PDA

View Full Version : Three Game 7s

ShoogarBear
05-20-2006, 11:24 AM
Cleveland @ Detroit Sun, May 21 – 3:30 pm EDT (ABC)
Dallas @ San Antonio Mon, May 22 – 8:00 pm EDT (TNT)
LA Clippers @ Phoenix Mon, May 22 – 10:30 pm EDT (TNT)

:drool:
:corn:
:smchode:

1Parker1
05-20-2006, 11:27 AM
That's insane. The funny thing is...the series that everyone expected to go to 7 games was the Miami-Nets game :lol

1Parker1
05-20-2006, 11:29 AM
Although, now that I'm looking at it, it's weird that the Suns and Pistons switched their days around. If you go by the scheduling you would have expected the Suns Clipps game to be on Sunday and the Pistons Cavs on Monday.

Guess they have to thank Stern for going after ratings.

ShoogarBear
05-20-2006, 11:31 AM
The NBA specifically said that they wanted both WC teams to play the same day if they both went to game 7. Which actually makes somes sense, for a change.

SPARKY
05-20-2006, 11:31 AM
Man, I'm not going to get any work done over the next couple of days.

nkdlunch
05-20-2006, 12:11 PM
A lot of ppl thought SPurs - mavs would go to 7. i did

ShoogarBear
05-20-2006, 12:24 PM
With all the crazy stuff we've seen, it still could end up being the same four teams as last year.

ducks
05-20-2006, 12:34 PM
I am glad both west teams paly monday

WHY
both have=days off to next game

ALVAREZ6
05-20-2006, 12:36 PM
With all the crazy stuff we've seen, it still could end up being the same four teams as last year.
That would be crazy.

Has that ever happened before???

clubalien
05-20-2006, 12:47 PM
what more proof do you need that the NBA is rigged
david goes to spurs
tim goes to spurs
just so happens that when we have the number one pick we draft JUST the players we need to save our franchise!!!

lebron goes to his howm town

we end up with game 7s more games more money

lebron winning more viewers more jerseys sold

coachmac87
05-20-2006, 12:50 PM
damn i cant believe phx...they are going to be a very serious contender next year with amare back...but with him back the players they have now roles are going down...like diaw...like tim thomas whos probally gonna come to sa next year....and when they get kurt thomas back...im nervous...phx is a team to watch out for next year

TDMVPDPOY
05-20-2006, 12:52 PM
stern got his wish, now its time he should reward us a game 7 win

coachmac87
05-20-2006, 12:52 PM
i think the nba is rigged to an extent...david stern can do all he wants...but he cant put the ball in the basket.. or catch an offensive rebound that cleveland needed....or raja bell 3 to save the suns...he may have an impact...but he cant control who puts the ball in the bucket

coachmac87
05-20-2006, 12:55 PM
no they're not

explain how they are not??

coachmac87
05-20-2006, 12:58 PM
did u not see how much a force amare was last year....38ppg agianst the spurs??? raja bell is a decent defender...marion is marion..nash is nash..barbosa is one hell of a player off the bench(who the spurs drafted) they have bigs..they are just hurt thats why they are playing so small...and diaw hes the most improved...and u dont kno what offseason moves they are going to make...they are going to be a good team next year..i kno i didnt think they could do what they are doing right now

clubalien
05-20-2006, 01:05 PM
I think we can alll agree if you just sit on your team you will be beat.
we lost the world basketball champs because we didn't get better and other teams did
lakers didn;t get better and we adjusted by getting bowen.
spurs pretty much stayed the same outside of finely and we are having a hard time againts mavs

You cannot stay the same while other teams get better even if you are the best. so this offseason just like any other we need to get better. With the cap, with loyality to players, and with chemstry it sometimes is hard to do. Spurs have this ability to bring differnt teams to nba titles, but atleats now we have been keeping a core of tim, tony manu. 2 more years and we will bring in one of the best bigman named ian. Go spurs go just win baby.

