PDA

View Full Version : Finley jersey's for GAME 7 ?

Spurs Dynasty
05-20-2006, 09:05 AM
OK, some rich lawyer in Dallas gave out Terrry jerseys to the front row to support that POS and everyone wore them... even Emmitt Smith. GRRRRRRRRR!

So, to everyone going to the game, and any rich SA lawyers with a clothing sweatshop ... can we wear/passout FInley jersey's tonite? What a show that would be. I really feel for the guy being tossed out and turned on by his owner and the fickle fans.

I am trying to get tickets that i can afford but doesnt look good! Best I can do is the HEB/Exp News pin. :oops PLEASE show Finley what real fans are like.

Cuban - (insert insult here).

SPARKY
05-20-2006, 09:07 AM
Not a bad idea. :smokin

alamo50
05-20-2006, 09:08 AM
That would be REALY awesome.
Come on Tpark, step up to the plate!

;)

FromWayDowntown
05-20-2006, 09:09 AM
Why mimic Dallas fans?

It's about team, not man.

Spurs Dynasty
05-20-2006, 09:15 AM
Why mimic Dallas fans?

It's about team, not man.

We are not mimicing Dallas fans. they are turning on a former star player for their team , one who cuban pushed fans to boo, one who got racked in the balls by a former teammate.. for what?

No, we are showing Finley what fan support is like - this is a positive gesture not a negative one. Finley must need it. Can you imagine how he must feel? It is revolting what the fans in dallas are doing to him.

I, for one, appreciate him and want to show it the best way I can.

reydawg
05-20-2006, 09:36 AM
We are not mimicing Dallas fans. they are turning on a former star player for their team

I can't imagine anybody doing that. (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41877)

Spurs Dynasty
05-20-2006, 09:41 AM
I can't imagine anybody doing that. (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41877)

Still, the point eludes you, but i will try again...

Cuban and the fans are turning on Finley for NO reason other that Cuban said to. Finley has done nothing wrong!

AJ, however, if he is doing a Cuban can rightfully be called to task as he is now turning into a Cuban (if he is). See the difference?
Finley = innocent
AJ = Not so much - promoting grabbing players balls, etc....

reydawg
05-20-2006, 09:50 AM
Still, the point eludes you, but i will try again...

Cuban and the fans are turning on Finley for NO reason other that Cuban said to. Finley has done nothing wrong!

AJ, however, if he is doing a Cuban can rightfully be called to task as he is now turning into a Cuban (if he is). See the difference?
Finley = innocent
AJ = Not so much - promoting grabbing players balls, etc....

Yeah...AJ was really promoting grabbing players balls. That fight with Malik Rose in the shower in Cleveland makes more sense now.

But I see your point, the situations are totally different. Finley couldn't get Dallas over the hump, whereas AJ drained a championship winning shot for the Spurs.

The point eludes me.

clubalien
05-20-2006, 11:47 AM
were spur fans mad when sean elliott got traded
were they mad when speedy went somewhere else
what about if david signed with new york?
I think we still love malik and devin brown(home town kid go utsa)
That said people have been shwoing alot of hate towards AJ though

CubanMustGo
05-20-2006, 11:48 AM
You know, it would have impressed me a whole lot more had said lawyer taken the $10K or so he spent on jerseys and donated it a prostate cancer research fund ...

kalikot_boy_kr
05-20-2006, 11:52 AM
I Learned That Mavs Fan Are Moron And Stupid.....

kalikot_boy_kr
05-20-2006, 11:57 AM
I Think Mavs Fans Praying About Game 8........hahahahahahahahaha

Cant_Be_Faded
05-20-2006, 11:58 AM
OK, some rich lawyer in Dallas.

kalikot_boy_kr
05-20-2006, 11:58 AM
I HOPE MAV FANS IS WISHING GAME 8...HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA! :elephant :elephant

Spurs Dynasty
05-20-2006, 11:59 AM
Yeah...AJ was really promoting grabbing players balls. That fight with Malik Rose in the shower in Cleveland makes more sense now.

But I see your point, the situations are totally different. Finley couldn't get Dallas over the hump, whereas AJ drained a championship winning shot for the Spurs.

The point eludes me.

My feeling is this: Finley, AJ, Rose all made great efforts for their teams, and fans should appreciate that and never forget it. Most of us here still love Rose, and will cheer him everytime he plays here. I still like AJ, but am starting to wonder. Sean Elliott... the best.

