PDA

View Full Version : If We Win This Serie w/ SmallBall, Dallas is totally owned

DuncanInYourFace
05-20-2006, 07:40 PM
I mean seriously, smallball really isn't SA's bag, but Pop switched to it b/c he panicked after game 2. Dallas is younger, faster, and better at jumpshooting, and have been playing these lineups all year. For us to come in here, change our lineup a bazillion times and still win, well, that just proves that the Mavs are the ultimate chokers in the NBA.

zrinkill
05-20-2006, 07:43 PM
+1

mavsfan1000
05-20-2006, 07:57 PM
Small ball is actually what has changed this series. Finley has given Dirk some major problems. SF's give Dirk problems just like last year and Popovich was smart to change his lineup.

DDS4
05-20-2006, 07:58 PM
Small ball is actually what has changed this series. Finley has given Dirk some major problems. SF's give Dirk problems just like last year and Popovich was smart to change his lineup.

Funny how small ball has divided this board. Or maybe it was the 1-3 deficit speaking.

DuncanInYourFace
05-20-2006, 08:02 PM

Well, obviously Pop is smarter than I am at bball, I was against this whole small ball deal from the get-go.

Frankly I still don't understand how we are messing you guys up with a small lineup, I just still don't believe our small lineups are that good compared to Dallas. But w/e if it works I can't complain, that's why I'm a fan and not a coach of the defending champs

Leetonidas
05-20-2006, 08:06 PM

Didn't you once say how Avery developed Dirk's post game and if Bowen or a SF guarded him, Dirk would own them?

DuncanInYourFace
05-20-2006, 08:12 PM
Didn't you once say how Avery developed Dirk's post game and if Bowen or a SF guarded him, Dirk would own them?

LOL

I saw Dirk's post game this series...........

ON A MILK CARTON

mavsfan1000
05-20-2006, 08:13 PM
Dirk has no post game. He is a SF and is taking advantage of being a power forward.

Spurs Dynasty 21
05-20-2006, 08:14 PM
there is NO if, the Spurs WILL win GM7

we must believe

Obstructed_View
05-21-2006, 12:09 PM
I mean seriously, smallball really isn't SA's bag, but Pop switched to it b/c he panicked after game 2. Dallas is younger, faster, and better at jumpshooting, and have been playing these lineups all year. For us to come in here, change our lineup a bazillion times and still win, well, that just proves that the Mavs are the ultimate chokers in the NBA.
I was thinking the same thing. If the Spurs pull this off, it really is like beating somebody up with a hand tied behind your back. Everybody up here has been saying that Dallas is younger, faster, and better. The Mavs have zero excuses to lose, although the owner will always manage to find some.

orhe
05-21-2006, 12:53 PM
dude the problem w/ the mavericks small ball is their shooting guards really aren't as talented as manu and parker driving to the hole... i mean Manu decimated the pistons defense last year that had rasheed and ben wallace... that's the difference...

harris is like a younger version of tony parker he can drive when the defense ain't as tight... but when we crowd the lane (which would be more open w/ JT in the game) harris can't do shit.

Howard likes to take jumpshots more than driving to the hole...

Crackhouse is well dumb...

if only you had Manu :)

Obstructed_View
05-21-2006, 01:00 PM
Orhe, last I checked, the Mavericks don't play small ball. They start two seven footers and rotate two more into the game.

And Devin Harris is a whole year younger than Tony Parker.

orhe
05-21-2006, 01:26 PM
well i don't know about nowitzki... he plays like a small forward :)

well anyway i have to clear it up. the mavs force people to play them small... if their smalls were as good as our smalls they blow us up any time... because there is no way we can defend penetration for the whole game w/ only Duncan or Ro Ho to clog up the lane for us.

Obstructed_View
05-21-2006, 01:37 PM
playing small ball is fucking stupid

if the spurs win the rest of their games without rasho or nazr, i might change my mind

but until then

FIRE POP
If the Spurs win the title without Rasho or Nazr it won't change my mind, but I can manage not to care how they do it as long as they win.

orhe
05-21-2006, 02:01 PM
guys don't see the fact that we have to play small ball because our centers are so inept offensively and we can't have duncan/horry guarding dirk the whole game

Cant_Be_Faded
05-21-2006, 02:09 PM
I still think Small Ball is a fool's gameplan, but who am I to scoff it if it continues to work.

Howeva
rememba that time mavericks had the spurs down 3-1 due to pop's small ball

Obstructed_View
05-21-2006, 02:14 PM
guys don't see the fact that we have to play small ball because our centers are so inept offensively and we can't have duncan/horry guarding dirk the whole game
Actually, what people aren't seeing is the fact that the centers aren't even in the rotation, meaning they aren't even going in when Horry and Duncan are out.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-21-2006, 02:15 PM
Spurs were known as one of the most elite teams of this era after successfully running against Phoenix and winning. Amare averaged 50 points a game. But we won.

This year, if spurs beat Dallas going small, we will be known as the Chameleons of the nba. Chamillionares even.

Future41534
05-21-2006, 02:16 PM
You can't consider Dallas owned in smallball.Terry was suspended for our greatest chance to finish you guys off.That single handly could of cost us the series.Terrys our best small ball player so I dont think you can call us owned.

TonyC
05-21-2006, 02:17 PM

Its not choking buddy...it's called good coaching. Why don't you give your coach a little credit. Spurs fans.....gaww

Obstructed_View
05-21-2006, 02:22 PM
Its not choking buddy...it's called good coaching. Why don't you give your coach a little credit. Spurs fans.....gaww
You and your fucking idiot brethren, all the way to your owner, can't give anyone credit for beating your shitty little crybaby team. Pot meet kettle.

