PDA

View Full Version : Ticket 760 Lineup

Pages : [1] 2

johngateswhiteley
05-21-2006, 04:16 AM
...i did not know where else to post this.

but what is up with ticket 760 and it's horrible sports talk lineup. first, i don't understand why we only have one sports talk station. and second, why do sports games have to be broadcast on the only station we have for sports talk (excluding spurs and what ever other teams are on 1200 or some other station). that makes...zero sense. then there is no sports talk and if you want to listen to sports its some game you could care less about.

as for the actually lineup:

1. charlie and chance...wth? could anyone know less about sports? these guys are like listening to nails on a chalkboard...stfu

2. the morning extravaganza...it's fine. it's not like it use to be with tony bruno, but it's OK

3. jim rome...not a bad show. his schtick gets old at times, but then he has his moments where his interviews and takes are quite interesting or even funny. but his show has gotten a little old over the years, imo. and please stop it with the replacements and all the other crap you try to peddle

4. the drive...the only guy on sports talk that tries to be more politically correct than jim rome. i mean enough is enough already. his takes on sports are poor and i am always happy when he is on assignment and replaced in studio

5. STSA...oh-my-gosh. shoot me in the fucking head. whomever gave these guys this radio show needs to be shot and then run over....twice. it is a close race between these two buffoons and charlie and chance for the worst sports radio show ever. how long do people have to be subjected to this crap...if i wanted to listen non-sports topics, stupidity, and complete garbage, i'd listen to my girlfriend

6. craig sheemon and james washington...don't care enough to really even comment on them. not sure if they even still have this slot though, might have moved to another on FSR...either way

7. J.T. the Brick...Thank the Lord! this guy is great. i love his takes, he has energy and is always fun to listen to with decent takes

8. jorge sedano....not bad. from what i have heard, i did not dislike him. not a bad personality

9. steve czaban...not bad either. could be better, but definitely listenable

...thats the weekday list and i don't listen as much on the weekends, so i won't comment. i use to love listening to Tony Bruno on FSR with the Extravaganza but of course he has moved to sporting news radio. Bruno does play on AM 1420 and i always listen to him from 9-12, it just stinks that it is a new braunfels station and not as clear or strong as 760 is. but i think Bruno is the best. always fresh, best interviews, doesn't talk about himself (not seriously at least), hilarious, and covers a wide range of topics that always goes back to sports. his show works, imo.

...of course this leaves me with 760 from 12-3 until i can go back to the Tim Brando show on SNR. and then there is the spanier show after that which is actually not bad. is it me or does SNR just blow FSR out of the water? and how can new braunfels have their lineup and not us?

...another point is that on ticket 760 some yahoo said that the reason they go with local talent in the morning and STSA on the drive home is that it is what the callers want. well i seriously hope that is not the case, cause that is just amazing if thats true. i hate to use the word stupid and i am not calling anyone that but, man, thats stupid. how could anyone want to listen to this crap.

...anway, thank goodness for am 1420. i just wish it came in clearer...maybe i'll just move to XM or sirious and say to hell with it all.

Dre>Parker
05-21-2006, 06:04 AM
john = playa fo life

johngateswhiteley
05-21-2006, 07:42 AM
john = playa fo life

LOL. are you on the nuggs board? if there's an obvious answer you'll have to forgive me.

SequSpur
05-21-2006, 07:49 AM
WGAF. Buy satellite or turn it.

Vashner
05-21-2006, 08:31 AM
Send email to the program director or find one of the 1000+ existing Charlie Parker complaint thread.

johngateswhiteley
05-21-2006, 09:46 AM
WGAF. Buy satellite or turn it.

wow. that was the type of incredible response i expected. :rolleyes thanks anyway.

...the problem, as already discussed, is that there are no other options but a fuzzy reception to 1420 and i have not bought satellite yet. and though this is somewhat of a rant i am seriously appalled at the local radio talent and lineup decisions and cannot help but wonder what in the world is going on? i am new to this forum and did not know of any other threads about this topic, nor do i know if anyone knows a) why these guys are on the air b) how these guys got the job? i seriously want to know, and if anyone else feels the same way?

PizzaDeliveryGuy
05-21-2006, 10:06 AM
Live with it. It's what SA has.

KEDA
05-21-2006, 10:22 AM
either listen to it or change the channel

nobody is forcing you to listen.

like the lady said, buy satellite, or turn it!

johngateswhiteley
05-21-2006, 10:27 AM
PDG & KEDA-
...apparently you two do not know how to read. i am well aware of the options; that is not why i posted it. what is it with people? either they hear what they want to hear, see what they want to see, or read what they want to read. witw?

SA210
05-21-2006, 10:33 AM
Walter sucks. Can't believe he got that job.

KEDA
05-21-2006, 10:47 AM
there is no reason to bitch if you know what the options are

I used to listen to the ticket, now I dont, Ill turn them on to get a little Spurs here and there, but 99% of the time its Satellite for me.

AmericanWoman
05-21-2006, 10:54 AM
PDG & KEDA-
...apparently you two do not know how to read. i am well aware of the options; that is not why i posted it. what is it with people? either they hear what they want to hear, see what they want to see, or read what they want to read. witw?

I hear you.

DeeBo
05-21-2006, 02:09 PM
Have you tried calling the show?

http://www.boomspeed.com/woaimouse/mouse-in-da-house.jpg

Vashner
05-21-2006, 03:37 PM
The "Parker household"...

T Park
05-21-2006, 04:50 PM
another point is that on ticket 760 some yahoo said that the reason they go with local talent in the morning and STSA on the drive home is that it is what the callers want.

I like local talent.

All national stuff gets boring after a while, cause one discussion runs into another.

It gets boring.

I listen to them only because they will talk spurs without the uninformed take of a national moron

"Well the Spurs might lose cause Duncan's foot is really bothering him"

johngateswhiteley
05-22-2006, 12:59 AM
KEDA-
...looking for information also. do you have any?

DeeBo-
...calling the show to what end? and no i have not called the show, i don't really care to talk to those guys. my gym shorts know more about sports than they do.

T Park-
...there is more to sports out there than the spurs. i love the spurs to death, but i also follow other sports as well. i don't need a love fest from the local shows who know absolutely nothing about sports anyway. whats the point and who cares? (thats a rhetorical question)

Condemned 2 HelLA
05-22-2006, 01:39 AM
3. jim rome...not a bad show. his schtick gets old at times, but then he has his moments where his interviews and takes are quite interesting or even funny. but his show has gotten a little old over the years, imo. and please stop it with the replacements and all the other crap you try to peddle

No shit!
That band is so totally beyond irrelevant, it defies description!

Vashner
05-22-2006, 07:48 AM
Fire Charlie... and replace him with Kori :)

johngateswhiteley
05-22-2006, 08:19 AM
Fire Charlie... and replace him with Kori :)

it does not even matter who you replace him with, but kori (though i don't know her) i am sure will be fine.

...i guess the main thing is that the national shows are just sooo much better. i could care less about local sports, especially when high school football and basketball are not even going on right now. hopefully one day they will just get rid of the local shows and go to SNR, or at the very least replace the current shoddy personel.

Vashner
05-22-2006, 09:45 AM
"I could care less about local sports".. end quote...

WTF are you doing here then?

johnsmith
05-22-2006, 01:48 PM
Chuck and Chance have no business being on drive time sports talk radio. They are the worst two radio hosts to ever discuss sports on the air. Vex and Walter are only slightly behind them in the ratings. I hate that I have to listen to FM radio shows in the morning but I've been forced to do so because I flat out refuse to pay for radio.

johnsmith
05-22-2006, 01:48 PM
Oh, and Vashner, get off your soapbox.

pooh
05-22-2006, 06:38 PM
As I have said many times before and will continue to say. Get rid of STSA and C&C, it's a waste of air time...period! And if FSR was smart, they'd unload J.T. The "Prick" as well. He's nothing but a over zealous obnoxious jerk, who think he's "Howard Stern" of the sports talk radio airwaves. Attention "Prick": 15:58, 57, etc.

The best FSR shows are Sedano (when's he's not got his head up the Miami Heat's ass) Czaban, Ben Maller, and Bruce Jacobs. I see that Jabba the Ashwood brought back Chuck Booms recently to do some overnight on the weekends. Did anyone catch him nearly breaking down into tears this past weekend about Barbaro? Please...pass the glue, that's where Barbaro is heading.

P.S. I'm not "back". I just happened to see a topic that caught my eye and posted...

tlongII
05-22-2006, 06:44 PM
You need to get the station to pick up Colin Cowherd. IMO it is the best national sports talk radio. He does not try to be politically correct.

johngateswhiteley
05-24-2006, 01:10 AM
You need to get the station to pick up Colin Cowherd. IMO it is the best national sports talk radio. He does not try to be politically correct.

who is colin cowherd and where can i get him? is on xm or sirius or something?

...i suppose i could just google it, but give me your opinion on him.

Please_dont_ban_me
05-24-2006, 02:10 AM
Turning on 760 and realizing an Astros game is on is the most annoying fucking thing ever. (Thankfully, I can catch the signal for 1420 sometimes Sporting News Radio) Tony Bruno's on 1420 now, you can catch the signal depending what side of town your on.

Our local shit is TERRIBLE. Erik Gray? What the fuck is he doing with a mic in front of his face? His Screech from saved by the bell voice combined with Dallas homerism and completely retarded jokes are painful. Walters decent, I guess.

You know what I'd like to see, team up a Jay Howard type with a Walter type...and let them debate out shit for a local sports show. That Hooters chic knows more about sporst and has better takes then the clowns on our local fucking show.

The Thompson brothers are decent, I guess. At least they talk about Sports some of the time?

johngateswhiteley
05-24-2006, 03:25 AM
"I could care less about local sports".. end quote...

WTF are you doing here then?

i obviously am a spurs fan, you must not have read my other posts or the posts in this thread even. i could care less about other local sports such as the missions, high school sports (except football), the rampage, etc. and i could really care less when i hear charlie and chance and STSA talk about it. it's a joke.

johngateswhiteley
05-24-2006, 05:31 AM
Turning on 760 and realizing an Astros game is on is the most annoying fucking thing ever. (Thankfully, I can catch the signal for 1420 sometimes Sporting News Radio) Tony Bruno's on 1420 now, you can catch the signal depending what side of town your on.

Our local shit is TERRIBLE. Erik Gray? What the fuck is he doing with a mic in front of his face? His Screech from saved by the bell voice combined with Dallas homerism and completely retarded jokes are painful. Walters decent, I guess.

You know what I'd like to see, team up a Jay Howard type with a Walter type...and let them debate out shit for a local sports show. That Hooters chic knows more about sporst and has better takes then the clowns on our local fucking show.

The Thompson brothers are decent, I guess. At least they talk about Sports some of the time?

...i agree, it really is amazing. the only thing we disagree on is walter, he sucks too. i think they should scrap the whole bunch and start over. who in the world hired these guys, seriously?

...also, i am an astros fan and i don't like it when they are on 760 either. there needs to be another station where games are broadcast. it's not right for non-astros or baseball fans to have to sit through a broadcast (pre-game, game, and post-game) for 3.5-4.5 hours without an option for sports talk.

the sports chick, though cute, does not know anything about sports. her takes include: picking the team with the best colors, asking horrible questions, and making just worthless comments...and generally wasting air. but, lets be honest, she's not on the show b/c she really knows sports...and i am fine with that. if the show had some direction, a meaning, well anything it would be listenable. but thats not possible with these two dimwits.

Please_dont_ban_me
05-24-2006, 05:40 AM
...i agree, it really is amazing. the only thing we disagree on is walter, he sucks too. i think they should scrap the whole bunch and start over. who in the world hired these guys, seriously?

...also, i am an astros fan and i don't like it when they are on 760 either. there needs to be another station where games are broadcast. it's not right for non-astros or baseball fans to have to sit through a broadcast (pre-game, game, and post-game) for 3.5-4.5 hours without an option for sports talk.

the sports chick, though cute, does not know anything about sports. her takes include: picking the team with the best colors, asking horrible questions, and making just worthless comments...and generally wasting air. but, lets be honest, she's not on the show b/c she really knows sports...and i am fine with that. if the show had some direction, a meaning, well anything it would be listenable. but thats not possible with these two dimwits.

I have no radio experience whatsoever, but I bet if you stuck me in a studio with a mic and a producer (who stayed off the mic and doesn't sound like Screech) I could do a better job than they do.

Between the topic wheel...and 'whats in my pocket'...and that retarded little skit Walter does updating us on Hollywood bullshit nobody cares about and isn't funny...the show is absolutely not appealing.

As for the Hooters chic, I'm aware she knows jack about sports. I sitll say she's better than the idiots on the show. I wish the signal for 1420 was better, the quality of sportstalk on there is way above the Ticket 760.

johngateswhiteley
05-24-2006, 06:10 AM
I have no radio experience whatsoever, but I bet if you stuck me in a studio with a mic and a producer (who stayed off the mic and doesn't sound like Screech) I could do a better job than they do.

Between the topic wheel...and 'whats in my pocket'...and that retarded little skit Walter does updating us on Hollywood bullshit nobody cares about and isn't funny...the show is absolutely not appealing.

As for the Hooters chic, I'm aware she knows jack about sports. I sitll say she's better than the idiots on the show. I wish the signal for 1420 was better, the quality of sportstalk on there is way above the Ticket 760.

