipped a glass of it, it would be amazingly clear. There is a reason for it being the color it is (Plantlife or something?) but it is not because it is unclean. So, Mav idiots- open mouth, insert foot and do your research first.

CubanMustGo
05-20-2006, 10:09 AM
Cueball calls it a "rivalry" and then locks his blog so that nobody else can present an opposing POV. What a pussy ... so typical of him.

OK, Dallas folks, here's what you don't understand about SA and why ripping the river is significant. Time for a little history 101.

The first thing to understand is that what we know today as the San Antonio River starts just north of downtown from springs which come out of the Edwards Acquifer. The steady source of good, clean water is what lures the Spanish to establish a set of missions in the area in the 1700s. Without that source of water, the city of San Antonio would not only have struggled - it might not have even ever been founded. With the river's constant flow, San Antonio is established in 1718.

It's the 1920s. The San Antonio River is an uncontrolled stream working its way through downtown. Periodic river floods kill scores of people and wreak havoc on downtown. A plan is published to divert most of the river away from downtown and pave over the rest of it. A group of women form the San Antonio Conservation Society and convince the city that the river is an asset to be managed and shown off rather than to be buried in concrete. The Great Depression prevents significant work until ten years later, when downtown voters establish a special taxing district to fund development of what we now know as the Riverbend. By the mid-40s, what would have been major flooding events bypass downtown due to the design of the flood control gates on the river and the Olmos Dam located just north of downtown. Businesses such as Casa Rio start to open locations on the river - the Paseo del Rio - now that it has been proven to be safe. Casa Rio's success draws other businesses over time.

Warp a couple of decades later. For whatever reasons, there's not much going on in San Antonio from a business perspective, but tourism and conventions are increasingly a large part of San Antonio's economy. Hemisfair '68, the World's Fair, introduces people from around the world to San Antonio and its Riverwalk, recently extended to the Hemisfair site. These people, like most San Antonians, fall in love with the concept and the cluster of retail and dining establishments along the river. It becomes inextricably a part of San Antonio's character. Along with the Alamo, the Riverwalk is something in which nearly all San Antonians take great pride. It's also year in and year out the one of the top visitor destinations in the state of Texas according to Texas Highways.

San Antonio, even with a population well over a million, still has a "small town" sort of feel. Some from larger metro areas will say it's parochial, but San Antonians take great pride in their city. The Spurs are one example, but the Riverwalk and the Alamo are two things you just don't insult. Insulting the San Antonio River is considered as low-class as it would be if Peter Holt came out and made some snide remark about Cuban's pregnant wife. People here still haven't forgiven Ozzy Osborne for taking a leak off the top of the Alamo 20+ years ago, and essentially Mark Cuban has done the same thing and in a much more public manner. Insult the river, and you insult all San Antonians.

Cuban hasn't ever lived here, big tycoon that he is. Most Dallas fans haven't, either. The river is much more a part of San Antonio culture than ANYTHING in the metroplex. There is nothing up here (I've lived up here the last six years) that even comes close.

Yes, some will say "you have nothing else to take pride in down there." And if you do, you have just magnified why Cuban's mockery pisses people off so much.

CAGE
05-20-2006, 10:11 AM

http://www.boomspeed.com/woaimouse/Mouse-Rules-again.jpg

:owned

kalikot_boy_kr
05-20-2006, 10:12 AM
i think its better to put mr cuban in the river walk of africa!!!! :elephant

reydawg
05-20-2006, 10:14 AM
i think its better to put mr cuban in the river walk of africa!!!! :elephant

I have no idea what this means.

EVAY
05-20-2006, 10:26 AM
This is but one more proof, if another was needed, that money can't buy class.

SequSpur
05-20-2006, 10:27 AM
IMO, the best thing for Spurs fans to do is run his ass out of the building on Monday.

Extra Stout
05-20-2006, 10:30 AM
Dallas thinks that the Riverwalk is so terrible, that they're spending millions upon millions to copy it on that drainage ditch they call the Trinity.

Buddy Holly
05-20-2006, 10:34 AM
Funny how Dallas has elevated themselves as San Antonio's Rival.

Well, when you can't get their the legit way you have to find one way or another to.

I.E. Self proclaim it one. :lol

The Spurs and Lakers was a RIVALRY. The Spurs and Mavs is nothing more than the older brother kicking the little brothers ass game after game and every once and a while the older bro gets bored and lets a game slip but in the end the bigger brother always wins.

Buddy Holly
05-20-2006, 10:36 AM
Dallas thinks that the Riverwalk is so terrible, that they're spending millions upon millions to copy it on that drainage ditch they call the Trinity.

http://www.owned.com/Owned_Pictures/cannonnukeowned.jpg

Buddy Holly
05-20-2006, 10:36 AM
I wonder when TNT puts out the Mavs gone fishin' pic, will they be fishing in the Riverwalk?

samikeyp
05-20-2006, 10:40 AM

I'll take that. You bring the glass, I'll drink it. Seriously, PM me the details.

samikeyp
05-20-2006, 10:41 AM
AJ as Looter?