TonyC
05-21-2006, 02:25 PM
You and your fucking idiot brethren, all the way to your owner, can't give anyone credit for beating your shitty little crybaby team. Pot meet kettle.

Whoah...easy buddy. Sorry I was taking up for Popo-zit. Last time I'll ever do that. You shall have a front row seat at Monday nights Maverick win. Get ready for the whole city to cry as one and flood over that muddy-ass riverwalk. CALL THE RED CROSS!!!! Here comes the flood.....Bitches!!

Josh810
05-21-2006, 02:27 PM
You can't consider Dallas owned in smallball.Terry was suspended for our greatest chance to finish you guys off.That single handly could of cost us the series.Terrys our best small ball player so I dont think you can call us owned.
I agree that neither team will be "owned" after this series, however it was no one's fault but Terry's that he was suspended. You can blame him for the second year in a row for screwing your team over if you lose on Monday night, not the league office.

Future41534
05-21-2006, 02:28 PM
Second year in arow?How?Last year he was the single reason we beat Houston.Dirk choked monkeyballs.

MavsFFL
05-21-2006, 02:33 PM
Second year in arow?How?Last year he was the single reason we beat Houston.Dirk choked monkeyballs.

So backing off the MVP in the closing seconds of Game 6 up by three was a CLUTCH play? JT played great against Rox, but blew it against PHX. As for Dirk, he shd have played better, but Marion and McGrady both played very good defense against him. Dirk was still by far our best player in the playoffs last year.

Future41534
05-21-2006, 02:36 PM
Are you kidding?Did you even watch the playoffs last year. JET was the reason we got past the first round last year.Dirk went like 0-6 in Ot that game.Our season was to blame on Dirk.Dirk wasn't even guarded by Mcgrady.HE had scrubs Ryan Bowen on him.It was pitiful display.

Josh810
05-21-2006, 02:45 PM
Who cares about the 1st round?? :lol

Future41534
05-21-2006, 02:46 PM
The Kings Lakers Nuggets Grizz Bulls Bucks Wizards and Pacers

Josh810
05-21-2006, 02:49 PM
Jason Terry made the big mistake last year when it counted. Bottom line. But everyone is going to be there for game 7, so how would that suspension have even cost them the series? Score starts out 0-0 tomorrow night.

Future41534
05-21-2006, 02:50 PM
Because our second leading scorer was absent for our biggest chance to win the series as I already said.

Josh810
05-21-2006, 02:52 PM
Because our second leading scorer was absent for our biggest chance to win the series as I already said.
And whose fault was that?

Future41534
05-21-2006, 02:54 PM
What point are you tring to make.I already said that TErry is out blame for this series, not last year.

samikeyp
05-21-2006, 02:56 PM
Who cares about the 1st round??

anyone who is in the lottery.

MavsFFL
05-21-2006, 03:04 PM
First, I apologize to the forum for the off-topic content here. And I agree with those Spurs fans that say that JET's suspension will not cost the Mavs the series -- and it would be JET's fault even if it did. But, I fear I must go back to respond to the espoused wisdom by one of my Mavs' brethren...

Are you kidding?Did you even watch the playoffs last year. JET was the reason we got past the first round last year.Dirk went like 0-6 in Ot that game.Our season was to blame on Dirk.Dirk wasn't even guarded by Mcgrady.HE had scrubs Ryan Bowen on him.It was pitiful display.

I LOVE the "did you even watch the game" quote as a rhetorical device. Very compelling reasoning. I'll answer your question: Yes, I am a Mavericks season ticket holder, and I watched every playoff game, along with almost all 82 regular season games and most of the preseason games for each of the last 15 years or so. Ryan Bowen guarded Dirk in Games 1 and 2 of the Rockets series, and McGrady guarded him the rest of the time. Dirk played poorly by his standards in both series -- that much I agree with you about. To say he "choked monkeyballs" goes way too far, however.

OK, I'm done. Whatever he says from here on out, I won't derail the thread any further.

Future41534
05-21-2006, 03:06 PM
Good, I win.

samikeyp
05-21-2006, 03:07 PM
I don't think it will be Terry's fault if they lose the series. They could have, and almost did win Game 6. The Mavs are too good as a team to have their fortunes solely rest on Jason Terry.

Melmart1
05-21-2006, 03:09 PM
I always laugh at people who say "if we had so-and-so in the lineup we would have won". This is pure conjecture. How do you know Terry would have had a good game? How do you know that he wouldn't have choked, fouled out, or just had an off-night? You don't know, and because of his stupidity, you never will.

td4mvp21
05-21-2006, 03:10 PM
I always laugh at people who say "if we had so-and-so in the lineup we would have won". This is pure conjecture. How do you know Terry would have had a good game? How do you know that he wouldn't have choked, fouled out, or just had an off-night? You don't know, and because of his stupidity, you never will.
:tu

Future41534
05-21-2006, 03:10 PM
Your right, but you can at least give him 50% of it.He did a good ting by apologizing to each of his teamates personally, but that doesn't help how they play.You can give stack some of the blame, because we were one stupid stack shot from sweeping you guys.

samikeyp
05-21-2006, 03:11 PM
and "we" (what position did you play) were a missed Duncan shot away from tying the series and then winning in 6.

samikeyp
05-21-2006, 03:13 PM
50% is too much credit for Terry. Mavs are better than that.

Future41534
05-21-2006, 03:15 PM
Not in the postseason. If the mavs lose game 7, it may be one of the biggest embarassments in mavs history.If we win, I say its the best mavs victory other than moody madness.