PDA

View Full Version : If Dallas did make it past us in Game 7...

flipcritic
05-20-2006, 10:09 PM
(Please don't blame me of trying to jinx)

... who would you root for? Dallas or Detroit? I know there is a lot of respect for Motown here. But is there any love for AJ if he gets past us? Just wondering.

dav4463
05-20-2006, 10:15 PM
I would root for Satan over Dallas.

phyzik
05-20-2006, 10:19 PM
After all the crap said by Cuban and AJ.... I think I'll root for ANY team they would run into..... but thats a moot point because their playoff season ends monday.

Spurs Dynasty
05-20-2006, 10:20 PM

Satan owns Mavs in case you havent noticed

Spurs Dynasty
05-20-2006, 10:24 PM
I have VERY mixed feelings. I like the Mavs as a team and (used to) love AJ... and used to live in Dallas so my feelings to date have been to root for Dallas after Spurs.

However, Cuban has me soo turned off and disgusted, it will be tough. If i can somehow manage to get that ass out of my mind, i can root for Dallas.

But, dont think i will need to worry about it !

greyforest
05-20-2006, 10:25 PM
pistons

MaNuMaNiAc
05-20-2006, 10:27 PM
Pistons by a freaking mile! The Mavs, although a good team, are a disgusting bunch whinners, starting with that moron they have for owner.

Leetonidas
05-20-2006, 10:28 PM
Let's put it this way;

If I wasn't a Spurs fan, I'd be a Pistons fan.

thispego
05-20-2006, 10:29 PM
miami

Frank Brickowski
05-20-2006, 10:32 PM

:lol

Kong
05-20-2006, 10:45 PM
Wouldn't matter to me. The season would be over and I would be waiting for October for basketball, watch baseball, and wait for the Aggies and Cowboys.

Spurs ain't playing, I ain't interested.

Quasar
05-20-2006, 11:09 PM
This is not the time to be thinking such thoughts.

You should BELIEVE and think about what will happen after we WIN.

I'm with Kong. No spurs, no b-ball for me.

J.T.
05-20-2006, 11:12 PM
http://webpages.acs.ttu.edu/charshey/pics/ThisThreadSucks.jpg

Spurs Dynasty
05-20-2006, 11:16 PM
I dont want to start a thread for this , but what is the MFFL mean from Dallas?

SA Gunslinger
05-20-2006, 11:17 PM
http://webpages.acs.ttu.edu/charshey/pics/ThisThreadSucks.jpg

I concur.

WTF?

This poster sounds like a Mavs Fan.

J.T.
05-20-2006, 11:21 PM
I dont want to start a thread for this , but what is the MFFL mean from Dallas?

Mavs Fans are Fucking Lame

Spurs Dynasty
05-20-2006, 11:23 PM
Mavs Fans are Fucking Lame

:lol :lol

Kori Ellis
05-20-2006, 11:24 PM
:lol Mavs Fan For Life

By the way, this is the 6th time a similar thread to this has been started since this series started :lol

timvp
05-20-2006, 11:24 PM
Anybody but Dallas.

pking
05-21-2006, 12:15 AM
I'm surprised.

I figured fans would want the team that beat them to win so at least they got beat by the best.

SilverPlayer
05-21-2006, 12:40 AM
I'm surprised.

I figured fans would want the team that beat them to win so at least they got beat by the best.

Normally yes, your team however has not earned that privledge. You guys have been the worst set of fans I have ever run into. Your team, franchise and fans need to mature, and go through the growing pains before they make it to the big game. In other words I hope this is the series that resembles our 95 series against houston. Come back more humble next year, and you won't be too far from winning a championship.

I'm hoping we're good enough to humble your team and franchise for just a few more years.

pking
05-21-2006, 12:50 AM
You obviously have not read any of my posts. I have more respect for your team than any other Mavs fan that visits this place.

I think you guys have an unfortunate view of our fans because of some of the jackasses that visit this place. You hear this horror stories of how Spurs fans get treated at our place but nobody knows where the source is.. a friend of a friend told me that his cousins girlfriends sister in law said she got spit on at a Mavs game. Man, Spurs fans were doing nothing but calling names and talking crap at our house last night. I was there. It didn't really bother me (not a fan of the name talking, but hell yea.. be proud of your team, I get it), it's part of the sporting scene in my opinion. Annoying, not gonna act like it's not...but it's understandable.