...no doubt. and i know if they put you in studio you would do a better job than those bozos. as for the topic wheel and all that crap......kill-me-now. luckily when i am at work 1420 is not too bad, but when i am home it's bad. eventually i will move to satellite, i just don't want to pay for it right now.

Please_dont_ban_me
05-24-2006, 06:51 AM
...no doubt. and i know if they put you in studio you would do a better job than those bozos. as for the topic wheel and all that crap......kill-me-now. luckily when i am at work 1420 is not too bad, but when i am home it's bad. eventually i will move to satellite, i just don't want to pay for it right now.

I feel like I'm talking to myself.

When I'm at home the signal sucks too (over by 1604 @ stone oak). I want to get sattelite as well, just a matter of time. Haven't really looked into yet but I plan on it.

tlongII
05-24-2006, 09:40 AM
who is colin cowherd and where can i get him? is on xm or sirius or something?

...i suppose i could just google it, but give me your opinion on him.

Colin Cowherd works for ESPN Radio and has a nationally syndicated show called "The Herd." In Portland it is on AM 1080. I assume radio stations around the country have to choose to carry it.

PeterBurns
05-24-2006, 09:50 AM
MORE FU%$%#$ Peter Burns on air.
I'm not worth a damn but at least I promote Spurstalk.com...

MoSpur
05-24-2006, 10:18 AM

True. Charlie Parker I can't stand. Chance is OK. The two idiots on the air in the afternoon are funny. Stupid funny. So its OK.

johngateswhiteley
05-24-2006, 01:50 PM
tlongII-
...gotcha man. now that i think about it i remember hearing "the herd" a while back. i don't know if i liked it or not, but i'll check it out on the internet or something. thanks.

PeterBurns-
...rather you than those losers. do what it takes.

MoSpurs-
..."The two idiots on the air in the afternoon are funny, Stupid funny. So its OK."

LMAO. i don't think thats what their show is going for, but your half right, they are stupid.

pache100
05-24-2006, 02:05 PM
Turning on 760 and realizing an Astros game is on is the most annoying fucking thing ever. (Thankfully, I can catch the signal for 1420 sometimes Sporting News Radio)

:tu

I listen to 1420 a lot lately. They cover some of the NASCAR races that KTSA (who promised to broadcast all the races but only are doing the ones that are convenient for them) don't carry. The banter is pretty decent, too.

samikeyp
05-24-2006, 02:14 PM

I agree with you. You need a sidekick...I am that sidekick. :)

Oh and we could call Pache for our NASCAR updates! :tu

mouse
05-24-2006, 05:49 PM
I think radio should do a 14 day trial period. You might think Kori would be great with Jeff vexler but after 14 days you may not feel the same.

It would be nice if they had all the Ticket radio listeners who tired out for the show to do at least one week on the air so we can really see if they grown on us. you only need 8 to have a two month radio show as callers and listeners can hear for themselves who they want, I don't think that 2 minute audition was enough. It takes at least 5 straight shows for many to get comortable at their new job.

I would like to hear Greg More And Peter Burns do a few shows,

I never thought I would say this but, after these last few months? I have wished the Jay Howard show was back on the air and he was an asshole
:lmao

pooh
05-24-2006, 08:09 PM
Just wipe the slate clean of all the hosts they have right now and bring in better talent. Synergy sucks.

samikeyp
05-24-2006, 09:09 PM
I would take a 14 day trial. :)

samikeyp
05-24-2006, 09:14 PM
Holy shit....Pooh twice in one thread? :tu

Where you been amigo?

pooh
05-24-2006, 09:19 PM
Holy shit....Pooh twice in one thread? :tu

Where you been amigo?

Healing up and putting out the new book which will be at some Barnes and Noble stores in the coming week or so. And for those who ask, yes...there are more pages to this one. Over 260 to be exact.

I'm not officially "back" on here, just looking once in awhile at threads. I chat with Kori frequently but that's about it. I'm busy trying to get the books on the shelves, getting on the signing trail and hopefully newspaper attention as well.

But it's nice to know I was thought of.

samikeyp
05-24-2006, 09:20 PM
Congrats bro!

Glad to see things are going well.

Hooters Girl
05-24-2006, 10:59 PM
Healing up and putting out the new book which will be at some Barnes and Noble stores in the coming week or so. And for those who ask, yes...there are more pages to this one. Over 260 to be exact.

I'm not officially "back" on here, just looking once in awhile at threads. I chat with Kori frequently but that's about it. I'm busy trying to get the books on the shelves, getting on the signing trail and hopefully newspaper attention as well.

POOH can you post a link to your books?

johngateswhiteley
05-25-2006, 05:57 AM
I think radio should do a 14 day trial period. You might think Kori would be great with Jeff vexler but after 14 days you may not feel the same.

It would be nice if they had all the Ticket radio listeners who tired out for the show to do at least one week on the air so we can really see if they grown on us. you only need 8 to have a two month radio show as callers and listeners can hear for themselves who they want, I don't think that 2 minute audition was enough. It takes at least 5 straight shows for many to get comortable at their new job.

I would like to hear Greg More And Peter Burns do a few shows,

I never thought I would say this but, after these last few months? I have wished the Jay Howard show was back on the air and he was an asshole

i would love for 760 to do something like that. my buddy and i were irritated that we missed the recent search for the guy(s) to do the weekend show. we don't really listen to 760 during that time slot anymore and did not even realize it was/had happened. we both think we could have won, though thats not the point. i know there has to be a lot of guys better suited to run that show than walter and jeff. san antonio is a huuuuge city; it would not be hard.

...and regardless of whether jay haward was good or not, he was much better than the current losers.

mouse
05-25-2006, 08:47 AM
Well the guys they did pick are on in the mornings, I think at 10am if you want to hear the best San Antonio has to offer. What ruined sports radio was the EGO.

Check out Kori's round table, Tpark is not bad, But they need to be on live it's not the same when you can't call in. I have no idea why SpursTalk does not have a www radio show I heard anyone can have one.

pooh
05-25-2006, 11:03 PM
POOH can you post a link to your books?

just go to either amazon.com or barnes and noble.com's websites and type in either "Double Time" or "Time...To Begin." You'll find them.

johngateswhiteley
05-26-2006, 10:32 PM
Just wipe the slate clean of all the hosts they have right now and bring in better talent. Synergy sucks.

...how can we make that happen? picket line strike?

I am Tom
05-26-2006, 10:47 PM
...how can we make that happen? picket line strike?

I only know 5 ways

Ask the program Director at KTSA to pull his head out of his asshat and replace that boring credit card show with sports.

Hope that San Antonio gets another major sports team and it may bring another sports station with it.

Contact the clear channel stock holders and show them how they are losing money with Nate Lundy

Find some nude photos of Nate Lunday and blackmail him

wait 5 years and maybe things will change.

johngateswhiteley
05-26-2006, 11:50 PM
I only know 5 ways

Ask the program Director at KTSA to pull his head out of his asshat and replace that boring credit card show with sports.

Hope that San Antonio gets another major sports team and it may bring another sports station with it.

Contact the clear channel stock holders and show them how they are losing money with Nate Lundy

Find some nude photos of Nate Lunday and blackmail him

wait 5 years and maybe things will change.

LMAO! i am going to personally do 1 & 3. although if anyone has naked pictures of nate lundy please use them against him.

...nate lundy is a loser.

Zombie
05-27-2006, 12:00 AM

maybe after another 30 books you can get out of your Parents house! :lol

johngateswhiteley
05-31-2006, 01:20 AM
Well the guys they did pick are on in the mornings, I think at 10am if you want to hear the best San Antonio has to offer. What ruined sports radio was the EGO.

Check out Kori's round table, Tpark is not bad, But they need to be on live it's not the same when you can't call in. I have no idea why SpursTalk does not have a www radio show I heard anyone can have one.

...i heard the guys that won the contest last saturday. they were not very good either, but they are not completely horrible and worthless as are STSA and charlie & chance (dumb & dumber).

...i don't know why these local shows insist against all logic to have zero substance. making for some of, if not the worst, radio i have ever heard. even worse than some public radio right outside of eureka that i listened to one time on logging. and it was bad.

johngateswhiteley
06-23-2006, 03:27 AM
....wow. i am listening to the sedano show at the moment and a promo came on for charlie and chance and STSA with nate lundy. apparently he was reading an email sent into his address and the email and comments are as follows (though not exact)..."hey nate whats up with charlie and chance in the mornings, they like talk about other stuff than sports" to which nate replied..."hey there is more to life than just sports, maybe go and catch a movie or something."

....ummm, STFU lundy. are you kidding me? there is only one station for sports in san antonio. if you want to have a general program or talk about stuff other than sports do it on another station. but nate, thanks for the advice on seeing a movie and there is more to life than sports, hmmmm....i did not know that, your a freakin genius. but here's the thing lundy, if i wanted to listen to something other than sports i put on ANY OTHER STATION you fucking idiot.

...although i did learn a valuable lesson today, it's not what you know...it's who you know. b/c lundy is a moron, STSA sucks, and charlie and chance are clowns. no way, no how those retards got those jobs on their own merit, btw there are over 1.2 million people in san antonio....

Kori Ellis
06-23-2006, 03:46 AM
Did you email Nate to express your points or are you just venting here?

ChumpDumper
06-23-2006, 04:02 AM
I never listen to sports radio.

I am sure I am a better person for it.

T Park
06-23-2006, 04:38 AM
Listening to Al Franken can't be good for you either.

johngateswhiteley
06-23-2006, 06:16 AM
Did you email Nate to express your points or are you just venting here?

...both. but i went over nate's head, since i am sure he would just discard it as he does with others....not to mention i did email them quite some time ago, when don harris was with walter right before vexler took over.

...but, i am also venting. keep in mind i have not listened to the morning show or STSA in almost a month....i just can't take it anymore. i am hoping that others will jump in and note the garbage that is their shows and stand up and say something as well. alas...that probably won't happen, since people either don't care, don't care enough to act, or don't listen and don't care. i cannot imagine anybody actually likes the show....so i won't include a group for "them"...

SA210
06-23-2006, 08:27 AM
Listening to Al Franken can't be good for you either.
Same for Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity.

Crookshanks
06-23-2006, 04:55 PM
I'm certainly in the minority here, but I like the local talent. I think they're pretty funny. Since I'm a woman, some of their stuff is slightly offensive to me and then I turn the station, but I like hearing about the Spurs.

I don't like listening to the national shows because they spend more time on teams that I care nothing about, ie. the Lakers!

johngateswhiteley
06-24-2006, 02:31 AM
I'm certainly in the minority here, but I like the local talent. I think they're pretty funny. Since I'm a woman, some of their stuff is slightly offensive to me and then I turn the station, but I like hearing about the Spurs.

I don't like listening to the national shows because they spend more time on teams that I care nothing about, ie. the Lakers!

...seriously? their jokes are horrible, imo. and they hardly ever talk about sports...its pathetic. its sad when you don't know anything about sports and have to rely on american idle as conversation starters.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-24-2006, 02:32 AM
Good god I just saw Walter's ugly mug on tv. =/

Now I truely understand the term "face made for radio".

Please_dont_ban_me
06-24-2006, 02:36 AM
Wow

I just watched it again, about 5 times.

The black guy actually takes a little shot at the white guy first. Watch it closely, they're talking shit and the black guy seemingly pushes the white kid just a little, and the white kid retaliates with a little harder shove...which is more noticable....

Condemned 2 HelLA
06-24-2006, 03:37 AM

Could be worse.
You could live in L.A. and have to listen to a never-ending stream of mouth-breathers talking about the Lamers non-stop, as if there was nothing else going on in town.
:jack

Please_dont_ban_me
06-24-2006, 03:42 AM
Is Lundy the guy who fired Jay Howard?

pooh
06-24-2006, 04:27 AM
Is Lundy the guy who fired Jay Howard?

No, Jay was fired back in 2001. He was fired from two jobs in one day. First he was fired from the Spurs that morning from doing play-by-play, then when he went over to the WOAI studios, he was notified that he was fired there as well.

The PD at that time was Andrew Ashwood.

johngateswhiteley
07-15-2006, 08:51 AM
i hate jeff vexler....and walter pasa-whogivesafuck.

maxpower
07-15-2006, 10:47 AM
I've never understood why there is always the "change the channel" response to this? Sure the guy is venting, sure he can change the station but that isn't the point. Maybe he wants to find people with similar views or even opposing views but not be disregarded completely.

If that is the case why is anyone here venting about the Spurs or any team? Why vent about the restaurants, the tv shows, the movies? Just find another team, another restaurant another tv show or movie and don't post about it.

Simple as that.

It's great that some have satellite or listen online. The point of the thread is the OP's dislike of "something". Point or counter-point or move on.

After my sports hiatus after the tough loss a couple months ago I decided to tune in during morning drive and god help me figure out how this remains on the air. It's by default of course. If there were a local alternative this would not fly past one set of arbitron books.

I don't know why but Walter is the least annoying of the bunch to me. Maybe because he is not as anal and tunnel-visioned as Parker or wet tissue-y and stuttering as Chancellor or overly homerish as Jeff. In any case, I don't see any changes soon. Charlie Parker has been around too long and is just riding some de facto tenure. Their sports opinions and the way they bring them across just does not appeal to me.

