PDA

View Full Version : What Will Aj Do Different In Game 7

ducks
05-20-2006, 11:38 PM
everyone talked how great of adjustments he was making and outcoaching pop
he went to harris
now he has lost 3 straight not everyone is saying how great adjustments he is making
what does he have up his sleeve or has he played his ace already?

greyforest
05-20-2006, 11:45 PM
everyone talked how great of adjustments he was making and outcoaching pop
he went to harris
now he has lost 3 straight not everyone is saying how great adjustments he is making
what does he have up his sleeve or has he played his ace already?

he's lost 2 straight, and mavs fans at least will argue that terry's absence was a big factor in one of them.

will he have anything left in the bag? we shall see!

boutons_
05-21-2006, 12:37 AM
Pop has said there are no secrets between teams.
Why would Pop or Avery have held back any tricks back so far?

It all comes down to desire, execution, and sometimes how the ball bounces.

RON ARTEST
05-21-2006, 12:59 AM
and sometimes how the ball bounces.
except for game two i think this whole series has been a case of how the ball bounces.

texlawman
05-21-2006, 01:23 AM
I don't think he needs to adjust. Having a full roster that's rested will make a huge difference. Just attack the rim early and often. Spurs do not have the footspeed to keep up and only one big man to defend the paint.

Shank
05-21-2006, 01:45 AM
I would say to just keep attacking the paint like all of us watching at home have been yelling, but he'll only go away from it when the team really needs it. Oh, and bench some of your best players at the most inopportune moments.

GermationSensation
05-21-2006, 02:20 AM
He doesn't need to change much. Every game except the blowout in game 2 and game 6 without Terry have been close games either team could have won, and even game 6 was very close considering Terry was out. The same gameplan should be fine, just better execution in the 4th quarter and better defense. Duncan not getting whistles when Damp or Diop breathes on him would help too.

Nbadan
05-21-2006, 02:23 AM
http://jdragonpjh.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/forrest37.jpg
Run!!!

T Park
05-21-2006, 02:43 AM
Duncan not getting whistles when Damp or Diop breathes on him would help too.

Nowitzki doesn't get the same treatment though right? :rolleyes

god..

Mavs<Spurs
05-21-2006, 02:47 AM

god..

exactly!!!

Mavs<Spurs
05-21-2006, 02:53 AM
I agree with those who said that he does not need to make any adjustments. I think that he is doing the best that he can with this team and the Mavs are a very good team.

Dallas has won or been in every single game.

Game 6 is the type of game that favors San Antonio.

Adding Terry back in makes the match up problem more difficult for us.

I just believe more in our style of game, especially when you have a player of the caliber of Tim Duncan. I just think that you get higher percentage shots more consistently when you have a great low post player. I love inside out basketball, especially when combined with aggressive drives to the rim.
In the end, over a 7 game series, the type of shots that you get will play a large part in whether or not you win the series.

ducks
05-21-2006, 10:13 AM
he needs to get mavs to score 100

GermationSensation
05-21-2006, 01:53 PM

god..

Uh, no, not to the extent of Duncan. Anyone watching game 6 knows that.

Melmart1
05-21-2006, 01:56 PM

Funny how you only mention game 6 to support your weak argument. You must have forgotten that Duncan actually fouled out this series after Dirk stepped on his foot.

ShoogarBear
05-21-2006, 01:59 PM
How many fouls did Dirk get called on him in Game 6 again?

How many minutes did he miss due to foul trouble?

Obstructed_View
05-21-2006, 02:02 PM
Funny how you only mention game 6 to support your weak argument. You must have forgotten that Duncan actually fouled out this series after Dirk stepped on his foot.
He learned that from Bowen. He did it on purpose. Dirk gets hacked every time he has the ball, and half the time when he doesn't. If Dirk doesn't get 30 FTA per game it's a travesty.

EVAY
05-21-2006, 02:03 PM
[QUOTE=GermationSensation]Uh, no, not to the extent of Duncan. Anyone watching game 6 knows that.[/QUO

How about when Dallas had 50 and Dirk had most of those? It makes no sense to bitch about Duncan getting foul shots as a signal of biased refs when Avery himself has had a game plan that purposely fouls Duncan, believing that he may get so frustrated at the line he won't make his shots. Avery even SAID as much before game 3 when he said he had big guys and each of them had 6 fouls to give, and "I (AJ) plan to use them all."!!!