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

SPARKY
05-20-2006, 10:42 AM
Man, who cares? Nobody dislikes the Riverwalk, especially Okies (er, Dallasites). Cuban's so pissed right now that his team is on the cusp of choking away this series that he's flaling away blindly at anything. I saw the video of his tirade and I must admit it's one of the funnier videos of celebs when they go stupid. Up until now, most saw Cuban as the young, risk taking entrepreneur who had revitatlized a moribund franchise. Well, you can only go so far with that. Once celebs no longer are able to find that rush, look out! The fun's just started. The distance from there to running joke is quite small.

SpursWoman
05-20-2006, 10:46 AM

Well, the thing is city smack is juvenile, stupid....and typically reserved for fans, etc. that either don't know shit about the game or have anything relevant to say. I'm just waiting for the "My daddy can kick your daddy's ass" retort.

The San Antonio Riverwalk has absolutely nothing to do with this series, and taking pot-shots at it just shows what a juvenile little ass-munch he is.

GO SPurs Go
05-20-2006, 10:46 AM
If you read the article it says that "fans are cursing at me when I stand up". WTF do fucking expec when you're fucking blocking their veiw???????????????????!!!!!!!!!!! And after the comments you made about the RiverWalk I would not even set foot in SA again. You talk about Spurs fans as if they were shit but first look in the mirror!

SPARKY
05-20-2006, 10:56 AM
A funny sidenote is that Cuban had to summon something Red McCombs was (allegedly) quoted as saying by the Express-News as if to justify his River tirade. He's not the owner, Marky Mark.

Man, Holt Cat looks better every day.

foodie2
05-20-2006, 10:59 AM
While it is likely the San Antonio River will never again resemble the crystal torrent that early explorers found, significant water quality improvements have been documented recently. In June of 2002 scientists from the San Antonio River Authority discovered a log perch, a darter that is highly sensitive to pollution, in the San Antonio River below Loop 410. In this area the River is almost completely water that started as raw sewage and was cleaned up at SAWS' Salado Creek Water Recycling Center. Up until the late 1980s poor treatment plant operations, poor stormwater quality, and influxes of dumped toxic materials resulted in a "dead zone" here that extended for many miles downstream. Officials said that finding a sensitive fish species such as the log perch indicates SAWS' treatment plant operations have been vastly improved and stabilized, the City's stormwater control program has been effective, and residents have done their part by ending their dumping of anti-freeze, oil, and household chemicals that kill fish. In recent years, in addition to the log perch, biologists have found other sensitive species such as stonerollers and long-eared sunfish. The River is now rated relatively highly on a scientific index that measures biotic integrity, and biologists expect the sensitive species to continue migrating toward the downtown area.
San Antonio River (http://www.edwardsaquifer.net/sariver.html)

Beer is Good
05-20-2006, 11:00 AM
Here's the Cuban story:

He's a whiny little geek who learned about computers and was fortunate to be in a position to take advantage of the biggest boom in any industry since the industrial revolution. In the dot com boom EVERYONE was making money. I give him credit for having the sense to not go overboard and sell before the bubble burst. But what in the HELL does this have to do with basketball? This guy knows as much about basketball as my little 5 year old neice. He is nothing but a shameless promoter who will do everything it takes to create controversy. PT Barnum on hardcourt. If you think about it, without Cuban's insanse rants and AJ's off the wall bullshit the Mavs would basically be a small ball team with a giant German shooting jumpers. Cuban feels like he has to be THE story, and that ultimately harms his teams. Like I said, this guy knows nothing about basketball - he knows how to promote himself and his endeavors. While that's not bad in itself, it won't help you win Championships, and that is all we in SA care about is the Championships. TEAM.

my2sons
05-20-2006, 11:43 AM
rev up the "mud queen" chants for ms cuban's return...

CPIM
05-20-2006, 11:50 AM
San Antonio is a City full of culture unlike Dallas. :flag:

This is a joke, the best joke of America history. What is the culture of SA? River Walk? Alamo? Shame on those stores in front of Alamo. What do they do to honor Alamo beside making money? Why all SA school districts are using Dallas Robinhood money to help this culture rich city? You don't understand what is culture. So, stay in River walk and get drunk.

Duncan is a referee made super star and please reference 2004 Dream Team. FIBA Sucks = Tim Duncan.

angel_luv
05-20-2006, 11:55 AM

RE:

1) It is I'm.

2) I got the concept of a rivalry the first three times you defined it. Move along.

3) I am too bored to read any more.

