PDA

View Full Version : Mavs forums

Kori Ellis
05-20-2006, 05:36 PM
Throughout this series I have been trying to find a decent Mavs board, not to troll but just to read. I always read other team's boards throughout the season and playoffs, though I rarely post.

Mavtalk.com just isn't that busy and a few posters kept saying that dallas-mavs.com is the best/busiest of the Mavs forums.

Today I went there and you can't read the board unless your register, so I clicked on registration ..

Sorry, registration has been disabled by the administrator.

Mavs fans shouldn't wonder why your forums aren't that busy.

RealEstateDude
05-20-2006, 05:38 PM
Sounds like they let a Spurs fan in the admin panel :lol

Budkin
05-20-2006, 05:38 PM
I've also been going to:

http://www.dallas-mavs.com/

and

http://pub169.ezboard.com/bdallasbasketballdotcom

Kori Ellis
05-20-2006, 05:42 PM
I've also been going to:

http://www.dallas-mavs.com/

That's the one that you can't register.

and

http://pub169.ezboard.com/bdallasbasketballdotcom

It's not very busy.

mavsfan1000
05-20-2006, 05:47 PM
Yeah mavs forums do suck. That is why I am here. :lol Not a big fan of dallas-mavs.com though they are the busiest forum.

Spurs Dynasty
05-20-2006, 05:48 PM
I am registered at Dallas-Mavs.com. I dont know whey registration is closed

spurastic
05-20-2006, 05:48 PM
That's funny! I just click on the http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=4 and went right in. No registration required. Maybe SA IPs disabled? Never mind-- I just tried to read some of the messages and got what you got. Really weird and they're acting scared.

BigBinBigD
05-20-2006, 05:49 PM
Also try dallasbasketball.com.

Kori Ellis
05-20-2006, 05:50 PM
That's funny! I just click on the http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=4 and went right in. No registration required. Maybe SA IPs disabled?

Yeah I can get to that page, then when I click on a thread it says registration required.

CubanMustGo
That's funny! I just click on the http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=4 and went right in. No registration required. Maybe SA IPs disabled?

You can view the topics but not read the messages.

Someone who is registered over there should PM Kori their account and password. I doubt she'd do anything you wouldn't. :lol

SpursWoman

Nevermind...it shows when you click on a thread...

Kori Ellis
Also try dallasbasketball.com.

Yeah that's the one listed above that's ezboard. It seems okay, but not very busy.

Kori Ellis
05-20-2006, 05:52 PM
You can view the topics but not read the messages.

Someone who is registered over there should PM Kori their account and password. I doubt she'd do anything you wouldn't. :lol

It's okay. I don't care enough to cheat their system. I think they just changed it because earlier this week I could read the threads there.

Spurs Dynasty
05-20-2006, 05:53 PM
i started a thread asking about it. They are the best Mav forum, but still very slow compared to this forum

Texas_Ranger
05-20-2006, 05:53 PM
Yeah I can get to that page, then when I click on a thread it says registration required.

I also

Beer is Good
05-20-2006, 05:55 PM
they dont want people to see them pee their pants. Those Scarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry Spurs!

Kori Ellis
05-20-2006, 05:56 PM
Maybe I should have closed registration when the Spurs were down 3-1. :lol

Seriously I don't get why they would want to lock out fans of their own team. I understand that maybe they are getting a lot of trolls, but you just have to deal with it.

Spurs Dynasty
05-20-2006, 05:57 PM
Maybe I should have closed registration when the Spurs were down 3-1. :lol

Seriously I don't get why they would want to lock out fans of their own team. I understand that maybe they are getting a lot of trolls, but you just have to deal with it.

A lot of the members are VERY defensive of AJ, Terry and Cuban and anyone who disagrees is a troll. However, there are some good people there.

T Park
05-20-2006, 05:58 PM
like team leader like fan.

Come on Mavs fan, tell Dirk and yourselves to butch up.

