Crowd getting into it
Rebouding
Coming out with lots of energy
Duncan being duncan
forget the refs just play

orhe
05-20-2006, 11:11 PM
defense

seriously we need Duncan and TP to play BETTER and manu to do what he normally does
dallas with jason terry is just so much more dangerous

ducks
05-20-2006, 11:12 PM
do not boo jason terry
if he is like mike finley it might make him play better

Kori Ellis
05-20-2006, 11:12 PM
Attack the rim.
Don't miss any defensive rotations.
Take care of the basketball.
Hit the glass.
Just win baby.

ducks
05-20-2006, 11:13 PM
dallas is not going to roll over and die
spur players better realize that
that might be the biggest key

conqueso
05-20-2006, 11:24 PM
TP getting off to a good start
Crowd getting into it
Rebouding
Coming out with lots of energy
Duncan being duncan
forget the refs just play

I think it's more important for Duncan to get off to a good start, especially from the line. If he hits his first two shots, it's usually a good indication that he's going to have a beast game. Also, if he makes a bunch of his free throws early on, he has more confidence when he takes a bunch in the fourth. If he starts missing jumpers and misses enough, he'll start passing up open looks, and that's bad.

I'm not sure if rebounding is all that important either. The Spurs have been outrebounded in each individual game in this series, and overall 244-217. Spurs just aren't that good of a rebounding team when they play small ball, but we've still been able to win half the games we got outrebounded in.

I agree, Spurs have to start the game with lots of energy. But Pop has stated that one of his most often used strategies when he knows the other team is going to come out of the gate like a locomotive is to just try to weather the storm and stay close until the end of each half, and then turn it on. Dallas is going to be pumped on Monday, make no mistake about that. Hopefully the Spurs will be able to execute when it really counts.

And yes, forget the refs. Those guys swallowed their whistles in the fourth quarter of game six, didn't call shit, and let the two teams fight it out. Let's hope the refs give the players more freedom on both ends in game 7, but if they don't, let's not all flip out about it. Yes, the refs suck. They've always sucked. In fact, all referees suck. They're just like politicians. But that's the nature of basketball, so you kinda just have to accept it as a reality and move on.

DuncanInYourFace
05-21-2006, 12:00 AM
Main Strat for success: Only play hard enough to keep it close until the 4th, then turn on the burners in the 4th, and Dallas won't know how to respond.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-21-2006, 12:03 AM
I think it's more important for Duncan to get off to a good start, especially from the line. If he hits his first two shots, it's usually a good indication that he's going to have a beast game. Also, if he makes a bunch of his free throws early on, he has more confidence when he takes a bunch in the fourth. If he starts missing jumpers and misses enough, he'll start passing up open looks, and that's bad.

I'm not sure if rebounding is all that important either. The Spurs have been outrebounded in each individual game in this series, and overall 244-217. Spurs just aren't that good of a rebounding team when they play small ball, but we've still been able to win half the games we got outrebounded in.

I agree, Spurs have to start the game with lots of energy. But Pop has stated that one of his most often used strategies when he knows the other team is going to come out of the gate like a locomotive is to just try to weather the storm and stay close until the end of each half, and then turn it on. Dallas is going to be pumped on Monday, make no mistake about that. Hopefully the Spurs will be able to execute when it really counts.

And yes, forget the refs. Those guys swallowed their whistles in the fourth quarter of game six, didn't call shit, and let the two teams fight it out. Let's hope the refs give the players more freedom on both ends in game 7, but if they don't, let's not all flip out about it. Yes, the refs suck. They've always sucked. In fact, all referees suck. They're just like politicians. But that's the nature of basketball, so you kinda just have to accept it as a reality and move on.
:tu

We've always have 3 less total rebounds at the end of these games, but I think Manu's concern for them in game 6, were crucial in us coming up on top....We need just enough rebounds in keeping with the Mavs....

I'm confident that the Spurs will do what they gotta do to put the Mavs away on Monday...BELIEVEE....

--
But as for us Fans...we're gonna have lots of ulcers in the next 48 hours. But that's the way it goes... GO SPURS GO!

Vashner
05-21-2006, 12:04 AM
There is only one key to the next RINGS!!..

D FENCE .....

It's all about the D.

