PDA

View Full Version : Is Jason Terry a Genius?

timvp
05-20-2006, 06:18 PM
Think about it. He's a free-agent this summer. There's been a lot of talk that the Mavs would let him walk because Devin Harris is ready to take over. Harris, who has been playing very well against the Spurs, looks more than to take the lead role.

Terry then comes up with the genius scheme to get suspended for a game to show the Mavs just how much they need him. The Mavs' offense struggles in a Game 6 loss to the Spurs.

The person who benefits the most on the Mavs?

Jason Terry, who will now probably get a big contract from the Mavs this offseason since it's pretty obvious that Harris isn't the answer quite yet.

:wow

:drunk

exstatic
05-20-2006, 06:21 PM
Terry's never going to lead anyone anywhere. Harris might, but not until he's given the keys. The Mavs should let him take over the point, and roll with the punches like the Spurs did in 2001 with Parker.

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-20-2006, 06:21 PM
Terry wants to be a Nugget, thats the only reason for the 'nut' incident.......

Evans and Terry together and all of a sudden the other team is busy just making sure their packages don't get damaged. Its the perfect distraction plan :smokin

CosmicCowboy
05-20-2006, 06:22 PM
I don't think JT planned it but Harris looked like a deer in the headlights last night. My question is if he just couldn't deliver or Spurs are finally figuring out smallball. I obviously hope for the latter.

exstatic
05-20-2006, 06:23 PM
CC - they went under all screens on him so that Parker was never left on Dirk after a switch. Pop is a "Real man of genius". :smokin

Parker also looked like a deer in the headlights in round 2 in 2002. He is now an All Star.

sa_butta
05-20-2006, 06:24 PM
Harris is definitely not the answer, but I have a problem calling JT genius.

ShoogarBear
05-20-2006, 06:25 PM
Terry wants to be a Nugget, thats the only reason for the 'nut' incident.......

Evans and Terry together and all of a sudden the other team is busy just making sure their packages don't get damaged. Its the perfect distraction plan :smokin:lol

They can be renamed the Denver Nutgets.

exstatic
05-20-2006, 06:25 PM
Harris is definitely not the answer, but I have a problem calling JT genius.
Dude, it's his second year. PGs take like 5-6 to develop.

Spurs Dynasty
05-20-2006, 06:27 PM
Think about it. He's a free-agent this summer. There's been a lot of talk that the Mavs would let him walk because Devin Harris is ready to take over. Harris, who has been playing very well against the Spurs, looks more than to take the lead role.

Terry then comes up with the genius scheme to get suspended for a game to show the Mavs just how much they need him. The Mavs' offense struggles in a Game 6 loss to the Spurs.

The person who benefits the most on the Mavs?

Jason Terry, who will now probably get a big contract from the Mavs this offseason since it's pretty obvious that Harris isn't the answer quite yet.

:wow

:drunk

Dont know but you can bet your ass they will be booing him on his return !

sa_butta
05-20-2006, 06:27 PM
Dude, it's his second year. PGs take like 5-6 to develop.I meant not a fix for next season, if JT is out. I realize he has potential, but would not want him starting during next years playoffs.

Melmart1
05-20-2006, 06:34 PM
:lol

I wonder what their logo would look like? :angel

BgT
05-20-2006, 06:36 PM
No, he is not a genius. If he would've read your post, timvp, he probably wouldn't understand the plan. To actually create this plan himself is another planet.

RON ARTEST
05-20-2006, 06:39 PM
I don't think JT planned it but Harris looked like a deer in the headlights last night. My question is if he just couldn't deliver or Spurs are finally figuring out smallball. I obviously hope for the latter.
i dont think the spurs figured out anything. i think harris just missed alot of easy shots.

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-20-2006, 06:42 PM
:lol

:lol that would be great....

and we can sell hats that have some nuts hanging down and they make a squealing sound when you grab or punch them :smokin

ok, i have put way too much thought into this :fro

BgT
05-20-2006, 06:46 PM
i dont think the spurs figured out anything. i think harris just missed alot of easy shots.
You think too much. And it shows.

ducks
05-20-2006, 06:53 PM
I think jet has no brains
he admitted to the punch after his boss acts like an ass
now cuban looks like more of one
ps he does not have enough brains to get suspened on purchase for bigger contract

he beat the spurs cuban would have opened up the vault

Solid D
05-20-2006, 06:58 PM
:lol Funny, timvp.

No, he's not a genius. All of Big D was ready to re-sign Jason to a lucrative multi-year deal on Tuesday after his incredible shooting performance the night before. I'm sure many of those fans were at the very least, wishing Jason had been able to control himself a little better after game 5. I don't think he raised or lowered his value, just maybe his street cred bumped up a bit.

picnroll
05-20-2006, 07:01 PM
They say it's nearly impossible to write or say a totally unique staement but I think by linking Jason Terry and genius without an intervening negative you've done it. :clap

ducks
05-20-2006, 07:02 PM
someone mention terry wanted around 11 million a year?
would cuban pay him that after he would not with nash?

BgT
05-20-2006, 07:10 PM
someone mention terry wanted around 11 million a year?
would cuban pay him that after he would not with nash?
It's Cuban. Everything is possible.

SPARKY
05-20-2006, 07:30 PM
The idol of white middle-aged upper class Dallasites. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9flC3GZm2lU&search=jason%20terry)

Dunc
05-20-2006, 07:32 PM
They say it's nearly impossible to write or say a totally unique staement but I think by linking Jason Terry and genius without an intervening negative you've done it. :clap

:lmao

clubalien
05-20-2006, 07:37 PM
nash>terry

Vashner
05-20-2006, 07:39 PM
Free advertising.

Russ
05-20-2006, 07:46 PM
An IQ contest between Jason Terry and Lamar Odom would be like a dead heat on a merry-go-round.

Genius? Rather than show Dallas how much they need him, my guess is that Terry's quest for recognition will lead him to try to do too much and become a human turnover machine.

The Spurs probably already know that and are planning to bait him into a series of traps.

I don't think you can beat the Spurs in big games with dumb players, who lose their cool, especially at point guard.

T Park
05-20-2006, 07:49 PM
Jason Terry is many things.

A genius?

Great googly moogly....

grjr
05-20-2006, 07:59 PM
I wonder what their logo would look like? :angel

Not sure...but here is their mascot.

http://www.bradmesser.com/images2005a/squirrel_nuts.jpg

Holmes_Fans
05-20-2006, 08:08 PM
I don't see Jason Terry leaving dallas for $$$ like Nash did. Dallas was his favorite team as a kid and has always wanted to play here. He won't pull a Joe Johnson either and go back to a shitty team.