:lol

SPARKY
05-20-2006, 11:56 AM
This is a joke, the best joke of America history. What is the culture of SA? River Walk? Alamo? Shame on those stores in front of Alamo. What do they do to honor Alamo beside making money? Why all SA school districts are using Dallas Robinhood money to help this culture rich city? You don't understand what is culture. So, stay in River walk and get drunk.

Someone hasn't been to SA. Yeah, the River and Alamo is all. Everyone wants to live downtown. Hill Country? What's that?

Duncan is a referee made super star and please reference 2004 Dream Team. FIBA Sucks = Tim Duncan.

NBA rules make all superstars. Oberto could guard Duncan in that scrum dictated by FIBA rules. In the NBA he barely sees the court.

Buddy Holly
05-20-2006, 11:57 AM

If this isn't Mouse, I don't know what is.

kalikot_boy_kr
05-20-2006, 11:59 AM
I Hope Mav Fans Is Wishing Game 8...hahahahahhahahaha!

CPIM
05-20-2006, 12:00 PM
You have no gut to answer the question. You are Duncan fan.

CPIM
I Hope Mav Fans Is Wishing Game 8...hahahahahhahahaha!

Buddy Holly

Yes Mouse, we get it.

How many useless screen names can you create before you finally blow your brains out ending one very useless and unfullfilled life.

clubalien
05-20-2006, 12:05 PM
this is called hitting the nail dead on with the hammer.

who even owns the spurs for chrissakes?

anyways i read cubans little blog thing and it looks like he is trying to save face. intesely. he makes interesting points, but they are only made out of humility from being trumped yesterday.
spurs are owned by a multiple ownership group
used to be owned by sa rich dude named red.
david forced ownership to sell him a part of spurs through the media
the most prodomant owner through the media is some drunk named Holt that sells CATs

I think it would be cool if there was an IPO of sorts so that the members of the city and sourounding cities schertz coudl buy just a fraction of the spurs

then the team coudl be truly owned byt hte city and fans

imagine if 10% was owned by fans and you coudl own 100000000000000th of the spurs wahoo

SpursWoman
05-20-2006, 12:06 PM
Anybody who doesn't like Cuban would have never liked the ABA. Cuban's remarks are just showmanship and promotion. Like when Larry Brown said "The only thing I like about San Antonio is the guacamole."

Let's all just take deep breath and then kick the Mavs back to their ugly-ass grassy-knoll of a town.

So we should get buckets of nasty river water and throw it on him at the game?

:angel

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
05-20-2006, 12:07 PM

He should use it to brush his teeth. They'll probably whiten up a bit...

SpursStillTippin
05-20-2006, 12:08 PM

Oh god, notice how this guy tries to complain that Dallas has culture then doesnt mention any. San Antonio has an identity Dallas doesn't. If you think having culture is a joke ok thats your loss.

CubanMustGo
05-20-2006, 12:34 PM
Dallas has culture, San Antonio has culture. They are two different types.

The culture in Dallas is "money culture" or "haute culture." If money is involved, Dallas has it. Significant arts programs, a very fine symphony orchestra, musuems, and the like. Haute culture comes from the numerous donors who provide the necessary financial support to underwrite the fine programs that exist in Dallas.

The culture in San Antonio is "historical culture" or "culturas." It comes from the city's significant historical background and the contributions of the cultures of Spain, Germany, and Mexico. While there are some arts institutions (such as the McNay) they pale in comparison to Dallas', because Dallas has money from oil and technology that San Antonio never will. Culturas comes from the common man, the blue collar workers that make San Antonio the town it is.

San Antonio has very little haute culture, and Dallas has basically no culturas. The mistake residents of both cities make is assuming that one is superior to the other.

CosmicCowboy
05-20-2006, 12:35 PM

And then the next game the baseline bums dumped about a gallon of guacamole on his head as he was going down the tunnel in the Hemisfair Arena...:lol

Puro San Antonio!

clubalien
05-20-2006, 12:37 PM
I don't think you can really make fun of the riverwalk and san antonio. Because we don;t trule think to serious of ourtsevles. We have a freaking mudd king.

Brutalis
05-20-2006, 12:37 PM
if you let someone get into your head, you already lost.

SA Gunslinger
05-20-2006, 12:59 PM
Did anyone see Eva about to shake his hand but Azz Cuban pulled his hand away like a freakin' fifth grader? Cuban is an a-hole.

clubalien
05-20-2006, 01:00 PM
that kid of proves he is gay right?
I mean who wouldn't want to kiss or touch eva?

CubanMustGo
05-20-2006, 02:24 PM
Here's the latest from Cuban:

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/basketball/14627963.htm

Finley's 'act' turns off Cuban
By DWAIN PRICE
Star-Telegram Staff Writer

DALLAS - Contrary to popular opinion, Mavericks owner Mark Cuban and former Mavs All-Star player Michael Finley are not at odds with each other. Ask Finley if he shares this sentiment.

