PDA

View Full Version : Mavs lose game six; Dirk Rips Teammates, Himself, Existence ...

CubanMustGo
05-21-2006, 12:44 AM
A little humor never hurts ...

Dallas, TX, USA - The San Antonio Spurs defeated the Dallas Mavericks Friday night, 91-86, to force a Game Seven showdown in San Antonio. Manu Ginobili and Tim Duncan were a lethal one-two punch for the Spurs, combining for 54 points and 18 rebounds.

In the loss, Dirk Nowitzki scored 26 and gathered a career playoff-high 21 rebounds, but was understandably not pleased with the outcome. In the postgame news conference, Nowitzki relayed many of his frustrations to the assembled media.

"If I could have done it over again, I would have passed out of it," said Nowitzki of his final shot attempt from the right corner, a desparation heave with former teammate Michael Finley covering him tightly. "It was stupid. Jeez, I can be so boneheaded sometimes. The (Maverick's coaching) staff has shown me that I have a terrible percentage in that situation, but I just - I panicked. Wow. You'd think I'd learn by now."

"We've had two chances and we didn't cash in either one. Now we have to beat the defending champs in their building in a game seven. We've made a real mess of things - I'm not happy about that."

Suddenly, Nowitzki's rants expanded beyond himself or the realm of the 2006 Conference Semifinals.

"And you know, I hate to keep harping on this - I kind of like Damp (Mavericks center Erick Dampier), but is he a (expletive deleted) waste of space out there or what? Michael Finley goes straight up in his face two games in a row and Damp doesn't do anything - just gets put on a poster. It's just like last year, when we were four-on-five out there against Yao Ming. This is (expletive deleted), and I'm tired of it."

Dirk continued, "And Jason Terry? Don't get me started. You're supposed to be this nice church-going guy, and you do that? What a moron. We needed him in game six, and he goes and pulls a Reggie Evans. How stupid are you?"

Nowitzki's rants quickly turned completely away from basketball.

"Who saw Mission Impossible III? Wasn't it God-awful? Whoever wrote it can go jump off a bridge somewhere. First the villian is this guy, then it's the other guy - we have no idea why, they just sort of throw it in there and we're supposed to just go along with it. And they have this elaborate break-in right inside the Vatican. Pretty good scene, but then in Shanghai they have to break into another heavily guarded building and we don't see any part of it beyond the stupid bungee jump? Christ, you're telling me the only hard part was getting to the building? Come on."

Nowitzki added, "Nice MacGuyver touch at the end with the shock-thing."

As Josh Howard, who scored 17 points for the Mavs, patiently waited for his turn to field questions, Dirk Nowitzki condemned everything from American drivers ("Stupid rednecks who never signal") to modern fiction ("A waste of everyone's time") to Texas weather ("My AC bill is outrageous and it's only May") to American Idol ("My favorite singer never makes it past the first four episodes - EVERY season") to the Nintendo DS ("I want my $200 back") to the brake pads on his car ("Four months I have this brand new car, and they're already squealing") to his hair ("I hate it long, I hate it short") to his computer ("Slower than Nick Van Exel running through a tar pit" :lol).

When, at 2:15 AM local time, the last member of the press corps left the room and shut out the lights, Dirk was still complaining about something or other.

link (http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?headline=s6i10790)

boutons_
05-21-2006, 12:53 AM
wow, great interview. German angst for all azimuths!!

TonyC
05-21-2006, 01:01 AM
you guys are cool. I hope you get your asses beat on monday. I wish i could go.....i hope dirk scores 32 point and grabs 19 boards. You'll see....

Dunc
05-21-2006, 01:04 AM
:lmao

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-21-2006, 01:05 AM
^^TonyC- touchy, even we laugh at our own players...

I thought that interview was real for a moment...Like his remark on "Dampier (expletive) sack of wasted space...":lmao

Dirk is right about MI3 though. :lol

timvp
05-21-2006, 01:06 AM
Nice :rollin

DuncanInYourFace
05-21-2006, 01:07 AM
This shit is plain hilarious, pure and simple

TonyC
05-21-2006, 01:13 AM
This shit is plain hilarious, pure and simple

Its funny shit....sorry I'm a little bitter right now. But you know Dirk is a pain in the spurs ass. He's soooooo good. He makes everything, just like Ginobili. He's 7 ft. can drive tha ball, make a rebound, and shoot clutch threes...virtually unstoppable...unless you fould him..I wont mention any names. You'll be seing a lot of him in the future Spurs fans.

DuncanInYourFace
05-21-2006, 01:15 AM
Its funny shit....sorry I'm a little bitter right now. But you know Dirk is a pain in the spurs ass. He's soooooo good. He makes everything, just like Ginobili. He's 7 ft. can drive tha ball, make a rebound, and shoot clutch threes...virtually unstoppable...unless you fould him..I wont mention any names. You'll be seing a lot of him in the future Spurs fans.

No question Dirk shoots a mad jumper. No one in the league has a real answer for Dirk, and if ever realizes he's 7 ft tall and learns to post up he'll be almost impossible to deal with.

But man that article was dead on about Dampier, I was laughing so hard I had tears.

NASpurs
05-21-2006, 01:17 AM
I'm surprised no Mavs fan came in this thread and thought the article was real :lol

jman3000
05-21-2006, 01:25 AM
Dirk is obviously worthy of his 1st team all NBA selection and I don't think many people will argue that. The part that you have to agree with is that he hasn't had as much success in the playoffs as one (Mav's fan's) would hope. We'll see come monday if he can truly put himself among those superstars who have found success both in the regular season and the playoffs. Then there will be no doubt he belongs..... but anyway... Spurs in 7 :hat

TonyC
05-21-2006, 01:26 AM
I'm surprised no Mavs fan came in this thread and thought the article was real :lol

Not tonight. I had to take up for that guy last time. Disregard that ever happening...