In this particular case, Finley was cheered my Mavs fans earlier in the season. Now, after being punched in the balls, and after Cuban pushed the fans to boo and reject Finley, they make Finley feel like shit in his old home.

This is what is so assenine to me

Darrin
05-20-2006, 12:40 PM
OK, some rich lawyer in Dallas gave out Terrry jerseys to the front row to support that POS and everyone wore them... even Emmitt Smith. GRRRRRRRRR!

So, to everyone going to the game, and any rich SA lawyers with a clothing sweatshop ... can we wear/passout FInley jersey's tonite? What a show that would be. I really feel for the guy being tossed out and turned on by his owner and the fickle fans.

I am trying to get tickets that i can afford but doesnt look good! Best I can do is the HEB/Exp News pin. :oops PLEASE show Finley what real fans are like.

Cuban - (insert insult here).

I understand that you are in the middle of a battle with one of your players' former team, but it was a sound decision, It was an addition by subtraction not because of Finley's play or his attitude, but because they had a glut at the 2/3 spot with Josh Howard, Marquis Daniels, Jerry Stackhouse, and Michael Finley.

Daniels and Howard are much younger and have shown more promise. So this became a decision between Jerry Stackhouse and Michael Finley.

Stackhouse's salary: 2-years, 15.5 million dollars at age 31 and 32.
or
Finley's salary: 3-years, 51.8 million dollars at ages 32, 33, and 34.

They made the same decision when they traded Antoine Walker for Jason Terry, drafted Devin Harris, and let Steve Nash walk.

All they needed Finley to do was what Stackhouse has become - a player off the bench that is starter quality. He made it clear last season he wouldn't take that role. The Mavs may have not done the right thing 100% by Finley, but they did do the right thing for their franchise.

No one can argue that Josh Howard wasn't worth putting in the starting lineup over him and that there's nothing Stackhouse could do at half the price and a little younger.

Let's not forget the same thing almost happened with the Admiral. Timmy doesn't convince him to come back at half the price (for only two years), he's starting alongside Ben Wallace and Cliff Robinson in Detroit.

reydawg
05-20-2006, 01:06 PM
My feeling is this: Finley, AJ, Rose all made great efforts for their teams, and fans should appreciate that and never forget it. Most of us here still love Rose, and will cheer him everytime he plays here. I still like AJ, but am starting to wonder. Sean Elliott... the best.

In this particular case, Finley was cheered my Mavs fans earlier in the season. Now, after being punched in the balls, and after Cuban pushed the fans to boo and reject Finley, they make Finley feel like shit in his old home.

No argument there. Totally agree that Mavs fans have gone schizophrenic.

The question is: Why am I supposed to hate AJ for similar asinine reasons? The guy was nails. He gave you, me, and every other Spurs fan a moment that we will remember forever. Keep that in mind. Forever.

And I'm supposed to pretend that he's an asshat just because he cashes Mark Cuban's checks now?

ShoogarBear
05-20-2006, 01:13 PM
I still think everyone should wear protective cups worn on the outside.

clubalien
05-20-2006, 01:17 PM
You know, it would have impressed me a whole lot more had said lawyer taken the $10K or so he spent on jerseys and donated it a prostate cancer research fund ...
I heard on tv that the jerseys would be auctioned off to charity afterwards

so I think that sort of invalidates your point.

I mean imagine how much a jersey worn by emitt would be worth to someone with cash to spend that coudl be donated to charity.

you might think that cuban may be an ass but he sure does give his money away to charity and enjoy it.

clubalien
05-20-2006, 01:20 PM
I understand that you are in the middle of a battle with one of your players' former team, but it was a sound decision, It was an addition by subtraction not because of Finley's play or his attitude, but because they had a glut at the 2/3 spot with Josh Howard, Marquis Daniels, Jerry Stackhouse, and Michael Finley.

Daniels and Howard are much younger and have shown more promise. So this became a decision between Jerry Stackhouse and Michael Finley.

Stackhouse's salary: 2-years, 15.5 million dollars at age 31 and 32.
or
Finley's salary: 3-years, 51.8 million dollars at ages 32, 33, and 34.

They made the same decision when they traded Antoine Walker for Jason Terry, drafted Devin Harris, and let Steve Nash walk.

All they needed Finley to do was what Stackhouse has become - a player off the bench that is starter quality. He made it clear last season he wouldn't take that role. The Mavs may have not done the right thing 100% by Finley, but they did do the right thing for their franchise.

No one can argue that Josh Howard wasn't worth putting in the starting lineup over him and that there's nothing Stackhouse could do at half the price and a little younger.