I vent here because this is a great forum for discussions with locals who can experience this. I could call and complain but I honestly don't care that much, it's much easier to just do this(plus I'm sure marketing gurus are gurus because they know where they can get the pulse of a demographic 25-35). When I am in local sports moods I may switch on during drive time as I have no other local alternative but I swear I change that dial so quick my radio does flips. ...it is just not compelling radio.

p.s. while I have never been a great fan of the former host of afternoon...don harris, i do have to say I caught an inside scoop that lived up to the billing.
Maybe it was not so much inside scoop as it was intelligent, well thought out and extremely informative with the right amount of conjecture. That to me is sports talk and local at that. Don's scoop on thursday or wednesday, was about Butler. He gave a very indepth opinion with supporting evidence as to why he believes the Spurs have a good chance to get Butler. I loved the connections he made with Isiah being on a short leash and the Knicks owner's dissatisfaction with the way his checkbooks has been mistreated(my very liberal interpretation). You add this to the idea that Butler is a Larry Brown guy and not high on Isiah's buddy list along with the fact that any match of the Spurs offer doubles the price for the Knicks organization and that gives me compelling locals sports radio... :fro So, if this were the norm at 760 I would be a loyal listener.
But again, kudos to Don's segment.

johngateswhiteley
07-15-2006, 11:17 AM
I've never understood why there is always the "change the channel" response to this? Sure the guy is venting, sure he can change the station but that isn't the point. Maybe he wants to find people with similar views or even opposing views but not be disregarded completely.

If that is the case why is anyone here venting about the Spurs or any team? Why vent about the restaurants, the tv shows, the movies? Just find another team, another restaurant another tv show or movie and don't post about it.

Simple as that.

It's great that some have satellite or listen online. The point of the thread is the OP's dislike of "something". Point or counter-point or move on.

After my sports hiatus after the tough loss a couple months ago I decided to tune in during morning drive and god help me figure out how this remains on the air. It's by default of course. If there were a local alternative this would not fly past one set of arbitron books.

I don't know why but Walter is the least annoying of the bunch to me. Maybe because he is not as anal and tunnel-visioned as Parker or wet tissue-y and stuttering as Chancellor or overly homerish as Jeff. In any case, I don't see any changes soon. Charlie Parker has been around too long and is just riding some de facto tenure. Their sports opinions and the way they bring them across just does not appeal to me.

I vent here because this is a great forum for discussions with locals who can experience this. I could call and complain but I honestly don't care that much, it's much easier to just do this(plus I'm sure marketing gurus are gurus because they know where they can get the pulse of a demographic 25-35). When I am in local sports moods I may switch on during drive time as I have no other local alternative but I swear I change that dial so quick my radio does flips. ...it is just not compelling radio.

p.s. while I have never been a great fan of the former host of afternoon...don harris, i do have to say I caught an inside scoop that lived up to the billing.
Maybe it was not so much inside scoop as it was intelligent, well thought out and extremely informative with the right amount of conjecture. That to me is sports talk and local at that. Don's scoop on thursday or wednesday, was about Butler. He gave a very indepth opinion with supporting evidence as to why he believes the Spurs have a good chance to get Butler. I loved the connections he made with Isiah being on a short leash and the Knicks owner's dissatisfaction with the way his checkbooks has been mistreated(my very liberal interpretation). You add this to the idea that Butler is a Larry Brown guy and not high on Isiah's buddy list along with the fact that any match of the Spurs offer doubles the price for the Knicks organization and that gives me compelling locals sports radio... :fro So, if this were the norm at 760 I would be a loyal listener.
But again, kudos to Don's segment.

...i...love...you. ha ha. actually, and i am sure you have already read my previous posts, i give my reasoning for this consistant bitching. funny thing is, i don't even listen to the show....not even for 5 minutes in the past two months. i was just reminded how much i cannot stand ALL local talent (can i even use that word) just hearing the promos for the shows....on the WEEKENDS. ughh, its like i cannot escape it.

anyway, i always listen to 1420 anyway.....i just want to keep this thread going.....maybe someday, somehow, somebody will read it or keep reading until something is done. i want these people fired....

just to show that i want the best person for the job....i actually kind of know jeff. we both went to alamo heights, he was 2 years ahead of me i think...and i knew jordan (she was in my year and his sister). sorry jeff, but if you're reading this.....you suck ass. get the fuck off the radio...

johngateswhiteley
07-17-2006, 06:33 AM
...i am so jacked up and ready...not to listen to the morning show w/charlie & chance!!!! ....die a slow death girls....

PeterBurns
07-17-2006, 10:21 AM
Yes. But that damn Fantasy Football show kicks ass.

johngateswhiteley
07-17-2006, 10:24 AM
...contemplating listening to the show for 5 min tomorrow so i can have fresh material to rip them with. can't do it today as i will busy running around on my bike.

heck this might actually be a good idea; they say something ridiculously stupid about every 10-15 seconds. so in about 5 min i could be set with a fresh posts-worth of goodies. i think i'll do that starting tomorrow....i know everyone here is excited about that.

...oh, and in case you did not hear me earlier stsa and morning show....YOU SUCK!

johngateswhiteley
07-17-2006, 10:26 AM
Yes. But that damn Fantasy Football show kicks ass.

...its not....bad. :drunk

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-17-2006, 10:27 AM
I hereby propose that any thread that mentions the Sports Chick, any thread that Peter Burns posts in, or well, any thread anybody else cares to think about, has a picture of the Sports Chick in it.

johngateswhiteley
07-17-2006, 10:42 AM
I hereby propose that any thread that mentions the Sports Chick, any thread that Peter Burns posts in, or well, any thread anybody else cares to think about, has a picture of the Sports Chick in it.

...while i appreciate your goal of hot women, and stacy is a pretty cute girl....please don't take away the point of this thread. which is total disregard of anything resembling a sports talk show by the ass clowns known as charlie & chance, vex & walter.

...other than that you have my full support. :elephant

johngateswhiteley
07-22-2006, 06:33 AM
...listened to the morning show for about 15 minutes the other day right before the Tony Bruno show on 1420.

umm, they were talking about man laws once you get married and how you don't have to go to weddings anymore, or something like that. then there was a comment made by charlie, insisting that men don't have to go to weddings...they went to their own, or something to that tune. then chance chimed in with how charlie just started about 100,000 fights in San Antonio.

***News Flash*** jake-off! nobody is listening to your stupid show....at least nobody should be. anyway, i about fell off my ladder. btw, anybody know where i can actually find local radio show ratings for San Antonio? but in the whole fifteen minutes there was not really even one discussion or even report on SPORTS!!!

...side note: http://www.ticket760.com/timages/page/david120.jpg

chance....been taking it in the rear lately?

johngateswhiteley
07-22-2006, 07:36 AM
(sig checking)

T Park
07-22-2006, 10:34 AM
Johngates.

Grow the fuck up.

johngateswhiteley
07-22-2006, 11:18 AM
Johngates.

Grow the fuck up.

whoa, whoa, whoa....settle down there son. just voicing my opinion.....as are you.
:lol

johngateswhiteley
07-23-2006, 10:21 AM
rejoice, rejoice....it is a weekend day. no walter, jeff no shitty sports talk today. rejoice, rejoice....i shall hear sports today. no american idol talk and babbling is in the way......

YEAH!!!!!!

CharlieMac
07-23-2006, 10:38 AM
the more and more I listen, I really like Charlie and Chance in the morning. I used to not like Charlie until I realized that I was complaining about him complaining all the time. Chance always has a good story to tell and is pretty up front. I don't know if the stories are true or not, but I can appreciate when someone says that they don't know anything about how to light a water heater. It takes a man to admit that, especially on a sports talk show.

Erik Grey can be funny at times. But there are times when he is probably better of not talking. He's one of thiose people that's good for a one-liner and that's it. Some times people get too confident and force is when they make a good wise-crack. He's one of those people.

johngateswhiteley
07-23-2006, 03:59 PM
to the tune of Sting & the Police's Roxanne:

walter & vex, you don't have to talk sports tonight
Those days are over
You don't have to run a sports talk show right
Walter & vex, you should wear that dress tonight
Knowing nothing about sports
Nate Lundy don't care if its wrong or if its right

walter & Vex, you never get your facts right
walter & vex, your opinions are ever slight
not talking sports tonight?
please talk sports tonight!
why won't you talk sports tonight!
i am begging you talk sports tonight!
you never talk sports at night!

i hate STSA since i heard ya
so i'll always talk down to ya
I have to tell the world just how i feel
Or I would not be doing justice to myself
I know my mind is made up
So put on your make up
Told you once I told you a million times...your a bad host

walter & vex, i have a perfect job for your night
walter & vex, take your dresses and your TJ flight
Your sucking donkey balls tonight
Your munching donkey cock tonight
stay on your knees tonight
its big hollywood lights tonight
your gonna be stars tonight
lights....camera....action
your the stars tonight
you've been preparing your whole life
your the stars tonight
enjoy yourself tonight.....

pooh
07-24-2006, 02:45 AM
That's just too funny johngates. STSA is just unbearable to listen to. Charlie and Chance is just as bad. And could someone please extract Chance's tongue from Tiger Woods' ass. Geez, anyone catch him this weekend on the news? I'll bet there was a wet spot where he stood during the newscast.

T Park
07-24-2006, 03:36 AM
just voicing my opinion.....as are you

No your posting bullshit.

Im posting fact, that your acting like a 12 year old girl who hates the other 12 year old girl in class.

Grow up.

T Park
07-24-2006, 03:38 AM
someone please extract Chance's tongue from Tiger Woods' ass.

So the guy gets ripped up for liking Tiger?

Lovely.

More intelligent drivel spouted from the mouth of the ultimate bandwagoner.

AlamoSpursFan
07-24-2006, 03:48 AM
Last time I checked, Tiger just won The Open. Again.

For some reason, FSR re-hired the waste of humanity known as Chuck Booms and Saturday night he went off because ESPN showed highlights of Tiger tearing up that shitty course but not Sergio Garcia doing the same thing. Hey Chuckster, Tiger's American and Joto ERRRRR Sergio is Spanish. The ESP in ESPN doesn't stand for Spain. Here's a guess...Chuckie the Closet Monster (not that there's anything WRONG with that) won't say shit about Tiger winning when he hits the air next week when tens of people are listening during that all-important Saturday night midnight drive hour.

Chuck Booms...consistently pulling in a .3 share among drunk drivers age 21-35.

johngateswhiteley
07-24-2006, 04:49 AM
That's just too funny johngates. STSA is just unbearable to listen to. Charlie and Chance is just as bad. And could someone please extract Chance's tongue from Tiger Woods' ass. Geez, anyone catch him this weekend on the news? I'll bet there was a wet spot where he stood during the newscast.

...ahh thanks man. it took a lot of hard work...actually about 10 minutes, lol. when i think about stsa and the morning show insults just flow.

ha ha, i have not heard the show in a long time, though i did listen for about 15 minutes the other day. so i cannot comment about the Tiger ass sucking that day. but i do know chance is fond of blowing Tiger, so i am not surprised.

T-Park-
...thanks for your input, it is greatly appreciated. you are that balance i have been seeking...really my whole life. i just have one question for you....do you swallow?

...btw, nobody likes a suck-up no matter how good the guy getting sucked is. chance is a tool and charlie is a no-talent loser that must have sucked his way through radio all these years.

:drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk

CharlieMac
07-24-2006, 08:54 AM
Last time I checked, Tiger just won The Open. Again.

For some reason, FSR re-hired the waste of humanity known as Chuck Booms and Saturday night he went off because ESPN showed highlights of Tiger tearing up that shitty course but not Sergio Garcia doing the same thing. Hey Chuckster, Tiger's American and Joto ERRRRR Sergio is Spanish. The ESP in ESPN doesn't stand for Spain. Here's a guess...Chuckie the Closet Monster (not that there's anything WRONG with that) won't say shit about Tiger winning when he hits the air next week when tens of people are listening during that all-important Saturday night midnight drive hour.

Chuck Booms...consistently pulling in a .3 share among drunk drivers age 21-35.

Good to know when he is on. I'll admit, I love hating Booms.

johngateswhiteley
07-24-2006, 11:17 AM
...i don't mind chuck booms. while i may not agree with everything he says...he is not afraid to speak his mind and that is refreshing. in any case, he is miles ahead of stsa and the morning show.

Solid D
07-24-2006, 03:33 PM
Chuck Booms comes across on radio as basically a flaming racist.

johngateswhiteley
07-24-2006, 07:44 PM
Chuck Booms comes across on radio as basically a flaming racist.

and yet he is not. only those with little intelligence truly believe he is a racist. chuck booms is one of those progressive individuals that is so beyond racism that he can joke about it...exactly what this over politically correct extremely touchy country needs.

...that being said, he is nowhere near my favorite sports talk host. but....light years better than stsa and morning show.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-24-2006, 09:01 PM
and yet he is not. only those with little intelligence truly believe he is a racist.

And at this point, saying Solid D has little intelligence (considering he said he came across as that and not necessarily that he was), is where you've lost any leverage you had in this conversation.

johngateswhiteley
07-24-2006, 09:48 PM
And at this point, saying Solid D has little intelligence (considering he said he came across as that and not necessarily that he was), is where you've lost any leverage you had in this conversation.

...apparently you have trouble reading. on a side note, why oh why Lord...do people only read what they want to read? can't people just comprehend the words in front of them?

two things Johnny:
1. i never said Solid D has little intelligence
2. i don't think Solid D has little intelligence

...wtf are you talking about Johnny? nothing in my post says or even infers that Solid D is of little intelligence. i am simply pointing out those that think Chuch Booms is a racist are not so smart. i have no idea if Solid D thinks Chuck Booms is a racist or not....he has said nothing that would indicate either way.