CosmicCowboy
05-20-2006, 05:59 PM
funny...this is a top thread @ MavTalk...

Wow...spur and piston fans are all buddy-buddy now on spurstalk.com. Should make for a real interesting finals (sarcasm) if the spurs happen to make it. I think they should split the trophy and have a gay date on the riverwalk.

:lmao

CubanMustGo
05-20-2006, 06:04 PM
^ With brilliance like that I can see why they want to keep everyone else away.

exstatic
05-20-2006, 06:12 PM
Wow...spur and piston fans are all buddy-buddy now on spurstalk.com. Should make for a real interesting finals (sarcasm) if the spurs happen to make it. I think they should split the trophy and have a gay date on the riverwalk.
That's muddy, disgusting riverwalk to you, Mavtrash.

As for why Spurs and Pistons fans get along, maybe it's because we don't have insecurity issues, having BEEN to the mountain.

Spurs Dynasty
05-20-2006, 06:12 PM
no answer from Dallas-mavs.com. lots of views of the thread, no responses

Spurs Dynasty
05-20-2006, 06:13 PM
That's muddy, disgusting riverwalk to you, Mavtrash.

As for why Spurs and Pistons fans get along, maybe it's because we don't have insecurity issues, having BEEN to the mountain.

Now, exstatic, get it right.... the proper term is "muddy-ass riverwalk"

Kori Ellis
05-20-2006, 06:14 PM
no answer from Dallas-mavs.com. lots of views of the thread, no responses

They probably just got tons of trolls last night and turned it off.

I understand their frustration. :lol

Spurs Dynasty
05-20-2006, 06:17 PM
They probably just got tons of trolls last night and turned it off.

I understand their frustration. :lol

I am sure there were a lot, as i have posted before, Dallas doesnt have a cornere on the market of assholes.

picnroll
05-20-2006, 06:31 PM
Jezzus I hate to think that the cream of the Mavs fan crop is showing up here.

ShoogarBear
05-20-2006, 06:37 PM
Actually dallas-mavs.com has required registration pretty much continuously since before the beginning of the regular season, so it has nothing to do with this playoff series.

Every once in a while you can go there and read threads; I don't know whether this is intentional or not.

Very strange. Very paranoid. Very Cuban.

BgT
05-20-2006, 06:44 PM
I heard you can register there only after they win a game.

SpursWoman
05-20-2006, 06:48 PM

Whoever made that post on that site made the exact post in this forum somewhere. So either it's the same person, or a Mav fan that can't even think up it's own stupid shit. :lol

veronicamae
05-20-2006, 06:49 PM
dallas-mavs.com has been asking why registration is/was blocked to this forum a few days back.

many of them are complaining, in not so many words, that the game was somehow rigged. lol

RON ARTEST
05-20-2006, 06:50 PM
dallas-mavs.com has been asking why registration is/was blocked to this forum a few days back.

many of them are complaining, in not so many words, that the game was somehow rigged. lol
rigged? wow they are nuts. game 4 was the one that sucked.

ShoogarBear
05-20-2006, 06:53 PM

many of them are complaining, in not so many words, that the game was somehow rigged. lolRegistration isn't blocked, because we had one guy last nigh register just to troll the chat.

What changed was that you could no longer view the threads as a guest.

veronicamae
05-20-2006, 06:56 PM
yeah. they are saying all sorts of stuff that, if/when we said it a week ago, they called us pussies and whiners (no surprise). For example...

"I know we shouldn't bitch but look at the disparity

Mavs 29 fouls
Spurs 19 fouls

Mavs 20 fts
Spurs 34 fts

Are you telling me the Mavs aren't aggressive? It look like they were very aggressive to me. A 14 free throw difference is just unreal. Mavs were getting any calls.

I wish Cuban and AJ would just starting complaining the shit out of this."

"AJ, Cuban should be pissed. I'm tired of the refs giving Duncan too much. The guy just leans into the defender and its a foul. What can Damp and Diop do? They have no chance. If the fouls are called evenly. I mean number wise, Mavs run away with the game."

