PDA

View Full Version : What doesn't kill you makes you stronger...

CosmicCowboy
05-20-2006, 01:20 PM
This has been one hell of a series...

Spurs players have been forced to "figure out" smallball in a series where virtually every single possession can not only alter the outcome of the game but also determine which team advances.

If the Spurs move on Monday they will be even more dangerous and the rest of the league better be paying attention...Determination fired by the forges of adversity and adding to the already formidable Spurs arsenal could be a potent combination...Pop will keep smallball in his toolbag and he and the Spurs players won't be afraid to use it.

In a pefect world the Spurs and Pistons will meet again in the finals. If that happens I would not be surprised to see some smallball again...it could potentially be very effective with the Pistons if they are packing the paint...

sprrs
05-20-2006, 01:44 PM
Smallball scares me. At least for extended periods of time, which is what we're doing against the Mavs now. They have almost no defense what-so-ever and once we do finally get a stop or two we don't have the size needed to get a rebound so Dallas gets another posession. I liked what I saw in the fourth though, smallball was getting the job done defensively. Hopefully they keep it up for Monday.

SA Gunslinger
05-20-2006, 01:49 PM
Smallball scares me. At least for extended periods of time, which is what we're doing against the Mavs now. They have almost no defense what-so-ever and once we do finally get a stop or two we don't have the size needed to get a rebound so Dallas gets another posession. I liked what I saw in the fourth though, smallball was getting the job done defensively. Hopefully they keep it up for Monday.

Defensively, small ball scares me too. But the guys are better at it now than a week ago. Offensively, it is the shit.

CosmicCowboy
05-20-2006, 01:53 PM
Defensively, small ball scares me too. But the guys are better at it now than a week ago. Offensively, it is the shit.

Exactly.

Borosai
05-20-2006, 01:56 PM
I have small balls...no problems here.

CosmicCowboy
05-20-2006, 02:03 PM
As an example...

Finals are 2-3-2 and if Spurs meet the Pistons they HAVE to take at least one of the first two. Come out on the second game with smallball...The Pistons game plan will probably be to guard Duncan one on one with Sheed. Who does Ben Wallace guard in smallball? Major mismatch. Who do the Pistons have on the bench that can make a difference? Once you get past the starting 5 they are not nearly as deep as the Spurs.

Just a thought.

I know it's premature, but If the Spurs get out of this series it's a very effective tool to use and the Spurs won't be afraid to use it.

SA210
05-20-2006, 02:07 PM
I'll tell you one thing, as difficult as it may be, We need to take those 2 first games in Detroit, we can't let that series go 7, no way, no how,

of course considering we take care of business on Monday.

CosmicCowboy
05-20-2006, 02:39 PM
I'll tell you one thing, as difficult as it may be, We need to take those 2 first games in Detroit, we can't let that series go 7, no way, no how,

of course considering we take care of business on Monday.

Exactly.

The three days rest should be good for Parker and hopefully he comes back with a huge game.

clubalien
05-20-2006, 02:51 PM
in the first roundwe play a team that wasn;t suposed to be a 8th seed
in the secound round we play a team that was ranked #2 maybe even number 1. That we shoudl be seeing in the WCF.
does anyone think that the thrid round will be the easiest for us?

Budkin
05-20-2006, 02:54 PM
Without a doubt if we can get to the WCF it will be the easiest round.

1Parker1
05-20-2006, 03:42 PM
Without a doubt if we can get to the WCF it will be the easiest round.

First, we have to win Monday. Mavs fans were thinking this series was over too last Monday. Mavs have won big in SA in game 2, barely lost by 1 point last game they were there. These two teams are so evenly matched, it'll be hard to bet on who wins Monday.

With that said, WCF will probably be easier than the first and second rounds, considering the Clippers inexperience and the Suns lack of inside presence. However, I could still see it going to 6 games with either team.

Texas_Ranger
05-20-2006, 03:44 PM
First, we have to win Monday. Mavs fans were thinking this series was over too last Monday. Mavs have won big in SA in game 2, barely lost by 1 point last game they were there. These two teams are so evenly matched, it'll be hard to bet on who wins Monday.

With that said, WCF will probably be easier than the first and second rounds, considering the Clippers inexperience and the Suns lack of inside presence. However, I could still see it going to 6 games with either team.

:tu

themvp
05-20-2006, 03:45 PM
:tu

What do you know about :smokin :lol

Texas_Ranger
05-20-2006, 03:46 PM
What do you know about :smokin :lol

Fuck to you, you Borat lover :wtf :madrun

CosmicCowboy
05-20-2006, 04:23 PM

1Parker1...I wasn't ignoring the fact that the Spurs still need to win Monday...

I'm simply stating that the Spurs have gotten over the learning curve and realized they can still play defense with small ball (see 4th quarter game 6)

I can see this being a dangerous weapon to use in certain situations if they advance...and Pop would NEVER have tried it if Avery hadn't forced his hand in game 2 of this series...