J.T.
05-21-2006, 12:38 AM
Lure Jason Terry into balls punching scenarios :lol

pking
05-21-2006, 12:39 AM
dallas is not going to roll over and die
spur players better realize that
that might be the biggest key

Spurs fans, for the most part so far, don't realize that.

leemajors
05-21-2006, 12:41 AM

mav fans have been guilty of this since game 4. i think most spur fans agreed with pop in the postgame of game 6, where he said he expecting nothing less than a game coming down to the last few posessions - the teams are too evenly matched for it to be any other way.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-21-2006, 12:49 AM
I think these ones you're referring to are the same fans that are the ones griping and giving up on a whim, on any sign of "peril"/ and re-emerging in victory...To hell with their opinions.

Dallas will be a force on game 7...and the Spurs just have to dig down and play the game and overcome them again. We can't take for granted that the Spurs almost lost their grip before the 2nd half on Friday, and we coulda been all killing each other in this forum tearing into all the players.

The more sensible fans display confidence but respect the opposition.

pking
05-21-2006, 12:59 AM
I think these ones you're referring to are the same fans that are the ones griping and giving up on a whim, on any sign of "peril"/ and re-emerging in victory...To hell with their opinions.

Dallas will be a force on game 7...and the Spurs just have to dig down and play the game and overcome them again. We can't take for granted that the Spurs almost lost their grip before the 2nd half on Friday, and we coulda been all killing each other in this forum tearing into all the players.

The more sensible fans display confidence but respect the opposition.

You are probably right. I was laughing at the Spurs fans that said 'it's over' after we went up 3-1.

I would say that my stance is just what your last line says -- I'm confident in my team but I have a GREAT amount of respect for the Spurs.

I, for one, was not one of the Dallas fans that was guilty of that. Like I said, when Spurs fans were falling off after we went up 3-1, I thought it was hilarious. I don't think any sensable Mavs fan thought it was going to be easy street at that point. Sure, the thought of taking them out in the 5th game crossed our mind. None of us really expected to go up 3-1, so why not expect the unexpected and take them out ASAP, eh? You know what I mean? But I don't think Mavs fans, in general (maybe the shittalking trolls that show up here), thought that we were in the clear after going up 3-1.

Nbadan
05-21-2006, 01:09 AM
Tony Parker's health is the key. If he can help close down Jason Terry and Harris the Spurs chances go up expotentially. Other than that I can't say the Spurs have been doing to much wrong. Protect the ball a little better and keep getting in those Mav's passing lanes.

flipcritic
05-21-2006, 01:13 AM
Cut down on turnovers (to prevent more fastbreak opportunities, which Dallas is terrific at), and be as solid on the last two games on transition defense. I just pray Pop kind find a way to keep defensive pressure on Terry. Limiting him is the key.

RealEstateDude
05-21-2006, 01:16 AM
Rebounds and take aways turn me on...

DuncanInYourFace
05-21-2006, 01:18 AM
If Parker stops taking garbage shots we should be ok.

Same goes for NVE.

I don't mind NVE being in as long as he doesnt shoot.

TonyC
05-21-2006, 01:22 AM
Ok guys...heres the SA game plan.
1. Give Tim the ball...have him back into Diop or Damp real aggressively . Make a spin move and throw up a prayer. Hopefully it will bounce around the rim a few times and fall in like it always does. Lets hope that this will also cause a shooting foul even though the Mavs defenders didn't even foul Duncan...

2. If that doesn't work, pass ti Ginobili, he'll makea real spaztic move and drive to the rim. He'll also throw up a prayer and then fall to ground like he was just knocked out by mike tyson. Hopefully that shot will go in as well.

3. Third option. If Parker is ready to play and is not too busy worried about if Eva loves him or not, we'll give him the ball at the three point line...oh wait...don't. Just have him drive and throw a tear drop oversomeones head...hopefully Diop so we can get some quick foul on him. Please don't travel Tony!!

4. This option is to our old pal Finley. We'll give him the ball at the three point line. make sure that dirk is in his face and he'll throw up the three ball.....swish...works everytime. Don't know how it goes in, but it does. Time and time again.

Go Mavs!!

Nbadan
05-21-2006, 01:28 AM
Ok guys...heres the SA game plan.
1. Give Tim the ball...have him back into Diop or Damp real aggressively . Make a spin move and throw up a prayer. Hopefully it will bounce around the rim a few times and fall in like it always does. Lets hope that this will also cause a shooting foul even though the Mavs defenders didn't even foul Duncan...

2. If that doesn't work, pass ti Ginobili, he'll makea real spaztic move and drive to the rim. He'll also throw up a prayer and then fall to ground like he was just knocked out by mike tyson. Hopefully that shot will go in as well.