....learn how to read bro.

johngateswhiteley
07-25-2006, 11:57 PM

...how come nobody else appreciates my song but you and i? is this what the world has come to? no recognition of serious art work....its just sad. :depressed

johngateswhiteley
08-04-2006, 11:22 AM
bump :depressed

johngateswhiteley
08-07-2006, 06:22 PM
:depressed

...i hate you...jeff, walter, charlie and chance. i hate you i hate you i hate you i hate you.

johngateswhiteley
08-18-2006, 07:11 AM
...listening to mike and mike in the morning...err...this morning. and these sub-hosts are kicking the crap out of mike and mike. i can't recall their names but i think one is Eric and the other played for the cowboys (woodsen maybe?). anyway, these guys have a great demeanor, chemistry, and knowledge. mike and mike always sound like they are on crack and can never relax...plus they are stupid.

Mr. Peabody
08-18-2006, 07:44 AM
:depressed

...i hate you...jeff, walter, charlie and chance. i hate you i hate you i hate you i hate you.

I completely agree. The other day, I turned to STSA to see if I could catch some commentary on the Cowboys, Texans, Team USA,...anything having to do with sports. What I got was thirty minutes of Wally and Vex talking about whether people should park in spaces for the disabled. Not one mention of anything having to do with sports during this entire period. The entire show was just Wally and Vex laughing at their own jokes.

The thing that really bugs me is that when people do call in to complain about the non-sports topics these guys spend all their time discussing, one of them will inevitably say something like "There's more to life than just sports." No shit, but you are hosts on sports talk radio. It's not like you are the only station on the radio and you have some duty to keep me informed about news outside the world of sports. If I want to hear non-sports material I can tune into every other goddamn station.

Let's face it, it's not like I listen to STSA because Wally and Vex have such great takes on world events or their great sense of comedy. They are talentless hacks. Most of their commentary is the same crap everyone else is saying and their humor makes me long for the days of Emo Philips or Gallagher. And what's with these guys constantly laughing at their own jokes? The worst thing is that it's not "Let me laugh at my own joke because it's funny" (ala Eddie Murphy or Mitch Hedberg). It's more like "Hey, let me laugh at my own joke for the next ten seconds while I think of something else to say" (like some drunk dumbass trying to talk to you at a bar).

I don't get it. People listen hoping to get some talk about sports. Why doesn't anyone clue them in about this?

pooh
08-18-2006, 08:46 PM
I completely agree. The other day, I turned to STSA to see if I could catch some commentary on the Cowboys, Texans, Team USA,...anything having to do with sports. What I got was thirty minutes of Wally and Vex talking about whether people should park in spaces for the disabled. Not one mention of anything having to do with sports during this entire period. The entire show was just Wally and Vex laughing at their own jokes.

The thing that really bugs me is that when people do call in to complain about the non-sports topics these guys spend all their time discussing, one of them will inevitably say something like "There's more to life than just sports." No shit, but you are hosts on sports talk radio. It's not like you are the only station on the radio and you have some duty to keep me informed about news outside the world of sports. If I want to hear non-sports material I can tune into every other goddamn station.

Let's face it, it's not like I listen to STSA because Wally and Vex have such great takes on world events or their great sense of comedy. They are talentless hacks. Most of their commentary is the same crap everyone else is saying and their humor makes me long for the days of Emo Philips or Gallagher. And what's with these guys constantly laughing at their own jokes? The worst thing is that it's not "Let me laugh at my own joke because it's funny" (ala Eddie Murphy or Mitch Hedberg). It's more like "Hey, let me laugh at my own joke for the next ten seconds while I think of something else to say" (like some drunk dumbass trying to talk to you at a bar).

I don't get it. People listen hoping to get some talk about sports. Why doesn't anyone clue them in about this?

I agree with what you're saying. STSA is painful to listen to. I will listen to the show once in awhile but I can only stomach 5-10 minutes worth until I have to switch it.

The unfortunate thing about Sports Talk radio is that every host tries to be some sort of a combination of Jim Rome and Howard Stern. Down here, we just have the Thompson Brothers, who are very good when they do the national show but to hear them locally it's too "homerish" and "we, us, them, etc." After awhile that gets very annoying

Gorilla Ashwood once told me that you can't just do a straight Sports show because people will turn out. You have to throw in other things to keep listeners. Unfortunately, the "extra stuff" just doesn't hold up. What hurts is you have hosts who just because they "played the game" have some "affilation with a team" they're suddenly the "expert" on that topic. Well, you're not.

Vex is an overblown Spurs' fanatic. He views the world through Spurs glasses , win or lose. Walter is probably the luckiest man in town. From busting tables at the Rivercenter Marriott to co-hosting a Sports show with zero experience. If that isn't luck, I don't know what is.

Funny thing (yeah I know I'm rolling - but hey I haven't posted in a long ass time and I have a lot to see so whatever) remember that contest where they were looking for someone to have their own show for six months? Have you noticed that 760 never promotes the show? Nevertheless, they be toast in a few months and be replaced by probably Nate and Pete Burns with MORE fantasy sports.

Personally I think 760 should just flip to completely broadcasting Fox Sports Radio (leaving Rome on of course). Of course you'll have the "fans" of the local shows (and believe it or not, they actually have fans) screaming we want local sports. To them I say this...you have a TV, flip it on 4,5, 12 or Fox 29.

It could be worse folks, you could have Don Harris back on doing "Match Game" with Walter. *Shivers*

johngateswhiteley
08-19-2006, 07:53 PM

...its like i am talking to myself. you are exactly right! and if you go back and look at my previous posts you'll note that one of my biggest problems with these hosts, other than they are dumb, is that they don't talk about sports. if i wanted to listen to something other than sports i would tune in ANY other channel.

Pooh-
...thats what i don't get. why do these radio stations think that if a local SPORTS talk show talks about SPORTS...nobody will listen. in the past, the only reason people may not have listened is b/c the hosts they are picking SUCK. don harris=sucks. your right, they should go to ALL FSR or, imo, ALL SNR. or heres an idea...hire somebody with a PERSONALITY AND knows SPORTS.

johngateswhiteley
09-11-2006, 01:50 AM
bump

dirk4mvp.
09-11-2006, 12:10 PM
You don't have to bump a topic you can add to it by saying something new, If not then your just as lame as the ticket. :lol

johnsmith
09-11-2006, 12:36 PM
You don't have to bump a topic you can add to it by saying something new, If not then your just as lame as the ticket. :lol

Nothing is as lame as the ticket.

johngateswhiteley
09-13-2006, 05:06 AM

...lol, thats pathetic. i am hoping people add to this thread, nothing more nothing less. i have not listened to the ticket in some time....but i am know it still sucks.

johnsmith
09-13-2006, 07:20 AM
...lol, thats pathetic. i am hoping people add to this thread, nothing more nothing less. i have not listened to the ticket in some time....but i am know it still sucks.

Agreed. Last weekend a buddy of mine was over at some dudes house that works in radio to watch the UT game. Charlie Parker was there as well. My buddy described Parker as this, "just like he sounds on the radio, a fat slob that talks about 60's music and makes young women uncomfortable to be around". After laughing at this description, I proceeded to yell at my buddy for not taking this opportunity to live out one of my dreams, punch Charlie Parker in the huge head.

johngateswhiteley
09-14-2006, 02:00 AM
Agreed. Last weekend a buddy of mine was over at some dudes house that works in radio to watch the UT game. Charlie Parker was there as well. My buddy described Parker as this, "just like he sounds on the radio, a fat slob that talks about 60's music and makes young women uncomfortable to be around". After laughing at this description, I proceeded to yell at my buddy for not taking this opportunity to live out one of my dreams, punch Charlie Parker in the huge head.

LMFAO! LMFAO! oh, man...you got me. i was not expected your last sentence, PURE EXCELLENCE!

...that reminds me of my dream not long ago....to rest my penis on vexler's forehead while eating a sandwich.

HuskerinSA
09-14-2006, 10:26 AM
The local shows are horrible. Charlie and Chance sound like they're trying too hard to be funny. I honestly don't see that show lasting much longer. I don't think they are aware of anything going on outside of san antonio as far as sports go. The afternoon show with that dude walter makes me want throw up. The sound of that losers voice makes me change the station reguardless of what they're talking about.

johnsmith
09-14-2006, 11:44 AM
The local shows are horrible. Charlie and Chance sound like they're trying too hard to be funny. I honestly don't see that show lasting much longer. I don't think they are aware of anything going on outside of san antonio as far as sports go. The afternoon show with that dude walter makes me want throw up. The sound of that losers voice makes me change the station reguardless of what they're talking about.

I didn't think they'd last this long.

johngateswhiteley
09-16-2006, 05:16 AM
I didn't think they'd last this long.

no kidding! what the fuck is wrong with clear channel and why are they so fucking stupid? damn...

Mr. Peabody
09-16-2006, 09:23 AM
no kidding! what the fuck is wrong with clear channel and why are they so fucking stupid? damn...

The problem is that people do listen to the show. Some people even call in and try to be comedians with Charlie/Chance/Wally/Vex. I just don't understand how people find them funny. Their jokes are so obvious and they just spend the whole show laughing at themselves.

johngateswhiteley
09-18-2006, 05:09 AM
The problem is that people do listen to the show. Some people even call in and try to be comedians with Charlie/Chance/Wally/Vex. I just don't understand how people find them funny. Their jokes are so obvious and they just spend the whole show laughing at themselves.

...well, your exactly right that there is no substance to the show whatsoever; they do burn over half the time laughing. i guess it can all be summed up with one famous quote, "never underestimate the ignorance of the masses."

although, i think the masses would be greater if there were different hosts. btw, there is no way the shows ratings are very high....that is impossible.

oh and yes, if you like the show you are a moron...either that or you don't like sports.

johnsmith
09-18-2006, 07:54 AM
...well, your exactly right that there is no substance to the show whatsoever; they do burn over half the time laughing. i guess it can all be summed up with one famous quote, "never underestimate the ignorance of the masses."

although, i think the masses would be greater if there were different hosts. btw, there is no way the shows ratings are very high....that is impossible.

oh and yes, if you like the show you are a moron...either that or you don't like sports.

I agree, I've always wanted to see the ratings for SA radio and see where these guys rank. Problem is, they are the only local sports show. If they had a competitor like every other real city in the country, they would blow.

katyon6th
09-18-2006, 09:49 AM
johnsmith = johngateswhitely

?

johngateswhiteley
09-18-2006, 10:41 AM
johnsmith = johngateswhitely

?

unbelievable! you question our integrity?!!! lol.

...all i know is johnsmith is one smart dude. if you do a little research i think you'll find he signed up before me....and if you wanted to go further, Kori could comfirm we are in fact...not the same person, lol. funny nonetheless Katy dear...

katyon6th
09-18-2006, 10:55 AM
unbelievable! you question our integrity?!!! lol.

...all i know is johnsmith is one smart dude. if you do a little research i think you'll find he signed up before me....and if you wanted to go further, Kori could comfirm we are in fact...not the same person, lol. funny nonetheless Katy dear...

I'm glad I could humor you.

johngateswhiteley
09-19-2006, 01:26 AM
I'm glad I could humor you.

..something to be proud of, not many can.

katyon6th
09-19-2006, 06:39 AM
..something to be proud of, not many can.

Certainly not the 760 crew. But they can't even make me laugh and I'm full of giggles.

johnsmith
09-19-2006, 07:03 AM
Certainly not the 760 crew. But they can't even make me laugh and I'm full of giggles.

Bless you Katy.

johngateswhiteley
09-19-2006, 07:42 AM

...lol. well, thats b/c they suck ass.

katyon6th
09-19-2006, 09:10 AM
Bless you Katy.

That's just uncomfortable.

screamformelongbeach
10-18-2006, 01:11 AM

Freaking hilarious...that is my dream too, the only difference is I would punch David Chancellor in his Droopy Dog-looking jowls first. Parker's hippie schtick failed miserably back in the 90's, and even that idiot Andrew FatAsswood recognized how much he sucked at sports when he jettisoned Parker to WOAI in favor of Tony Bruno. But as much as Parker sucks, Chancellor has set new levels of suckiness. By his own admission, the guy cruises into the station a couple of minutes before air time, and it shows. Does he think his pedophile-like obsession with reporting high school sports for TV the night before adequately prepares him for 3 hours of radio sports talk? I guess he thinks that the louder he screams like a shrill banshee, the more people will like him. Think again, Droopy Dog Chancellor. Stick with lurking on the high school campuses every Friday night, and please, for the love of God, consult with a dermatologist or plastic surgeon ASAP and ask for some Restylane treatment to fill in your jowl lines.

For all of you who crave quality sports talk in the morning, you can pick up Tony Bruno out of New Braunfels on 1420-AM from 9-12...even better, you can pick up the entire show from 8-12 over the internet at www.1540theticket.com

johngateswhiteley
10-18-2006, 01:18 AM
Freaking hilarious...that is my dream too, the only difference is I would punch David Chancellor in his Droopy Dog-looking jowls first. Parker's hippie schtick failed miserably back in the 90's, and even that idiot Andrew FatAsswood recognized how much he sucked at sports when he jettisoned Parker to WOAI in favor of Tony Bruno. But as much as Parker sucks, Chancellor has set new levels of suckiness. By his own admission, the guy cruises into the station a couple of minutes before air time, and it shows. Does he think his pedophile-like obsession with reporting high school sports for TV the night before adequately prepares him for 3 hours of radio sports talk? I guess he thinks that the louder he screams like a shrill banshee, the more people will like him. Think again, Droopy Dog Chancellor. Stick with lurking on the high school campuses every Friday night, and please, for the love of God, consult with a dermatologist or plastic surgeon ASAP and ask for some Restylane treatment to fill in your jowl lines.