Yes, Cuban offered Finley's family the opportunity to sit in his American Airlines Center suite to watch the three Western Conference semifinal games between the Mavs and the San Antonio Spurs. However, Finley refused to take Cuban up on his offer. :tu

Finley is still hurt over the events of last summer when Cuban used the NBA's new amnesty rule to waive the Mavs' former go-to guy. But he was all smiles Friday after the Spurs evened the best-of-seven series against the Mavs at 3-3 with a 91-86 victory.

Game 7 is Monday night in San Antonio with Cuban again trying to get the best of Finley.

"I like Mike," Cuban said. "I offered him the use of my suite to put his family in there with my family.

"I have a lot of respect for Michael Finley. I just don't have respect for his acting ability."

It's Finley's "acting ability" that has Cuban and Mavs fans riled. Cuban believes the "punch" Mavs guard Jason Terry hit Finley with didn't warrant a one-game suspension from the NBA.

The controversy, which forced Terry to sit out Game 6 on Friday, put Finley in the middle of a firestorm. During Friday's pregame introduction, Finley was booed louder than any Spur, but that didn't affect his performance.

Finley finished with 16 points, six rebounds and two steals in 45 minutes. He was 6-of-10 from the field.

"I'm thrilled for Michael," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "He's such a class act, no matter what the circumstances or what's going on in the game.

"He's been one of our leaders. He comes in a tough situation for him and in a place where he was a leader for so long, without malice. He comes in and competes with class. I couldn't be more proud of him."

Cuban said Finley faked the impact of the "punch" from Terry.

"Every action film's got a villain, and Mike plays one on TV," Cuban said. "When he was here, there were many times when he'd bait a guy into doing something so he can try to get a technical. did you bitch about it then? hell no. Fucking hypocrite, and just because he pulled that crap then doesn't mean he does it in SA.

"When it's your team, it's a crafty veteran move, and when it's the other team, it's a plot. It's not personal."

Asked if there was any bad blood between him and Finley, Cuban said: "Not on my end at all. Do I still want everybody in the arena to boo him? Yeah.

"And when they see him walking down the street I hope they shake his hand."

You fucked up, Mark, and every time you open your mouth it just gets worse.

Beer is Good
05-20-2006, 02:30 PM
Cuban is a first class asshole. No iffs, ands, or buts about it. Pure Trash.

Tek_XX
05-20-2006, 02:41 PM

OMG this is going to give people some bad ideas.

Leave buckets of muddy river water whereever he goes. In his hotel room, on his seat, throw a gallon of it on his head.

picnroll
05-20-2006, 02:44 PM
You want to really piss Mark Cuban off? Ignore him.

Duncan gets it. "I have nothing to say to Mark Cuban"

exstatic
05-20-2006, 02:45 PM
Cuban is a carnival barker. Unfortuantely, the barker doesn't normally OWN the carnival, and can be kept in check if he goes too far.

Organizations reflect from the top. When you have a clown there, it is impossible to wind up with anything but a circus.

reydawg
05-20-2006, 02:51 PM

That's hardly what the Trinity project is about. In fact, the Riverwalk is the antithesis of what Trinity's all about.

If anything, what they want to do up there is much more similar to what Austin did with the Colorado.

the Trinity Project has amazing potential (http://www.trinityrivercorridor.org/)

MissAllThat
05-20-2006, 02:52 PM

Actually, he didn't mention the water. He said "muddy, ugly ass THING they call a riverwalk." Thats not just an insult on the water. That's an insult on the whole thing, the entire row of buildings, concrete, restaurants, etc. that make up the Riverwalk. The riverwalk includes all of that stuff, not just the water. If he wanted to insult the water, he should have mentioned the words "water" or "river." I'm not even from San Antonio, and I can see why this comment is upsetting to people in the city. It's not like its hard to understand. This isnt brain surgery.

SPARKY
05-20-2006, 02:58 PM
Just when you thought he could stop embarrassing himself.

tetasfromtejas
05-20-2006, 03:01 PM
yeah sure um ok what ever you say mark :baby

come on down to SA and have a MUDDY WATER MUDSLIDE compliments of San Antonio, ya know the birthplace of Texas :hat

another bragging right dallas will never have

FromWayDowntown
05-20-2006, 03:06 PM

That's exactly right. If you react to Cuban you give him the satisfaction of thinking (a) he has taken heat off of his team; and (b) that you give a crap about what he says. There is a celebrity fetish in Cuban's makeup -- he likes the attention he gets for saying brash or even stupid things. The more he says them and the more people react to him, the more he's inclined to continue.