Winnipeg_Spur
05-20-2006, 01:17 PM
Although, now that I'm looking at it, it's weird that the Suns and Pistons switched their days around. If you go by the scheduling you would have expected the Suns Clipps game to be on Sunday and the Pistons Cavs on Monday.

Guess they have to thank Stern for going after ratings.
I think the WWE is doing something in that Phoenix arena on sunday, so that's why it has to be monday. :lol

FromWayDowntown
05-20-2006, 01:37 PM
It makes sense to align the conferences to play Game 7's on different nights. The ECF will start, I'm guessing on Tuesday, and the WCF on Wednesday. Might as well get everyone on schedule right now.

I would think that a whole lot of people thought at the beginning of this series that Spurs/Mavs was going 7. There may not have been very many who thought that last Monday night, but at the beginning I think most thought we were looking at 7 games.

z0sa
05-20-2006, 02:46 PM
its never over until someone wins four games. i pity da fool who gives up on his team at any juncture.

MissAllThat
05-20-2006, 02:59 PM
I'm very glad to have my game 7s. "I'm like a kid in a candy store, baby!" hahaha o Dick Vitale....

1Parker1
05-20-2006, 03:39 PM
It makes sense to align the conferences to play Game 7's on different nights. The ECF will start, I'm guessing on Tuesday, and the WCF on Wednesday. Might as well get everyone on schedule right now.

I would think that a whole lot of people thought at the beginning of this series that Spurs/Mavs was going 7. There may not have been very many who thought that last Monday night, but at the beginning I think most thought we were looking at 7 games.

You're right, I thought it would go to 6 or 7 games as well....before Game 4 happened :oops

BTW, I didn't even realize that after all that, it may very well be the same 4 teams in the conference finals. :wow

Dunc
05-20-2006, 03:42 PM

That's absolutely amazing. The best playoffs top to bottom in recent memory so far, but the status quo may remain.

Tanya
05-20-2006, 04:56 PM
SA will win game 7 -- because they are the better team.
DET should win game 7 -- because they are the better team. But I guess something is going wrong in their locker room, except this I can't think of any other reasons why they have been playing like the worse team. They looked so hungry during regular season but they have lost three games straight in this series. I hope they can come together right away.
LAC will win game 7 -- because they are the better team than PHX this year.

texlawman
05-20-2006, 05:39 PM
Dallas will win game 7 -- because they are the better team.
DET should win game 7 -- because they are the better team. But I guess something is going wrong in their locker room, except this I can't think of any other reasons why they have been playing like the worse team. They looked so hungry during regular season but they have lost three games straight in this series. I hope they can come together right away.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-20-2006, 06:05 PM
FUCK! its on TNT, which means we won't get to see it... :(

RON ARTEST
05-20-2006, 06:13 PM
did u not see how much a force amare was last year....38ppg agianst the spurs??? raja bell is a decent defender...marion is marion..nash is nash..barbosa is one hell of a player off the bench(who the spurs drafted) they have bigs..they are just hurt thats why they are playing so small...and diaw hes the most improved...and u dont kno what offseason moves they are going to make...they are going to be a good team next year..i kno i didnt think they could do what they are doing right now
i dont care if they have amare or not. they still play no defense at all. they shoot way to many threes and did i mention they dont play defense?

RON ARTEST
05-20-2006, 06:14 PM
FUCK! its on TNT, which means we won't get to see it... :(
what do you mean? dont you have tnt?

Dunc
05-20-2006, 06:46 PM
SA will win game 7 -- because they are the better team.

I think that the Pistons may have regained their focus and fire after last night's 4th Q. Playing at home, I think we'll see the Pistons we know and love.

ducks
05-20-2006, 06:59 PM
what do you mean? dont you have tnt?
he lives in argentina

clubalien
05-20-2006, 07:38 PM
i don't get rich peoples tv either
kens,krrt,or ksat(abc) or only games i can see