For all of you who crave quality sports talk in the morning, you can pick up Tony Bruno out of New Braunfels on 1420-AM from 9-12...even better, you can pick up the entire show from 8-12 over the internet at www.1540theticket.com

you make me so happy i could....... :cry i thought nobody cared about this thread anymore.

i love you.

screamformelongbeach
10-18-2006, 01:45 AM
you make me so happy i could....... :cry i thought nobody cared about this thread anymore.

i love you.

I've been intending to chime in on this thread for a while. I joined the forum for the sole purpose of commenting on how much 760 sucks.

By the way, does anyone know why Lundy and Burns got punked out of their national fantasy football gig on Fox Sports Radio? Lundy was proudly trumpeting their national debut back in August, but when the show premiered, lo and behold it was the Thompson Brothers at the helm instead. Did FatAsswood stab Lundy in the back? I find the whole thing hilarious, as they both deserve to be fired. On one hand, we have Asswood, who refuses to renew Bruno's contract because he believes Van Earl Wright can replace him without skipping a beat :lol And on the other hand, we have Lundy, who insists on shoving a lineup of Droopy Dog Chancellor/The Burned-out Hippie and Vexler the Midget/Wally the Busboy down our collective throats. :dizzy

johngateswhiteley
10-18-2006, 02:34 AM
I've been intending to chime in on this thread for a while. I joined the forum for the sole purpose of commenting on how much 760 sucks.

By the way, does anyone know why Lundy and Burns got punked out of their national fantasy football gig on Fox Sports Radio? Lundy was proudly trumpeting their national debut back in August, but when the show premiered, lo and behold it was the Thompson Brothers at the helm instead. Did FatAsswood stab Lundy in the back? I find the whole thing hilarious, as they both deserve to be fired. On one hand, we have Asswood, who refuses to renew Bruno's contract because he believes Van Earl Wright can replace him without skipping a beat :lol And on the other hand, we have Lundy, who insists on shoving a lineup of Droopy Dog Chancellor/The Burned-out Hippie and Vexler the Midget/Wally the Busboy down our collective throats. :dizzy

well that, my dear friend, is a truly wonderful thing. its nice to have more people on this board that realize what a travesty has beset us.

King
10-18-2006, 08:15 AM

It (the fantasy football show) was a conflict of interest with contracts, as I understand it. It had nothing to do with ratings.

And that's why Parker/Chance and Vex/Walter are still on. Ratings. I don't necessarily like either show or think either are good - but people listen. Perhaps it's because of the lack of competition, but the bottom line doesn't show that. It shows that people still listen.

johnsmith
10-18-2006, 08:40 AM
It (the fantasy football show) was a conflict of interest with contracts, as I understand it. It had nothing to do with ratings.

And that's why Parker/Chance and Vex/Walter are still on. Ratings. I don't necessarily like either show or think either are good - but people listen. Perhaps it's because of the lack of competition, but the bottom line doesn't show that. It shows that people still listen.

I fucking hate the argument that people still listen. THE ONLY FUCKING REASON PEOPLE LISTEN IS BECAUSE THERE ARE NO OTHER OPTIONS IN TOWN FOR FUCK'S SAKE. I would imagine the ratings are damn near the same when they had decent shows on in the morning such as Mike & Mike, Tony Bruno, or Czabe because again, there isn't anything else to compete against them.

And where can I see these ratings? I always wanted to see these damn things. No one has ever been able to show me these.

I hope Charlie falls down a pit that leads to nowhere and is never heard from again. Honestly though, the only time I've ever liked that show was when I sent Charlie an email complaining about his show under the name "John Smith" and he spent 45 of the first hour of one of his shows crying about it.

johnsmith
10-18-2006, 08:40 AM

i love you.

JGW, we'll always keep this dream alive.

Mr. Peabody
10-18-2006, 08:51 AM
Honestly though, the only time I've ever liked that show was when I sent Charlie an email complaining about his show under the name "John Smith" and he spent 45 of the first hour of one of his shows crying about it.

I've heard people call in and complain about to Charile/Chance & Wally/Vex about the content of their shows. In fact, on one show Wally/Vex made the complaining caller the "Dumbass of the Week." The guy was calling in to say that they should talk more about sports instead of their other inane topics. Wally and Vex got all bent out of shape and spent the rest of the broadcast ridiculing the guy.

Hell, I agree with the caller. I don't need to hear "The Decorum Forum" or "Wally's Hollywood Minute" or "Stacey the Sports Chick." They're not good bits to begin with, plus you add the fact that these guys are simply not that funny.

screamformelongbeach
10-18-2006, 08:54 AM
>>>>>I hope Charlie falls down a pit that leads to nowhere and is never heard from again. Honestly though, the only time I've ever liked that show was when I sent Charlie an email complaining about his show under the name "John Smith" and he spent 45 of the first hour of one of his shows crying about it<<<<<[/QUOTE]

I've heard similar rants from that Hippie about e-mails that criticize the show, and I love how he pretends that it's always the same guy complaining over and over again. Yeah, Hippie, go ahead and keep on believing that only ONE person hates your piece of crap show. And hey, Hippie, when are you going to "walk backwards to Houston if Reggie Bush isn't taken number one in the draft"???? He sure swept that one under the carpet.

Solid D
10-18-2006, 09:35 AM
If people who listen to the Ticket 760 lineup are morons, then why self-indict by continuing to comment on their show day after day?

Mr. Peabody
10-18-2006, 09:40 AM
If people who listen to the Ticket 760 lineup are morons, then why self-indict by continuing to comment on their show day after day?

I think that's the prevailing theme of this thread. There is no other sportstalk station in SA, so if you want to hear any sportstalk at all, you have to listen to 760. That doesn't mean that the station doesn't suck. It just means is that the station has no other competition.

For example, when the whole TO "suicide" story broke, I wanted to hear some updates and commentary on the story. Well, I had to tune into 760 because I had no other choice. No other radio station was discussing the story.

screamformelongbeach
10-18-2006, 10:50 AM
I think that's the prevailing theme of this thread. There is no other sportstalk station in SA, so if you want to hear any sportstalk at all, you have to listen to 760. That doesn't mean that the station doesn't suck. It just means is that the station has no other competition.

For example, when the whole TO "suicide" story broke, I wanted to hear some updates and commentary on the story. Well, I had to tune into 760 because I had no other choice. No other radio station was discussing the story.

Precisely. Bruno doesn't even come on locally until 9 a.m., and even then it's mostly static thanks to the 500 watt hair dryer that is 1420-KGNB's signal. Honestly, who in his/her right mind would actually CHOOSE Jowls Chancellor and Hippie Parker over Tony Bruno, IF he/she had the choice??!! That's the problem we have, no freedom of choice. (And please, spare me the "listen over the internet then" or "get satellite radio" comments).

johnsmith
10-18-2006, 11:15 AM
I've heard similar rants from that Hippie about e-mails that criticize the show, and I love how he pretends that it's always the same guy complaining over and over again. Yeah, Hippie, go ahead and keep on believing that only ONE person hates your piece of crap show. And hey, Hippie, when are you going to "walk backwards to Houston if Reggie Bush isn't taken number one in the draft"???? He sure swept that one under the carpet.

When he read mine on the air he literally spent the first 45 minutes of the show talking about it, I was in tears I was laughing so hard. He was seriously pissed about it, you could hear it in his voice. Then of course you have the extremely intelligent listeners call in and say, "that John Smith just sounds like an idiot, he should give you guys his phone number so you could call him over the air". Yeah, good thinking jackass, I'm going to give a radio show my phone number when they obviously hate me and then they'd have full control over the conversation.

Anyway, it was one of the proudest moments of my life, and was initially the reason I signed up on this website so I could find out if anyone had heard it, unfortunately no one did.

Mr. Peabody
10-18-2006, 11:33 AM
When he read mine on the air he literally spent the first 45 minutes of the show talking about it, I was in tears I was laughing so hard. He was seriously pissed about it, you could hear it in his voice. Then of course you have the extremely intelligent listeners call in and say, "that John Smith just sounds like an idiot, he should give you guys his phone number so you could call him over the air". Yeah, good thinking jackass, I'm going to give a radio show my phone number when they obviously hate me and then they'd have full control over the conversation.

Anyway, it was one of the proudest moments of my life, and was initially the reason I signed up on this website so I could find out if anyone had heard it, unfortunately no one did.

I heard it on my way into work that day.

johnsmith
10-18-2006, 12:14 PM
I heard it on my way into work that day.

Did you really? You are seriously the first person that's said they heard that. It was good stuff wasn't it? I wish I would have saved the email.

King
10-18-2006, 12:27 PM
I fucking hate the argument that people still listen. THE ONLY FUCKING REASON PEOPLE LISTEN IS BECAUSE THERE ARE NO OTHER OPTIONS IN TOWN FOR FUCK'S SAKE. I would imagine the ratings are damn near the same when they had decent shows on in the morning such as Mike & Mike, Tony Bruno, or Czabe because again, there isn't anything else to compete against them.

Re-read the part where I said 'it probably has to do with a lack of competition...but the bottom line doesn't show that.' I agree with you. The shows on right now simply aren't that good. I'm just saying that the reason they're on is because people listen - and the reason people listen, are because they're still on. It's sort of a catch 22. Advertising is bought because the listeners listen because it's the only game in town. So, the station makes a lot of money.

Any program would probably pull in the same thing, but from purely a business standpoint, if it ain't broke...

johnsmith
10-18-2006, 12:50 PM
Re-read the part where I said 'it probably has to do with a lack of competition...but the bottom line doesn't show that.' I agree with you. The shows on right now simply aren't that good. I'm just saying that the reason they're on is because people listen - and the reason people listen, are because they're still on. It's sort of a catch 22. Advertising is bought because the listeners listen because it's the only game in town. So, the station makes a lot of money.

Any program would probably pull in the same thing, but from purely a business standpoint, if it ain't broke...

Got ya, but your last line is the thing about it. They used to have national shows on in the morning and everything was wonderful, they eventually switched to the garbage they have on now.

johnsmith
10-18-2006, 12:58 PM
Seriously though, does anyone know where to look for radio show ratings? Is there such a thing or do they just base it on advertisement money coming in? I haven't been able to find anything by just googling. This is a question for Peter Burns, where is that douche bag when you need him?

Mr. Peabody
10-18-2006, 01:08 PM
Seriously though, does anyone know where to look for radio show ratings? Is there such a thing or do they just base it on advertisement money coming in? I haven't been able to find anything by just googling. This is a question for Peter Burns, where is that douche bag when you need him?

Radio shows have ratings. KTKR is tied for last.

Link (http://www.fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=17530)

San Antonio, TX (29)

STATION FORMAT OWNER WIN 06 SPR 06 SUM 06 P-1 SUM 06 P-2 Rnk
KBBT-FM URBAN HISPANIC 7.7 9.1 8.8 9.1 1
KAJA-FM COUNTRY CLEAR CHANNEL 5.0 6.3 5.8 5.7 2
KCYY-FM COUNTRY COX 4.1 5.0 5.5 5.3 3
KISS-FM ROCK COX 5.6 4.4 4.9 5.2 4
KONO-FM OLDIES COX 5.5 4.8 4.9 4.9 5
KXTN-FM TEJANO HISPANIC 3.6 4.5 4.4 4.5 6
KQXT-FM AC CLEAR CHANNEL 4.4 4.3 4.1 4.1 7
WOAI-AM NEWS/TALK CLEAR CHANNEL 4.0 4.5 3.8 3.8 8
KROM-FM REG.MEXICAN HISPANIC 4.8 4.5 4.7 3.4 9t
KXXM-FM CHR CLEAR CHANNEL 3.3 3.7 3.8 3.4 9t
KZEP-FM CLASSIC ROCK LOTUS 3.6 2.8 3.0 3.4 9t
KTSA-AM NEWS/TALK CBS RADIO 2.6 3.1 3.1 3.2 12
KTFM-FM URBAN OLDIES BORDER MEDIA 3.3 3.1 2.8 3.1 13
KELZ-FM CHR COX 1.7 2.7 3.2 3.0 14t
KJXK-FM ADULT HITS CBS RADIO 2.8 3.1 2.8 3.0 14t
KSMG-FM HOT AC COX 3.0 2.9 2.9 2.6 16
KCOR-FM SPANISH HITS HISPANIC 4.6 3.8 3.7 2.5 17
KSAH-AM REG.MEXICAN SBS 2.4 2.0 2.4 2.0 18
KKYX-AM CLASSIC COUNTRY COX 1.7 1.4 1.5 1.8 19
KRIO-FM SPANISH CONTEMP. BARGER 1.1 1.3 1.4 1.4 20t
KLEY-FM REG.MEXICAN SBS 1.0 1.1 1.4 1.4 20t
KTKR-AM SPORTS CLEAR CHANNEL 1.0 1.0 1.1 1.2 22t
KCOR-AM SPANISH HITS HISPANIC 0.4 1.1 0.9 1.2 22t
** Station(s) not reported this survey: KZDC-AM, KWED-AM, KVET-FM in May-Jun-Jul 2006. The estimates provided by Arbitrends v1.4 are derived from the diaries that provide the data in the Radio Market Report and are subject to the limitations stated in that report. Due to these limitations, inherent in Arbitron's methodology, the accuracy of Arbitron audience estimates cannot be determined to any precise mathematical value or definition. Arbitrends is not part of Arbitron's regular syndicated service and is not accredited by the Media Rating Council (MRC).
12+ Mon-Sun, 6a-12mid
Copyright 2006 Arbitron Inc. May not be quoted or reproduced without prior written permission of Arbitron.

johnsmith
10-18-2006, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the info.