I don't really understand where you get that the team needs to mature. The players are for the most part, fine. Not any less mature than any other NBA team. Ownership..Cuban, yea. I see your point. I am, however, a Cuban fan. I love his antics, I think he's hilarious. I disagree with a lot of what he says.

No need to get into a debate about it, though. You're from the 'other side' :lol so you'll never agree with most of what I say.

TonyC
05-21-2006, 12:52 AM

Thats great...I love this topic.

TonyC
05-21-2006, 12:54 AM
You obviously have not read any of my posts. I have more respect for your team than any other Mavs fan that visits this place.

I think you guys have an unfortunate view of our fans because of some of the jackasses that visit this place. You hear this horror stories of how Spurs fans get treated at our place but nobody knows where the source is.. a friend of a friend told me that his cousins girlfriends sister in law said she got spit on at a Mavs game. Man, Spurs fans were doing nothing but calling names and talking crap at our house last night. I was there. It didn't really bother me (not a fan of the name talking, but hell yea.. be proud of your team, I get it), it's part of the sporting scene in my opinion. Annoying, not gonna act like it's not...but it's understandable.

I don't really understand where you get that the team needs to mature. The players are for the most part, fine. Not any less mature than any other NBA team. Ownership..Cuban, yea. I see your point. I am, however, a Cuban fan. I love his antics, I think he's hilarious. I disagree with a lot of what he says.

No need to get into a debate about it, though. You're from the 'other side' :lol so you'll never agree with most of what I say.

Dude, whatever. I was in SA for game 2 and 5. Spurs fans talk a lot of shit. One guy told me the 'ole "theres nothing in dallas but steers and queers, and i don't see any horns." Good one old man. People were talking all kinds of shit. That lady that got spit on probably deserved it.

TonyC
05-21-2006, 12:57 AM
Normally yes, your team however has not earned that privledge. You guys have been the worst set of fans I have ever run into. Your team, franchise and fans need to mature, and go through the growing pains before they make it to the big game. In other words I hope this is the series that resembles our 95 series against houston. Come back more humble next year, and you won't be too far from winning a championship.

I'm hoping we're good enough to humble your team and franchise for just a few more years.

And don't make an assumption of our fan base because you got your feelings hurt by what Mark Cuban said. We have a lot of pride for our team.

SilverPlayer
05-21-2006, 12:58 AM
Nah I agree with you....but there is something about going through the heartbreak first before you experience the glory. Trust me on this, It will make winning in a few years better. I hope Dirk eventually gets one, he has shown this series he is probably worthy of at least getting to the finals, but not this year.

My biggest problem so far is the lack of respect most of your fans have shown towards this team. You can't beat us until you respect us enough to know you shouldn't run your mouth against us. It's the year Stackhouse doesn't stand over Finley when he dunks over him. Then you will earn my respect enough for me to cheer for you.

pking
05-21-2006, 01:01 AM
Dude, whatever. I was in SA for game 2 and 5. Spurs fans talk a lot of shit. One guy told me the 'ole "theres nothing in dallas but steers and queers, and i don't see any horns." Good one old man. People were talking all kinds of shit. That lady that got spit on probably deserved it.

I didn't say Spurs fans weren't guilty of the same kind of stuff. I was being sarcastic about the people that got spit on.

I'm kind of confused :lol

J.T.
05-21-2006, 01:02 AM
Let's put it this way. If a team knocks the Spurs out of the playoffs, they are on my shit list forever. If you beat the Spurs, why the hell should I root for you? You knocked my team out of the playoffs. So I am supposed to be some other teams fan after that? Fuck that. If a team beats the Spurs, they deserve a royal ass pounding by whichever team comes along next. I fucking loved every minute of the 2004 Finals because the Lakers got OWNED.