Let's not forget the same thing almost happened with the Admiral. Timmy doesn't convince him to come back at half the price (for only two years), he's starting alongside Ben Wallace and Cliff Robinson in Detroit.

you make a good point NASH walked away
and finely was fired
seems the mavs should be mad at nash for leaving or for cuban not giving nash a pay cut. maybe it is because finely went to the spurs and not mami. I guess it woudl be like if devin went to the lakers. He wouldn;t have just left he would have went to an enemy.

Spurs Dynasty
05-20-2006, 01:25 PM
No argument there. Totally agree that Mavs fans have gone schizophrenic.

The question is: Why am I supposed to hate AJ for similar asinine reasons? The guy was nails. He gave you, me, and every other Spurs fan a moment that we will remember forever. Keep that in mind. Forever.

And I'm supposed to pretend that he's an asshat just because he cashes Mark Cuban's checks now?

I still support AJ, but it is waning now... based on his actions not anyone telling me to drop my support for him. But, i need to see more before i write him off. Still the Little General to me (well, maybe full colonel)

CubanMustGo
05-20-2006, 01:31 PM
I heard on tv that the jerseys would be auctioned off to charity afterwards

so I think that sort of invalidates your point.

I mean imagine how much a jersey worn by emitt would be worth to someone with cash to spend that coudl be donated to charity.

you might think that cuban may be an ass but he sure does give his money away to charity and enjoy it.

If that's the case, then I agree, it does change the situation and I would salute the guy that bought the jerseys. :tu Funny I don't see anything about this on the Mavs site or in the Dallas media, tho.

At the same time, once again here we have someone giving props to CUBAN when it was the LAWYER who bought the jerseys. Just like they gave probs to Cuban when AMERICAN AIRLINES gave away free tickets.

But perhaps the most appropriate gesture came from season-ticket holder Neal Hawks, who purchased blue Jason Terry jerseys for everybody on the front row.

http://fromthescene.beloblog.com/

thispego
05-20-2006, 01:33 PM

does finley really even give a shit? i really doubt it

clubalien
05-20-2006, 01:41 PM
I think he does. That is why he was playing so damn good. He loved that community and the community turned on him.

Spurs Dynasty
05-20-2006, 01:48 PM
I think he does. That is why he was playing so damn good. He loved that community and the community turned on him.

He has already said it bothers him. And it would bother any one of us, too, unless you have no heart.

CubanMustGo
05-20-2006, 01:56 PM
Fin was active in the community - Dallas' DRob in that respect, tho not quite to the extent David got into it. And now he gets treated like shit and blamed for getting a sucker punch in the nads. Hell yes it bothers him ... and he said it helped him focus last night, so WTG Mavs fans.

Darrin
05-20-2006, 03:48 PM
you make a good point NASH walked away
and finely was fired
seems the mavs should be mad at nash for leaving or for cuban not giving nash a pay cut. maybe it is because finely went to the spurs and not mami. I guess it woudl be like if devin went to the lakers. He wouldn;t have just left he would have went to an enemy.

If they had been in the position to offer Finley the contract he got in San Antonio, then yes, he would've been kept around. But, instead, they had signed Finley to a contract extension after the 2001 season.

texlawman
05-20-2006, 03:54 PM
Get Real. Most Mavs fans have a lot of respect for Finley. This is the playoffs so anything to "stir" the pot is probably going to occur in the heat of the moment. I'm sure that we will have a nice ceremony for Finley when he retires one day and it wouldn't shock me if we retire his jersey. He did a lot for the franchise and I'm sure that most Mavs fans feel the same way. Cuban is just being a tool on this issue.

MissAllThat
05-20-2006, 04:09 PM
I actually respected this gesture by the Mavs fan lawyer guy. I thought it was nice and actually showed the makings of a real fan.

ploto
05-20-2006, 04:14 PM
There were actually quite a number of Finley Spurs jerseys at the game in Dallas. More than I have probably seen in SA.

Spurs Dynasty
05-20-2006, 04:15 PM
Get Real. Most Mavs fans have a lot of respect for Finley. This is the playoffs so anything to "stir" the pot is probably going to occur in the heat of the moment. I'm sure that we will have a nice ceremony for Finley when he retires one day and it wouldn't shock me if we retire his jersey. He did a lot for the franchise and I'm sure that most Mavs fans feel the same way. Cuban is just being a tool on this issue.

I am glad to hear that, cuz that is NOT the feeling i was getting from mav posters here, Cuban nor the fans in AA who booed him everytime he touched the ball.