"Spurs shot 15 FTS in the 2nd half....Mavs shot 3. Going to the basket was not rewarded tonight unless you were Manu."

~~~

And yes, they closed registration because they're tired of the trolls!

SpursWoman
05-20-2006, 07:03 PM
Whoever made that post on that site made the exact post in this forum somewhere. So either it's the same person, or a Mav fan that can't even think up it's own stupid shit. :lol

Oh, it was Tony-Go MAVS. Unfortunately, he is no longer with us. :fro

BgT
05-20-2006, 07:07 PM
What can Damp and Diop do?
:lol It just doesn't cross their mind, that those two guys can't do anything against Tim, coz they are just so... bad?

mavsfan1000
05-20-2006, 07:10 PM
Damp and Diop have done fine. The refs won't let the mavs guard Duncan. It is pathetic how Duncan just jumps into his defender and they call a foul. There is no way to guard him if the refs call it that way.

Spurs Dynasty
05-20-2006, 07:10 PM
Oh, it was Tony-Go MAVS. Unfortunately, he is no longer with us. :fro

How very unfortunate :lol :lol

BgT
05-20-2006, 07:11 PM
Damp and Diop have done fine. The refs won't let the mavs guard Duncan. It is pathetic how Duncan just jumps into his defender and they call a foul. There is no way to guard him if the refs call it that way.
Yes, they are doing good job RELATIVELY. You didn't expect that someone from your team would succesfully stop Tim, did you?

SPARKY
05-20-2006, 07:13 PM
Bruce and Manu have done fine. The refs won't let the Spurs guard Nowitzki. It is pathetic how Nowitzki just jumps into his defender and they call a foul. There is no way to guard him if the refs call it that way.

SpursWoman
05-20-2006, 07:14 PM
Damp and Diop have done fine. The refs won't let the mavs guard Duncan.

Then tell them to quit smacking his forearms. They do that a lot. Duh.

And you have no room to talk at all about anyone getting special treatment on foul calls. A Spur could pass gas on the court, Dirk would walk through it and foul, Spurs. So nikka please, think before you speak. :lol

And I thought the crybaby ref shit was only reserved for Spurs fans? :wtf

Spurs Dynasty
05-20-2006, 07:16 PM
Then tell them to quit smacking his forearms. They do that a lot. Duh.

And you have no room to talk at all about anyone getting special treatment on foul calls. A Spur could pass gas on the court, Dirk would walk through it and foul, Spurs. So nikka please, think before you speak. :lol

And I thought the crybaby ref shit was only reserved for Spurs fans? :wtf

That would be a technical, Spurswoman.

SpursWoman
05-20-2006, 07:18 PM
A technical? Or a fragrant foul? :angel

exstatic
05-20-2006, 07:21 PM
The foul issues on the Mavs big men rest solely on the shoulders of one Avery Johnson. His insistance on leaving those scrubs on an island against a big man who will be in the top 3 pantheon of all around big men when he retires is the direct cause. The terminology is "6 fouls to give". Don't complain when they're called

exstatic
05-20-2006, 07:21 PM
Well, it certainly wouldn't be a fragrant foul...

Spurs Dynasty
05-20-2006, 07:24 PM

:lmao

mavsfan1000
05-20-2006, 07:24 PM
The foul issues on the Mavs big men rest solely on the shoulders of one Avery Johnson. His insistance on leaving those scrubs on an island against a big man who will be in the top 3 pantheon of all around big men when he retires is the direct cause. The terminology is "6 fouls to give". Don't complain when they're called
It's either that or the role players on the spurs kill you with 3's. Neither are good. That is the toughest part in defending the spurs right there.

SPARKY
05-20-2006, 07:25 PM
AJ's defensive strategy has been somewhat questionable. Play TD straight up to start and leave Parker's man one on one as well. The entire scheme is designed to cover the 3 point line. As much as Pop is popped for playing small ball, one wonders how AJ's genius defense against a top 2 big and a top 5 point may come back to haunt the Mavs.

ShoogarBear
05-20-2006, 07:30 PM