So if you are PLANNING on fouling the guy, how can you bitch when the fouls are called?! Avery's problem is that Tim started not only making his free throws ( though that may disappear), he is also making the shot on which the foul is being called. So, Avery's strategy backfires, but is IS STILL AVERY'S STRATEGY!!!

TonyC
05-21-2006, 02:05 PM

god..

what's that supposed to mean??

RobinsontoDuncan
05-21-2006, 02:06 PM
stepped on his OWN foot that is

T Park
05-21-2006, 02:09 PM
Uh, no, not to the extent of Duncan. Anyone watching game 6 knows that

not to the extent of Nowitzki, anyone watching games 3 and 4.

T Park
05-21-2006, 02:10 PM
what's that supposed to mean??

Nothing, go run along and play with your transformers kid.

Dirk41MVP
05-21-2006, 07:04 PM
How many fouls did Dirk get called on him in Game 6 again?

How many minutes did he miss due to foul trouble?

Why does dirk have to be in foul trouble anyways ?, duncan is your only big, he guards our centers, AND the entire paint, it's only HIS job to deny any layups, dunks etc etc. Dirk guards Bruce FUCKING Bowen !, that dude that stands in the three point line and only shoots when he is open. Dirk doesnt have to do anything on defense in this series, besides keep bowen from hitting those three pointers

Duncan not only has to do all of that i just said, he also has to give you guys 30+ and 10+ a night. And when he is guarding dirk on the perimeter he has been torched due to his lack of speed. The only games that duncan has been in foul trouble, dirk has been causing those fouls. (4 of duncan's 5 fouls on game 6, were due to dirk giving him those fouls while on the perimeter).

Just because your star gets in foul trouble doesnt mean ours needs to do the same or it's a biased game. Think a bit before you post. That makes no sense whatsoever.

Future41534
05-21-2006, 07:09 PM
I think he'll try to use the pick and roll more because he can send Harris to the basket whre hopefully Duncan is and then Dirk can pull out. Maybe some 2-3 too because that wasn't too bad when we used it in that short period of time.

Vashner
05-21-2006, 07:14 PM
Pray more...

zrinkill
05-21-2006, 07:19 PM
Duncan not getting whistles when Damp or Diop breathes on him would help too.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/zrinkill/Bawling_op_800x681.jpg

picnroll
05-21-2006, 07:33 PM

What ever made Mavs fans think that Diop and Dampier were capable of guarding Duncan when he was in MVP mode. Was it their perennial all NBA defensive team awards they've garnered or was it because the Dump annoited himself the best center in the West.

Those two summo wrestlers should both be getting fouled out in the first quarter. Christ, imagine how many fouls the Spurs would be drawing if they mauled Dirk the way those goons are hammering, holding, grabbing and shoving Duncan.

picnroll
05-21-2006, 07:43 PM
Why does dirk have to be in foul trouble anyways ?, duncan is your only big, he guards our centers, AND the entire paint, it's only HIS job to deny any layups, dunks etc etc. Dirk guards Bruce FUCKING Bowen !, that dude that stands in the three point line and only shoots when he is open. Dirk doesnt have to do anything on defense in this series, besides keep bowen from hitting those three pointers

Duncan not only has to do all of that i just said, he also has to give you guys 30+ and 10+ a night. And when he is guarding dirk on the perimeter he has been torched due to his lack of speed. The only games that duncan has been in foul trouble, dirk has been causing those fouls. (4 of duncan's 5 fouls on game 6, were due to dirk giving him those fouls while on the perimeter).

Just because your star gets in foul trouble doesnt mean ours needs to do the same or it's a biased game. Think a bit before you post. That makes no sense whatsoever.
Dirk's been clearing out with his off arm, he's been going over the back, he's had at least two charges called blocks on Duncan, one that cost the Spurs game 3. He's been getting away with his share.

exstatic
05-21-2006, 07:56 PM
Go home to Houston for the summer afterwards. That would be different from games 1-6.

Vashner
05-21-2006, 08:50 PM
I still can't believe he played the "fired me on Christmas" card..

I never realized that hurt AJ so much. But AJ... I don't think he was like in the poor house at a 20 dollar a night hotel on the east side was he?