I got pissed off at something Cuban said a few years ago and spent the better part of an afternoon exchanging e-mails with him. In the end, it was clear that nothing I said -- no matter how rational or logical -- was going to change his mind. That was true, I think, because he didn't really hold the opinion he offered; he just said it and relished the fact that I (and I'm sure others) took the time to write to him and tell him that I had heard what he said.

It's rather clear that Mark Cuban is still learning basketball. There's no doubt that his money and his drive have significantly improved the Dallas Mavericks' franchise and that they'll remain a vital organization for most of the time that he's at the helm. I think it's also clear that someone has finally convinced Cuban that he has little to no clue about how to construct a team that can win -- when he finally let the basketball people start pulling the strings, that team got drastically better over night. They might even be good enough to win this series and enhance the rivalry that exists. Whether they do or they don't, Cuban will continue saying asinine things because it gets people to talk about him or to him.

Timmy had it exactly right last night. I wonder how Cuban would react on Monday if nobody said a word to him

:smchode:

CPIM
05-20-2006, 03:23 PM
Oh god, notice how this guy tries to complain that Dallas has culture then doesnt mention any. San Antonio has an identity Dallas doesn't. If you think having culture is a joke ok thats your loss.

Why all SA school districts are using Dallas Robinhood money to help this culture rich city? You don't understand what is culture. So, stay in River walk and get drunk.

Answer my question, if you are man enough to protect your culture. Don't learn from that referee made Duncan. ANSWER my question...

SA is using Dallas money to educate SA kids. Dallas has no problem and why SA is taxing more money to build AT&T, not for kids. Yeah, this is SA culture.

Shank
05-20-2006, 03:24 PM
Defend your tourist attractions! Six Flags, bitches! Six Flags!

CPIM
05-20-2006, 03:28 PM

Because SA kids are using Cuban's money for education. SA money is in AT&T for self claimed culture rich fans.

picnroll
05-20-2006, 03:29 PM
Even if Cuban surrounds himself with good basketball people and lets them make the decisions he has one very serious flaw. He has a complete lack of class and will engender no loyalty from his players because he has no layalty to anyone ultimately but Mark. He will always have to pay a premium to keep quality talent, he won't get the Bowens that sacrifice for the team, the Finleys or Barrys that want to come to the team for a chance at a title plus the chance to play for a class organization.

You here more and more teams talking about wanting to follow the SA and Detroit model of class organizations. About how LeBron is impressed with the class of Cleveleand and is inclined to resign there. Cuban won't get that. Players see how he treats Finley, they see how he treated Nash and NVe. Cuban will always be susceptible to leakage of talent because players will want to get away from his act. He'll have to rely on the low class nut punchers to get it done.

SpursChampsIII
05-20-2006, 03:31 PM

Somebody is sucking on Cuban's knob.

CPIM
05-20-2006, 03:34 PM
How Duncan treated Park? SA is a history rich city and just like to ignore history.

Remember Alomee?

No, I just remeber Spurs send many kids to show "SA Kids need Kidd" 3 year ago.

This is first class team in NBA. yeah, nobody want to mention this history.

Classless.

Spurs Dynasty
05-20-2006, 03:35 PM
Somebody is sucking on Cuban's knob.

My Brit half calls them "knob gobblers".

tetasfromtejas
05-20-2006, 03:35 PM
isn't it a bit early to be having so many beers?? pointless dribble

MissAllThat
05-20-2006, 03:36 PM
To borrow from Kobe: "maybe he wasn't hugged enough as a child."

Viva Las Espuelas
05-20-2006, 03:36 PM
ah yes. hemisfair. i remember those days.

CPIM
05-20-2006, 03:40 PM
SA kids use Cuban's money for education is priceless. SA put money for AT&T, does not care about SA kids.

NBA cares? not in SA.

Wake up Spurs? This is not about basktball. It is about respect.

ObiwanGinobili
05-20-2006, 03:41 PM

how come I can NEVER open that website? Does he block the IP addresses of individual Spurs fans? Surely not. But I have NEVER been able to get to blogmaverick.. it;s always "this page cannot be displayed"

WTF?

leemajors
05-20-2006, 03:43 PM

i'm pretty sure that's not mouse.

Horry For 3!
05-20-2006, 03:44 PM

Ownage. Pure ownage.
Some reporter asked him, "Do you have a certain resturant to suggest to Mark Cuban on the riverwalk?"

:lmao

leemajors
05-20-2006, 03:51 PM
SA kids use Cuban's money for education is priceless. SA put money for AT&T, does not care about SA kids.

NBA cares? not in SA.

Wake up Spurs? This is not about basktball. It is about respect.

what does a state mandated money sharing program to try and even the disparity between money generated in school districts have to do with the cultural and historical signifigance of a city? fort worth, goliad, la bahia, and gonzales have more historical and cultural signifigance than dallas does. i don't get your point. that money isn't cuban's that is being "robin hooded", it's the taxpayers of areas like richardson and plano's money.