3. Third option. If Parker is ready to play and is not too busy worried about if Eva loves him or not, we'll give him the ball at the three point line...oh wait...don't. Just have him drive and throw a tear drop oversomeones head...hopefully Diop so we can get some quick foul on him. Please don't travel Tony!!

4. This option is to our old pal Finley. We'll give him the ball at the three point line. make sure that dirk is in his face and he'll throw up the three ball.....swish...works everytime. Don't know how it goes in, but it does. Time and time again.

Go Mavs!!

That's still 4x better than 4-down. Don't you know the Spurs won their first championship running only one offensive play?

TonyC
05-21-2006, 01:30 AM
That's still 4x better than 4-down. Don't you know the Spurs won their first championship running only one offensive play?

I would probably leave your first title out of this......no more comments on that one please.

Mavs<Spurs
05-21-2006, 01:57 AM
It must be tough when you're a Mavs fan staring at an empty trophy case.

Must be really desperate when you are trying to put down the abilities and skill of Tim Duncan.

Tim's shooting percentage has been consistently high through out his career. So, it is probably not luck that it goes in. And of course, we're just going to accept your perspective that most of the fouls against the Mavs when they were guarding Tim Duncan weren't actually fouls since you say so.

If you can't do any better than this, you must not think that your team is very good.

Mavs<Spurs
05-21-2006, 02:00 AM
Tim and Manu must have very good games.

Tony must limit his turnovers.

Tony must contest Jason Terry's shots well.

Defend the paint well and limit their offensive rebounds.

TonyC
05-21-2006, 02:01 AM
It must be tough when you're a Mavs fan staring at an empty trophy case.

Must be really desperate when you are trying to put down the abilities and skill of Tim Duncan.

Tim's shooting percentage has been consistently high through out his career. So, it is probably not luck that it goes in. And of course, we're just going to accept your perspective that most of the fouls against the Mavs when they were guarding Tim Duncan weren't actually fouls since you say so.

If you can't do any better than this, you must not think that your team is very good.

I was making a joke...and my team is great!! Tim Duncan is a great player...but seeing it happen to us time and time again is getting old. If we were allowed to get a little more aggresive on him with getting the whistle blown, he might not make those shots....any comments on ginobili??

Nbadan
05-21-2006, 02:10 AM
I was making a joke...and my team is great!! Tim Duncan is a great player...but seeing it happen to us time and time again is getting old. If we were allowed to get a little more aggresive on him with getting the whistle blown, he might not make those shots....any comments on ginobili??

Avery is on the right track, but you gotta not resign Van Horn and let Adrian Griffin go for younger legs. Dallas's salary situation is a mess. They are still paying Bradley till after 07-08, Tariq Abdul-Wahad till the end of next season, and Dampier is due to make 8.62 million dollars next season and a staggering 13 million by 2010-11.

SA Gunslinger
05-21-2006, 02:13 AM
As long as the Spurs play the way they have the last two games, I think they win. The two days off is HUGE.

Mavs<Spurs
05-21-2006, 02:15 AM

Not easy to see what is a joke and what isn't. In terms of the fouls, that goes against us, but also against you. There are ways in which the calls have helped us and hurt you all, but there are also ways in which the calls have hurt us and helped you all. A lot of Spurs fans have serious questions about the Mavs shooting 50 fts in a single game. Mavs went to the line more than us (cumulatively). When Tim, Manu, Bruce and Robert all have 3 fouls at half time and you all only have one good player in serious foul trouble, it looks unfair from our perspective. Tim fouling out (I believe it was game 4) certainly did not help matters. The timing of the fouls and who gets the fouls and when they get the fouls greatly influences how significant the calls are as well. From our perspective, it certainly appears that Dirk gets a lot more calls than Tim and Tim lives in the paint. Dampier and Diop are there to beat Tim up physically not because they are great defensive players. They are 6 fouls each.

Lots of comments on Manu. I just figured you watched the last game and might be tired of hearing how great he is.

Let's see: all star guard, scored 20 points a game for Argentina leading them to the gold medal (US got the bronze if you remember), 2 world championships.

Just keep telling yourself that he can't go right (as did whatever Maverick apparently did and watched him drive to the right and leave him behind , as he did to Ron Artest, ...).

One of the best players in the league at drawing fouls, both on offense while driving to the basket and on defense drawing a charge.

2 steals in the last 2 minutes of game 5 and a key offensive rebound.

Terrific defender, can shoot the 3, drive to the hoop, one of best passers in the NBA.

Mavs<Spurs
05-21-2006, 02:19 AM
I might have a better opinion of your team than you do because if I were a Mavs fan, I could make several points about why I think that the Mavs are a terrific team. However, it appeared that you thought that you were reduced to trying to criticize Tim's ability and the Spurs as a team in order to say how good your team is.