Damp and Diop have done fine. The refs won't let the mavs guard Duncan. It is pathetic how Duncan just jumps into his defender and they call a foul. There is no way to guard him if the refs call it that way.FTA/G: Duncan 11.2, Nowitzki 10.7
PF/G: Duncan 4 (1 DQ), Nowitzki 2.9 (0 DQ)

(Facts provided courtesy of the Maverick Fan Educational Fund(TM).)

happytoplay1
05-20-2006, 07:30 PM
u assholes ar the whiniest bunch of sissies, with little or no knowledge of the game. You have been throwin ur team under the bus for several games now and I can't wait to stick it to u and ur ex mav goons in gm 7. I am even willing to step out on a limb and gurantee a victory for the Mavs. With Terry back, u might as well practice tossing that hook in the riverwalk. And all spus fans, players, and coaches will continue to whine about the officiating, with arms out and forehead wrinkled (ie. Micheal Finley) as to say WHAT HAPPENED?

SpursWoman
05-20-2006, 07:32 PM
:lol

Another brilliant first post by a Mavericks fan.

Vashner
05-20-2006, 07:34 PM
Probably because they is poor folk and can't pay the forum busting bill.

SPARKY
05-20-2006, 07:35 PM
u assholes ar the whiniest bunch of sissies, with little or no knowledge of the game. You have been throwin ur team under the bus for several games now and I can't wait to stick it to u and ur ex mav goons in gm 7. I am even willing to step out on a limb and gurantee a victory for the Mavs. With Terry back, u might as well practice tossing that hook in the riverwalk. And all spus fans, players, and coaches will continue to whine about the officiating, with arms out and forehead wrinkled (ie. Micheal Finley) as to say WHAT HAPPENED?

Crack kills.

Spurs Dynasty
05-20-2006, 07:36 PM

:nutkick:

Did you see AJ's interview or Cuban at any freaking time during last 4 seasons, or read any of the Mav boards? :lol :lol Get real

Despot
05-20-2006, 09:39 PM
http://www.mavtalk.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=005331

I know what's going on with it.

There are a couple of Pistons fans that are cheering on the Spurs on spurstalk. They are cheering on the Sprus because the Pistons swept the Spurs during the regular season, and Dallas annhilated the Pistons by 36 points.

It would be the same reason why we were rooting for the Kings against the Spurs. The Kings suck. We would have had a much easier series if we played against them. Those Pistons fans on spurstalk are praying they don't have to face the Mavs in the finals...and for good reason.

SpursWoman
05-20-2006, 09:43 PM
It would be the same reason why we were rooting for the Kings against the Spurs. The Kings suck. We would have had a much easier series if we played against them. Those Pistons fans on spurstalk are praying they don't have to face the Mavs in the finals...and for good reason.

:lol

mmKay.

Kori Ellis
05-20-2006, 11:22 PM

Registration isn't blocked here at SpursTalk. I would never stop registration. But you do have to register to see the threads though and for the past few days I was approving all the registrations manually -- so some of them might have not gotten their approval email for a couple hours rather than instantly.

East Coast Babe
05-21-2006, 12:25 AM
If you want to talk basketball, dfw.com will give you Dallas fans (and some not). It is a Dallas newspaper site, I think. You do have to register and as I recall (I have been there awhile) there is a wait of at least a day. But, they talk basketball for the most part and they are happy to do it. Trash talk does not cut it with them. I have enjoyed that site. They seem to be accomodating to anyone who wants to talk basketball because not everyone is a Dallas fan there. I'm a case in point. I am just careful not to trash talk.

pking
05-21-2006, 12:36 AM
There really aren't any good Mavs boards. None of them have a ton of traffic like this one.

I like DallasBasketball.com's ezboard and dallas-mavs.com the best but they're still not that great. MavTalk.com seems to be a bunch of 15 year olds.

East Coast Babe
05-21-2006, 12:46 AM