But get this piece of shit thread out of here. Seriously. Now is not the time for shit like this.

pking
05-21-2006, 01:05 AM
Nah I agree with you....but there is something about going through the heartbreak first before you experience the glory. Trust me on this, It will make winning in a few years better. I hope Dirk eventually gets one, he has shown this series he is probably worthy of at least getting to the finals, but not this year.

My biggest problem so far is the lack of respect most of your fans have shown towards this team. You can't beat us until you respect us enough to know you shouldn't run your mouth against us. It's the year Stackhouse doesn't stand over Finley when he dunks over him. Then you will earn my respect enough for me to cheer for you.

See, that's hard for me to understand your point because most of the people I associate with respect the Spurs like crazy.

Honestly, big Mavs fans that really know something about basketball and our team...like 80% of them want Stack gone lol Honestly though, I didn't think that was that big of a deal. Stupid, yea. Immature, yea. But it was about 1.5 seconds. If he had glared at him and stood over him for a long time, I would've thought it was a bigger deal. I was actually surprised that he got a T considering it was barely noticable. In fact, I didn't even realize what had happened until he got T'd up. I'm not saying there's nothing wrong with what he did -- I'm just saying I didn't think it was a huge deal.

Stack can be a schmuck.

Trainwreck2100
05-21-2006, 01:05 AM
For the twelf time No

TonyC
05-21-2006, 01:07 AM

It's the NBA. Stackhouse and Finley have been in the league long enough to respect each other. Everyone thought Dallas was going to lose this series...we're the one that didn't get the respect initially. Stackhouse was showing SA what to expect. That called being competitive. We know the Spurs are good and we respect them in that sense. But a ferocious dunk....you gotta shut the fans up in the away venue. I guess a Finley basketball head but is ok?? Wish he would have done that in Dallas....

pking
05-21-2006, 01:08 AM
I guess a Finley basketball head but is ok??....

That also crossed my mind.

TonyC
05-21-2006, 01:08 AM
See, that's hard for me to understand your point because most of the people I associate with respect the Spurs like crazy.

Honestly, big Mavs fans that really know something about basketball and our team...like 80% of them want Stack gone lol Honestly though, I didn't think that was that big of a deal. Stupid, yea. Immature, yea. But it was about 1.5 seconds. If he had glared at him and stood over him for a long time, I would've thought it was a bigger deal. I was actually surprised that he got a T considering it was barely noticable. In fact, I didn't even realize what had happened until he got T'd up. I'm not saying there's nothing wrong with what he did -- I'm just saying I didn't think it was a huge deal.

Stack can be a schmuck.

Now way...Stack is a huge part of our team this post season. YOu should accept any punks from the mavs to the spurs anytime...no matter who the player is...it's our rival.

pking
05-21-2006, 01:13 AM
Now way...Stack is a huge part of our team this post season. YOu should accept any punks from the mavs to the spurs anytime...no matter who the player is...it's our rival.

OK, whatever you say.

pking
05-21-2006, 01:15 AM
Oh, and I'm not saying 'I hate Stack' ... I don't.

I do think that he's had a decent post season for us, but good lord he's a ballhog. The post season has been relatively good for him in comparison to the regular season. Which I guess is a bonus.

He's a ballhog, he's somewhat a shit-talker, he thinks he's the best player on the court at all times.

migs21
05-21-2006, 01:28 AM
Let's hope spurs will win game 7 @ home...

Nbadan
05-21-2006, 01:30 AM
Stack is a black-hole with the ball. Look around, when Stack gets the ball his teammates stop moving. Who does he think he is, Tim Duncan?

TonyC
05-21-2006, 01:33 AM
Stack is a black-hole with the ball. Look around, when Stack gets the ball his teammates stop moving. Who does he think he is, Tim Duncan?

True and true.....but he's got the confidence we're going to need here. He's shot well the whole series except for game 6. In Stack i trust...at least this year.

Nbadan
05-21-2006, 01:37 AM
True and true.....but he's got the confidence we're going to need here. He's shot well the whole series except for game 6. In Stack i trust...at least this year.

If I was Avery, I would have my young guards run those figure 8's with the ball on offense like the Harlem Globetrotters until Manu, Tony, and Mike say uncle.

:lol