CPIM
05-20-2006, 04:02 PM
what does a state mandated money sharing program to try and even the disparity between money generated in school districts have to do with the cultural and historical signifigance of a city? fort worth, goliad, la bahia, and gonzales have more historical and cultural signifigance than dallas does. i don't get your point. that money isn't cuban's that is being "robin hooded", it's the taxpayers of areas like richardson and plano's money.

This is nothing to do with NBA. No, nothing! This is about a classless Spurs fan mentioned that Dallas is cultureless. Culture is respect. That classless Spurs fan thought River Walk is SA culture. Funny.

NBA cares, is trying to educate kids "respect".

What do Spurs care about kids? Show kids to flop? Show kids to cry if life does not go his way? Show kids to break somebody's back. That's all right as long as you have the river walk.

I have no point at all. This is fun.

However, quote me if you like, I worry about SA kids.

I lived SA for two years. I do care SA kids. That's it.

jman3000
05-20-2006, 04:09 PM
This is nothing to do with NBA. No, nothing! This is about a classless Spurs fan mentioned that Dallas is cultureless. Culture is respect. That classless Spurs fan thought River Walk is SA culture. Funny.

What do Spurs care about kids? Show kids to flop? Show kids to cry if life does not go his way? Show kids to break somebody's back. That's all right as long as you have the river walk.

i agree with you... post of the year

leemajors
05-20-2006, 04:13 PM

the spurs do just as much or more than any other nba teams for kids. bruce bowen does clinics on eating well and fitness. david robinson built a childrens hospital, largely with his own money. how do the spurs not care about the kids in san antonio?

CPIM
05-20-2006, 04:17 PM
i agree with you... post of the year

Thanks jman. SA City has to return AT&T tax for kids' education. Right? Oh well, that's not what Spurs want. Any idea?

Go back to River Walk jamn. Your Spurs kids will grow up, then, move to Dallas, find a job in Dallas.

ObiwanGinobili
05-20-2006, 04:18 PM
David Ropbinson also has the Carver Acadamy. 8 mill of his own money?
and Bruce Bowen has the Bruce & Buddy healthy eating and excersise campaign with HEB.

ALVAREZ6
05-20-2006, 04:19 PM
:lmao

Mark Cuban has the mental capacity of an insect.

I can't imagine a single person being friends with Mark Cuban, at least a real friend. Other than people trying to mooch off his money and tickets, I bet no one has really wanted to be friends with that piece of shit.

MannyIsGod
05-20-2006, 04:19 PM

Dunc
05-20-2006, 04:20 PM
how come I can NEVER open that website? Does he block the IP addresses of individual Spurs fans? Surely not. But I have NEVER been able to get to blogmaverick.. it;s always "this page cannot be displayed"

WTF?

That's weird. I just clicked the link from your msg and the site loaded up right away.

ALVAREZ6
05-20-2006, 04:22 PM

It's so true

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
05-20-2006, 04:22 PM
I believe Cuban is acting like a moron, but he is making a smart move. He wants the crowd to focus on him and forget to put pressure on the Mavs and refs.

It's up to you Spurs fans, to ignore this spoiled brat, and concentrate on cheering for the Spurs.

CPIM
05-20-2006, 04:25 PM
the spurs do just as much or more than any other nba teams for kids. bruce bowen does clinics on eating well and fitness. david robinson built a childrens hospital, largely with his own money. how do the spurs not care about the kids in san antonio?

Yeah, I see this on newspaper all the time. Spurs are doing very well to promote this. Spurs are very good at PR. No doubt.

Point is, SA city increases tax for Spurs, not for Kids. SA is using Dallas money for kids. Don't argue with me by those PR sheeeeet. If SA cares, if Spurs cares, why 50 has to be this way.

I have no doubt about 50. Bruce? You want your kids grow up like him? give me a break.

CPIM
05-20-2006, 04:28 PM
That's weird. I just clicked the link from your msg and the site loaded up right away.
Well, like I said, this is education poblem. Sorry, this is not culture problem. :fro

Dunc
05-20-2006, 04:30 PM
Well, like I said, this is education poblem. Sorry, this is not culture problem. :fro

What the fuck are you talking about? It's an education problem that Obi can't get Cuban's stupid site to load up?

veronicamae
05-20-2006, 04:32 PM
Does it really matter if the Riverwalk is "muddy" or not? It's not meant for swimming and drinking ANYWAY. It's a natural river, would he like it to be crystal clear?

He's such an idiot.

redskinfan
05-20-2006, 04:34 PM
Yeah, I see this on newspaper all the time. Spurs are doing very well to promote this. Spurs are very good at PR. No doubt.