That cracks me up, not only are they in last place, but they are too stupid to do anything about it.

samikeyp
10-18-2006, 01:35 PM
That is just it...because they are the only game in town...they don't have to. Its the same up here...only one sports talk station...its not bad though.

screamformelongbeach
10-18-2006, 02:13 PM
A couple of months ago, Parker set aside a day for listeners to submit questions regarding the inner workings of the show. Anyway, Parker stated he had received a lot of questions about Tony Bruno, and he proceeded to relate the contract renewal dispute between Bruno and Asswood. He got most of the facts straight, but displayed his ignorance when he stated that Tony "had a local show" on KNBR in San Francisco before moving over to Sporting News Radio. That is incorrect...Bruno would call in for a daily 15-minute segment with KNBR host Gary Radnich, but he never hosted a full-blown show. I know, because I used to listen to the segment every day over the internet.

Most interesting of all is that Charlie claimed Tony is "a good friend" (doubtful, unless meeting him the one time Tony and Andrew brought the Extravaganza to town for the Final Four qualifies Parker as his "friend"), and that during all the years that Parker has had a show on 760, including the original Parker show in the '90's, Parker's numbers have consistently and handily beaten Bruno's numbers. Can anyone verify this claim?

By the way, as a loyal Bruno listener, I find it interesting that Clear Channel bigwig Red McCombs still comes on Bruno's show on a regular basis to talk sports, but I've only heard him once on Parker's show (during the Saints flirtation period). McCombs clearly is a huge Bruno fan. Hmmm, I wonder who McCombs would rather have in the Clear Channel stable....

johnsmith
10-18-2006, 04:56 PM
A couple of months ago, Parker set aside a day for listeners to submit questions regarding the inner workings of the show. Anyway, Parker stated he had received a lot of questions about Tony Bruno, and he proceeded to relate the contract renewal dispute between Bruno and Asswood. He got most of the facts straight, but displayed his ignorance when he stated that Tony "had a local show" on KNBR in San Francisco before moving over to Sporting News Radio. That is incorrect...Bruno would call in for a daily 15-minute segment with KNBR host Gary Radnich, but he never hosted a full-blown show. I know, because I used to listen to the segment every day over the internet.

Most interesting of all is that Charlie claimed Tony is "a good friend" (doubtful, unless meeting him the one time Tony and Andrew brought the Extravaganza to town for the Final Four qualifies Parker as his "friend"), and that during all the years that Parker has had a show on 760, including the original Parker show in the '90's, Parker's numbers have consistently and handily beaten Bruno's numbers. Can anyone verify this claim?

By the way, as a loyal Bruno listener, I find it interesting that Clear Channel bigwig Red McCombs still comes on Bruno's show on a regular basis to talk sports, but I've only heard him once on Parker's show (during the Saints flirtation period). McCombs clearly is a huge Bruno fan. Hmmm, I wonder who McCombs would rather have in the Clear Channel stable....

I think I'm going to change this thread to the official "Fire Nate Lundy" thread.

Opinionater
10-18-2006, 05:05 PM
IMHO, their ratings would be much better if they simply talked sports.

screamformelongbeach
10-18-2006, 06:49 PM
IMHO, their ratings would be much better if they simply talked sports.

I have no problem with sports talk personalities talking about non-sports topics, AS LONG AS THE HOST IS ENTERTAINING. That's the problem with these Ticket 760 hacks....they suck at talking sports, they suck at talking pop culture, they just plain suck, period. :ihit

johngateswhiteley
10-18-2006, 09:08 PM
I have no problem with sports talk personalities talking about non-sports topics, AS LONG AS THE HOST IS ENTERTAINING. That's the problem with these Ticket 760 hacks....they suck at talking sports, they suck at talking pop culture, they just plain suck, period. :ihit

i agree, though i like when sports talk shows stick to sports. a little other talk here and there is great but keeping on track with the actual theme is best. TONY BRUNO is the best at this, imo. yeah, sometimes he does go on tangents...but at least they are funny.

on a side note, i am really proud seeing where this thread is gone. hopefully, we can get more people in here to voice out against these "wastes of space".

the thing that kills me is...that knowing they are the only show in town, why they settle for less than mediocrity? i don't understand it. is there not pride in their work? do they wish not to succeed? do they want to have low ratings forever? wtf is going on?

T Park
10-18-2006, 10:03 PM
Why not someone just email the company that now owns KTSA and ask them to start an all sports radio station carrying all ESPN programming, or a combo of such.

It would prob do very well.

T Park
10-18-2006, 10:03 PM
Try doing that instead of threatening to punch someone or hoping those people die.

I mean come on how adult is that.

johngateswhiteley
10-18-2006, 10:11 PM
Try doing that instead of threatening to punch someone or hoping those people die.

its called a joke, and as much as i want this thread to be proactive...it is also a venting thread.

...and, btw, i have emailed plenty of people...and not surprisingly, they don't care what one person thinks. hopefully, everyone here will email or write them or something...maybe they have even seen this thread, which would be great.

also...screw it, i would like to punch parker or vex or chance in the head....that would be great.

screamformelongbeach
10-18-2006, 10:42 PM
its called a joke, and as much as i want this thread to be proactive...it is also a venting thread.

...and, btw, i have emailed plenty of people...and not surprisingly, they don't care what one person thinks. hopefully, everyone here will email or write them or something...maybe they have even seen this thread, which would be great.

also...screw it, i would like to punch parker or vex or chance in the head....that would be great.

I have never, ever heard anyone say something along the lines of "Ooh, I LOVE that Charlie and Chance Show. It kicks ass!" From what I have heard, people either hate the Ticket 760 hacks, or they simply tolerate them. Our voices will probably fall on deaf ears (hell, Andrew Asswood is still employed somehow after the Van Earl Wright fiasco), but we absolutely need to put the Clear Channel brass on notice that their product is piss-poor.

johngateswhiteley
10-18-2006, 10:49 PM
I have never, ever heard anyone say something along the lines of "Ooh, I LOVE that Charlie and Chance Show. It kicks ass!" From what I have heard, people either hate the Ticket 760 hacks, or they simply tolerate them. Our voices will probably fall on deaf ears (hell, Andrew Asswood is still employed somehow after the Van Earl Wright fiasco), but we absolutely need to put the Clear Channel brass on notice that their product is piss-poor.

HEAR HEAR! i say...

samikeyp
10-18-2006, 10:51 PM
...and, btw, i have emailed plenty of people...and not surprisingly, they don't care what one person thinks.

Sadly...they don't have to. They know that they are the only game in town so they can do what they want. Sucks but its true.

johngateswhiteley
10-19-2006, 01:16 AM
...it does not have to be true, someone can do something. if i had the resources or was not moving to Montana in November, i would start another show or try and make somebody understand that could come in with something new.

there is always a choice...and a chance, and i don't mean the girl on the radio.

johnsmith
10-19-2006, 07:39 AM

Yeah you fucking idiot, none of us have ever emailed or called the station to complain. Jesus Christ, stay out of the Ticket 760 sucks my cock and loves every minute of it thread if you aren't going to bash them. I just added T Park to my list of people that I want to punch in the head, he falls right below Charlie, Walter, Vex, and Chance (all being interchangeable).

10-19-2006, 08:13 AM
*cough*KickasscompanytruckcamewithXMsonowicanliste ntoFSRalldayonchannel142anddon'thavetoeverturnthed ialto760AM*cough*

johngateswhiteley
10-19-2006, 09:35 AM
Yeah you fucking idiot, none of us have ever emailed or called the station to complain. Jesus Christ, stay out of the Ticket 760 sucks my cock and loves every minute of it thread if you aren't going to bash them. I just added T Park to my list of people that I want to punch in the head, he falls right below Charlie, Walter, Vex, and Chance (all being interchangeable).

lol..............lol, the second laugh was me thinking of punching those guys in the fat head. oh what satisfaction...

screamformelongbeach
10-19-2006, 10:01 AM
Someone really should e-mail this entire thread to that fat slob Parker. If he devoted 45 minutes to John Smith's e-mail, he would probably devote an entire show to whining about our comments.

johnsmith
10-19-2006, 10:15 AM
Someone really should e-mail this entire thread to that fat slob Parker. If he devoted 45 minutes to John Smith's e-mail, he would probably devote an entire show to whining about our comments.

That's really a good idea. Someone else would have to do it though as I'm pretty sure he and Nate Lundy have all my email addresses blocked.

Trainwreck2100
10-19-2006, 10:24 AM
but we absolutely need to put the Clear Channel brass on notice that their product is piss-poor.

CC ain't gonna di shit, those brass are the same people that cancelled the local morning show to pipe in some douche from Dallas.

johngateswhiteley
10-19-2006, 10:40 AM
i wonder if i printed it all out and took it to their offices and placed it on their desks and watched as the read it and laughed at their faces.....................and punched them in their fat heads. what would happen?

Trainwreck2100
10-19-2006, 10:42 AM
THey wouldn't care, still keep all their crap morning shows, (except 97.3 they are #2 in the morning) and call the cops

johngateswhiteley
10-19-2006, 10:48 AM
THey wouldn't care, still keep all their crap morning shows, (except 97.3 they are #2 in the morning) and call the cops

hmm....well that sucks. maybe i shouldn't do it then, or should i?

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-19-2006, 11:01 AM
*cough*KickasscompanytruckcamewithXMsonowicanliste ntoFSRalldayonchannel142anddon'thavetoeverturnthed ialto760AM*cough*

A week ago, my truck broke down right as I was leaving to work, so I had to use another vehicle (w/o even a CD player), and found myself having to listen to about 10-15 minutes of STSA (thankfully ending early because of the NLCS) and vowed to move my Sirius to whichever vehicle I was going to temporarily use until my truck got fixed.

This isn't a slam on the guys wanting the changes, but since I got the satellite, I just don't really give a damn anymore what CC wants to do.

screamformelongbeach
10-19-2006, 11:17 AM
hmm....well that sucks. maybe i shouldn't do it then, or should i?

LOL, can you imagine any of those hacks trying to fight? Have you ever seen any of them? Parker's a fat slob, Lundy has the body of an adolescent pre-teen, Vexler is a pear-shaped midget, Pasacrita hasn't seen the inside of a gym in his entire life, and "former football player" Chancellor must have stopped taking 'roids long ago, as he weighs about 150 lbs (and 1/3 of that weight is in his jowls). :lol

Trainwreck2100
10-19-2006, 11:18 AM
LOL, can you imagine any of those hacks trying to fight? Have you ever seen any of them? Parker's a fat slob, Lundy has the body of an adolescent pre-teen, Vexler is a pear-shaped midget, Pasacrita hasn't seen the inside of a gym in his entire life, and "former football player" Chancellor must have stopped taking 'roids long ago, as he weighs about 150 lbs (and 1/3 of that weight is in his jowls). :lol

Having seen Chance up close I can tell ya mofos got some pecs.

johnsmith
10-19-2006, 11:24 AM
A week ago, my truck broke down right as I was leaving to work, so I had to use another vehicle (w/o even a CD player), and found myself having to listen to about 10-15 minutes of STSA (thankfully ending early because of the NLCS) and vowed to move my Sirius to whichever vehicle I was going to temporarily use until my truck got fixed.

This isn't a slam on the guys wanting the changes, but since I got the satellite, I just don't really give a damn anymore what CC wants to do.

I went and got sirius as well. Still though, I'd like to see those guys fired.

johnsmith
10-19-2006, 11:25 AM
Having seen Chance up close I can tell ya mofos got some pecs.

Having seen Chance up close, I can tell you he's a little bitch.

screamformelongbeach
10-19-2006, 12:02 PM
Having seen Chance up close, I can tell you he's a little bitch.

Agreed. He probably used to hit the weights back in the day, but dude has no muscle tone anymore.

10-19-2006, 12:25 PM
Agreed. He probably used to hit the weights back in the day, but dude has no muscle tone anymore.

Mancrush forum.

johnsmith
10-19-2006, 12:26 PM
Mancrush forum.

Just stick to your douche bag forum and let us complain about 760 would ya?

10-19-2006, 12:30 PM
Just stick to your douche bag forum and let us complain about 760 would ya?

Easy there Skippy, try a little decaf. I think you have me confused with Boutons.

This unrequited hate for all things 760 has given you a serious case of tunnel vision.

johnsmith
10-19-2006, 12:31 PM
Easy there Skippy, try a little decaf. I think you have me confused with Boutons.

This unrequited hate for all things 760 has given you a serious case of tunnel vision.

Actually, you're probably right, I get angry discussing 760..........my bad, continue on about your business.