There really aren't any good Mavs boards. None of them have a ton of traffic like this one.

I like DallasBasketball.com's ezboard and dallas-mavs.com the best but they're still not that great. MavTalk.com seems to be a bunch of 15 year olds.

You would know best, I guess. I haven't visited any other Mavs sites. Just dfw.com. They get quiet in the summer,but not totally gone. I've been to the Lakers boards and their love of Kobe has just made me sick! The Suns are just plain insane from my viewpoint (brains been baking in the desert too long I think.) The T-Wolves go silent off season and Miami is okay. So much for my travels away from my team so far. This board is fun to read!

RealEstateDude
05-21-2006, 12:47 AM
If you want to talk basketball, dfw.com will give you Dallas fans (and some not). It is a Dallas newspaper site, I think. You do have to register and as I recall (I have been there awhile) there is a wait of at least a day. But, they talk basketball for the most part and they are happy to do it. Trash talk does not cut it with them. I have enjoyed that site. They seem to be accomodating to anyone who wants to talk basketball because not everyone is a Dallas fan there. I'm a case in point. I am just careful not to trash talk.

Not to get off subject but your s/n is worthless without a pic... :rolleyes

pking
05-21-2006, 12:52 AM
You would know best, I guess. I haven't visited any other Mavs sites. Just dfw.com. They get quiet in the summer,but not totally gone. I've been to the Lakers boards and their love of Kobe has just made me sick! The Suns are just plain insane from my viewpoint (brains been baking in the desert too long I think.) The T-Wolves go silent off season and Miami is okay. So much for my travels away from my team so far. This board is fun to read!

I didn't even see this post. I actually have never checked out any boards on that site -- just go there sometimes to read the Star Telegram articles.

But nah, I haven't ever come across a Mavs board that I liked as much as this one.

Trainwreck2100
05-21-2006, 01:08 AM

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6214/owl29fg.jpg

East Coast Babe
05-21-2006, 01:40 AM
Not to get off subject but your s/n is worthless without a pic... :rolleyes

Never thought about it. I will give it some thought!

TonyC
05-21-2006, 01:45 AM
Now, exstatic, get it right.... the proper term is "muddy-ass riverwalk"

I'll resopond to that thread...its the truth. Detroit is scared of Dallas considering we man handled them this year in the regular season. Good enough for ya??

LilMissSPURfect
05-21-2006, 01:47 AM
I'll resopond to that thread...its the truth. Detroit is scared of Dallas considering we man handled them this year in the regular season. Good enough for ya??

:elephant

LilMissSPURfect
05-21-2006, 01:47 AM
timmy was regular too!!!!!!!

TonyC
05-21-2006, 01:54 AM
Just making a point, the pistons want to play SA...not Dallas. You know it and I know it...whoever wins this series is the NBA champs. The Pistons feel that they have a better shot against your spurs. It the truth.

ShoogarBear
05-21-2006, 11:09 AM
Just making a point, the pistons want to play SA...not Dallas. You know it and I know it...whoever wins this series is the NBA champs. The Pistons feel that they have a better shot against your spurs. It the truth.
And that will be what Mav fans try to console themselves with at night as they try to go to sleep this off-season.

Holt's Cat
05-21-2006, 11:11 AM
If the Maws can't handuwl the Spuws then they are the same old pwetending playoff bitwches. Pistons scared of the Mavs? Hahahahahahahha.

SAGambler
05-21-2006, 11:24 AM

Oh, you mean the way Dirk does...

I have this picture in my mind of Dirk leaning in as he goes up to draw contact, Bowen makes a quick spin move to the side, and Dirk fall flat on his face on the court....

That would be priceless.

Spurs Dynasty
05-21-2006, 11:33 AM