Point is, SA city increases tax for Spurs, not for Kids. SA is using Dallas money for kids. Don't argue with me by those PR sheeeeet. If SA cares, if Spurs cares, why 50 has to be this way.

I have no doubt about 50. Bruce? You want your kids grow up like him? give me a break.

I dont understand.I am thinking that you think that SA doesnt have any robin hood money taken from local districts is that right einstein?

CubanMustGo
05-20-2006, 04:35 PM

You know, with the fractured grammar and pitiful spelling you display, you're the last one who should be talking about any "education poblem" [sic].

*plonk* onto the ignore list you go as you have had ZERO to say and are obviously a :troll.

Dunc
05-20-2006, 04:36 PM
You know, with the fractured grammar and pitiful spelling you display, you're the last one who should be talking about any "education poblem" [sic].

*plonk* onto the ignore list you go as you have had ZERO to say and are obviously a :troll.

Agreed. He seems to be trying to hijack the thread anyway.

CosmicCowboy
05-20-2006, 04:37 PM
Does it really matter if the Riverwalk is "muddy" or not? It's not meant for swimming and drinking ANYWAY. It's a natural river, would he like it to be crystal clear?

He's such an idiot.

The irony of the "muddy" smack is the SA river is spring fed and literally comes out of the ground fresh and clear about 3 miles upriver...(on the Incarnate Word property)...flows through Brackenridge Park and right into the riverwalk...

DuncanInYourFace
05-20-2006, 04:40 PM
Cuban is an ass-clown and an attention whore. The only player on his team that actually talks to him is KVH, why do you think that dude even gets playing time?

Think about being a premiere player on the Mavs, and you have an a-hole like Cuban getting in the huddles with you in timeouts. But of course you can't say anything because he OWNS the team. He has a hard time keeping good talent like someone said above, because think about it, if you were a top player you don't want to have to listen to his shit.

redskinfan
05-20-2006, 04:40 PM
The only thing cultural about Dallas is Sue Ellen And Pamela Ewing, damm they were hot back in the day. :drunk

ObiwanGinobili
05-20-2006, 04:50 PM

go spurs go

you make me sick.

punching a pregnant woman in the stomach???

what kinda shithole universe do you come from where that is considered appropriate or humorous??
grow the fuck up you bastard.

CPIM
05-20-2006, 05:01 PM

You are right. I am not an American. English is not my language at all. Well, I do have education problem. What is your poblem?

CosmicCowboy
05-20-2006, 05:05 PM
You are right. I am not an American. English is not my language at all. Well, I do have education problem. What is your poblem?

Damn. You aren't from the US and you can pick ANY team in the NBA to root for and you choose the Hawks? :lol

You must spend a fortune with shrinks...:lol

shelshor
05-20-2006, 05:27 PM
I believe Cuban is acting like a moron, but he is making a smart move. He wants the crowd to focus on him and forget to put pressure on the Mavs and refs.

It's up to you Spurs fans, to ignore this spoiled brat, and concentrate on cheering for the Spurs.

:tu :clap :cheer :flag:

whottt
05-20-2006, 06:11 PM
Please ban me...I am a complete scumbag not fit to engage non animals in conversation

Done.

aaronstampler
05-20-2006, 06:27 PM
Reading Cuban's blog, it's clear that his only rival is the English language. Dude, take some of the money you're paying KVH and hire yourself a ghostwriter.

CubanMustGo
05-20-2006, 06:29 PM
Cuban's turned the comments back on for his wonderful "rivalry" blog entry, have at it gang.

Ooops, no, he *just* turned them off again. What a maroon!

CPIM
05-20-2006, 06:35 PM
Cuban's turned the comments back on for his wonderful "rivalry" blog entry, have at it gang.

Ooops, no, he *just* turned them off again. What a maroon!

What is maroon?

ObiwanGinobili
05-20-2006, 07:59 PM
What is maroon?

uhm, Bugs Bunny says "what a maroon". :fro

mertz
05-23-2006, 01:45 PM
you make me sick.

punching a pregnant woman in the stomach???

what kinda shithole universe do you come from where that is considered appropriate or humorous??
grow the fuck up you bastard.

whoa there. it was obviously a joke. bring it down a few notches.

boutons_
08-04-2006, 02:58 PM
Clear water now being added to S.A.'s green river

Web Posted: 08/04/2006 01:11 AM CDT

Jerry Needham
Express-News Staff Writer

Mavericks owner Mark Cuban might not be able to see his smiling reflection just yet, but the water flowing along the San Antonio River Walk is on its way to being healthy, if not beautiful.

The San Antonio Water System this week began infusing recycled, treated wastewater into the San Antonio River at the head of the Convention Center loop. It's adding 1 million gallons daily of highly treated, crystal-clear water into an area where the river water tends to stagnate.