10-19-2006, 12:33 PM
To quote Lt. Col. Andrew Tanner: "All that hate's gonna burn you up, kid."

johnsmith
10-19-2006, 12:39 PM
To quote Lt. Col. Andrew Tanner: "All that hate's gonna burn you up, kid."

However, would you rather me spew my hate on an internet chat board and then be extremely pleasant to people once I get off of here or would you prefer it the other way around? Either way, I have to vent my anger somewhere.
"Anger is a Gift"
-Zack de la Rocha

johnsmith
10-19-2006, 12:39 PM
Now, having said all that, back to me hating Charlie Parker for expressing his opinions regarding 1970's rock music that a majority of his listeners couldn't possibly care less about.

screamformelongbeach
10-19-2006, 12:49 PM
3 of my favorite quotes from Charlie Parker, NFL Draft and MLB Guru:
1. "I'll walk backwards to Houston if the Texans don't take Reggie Bush #1 overall."

Chancellor: "Charlie, hypothetically, if you were GM of the Cowboys, would you give up ALL your team's draft picks to get the #1 pick overall and take Matt Leinart?"

Parker: "IN A HEARTBEAT!"

3. (excerpted from on-air dialogue with caller back in '99 or so)
Caller: "Greg Maddux is certainly a first ballot Hall of Famer, he won 4 straight Cy Young Awards."

Parker: "First ballot? I don't know, I doubt it...."

Yeah, this guy really knows his sports.

PeterBurns
10-19-2006, 09:29 PM
Damn. I go away for a few days, and I miss all the fun!

Here's the bad news for those who hate the station, each and every month, the Ticket is doing better with selling advertising, and even though it's a small station ranking-wise. It actually performs really well for advertisers. It's a loyal listenership and most of the clients that advertise show pretty good results.

Trust me, Bruno is the shit. I still listen to him on XM after our shows.
But keep in mind that Ashwood wasn't the one that let Bruno go.
Far from the truth, It was a decision from someone else to not resign Bruno.

I've always wondered why ESPN never made it's way here, but I think it is for 2 reasons.
1) Investors see that San Antonio is not a town where Sports Talk will ever be in the Top 5 in the market
2) It would be very difficult to survive as a sports station without any of the major broadcast rights, and I can't see another company coming in to Clear Channel's Headquarters city and getting the rights to the Spurs, Longhorns, Aggies, Astros, Cowboys....etc

screamformelongbeach
10-20-2006, 12:04 AM

Here's the bad news for those who hate the station, each and every month, the Ticket is doing better with selling advertising, and even though it's a small station ranking-wise. It actually performs really well for advertisers. It's a loyal listenership and most of the clients that advertise show pretty good results.

I've always wondered why ESPN never made it's way here, but I think it is for 2 reasons.
1) Investors see that San Antonio is not a town where Sports Talk will ever be in the Top 5 in the market
2) It would be very difficult to survive as a sports station without any of the major broadcast rights, and I can't see another company coming in to Clear Channel's Headquarters city and getting the rights to the Spurs, Longhorns, Aggies, Astros, Cowboys....etc

Bruno IS still the shit. His new sidekick, Mark Willard, seems to have reinvigorated him and is a better comic foil for him than Andrew Siciliano. Too bad you have to wait for the Charlie and Screamie McJowls Show to end before you can tune Bruno in. :spin

johnsmith
10-20-2006, 07:16 AM

Wow, way to ruin my morning right from the beginning.

johnsmith
10-20-2006, 07:17 AM
I guess since they are not going aware I'll just have to challenge each one of them (Charlie, Chance, Vex, and Walter) to a fight. I'll do it Diggstown style, one after the other with a 60 minute break in between each one. Do me a favor and pass this on to them and see what they think.

kris
10-20-2006, 07:29 AM
If the Cowboys had Matt Leinart, they'd be a lot better off now. He's a phenom.

johnsmith
10-20-2006, 08:26 AM

I wonder if "fans" of these shows know any better? I mean, a lot of the people that I've heard say they like the shows are from SA, and subsequently, never left SA. Having moved around quite a bit, you get to appreciate what is good sports talk and what isn't (obviously this isn't). My point being, if given the opportunity to listen to something besides this mindless dribble, would average Joe appreciate something different and realize that these guys absolutely suck at their jobs?

Oh, and my Diggstown style fight offer still stands.

screamformelongbeach
10-20-2006, 08:32 AM
I wonder if "fans" of these shows know any better? I mean, a lot of the people that I've heard say they like the shows are from SA, and subsequently, never left SA. Having moved around quite a bit, you get to appreciate what is good sports talk and what isn't (obviously this isn't). My point being, if given the opportunity to listen to something besides this mindless dribble, would average Joe appreciate something different and realize that these guys absolutely suck at their jobs?

Good point, very good point. Ignorance is bliss for these poor lemmings, indeed.

PeterBurns
10-20-2006, 09:34 AM
WOW!!!
Some Changes as of this morning.
Anybody care to know.....

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-20-2006, 09:36 AM
WOW!!!

The Fantasy Football show is now 6 hours daily?

johnsmith
10-20-2006, 09:49 AM
WOW!!!

Why not? Having said that, I'll still choose to listen to Sirius, but still, let us know.

PeterBurns
10-20-2006, 09:49 AM
We could only hope.
I'll post it in it's own topic as it will be an interesting thread.
I'll post it at 10:15

johnsmith
10-20-2006, 09:50 AM
We could only hope.
I'll post it in it's own topic as it will be an interesting thread.
I'll post it at 10:15

Why not just post it now?

johngateswhiteley
10-20-2006, 09:54 AM

a few observations:

1. johnsmith- i think thats part of it. we have traveled and lived in other areas so we know what else is "out there" as far as sports talk shows

2. don't ever underestimate the ignorance of the masses

3. san antonians are NOT good/big sports fans in general. i don't think the majority cares enough about all major sports and other sports teams enough to think about a show that would actually talk about them. i know there are cities with no major sports teams that have better local sports talk shows, but i think my point is still relevant. other than the Spurs, cowboys, astros, rangers, longhorns, and Aggies...what do people really care about? i know that seems like a lot, but its not. I want talk on the national level as well as local...of course these douche bags don't even talk about the sports teams above. pretty much all about Spurs, cowboys, and longhorns

4. if peter burns showed this thread to those losers and they thought it was funny....thats pathetic. b/c:

a. they either don't give a shit what we think
b. don't care enough to change the show
c. are fucking retarded

...they are pathetic. and i'll one up johnsmith, i'll take these guys 1 on 4....i'll still kick their asses. vex is a pussy, walter is a couch potato, chance is a flaming homo, and parker just standing there watching would get tired.

btw, peter- show this to the guys, "your personalities, same as your show, sucks dick."

PeterBurns
10-20-2006, 09:55 AM
Headed to another meeting.
Be back in about 20 minutes

johnsmith
10-20-2006, 09:59 AM
a few observations:

1. johnsmith- i think thats part of it. we have traveled and lived in other areas so we know what else is "out there" as far as sports talk shows

2. don't ever underestimate the ignorance of the masses

3. san antonians are NOT good/big sports fans in general. i don't think the majority cares enough about all major sports and other sports teams enough to think about a show that would actually talk about them. i know there are cities with no major sports teams that have better local sports talk shows, but i think my point is still relevant. other than the Spurs, cowboys, astros, rangers, longhorns, and Aggies...what do people really care about? i know that seems like a lot, but its not. I want talk on the national level as well as local...of course these douche bags don't even talk about the sports teams above. pretty much all about Spurs, cowboys, and longhorns

4. if peter burns showed this thread to those losers and they thought it was funny....thats pathetic. b/c:

c. are fucking retarded

...they are pathetic. and i'll one up johnsmith, i'll take these guys 1 on 4....i'll still kick their asses. vex is a pussy, walter is a couch potato, chance is a flaming homo, and parker just standing there watching would get tired.

btw, peter- show this to the guys, "your personalities, same as your show, sucks dick."

:lol :lol :lol

Alright JGW, let's put up the offer right now to the ticket crew, you and me versus the four of them. 2 on 4 boxing match. They can even promote the son-of-a-bitch. It would be the closest they came to talking about sports in quite some time.

johnsmith
10-20-2006, 10:00 AM
"4. if peter burns showed this thread to those losers and they thought it was funny....thats pathetic. b/c:

c. are fucking retarded"

I thought the same thing about this.

johngateswhiteley
10-20-2006, 10:02 AM
:lol :lol :lol

Alright JGW, let's put up the offer right now to the ticket crew, you and me versus the four of them. 2 on 4 boxing match. They can even promote the son-of-a-bitch. It would be the closest they came to talking about sports in quite some time.

...dude i am serious. i will kick the crap out of these guys...hand to hand combat champ when i was in the Army. plus, i work out all the time for rugby.

as long as you can walk and chew gum at the same time...we'll KILL these guys.

screamformelongbeach
10-23-2006, 10:35 AM
Did those morning show hacks say anything today about the demise of their show? I heard their open, where Parker said "Welcome to the FINAL Monday edition of the Charlie and Chance Show," but I didn't hear any mention of it thereafter.

JoeChalupa
10-23-2006, 10:50 AM
It is hard to please everyone. I'm sure Charlie and Chance have their loyal fans who really like their show. I mean, some people can't stand Jim Rome and I'm his show gets its share of hate emails but I don't see them taking his show off the air.

johnsmith
10-23-2006, 10:54 AM
It is hard to please everyone. I'm sure Charlie and Chance have their loyal fans who really like their show. I mean, some people can't stand Jim Rome and I'm his show gets its share of hate emails but I don't see them taking his show off the air.

The main differences between Jim Rome and Charlie & Chance show are as followed: Rome has talent, Charlie and Chance do not. Rome is funny, C&C are not. Rome knows about sports, C&C do not. Rome talks about sports, C&C do not. Rome knows about teams other then just his home town, C&C does not. Rome doesn't have a propensity for lusting over underage children, Chance does. Rome is well respected among his peers, C&C are not. I'm sure there are more, that's just a few though.

screamformelongbeach
10-23-2006, 10:55 AM

This IS the final week of the show. Take a look at Peter Burns' thread on "Ticket 760 Changes"

Taco
10-23-2006, 11:05 AM
This IS the final week of the show. Take a look at Peter Burns' thread on "Ticket 760 Changes"

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52010&page=2&pp=26

samikeyp
10-23-2006, 11:12 AM
Is it the content you guys don't like or just the hosts?

Personally I don't mind a show with an emphasis on local and area teams. All local sports shows have an emphasis on that because its the majority of the fan base. Key word there is emphasis. I also want to hear what is going on in a national sense as well. Personally I couldn't stand the afternoon show. They seem to whine a whole lot and they were constantly getting things wrong. They didn't know basic sports knowledge. The thing I didn't like about either show was all the extra bullshit. Topic wheels, game show parodies, those were the days and such. I don't mind historical references on occasion, preferably if they have to do with sports. I have listened to the local show up here in Lansing (a smaller market by the way). They are the only local show in town but its all about sports. They have a big emphasis on MSU and UM sports and are big into the high schools and of course the Tigers right now. Its a format that could be great in SA. I understand that its entertainment and I get that on occasion there might be a current events story not related to sport that could be worthy of mention but just because you are the only station in town, doesn't mean you should not try and better yourselves.

Just my .02

samikeyp
10-23-2006, 11:13 AM
San Antonio has a fever and what it needs is more Peter Burns!

johnsmith
10-23-2006, 11:27 AM
Is it the content you guys don't like or just the hosts?

Personally I don't mind a show with an emphasis on local and area teams. All local sports shows have an emphasis on that because its the majority of the fan base. Key word there is emphasis. I also want to hear what is going on in a national sense as well. Personally I couldn't stand the afternoon show. They seem to whine a whole lot and they were constantly getting things wrong. They didn't know basic sports knowledge. The thing I didn't like about either show was all the extra bullshit. Topic wheels, game show parodies, those were the days and such. I don't mind historical references on occasion, preferably if they have to do with sports. I have listened to the local show up here in Lansing (a smaller market by the way). They are the only local show in town but its all about sports. They have a big emphasis on MSU and UM sports and are big into the high schools and of course the Tigers right now. Its a format that could be great in SA. I understand that its entertainment and I get that on occasion there might be a current events story not related to sport that could be worthy of mention but just because you are the only station in town, doesn't mean you should not try and better yourselves.

Just my .02

Here are my issues with 760:

1.) I don't mind shows with an emphasis on local sports either, but when you have one on in the morning drive time AND the afternoon drive time, then most people don't get to hear about anything other then local sports.

2.) C&C and Vex & Walt are NOT funny. Not even a little bit. Their humor seems to be geared at either the really old or the really young, and I'm talking about over 80 or under 13. I'm not really sure which one yet.

3.) The sometimes complete avoidance of discussing sports at all for hours on end but instead talking about totally unrelated shit. Again, I don't mind going off on a tangent every once in a while, but bring it back to sports sooner rather then later.

4.) None of them do their homework. I'll admit, Vex knows a lot of information, including information from before he was born, that's a good thing. The rest of them don't know shit. They don't know people's names, statistics, history, and they don't research any topics that should be relative to a sports talk show.

5.) Like Samey said, I don't like the "topic wheel" and all that other bull shit. By far, my least liked is "those were the days". That fucking thing pisses me off more then anything.

6.) The fact that when people complain about their shows the constant argument from them is "could you do better"? Of course not you fucking jackass, that's why we do our jobs and leave the talk show job up to people like you. Having said that, I do think most people could do better then these idiots.