Well, i might agree with your statment that I know that... except I DONT. But thanks for impressing us with your psychic abilities that allow you into our heads and the heads of the Pistons. I dont think the Pistons are afraid of ANY team.

Oh, and teams like the Pistons and Spurs have different gears they go into in the playoffs. We have yet to see the SPurs or the Pistons top out, I think.

Oh, can you send me the winning lottery numbers for tonite?

FromWayDowntown
05-21-2006, 11:39 AM

The Mavs beat the Pistons badly . . . . in November, at home, and on the second night of a back-to-back for Detroit.

It was a good win for the Mavericks (if there can be good wins in November), but -- no offense intended -- I don't think (most) Pistons are expressing sentiments favoring the Spurs because they're concerned with playing Dallas.

Despot
05-21-2006, 11:16 PM
Just want to make sure we don't show too much sympathy for fans from Mavtalk tomorrow.

First off, there's a reason why Spurstalk gets so many trolls. It's a very pathetic messageboard filled with 12 year olds that wish harm on any non Spurs player. The hideous chicks on there use avatars of themselves in bras.

Mavtalk is a great messageboard for these reasons:

1. it's small, but has a loyal fanbase that keeps it active

2. most of the posters here are adults or at least act that way (except me. I'm an adult and I act 12)

3. We save all of our horrific language for the gamechats, which are generally rated NC-17. We say things that would REALLY make the trolls mad, which is why the trolls don't get in them (usually!)

I've trolled on Spurstalk, but I did it to make fun of those nasty chicks that show themselves half naked in their avatars. I was just reading what they were saying over there and saw that crap and had to say something. It's a very low class messageboard, like every Spurs messageboard.

The fact is that you Spurs fans, as a whole, are idiots. Can you name ONE place on the internet where you've ever had an intelligent conversation about the Spurs? I mean besides here.

East Coast Babe
05-21-2006, 11:45 PM

There are some Piston fans that want the revenge factor and would like to play SA again. Personally I am not one. Honestly, I would rather play the Mavs, Suns, or Clippers. JMO.

SequSpur
05-21-2006, 11:50 PM
WGAF. I was banned on mavtalk long ago.

I don't give a shit about mavfan until this series is over. They can screw off for all I care.

Holt's Cat
05-21-2006, 11:52 PM
Just want to make sure we don't show too much sympathy for fans from Mavtalk tomorrow.

Funny, this forum doesn't wook like Spuwsweport until Mavs fans show up and troll.

Befowre I fowget, there's something stwange about a group of men who don't like pics of chicks in bras and worship a German leader. Thwink about it.

Spurs Dynasty
05-21-2006, 11:52 PM

Low class, ok.... Us acting like 12 year olds... um, well ok. Trolls, maybe.

But i will be damned if i am gonna sit here and let him make fun of our bravatars ! :lol

Drbio
05-21-2006, 11:53 PM
I am a Mavs fan and I HATE Mavtalk. It's horrible.

Also...about the Bravatar thing....I don't know what the underlying motivation is behind it, but I like it. It is nothing shy of freaking genius. :)

Melmart1
05-21-2006, 11:54 PM
I have not seen a single nasty bravatar here, my own included. Is Mulvaney a woman and just jealous?

Despot
05-22-2006, 12:01 AM
All of the women here are beautiful, well, except for the transgendered Mouse Aliases.

Trainwreck2100
05-22-2006, 12:04 AM
I can't believe he fucking bithced about the use of language. It's my goddamn motherfucking right to say what the fuck I want to. On another note WHY THE FUCK DO WE CARE WHAT THE FUCK MAVTALK FUCKING SAYS ABOUT US?

beachbarbie948
05-22-2006, 12:07 AM
Wow I went to mavtalk...it's fucking hilarious how much better some of them think they are because they live in Dallas.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
05-22-2006, 12:12 AM

:lmao :lmao

Are you fucking kidding me?

Not only do you have Mush on your team, but you trump that with having Stack on it as well...

Implosion imminent...