Mijo
05-21-2006, 01:56 AM
Its funny shit....sorry I'm a little bitter right now. But you know Dirk is a pain in the spurs ass. He's soooooo good. He makes everything, just like Ginobili. He's 7 ft. can drive tha ball, make a rebound, and shoot clutch threes...virtually unstoppable...unless you fould him.. Dirk is all that but in the midst of a seven game series if the dude could just utilize his size and learn to post up. You figure by now one of his coaches would've insisted he post up. He'd be in aclass all by himself... and maybe Rashweed.

TonyC
05-21-2006, 01:58 AM
Dirk is all that but in the midst of a seven game series if the dude could just utilize his size and learn to post up. You figure by now one of his coaches would've insisted he post up. He'd be in aclass all by himself... and maybe Rashweed.

That's what make him a bad ass. he doesn't have to post up all the time. He can do it all. 21 boards in game six was pretty impressive.

Mavs<Spurs
05-21-2006, 02:44 AM
That's what make him a bad ass. he doesn't have to post up all the time. He can do it all. 21 boards in game six was pretty impressive.

It was impressive. He is a great player, no doubt.

I kind of wonder if more rebounds didn't go his way because Tim was not in the game as much (due to foul trouble).

clubalien
05-21-2006, 10:48 AM
drik=new larry bird
this article as funny the sad thing about it was that dirk could have made that shot and that would have majorly sucked

Leetonidas
05-21-2006, 11:20 AM

Hits clutch threes? I don't think so. He's a good player, but he's not clutch by any means.

twincam
05-21-2006, 11:33 AM
Once you see the frustration unfold, the team's chemistry starts to decline. Dirk is right about his center....he's also right about Terry....I couldn't agree with he more.
However, it's not good for him to be publicizing that...it'll only bring down the team's morale.

What the hell am I saying!? Go on Dirk! Preach on brother! Preach on! :soapbox:

WalterBenitez
05-21-2006, 11:34 AM
Is that article real? I meant I can't imagine a Superstar saying those honest things, It sounds like you should keep those thoughts out of the media

SAGambler
05-21-2006, 11:35 AM
Article is funny, but in a way, kind of true. Remember last year when Dirk went off on his teammates?

Would not surprise me if he hasn't chewed out Harris for his stellar performance in Game 6. After all, he was supposed to be the second coming of the JET.

Actually, I hope he has berated everyone on the team, and pissed them off. Maybe Monday night they will sit back and let Dirk play by himself..

Spurs Dynasty
05-21-2006, 11:35 AM
A little humor never hurts ...

Dallas, TX, USA - The San Antonio Spurs defeated the Dallas Mavericks Friday night, 91-86, to force a Game Seven showdown in San Antonio. Manu Ginobili and Tim Duncan were a lethal one-two punch for the Spurs, combining for 54 points and 18 rebounds.

In the loss, Dirk Nowitzki scored 26 and gathered a career playoff-high 21 rebounds, but was understandably not pleased with the outcome. In the postgame news conference, Nowitzki relayed many of his frustrations to the assembled media.

"If I could have done it over again, I would have passed out of it," said Nowitzki of his final shot attempt from the right corner, a desparation heave with former teammate Michael Finley covering him tightly. "It was stupid. Jeez, I can be so boneheaded sometimes. The (Maverick's coaching) staff has shown me that I have a terrible percentage in that situation, but I just - I panicked. Wow. You'd think I'd learn by now."

"We've had two chances and we didn't cash in either one. Now we have to beat the defending champs in their building in a game seven. We've made a real mess of things - I'm not happy about that."

Suddenly, Nowitzki's rants expanded beyond himself or the realm of the 2006 Conference Semifinals.

"And you know, I hate to keep harping on this - I kind of like Damp (Mavericks center Erick Dampier), but is he a (expletive deleted) waste of space out there or what? Michael Finley goes straight up in his face two games in a row and Damp doesn't do anything - just gets put on a poster. It's just like last year, when we were four-on-five out there against Yao Ming. This is (expletive deleted), and I'm tired of it."

Dirk continued, "And Jason Terry? Don't get me started. You're supposed to be this nice church-going guy, and you do that? What a moron. We needed him in game six, and he goes and pulls a Reggie Evans. How stupid are you?"

Nowitzki's rants quickly turned completely away from basketball.

"Who saw Mission Impossible III? Wasn't it God-awful? Whoever wrote it can go jump off a bridge somewhere. First the villian is this guy, then it's the other guy - we have no idea why, they just sort of throw it in there and we're supposed to just go along with it. And they have this elaborate break-in right inside the Vatican. Pretty good scene, but then in Shanghai they have to break into another heavily guarded building and we don't see any part of it beyond the stupid bungee jump? Christ, you're telling me the only hard part was getting to the building? Come on."

Nowitzki added, "Nice MacGuyver touch at the end with the shock-thing."

As Josh Howard, who scored 17 points for the Mavs, patiently waited for his turn to field questions, Dirk Nowitzki condemned everything from American drivers ("Stupid rednecks who never signal") to modern fiction ("A waste of everyone's time") to Texas weather ("My AC bill is outrageous and it's only May") to American Idol ("My favorite singer never makes it past the first four episodes - EVERY season") to the Nintendo DS ("I want my $200 back") to the brake pads on his car ("Four months I have this brand new car, and they're already squealing") to his hair ("I hate it long, I hate it short") to his computer ("Slower than Nick Van Exel running through a tar pit" :lol).

When, at 2:15 AM local time, the last member of the press corps left the room and shut out the lights, Dirk was still complaining about something or other.

link (http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?headline=s6i10790)

Thanks a lot!! I havent seen MI-3 yet !! :lol