The difference won't be miraculous and the ghoulish green color won't vanish, water system officials warned. But slowly, the recycled water is expected to improve overall water quality by flushing what now is a basin with no circulation.

"Even though it's just been about two days into it at this point, we've begun to see very good indications that it's going to help with flow and clarity of the river in this particular area because this is an isolated loop of the river," SAWS spokeswoman Anne Hayden said.

The River Walk's image took a beating earlier this year at the hands of the opinionated owner of the Dallas Mavericks, who stoked public passions during the NBA playoffs by decrying San Antonio's famed tourist attraction as "nasty" and an "ugly-ass, muddy-watered thing."

The new water won't take the greenish tinge out of the water, but it will make for a cleaner, healthier river, said Ron Smudy, assistant director of the city's Parks and Recreation Department.

The additional water, which began being pumped in late Wednesday, builds on another project going on in Brackenridge Park behind the Witte Museum.

There, for about five years, 6 million gallons of treated wastewater has been infused each day into the river to keep it flowing when its springs are dry.

"The health of a river is related to the flow of the river," Smudy said. "So that's what we're doing here is enhancing the flow. The river's got a pretty large volume of water in it, so it's going to take some time to see some significant impact there.

"As of today, the river operations people have not seen a huge impact," he added.

Although the highly treated wastewater is clear, Smudy said people should not expect the inflow of new water to flush away the greenish-looking water that's there now.

"What you see when you look in the river — and everybody thinks it's the color of the water — is the reflection of the river bottom," Smudy said.

Hayden agreed.

"We don't know how much difference it's going to make in the downtown portion of the river or even in this loop that it's introduced to, but it's a good start and something we're real excited about," Hayden said.

Flows will be higher in the heat of the summer, but on an annual average, SAWS will pump 600,000 gallons a day of recycled water into the convention center leg of the River Walk, Hayden said.

She said SAWS paid for the project under a 1995 agreement it made when the city expanded the Convention Center.

Hayden said SAWS' goal is simply to improve the quality of water in the river.

"We're hoping that it reduces turbidity or, in layman's terms, increases clarity," she said. "It should help with oxygen levels and with dilution and with flow."

The use of recycled water could significantly improve water quality in the river loop and the extension to the Convention Center, said Greg Rothe, general manager of the San Antonio River Authority."That's a dead-end system that really doesn't have any continuing flow through it," Rothe said. "By introducing this water, we can get a positive flow back to the main channel of the river."

[email protected]

Online at: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/metro/stories/MYSA080406.01A.clear_water.1e385c7.html

LEONARD
08-04-2006, 06:26 PM
Cuban = genius :smokin

ChumpDumper
08-04-2006, 06:30 PM
Now you'll be able to see the shopping carts and car tires without draining the river.

Sweet.

FromWayDowntown
08-04-2006, 07:39 PM
Cuban = genius :smokin

Sure, in the sense that "genius" is synonmyous with "complete ass."

toosmallshoes
08-05-2006, 01:33 AM
If a "Mavs Fan" had just been talking smack about how his Grandma was about to kick Chuck Norris' ass, and then just as she was about to land the finishing blow on Chuck, he ran into the ring and shot his own Grandma in the face, "Mavs Fan" would still be saying, "Well shit, my Grandma almost beat Chuck!!! What you got bitch?!!!! You didn't beat him either so eat shit!!!!" Internet Mavs fans are nothing but an ego surrounded by ten typing fingers.

veruca
08-06-2006, 02:05 PM
Dumbass mark cuban had NOTHING to do with this project; didn't you read the article Leonard?? You make yourself sound like the ignorant and dumbass cuban. The article stated that SAWS paid for the project under a 1995 agreement it made when the city expanded the Convention Center. Next time TRY to get your facts together before you again shove your nose up cuban's smelly ass!!

FarPastGone
08-06-2006, 11:59 PM
Cuban is an ass-clown and an attention whore. The only player on his team that actually talks to him is KVH, why do you think that dude even gets playing time?
Kind of interesting Cuban has not re-signed the only person on the team that liked him already, specially since he was such a KVH supporter he got him extra playing time.

Dude, take some of the money you're paying KVH and hire yourself a ghostwriter.
Once again.

Internet Mavs fans are nothing but an ego surrounded by ten typing fingers.
I would hate to see what you think of Spurs fans.

DaSpurs#1
08-07-2006, 12:24 AM
Cuban = dumb ass jerk :smokinfixed.

ChumpDumper
08-07-2006, 11:32 AM
I think our free-agent signings were the steal of the summer. We never expected we could get both Buck and Devean with our mid-level. We thought both were at least full mid-level, if not higher, players.
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/basketball/mavs/stories/080706dnspomavslede.1fbef3e.html

:lmao :lmao :lmao :guin