How do I know which part is a joke when all of it criticizes the Spurs?

Typhoon
05-21-2006, 03:29 AM
Everything starts with Manu.

if he good, Spurs will crush the Mavs.

salud.

SA Gunslinger
05-21-2006, 03:38 AM
Everything starts with Manu.

if he good, Spurs will crush the Mavs.

salud.

I'm thinking a similar performance like he had in game five against Seattle from last year. But even a repeat of game six would be awesome.

Texas_Ranger
05-21-2006, 04:34 AM
1. Defense, just play the best defense you can, don`t let them make easy shots.
2. Attack, we need to move the ball quicker, specially TP
3. Rebounds, If we are going to rebound like in the last game we will win
4. Bench
5. Just think on win (allways)
6. Pass the ball to Duncan

GO SPURS GO
:flag: :flag:

zeleni
05-21-2006, 05:54 AM
1.Get Rasho for a change-up of the system. When Terry will get back, he wouldn't know in what team did he stepped in. Harris will be stopped and Nowitzki or Stackhouse will be pressured in the inside game.

2. Good rebounding

3. Parker needs to attack the rim, likewise Ginobili

4. Duncan has to go outside for his bankshot.

5. Good 3pt plays early in the game. Mavs are calling to be crushed early.

thekingrobert
05-21-2006, 09:09 AM
get a blowout we are due

picnroll
05-21-2006, 09:21 AM
Duncan stay away from stupid fouls. If there's a chance of a foul early let the play go. Go into the fourth with three fouls or less.

WalterBenitez
05-21-2006, 09:31 AM
1) Play well, avoid stupid turnoevers ...

2) TP:

a) Trying to involve those guys in white next to you (team mates you know)
b) Good penetrations, follow your instincs baby

3) TD, just do what you were doing ... Superstar caliber performance

4) MANU:

a) Show the way Manu, do whatever it takes to win ...
b) Capture the momentum doing those plays you know...

5) Bruce: take care of the blondy

6) Finley: Man, play like it were the latest game in your life, show Cuban he was wrong.

7) POP ... Mix defense, zone, avoid screens, pic and rolls

ploto
05-21-2006, 12:26 PM
--Limit the turnovers

--Transition defense

--Box out

--Push the ball up the court on offense

--At some point in the game, it will be time to get the ball to Tim and get out of his way-- recognize when that time comes

--At some point in the game, it will be time to get the ball to Manu and get out of HIS way-- recognize when that time comes, too

conqueso
05-21-2006, 12:58 PM
After thinking some more about it, I want to add a few more keys to victory:

1. Duncan has to get going early (see above)

2. Spurs must hold the Mavs under 100 points

3. Finley will be getting 40+ minutes again. He must continue to play solid defense and take good shots in the flow of the offense. He's not much of a playmaker anymore, but the one or two plays where he creates something out of nothing will also be crucial.

4. Tony must play well enough so that Pop cannot afford to leave him on the bench for the first half of the second and fourth quarters. NVE is still a cancer, despite his better-than-usual performance in Game 6, so he needs to be given just enough minutes to give Tony a rest and no more.

5. Spurs must not let Harris go off in the first half. As we saw in Game 6, when he starts off shitty, he ends shitty. But as we saw in Games 2-4, when he gets going early, he is a monster. Tony has a tough assignment here, and he needs to answer the call.

6. Duncan and Manu must stay out of foul trouble, especially in the second half.

7. This game is going to be called even by the refs...same number of free throws for each team, plus or minus one. Spurs don't have to beat the Mavs at the line, but they have to stay close, within 3 or 4 makes.

8. Terry will be fired up. There's nothing you can realistically do about this. Just weather the storm and shut him down in the fourth.

9. Everyone seems to have forgotten about Howard. He's a beast. Spurs must contain him to have continued success. If Bowen can keep frustrating him, Spurs have a good chance.

10. San Antonio must limit Dallas' offensive rebounding as much as possible. While the Spurs don't have to outrebound Dallas to win, they can't be giving up easy put-backs to Dirk, Diop, and Dampier.

Slomo
05-21-2006, 12:58 PM
--Limit the turnovers

--Transition defense

--Box out

--Push the ball up the court on offense

--At some point in the game, it will be time to get the ball to Tim and get out of his way-- recognize when that time comes

--At some point in the game, it will be time to get the ball to Manu and get out of HIS way-- recognize when that time comes, too:tu