7.) How fat Charlie Parker is.

8.) How annoying Walter's voice is.

9.) Vex's laugh.

10.) Chance being a complete pussy and sucking up to a fat pig like Chuck.

11.) They've done nothing to try to improve the quality of their show.

12.) They forced me to start PAYING for my radio.

13.) They're the only option.

Just typing this is making me angry, I have to stop now...........

samikeyp
10-23-2006, 11:32 AM
I'll admit, Vex knows a lot of information, including information from before he was born, that's a good thing

You are giving Vex more credit than I am.:) I used to sit and count the errors just to see how high I could go. A lot of that info that Vex gives out is wrong.

johnsmith
10-23-2006, 11:34 AM
You are giving Vex more credit than I am.:) I used to sit and count the errors just to see how high I could go. A lot of that info that Vex gives out is wrong.

Don't get me wrong, Vex is a fucking retard too. I'm just saying that at least he has a general idea............oh fuck it, you're right, he's an idiot too.

screamformelongbeach
10-23-2006, 11:36 AM

Listened to him for 2 minutes on Thursday, and that was enough to hear him say that "West Virginia is regretting scheduling Rutgers as a non-conference foe this season, 'cause Rutgers is good now...but when they were scheduled, Rutgers sucked."

Hey, dumbass, they're in the same conference. Ugh, these Ticket 760 hacks are HORRIBLE.

JoeChalupa
10-23-2006, 11:40 AM

yeah, I know that. My point is no matter who the hosts are there will be those that simply do not like the show and will bitch about it. But I do agree that Charlie and Chance do not talk much sports on their current show.

samikeyp
10-23-2006, 11:46 AM
Listened to him for 2 minutes on Thursday, and that was enough to hear him say that "West Virginia is regretting scheduling Rutgers as a non-conference foe this season, 'cause Rutgers is good now...but when they were scheduled, Rutgers sucked."

Well in Vex's world...its true.

Then again, in Vex's world...he belongs on the PGA tour, women swoon at his feet and no one else is over 5'2.

johngateswhiteley
10-23-2006, 11:58 AM
Well in Vex's world...its true.

Then again, in Vex's world...he belongs on the PGA tour, women swoon at his feet and no one else is over 5'2.

...oh thats good, its nice to see Sami chime in here and there on this topic.

1. vex is horribley inaccurate with his information, which probably makes him worse than anyone

2. walter doesn't really know...well, anything. he always says he is not sure or doesn't know...and while he is more logical than vex, he is just as bad

3. something nobody has mentioned and really gets me, is that there should be more disguist with clear channel...these yahoos thinking they can just plug in any jackass and we won't know the difference. sorry, assholes, you can't pull the wool over our eyes

samikeyp
10-23-2006, 12:05 PM
something nobody has mentioned and really gets me, is that there should be more disguist with clear channel...these yahoos thinking they can just plug in any jackass and we won't know the difference. sorry, assholes, you can't pull the wool over our eyes

Good point.

johngateswhiteley
10-23-2006, 12:17 PM
midgetonadonkey-
...are you jeff vexler?

PeterBurns
10-23-2006, 12:50 PM
What a bad weekend.
1st Charlie and Chance moving to the WOAI, and then this on Saturday Night.

Damn it.
http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/2623/5442c3a86efs1.th.jpg (http://img122.imageshack.us/my.php?image=5442c3a86efs1.jpg)

screamformelongbeach
10-23-2006, 12:56 PM
What a bad weekend.

Damn it.
http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/2623/5442c3a86efs1.th.jpg (http://img122.imageshack.us/my.php?image=5442c3a86efs1.jpg)

When that chick is done spanking your wife, can we borrow her billy club so we can beat the crap out of that shrill, whiny little bitch/pedophile Chancellor?

johnsmith
10-23-2006, 12:59 PM
What a bad weekend.

Damn it.

Is this a "brag about your wife" type of a thing? If it is, let me again say OVER RATED.

johngateswhiteley
10-23-2006, 01:25 PM
why is stacie in our thread about how much stsa and the ticket lineup suck? either way...the lineup sucks.

johnsmith
10-23-2006, 01:31 PM
why is stacie in our thread about how much stsa and the ticket lineup suck? either way...the lineup sucks.

Actually, it seems kind of fitting. Burns is tight with those douche bags at 760, they go off topic and don't speak anything that relates to what the audience is listening for, well, so does Peter Burns.

johnsmith
10-23-2006, 01:32 PM

By the way, I was first introduced to Stacie, "The sports chick" on CNN or one of the 24 hour news channels right after the brawl in Detroit. She was on a forum type of an interview with some other people to discuss the incident. She gave nothing of any substance whatsoever and was pretty much ignored by the host. It was then that I learned that "the sports chick" really doesn't know anything about sports and it's pretty much just a clever nickname.

screamformelongbeach
10-23-2006, 01:44 PM
By the way, I was first introduced to Stacie, "The sports chick" on CNN or one of the 24 hour news channels right after the brawl in Detroit. She was on a forum type of an interview with some other people to discuss the incident. She gave nothing of any substance whatsoever and was pretty much ignored by the host. It was then that I learned that "the sports chick" really doesn't know anything about sports and it's pretty much just a clever nickname.

As I recall, Andrew Asswood fixed the original "Be Andrew (Siciliano) For a Day" contest and orchestrated the win for Peter and Stacie....at least that's what Tony Bruno said on several occasions. I figure Tony would know what he's talking about, since it was HIS show.

No offense to Burns, as I would have taken full advantage of it too. My complaint is with Fat Asswood, who started the Ticket 760 on its downward spiral long ago, and is now doing his very best to destroy Fox Sports Radio as well.

10-23-2006, 01:53 PM
No offense to Burns, as I would have taken full advantage of it too. My complaint is with Fat Asswood, who started the Ticket 760 on its downward spiral long ago, and is now doing his very best to destroy Fox Sports Radio as well.

How do you figure he's "destroying" FSR?

The "First Team" is a solid show followed by "Sheman & Washington" which is good as well. I'm guessing that they don't have a show to compete with Rome, so they just replay Czabe (You'd think they'd come up with something for that slot though). Chris Myers is take it or leave it (I liked the show better when Brian Cox co-hosted) and Andrew and Krystal are a good team. I don't listen to the overnight stuff, although when I did have to travel to jobsites early I'd catch Sedano's show which I didn't care much for since he's such a Heata homer.

johnsmith
10-23-2006, 01:55 PM

The "First Team" is a solid show followed by "Sheman & Washington" which is good as well. I'm guessing that they don't have a show to compete with Rome, so they just replay Czabe (You'd think they'd come up with something for that slot though). Chris Myers is take it or leave it (I liked the show better when Brian Cox co-hosted) and Andrew and Krystal are a good team. I don't listen to the overnight stuff, although when I did have to travel to jobsites early I'd catch Sedano's show which I didn't care much for since he's such a Heata homer.

I love Czabe, he's quickly becoming my favorite radio show host of all time. I highly encourage you to visit his website on a daily basis, he posts he "daily Czabe", they are always funny, always informative. The only bad thing is they talk about the Redskins a little too much, but not enough to really bug you.

screamformelongbeach
10-23-2006, 02:09 PM

First of all, Rome's show is syndicated by Premiere, as is Fox Sports Radio, and they are all under the Clear Channel umbrella. Czaban is very solid, I'll grant you that, and Andrew and Krystal have evolved into a nice pair thanks in large part to their tutelage under Bruno. JT the Brick has a loyal fan base, but I think he absolutely reeks. I've never heard anyone butcher the English language more consistently and egregiously than that guy does. The rest of the programming is a mess with no consistency whatsoever. Myers is not even there half the time because of his other commitments; Shemon and Washington are just a slight step up from Van Earl Wright (the hiring of Van Earl Wright alone should have gotten Asswood fired); Sedano and that laughing hyena Karen Kay are a joke; and the weekends are a hodgepodge of good (Ben Maller and Jim Mora) and average to bad (Shawn Farnham, John Fricke, and Chris Moore). When you consider the talented hosts that have been unceremoniously shown the FSR door by Asswood -- Bruno, Kiley and Booms, and Mark Patrick -- there is no way you can say FSR is better now than when it began back in 2000.

First and foremost, FSR needs to beg, borrow, and steal to get Tony Bruno back...which may be possible since Sporting News Radio may be on its last legs after its recent sale. FSR also needs to pluck Dave Smith away from Sporting News Radio, and beg Petros Papadakis to take his local L.A. show national. Papadakis is the fastest rising star in sports radio since Jim Rome, and FSR needs to throw some major $$$ his way and convince him to go national. Papadakis just resigned from SNR's local L.A. affiliate, so he is available, but at this point he is opposed to going national because his content is very west coast and L.A.-oriented. Major $$$ could change his mind.

screamformelongbeach
10-23-2006, 02:13 PM
Todd Wright, curently at SNR (after being fired from ESPN), would be a nice addition too.

PeterBurns
10-23-2006, 02:28 PM
I didn't know that about SNR going under.
HMMMM.

Who knows what will happen?
All that is known for sure is that we will have one more week of C&C on the Ticket 760 before they move to WOAI.

Although, the more I listen, the better I like Siciliano's show.

Trainwreck2100
10-23-2006, 02:31 PM
FSR sux ass, so youi probably won't

screamformelongbeach
10-23-2006, 02:38 PM
I didn't know that about SNR going under.
HMMMM.

Who knows what will happen?
All that is known for sure is that we will have one more week of C&C on the Ticket 760 before they move to WOAI.

Although, the more I listen, the better I like Siciliano's show.

I thought you listen to Bruno....haven't you heard the plethora of jokes he's been cracking about where he'll be working at the beginning of next year? Right now, he broadcasts from SNR's O & O affiliate, KMPC in Santa Monica, and the affiliate just fired the entire management and sales team, including its GM/PD Roger Nadel. On top of that, the station's lease expires at the end of the year, and it's unlikely it will be renewed. That doesn't bode well for SNR (which was just sold, along with Sporting News Magazine, by Paul Allen) as a whole, as its hosts Bruno, Dave Smith, Arnie Spanier, and David Stein all broadcast from KMPC. Believe me, there is a strong possibility SNR will fold up its tent at the end of the year because of the ownership change, and only the Sporting News Magazine will continue.

But then again, you're the one in the radio biz, so correct me if I'm wrong. But I don't think I am. One thing I know I'm right about is that Petros Papadakis is the hottest young commodity in sports radio right now.

samikeyp
10-23-2006, 04:21 PM
Petros Papadakis

fuck that guy, he can stay in LA and fall into the ocean for all I care.

I would, however, love to have Tony Bruno back on a radio station near me. Never a big fan of Czabe, probably because of the Redskin homerism. Bruno is an admitted Eagles apologist but he makes it fun. I do like Seaman and J-Dub but we don't get any FSR up here.

screamformelongbeach
10-23-2006, 04:31 PM
fuck that guy, he can stay in LA and fall into the ocean for all I care.

I would, however, love to have Tony Bruno back on a radio station near me. Never a big fan of Czabe, probably because of the Redskin homerism. Bruno is an admitted Eagles apologist but he makes it fun. I do like Seaman and J-Dub but we don't get any FSR up here.

We're going to have to agree to disagree on Petros Papadakis. He's the best radio host (sports or otherwise) I've ever heard, and I used to think no one could top the greatness that is Tony Bruno. Petros' radio persona is different from his TV persona, so don't judge him solely on his Best Damn Sports Show Period appearances or his FSN Pac-10 Game of the Week color commentary role.

By the way, where are you, samikey?

samikeyp
10-23-2006, 04:42 PM
That's fair.

I judge him on the insults he shot at the state of Texas leading up to this years Rose Bowl. I didn't mind him rooting for USC or picking them to win. (Hell, I picked USC to win) I also have no problem with school vs. school or team vs. team smack talk but when that smack turns personal, that bothers me.

I am now in Lansing MI, but I am a born and raised San Antonian.

Oh BTW, I think the LB Pyramid is one of the coolest places to play college b-ball.

samikeyp
10-23-2006, 04:48 PM
I would, however, take Papadakis over dipshits like Peter Brown, Ferrell or "Papa Joe".

and to be fair....he and Brian Jones (a Texas Alum covering the game for Fox Sports SW) had a steak dinner bet and he paid up on it. Apparently Papadakis or his family own some sort of restaurant.

screamformelongbeach
10-23-2006, 04:59 PM
That's fair.

I judge him on the insults he shot at the state of Texas leading up to this years Rose Bowl. I didn't mind him rooting for USC or picking them to win. (Hell, I picked USC to win) I also have no problem with school vs. school or team vs. team smack talk but when that smack turns personal, that bothers me.

I am now in Lansing MI, but I am a born and raised San Antonian.

Oh BTW, I think the LB Pyramid is one of the coolest places to play college b-ball.

Ah, yes, I believe you're referring to his infamous "all the State of Texas has in it is churches and strip clubs" comment. I know Petros, and trust me, he meant that as a joke. In reality, he loves Austin and San Antonio, and he actually loves the Spurs (especially Manu, he even owns a Manu jersey). He tends to pander to his L.A. audience, and that comment was an innocent volley lobbed in the midst of the Texas-California border skirmish.

I'll admit, Petros' outrageous style fosters a Love Him or Hate Him reaction, with no in-between, but everyone will admit he does his homework and knows his shit. The same cannot be said about these Ticket 760 hacks.

samikeyp
10-23-2006, 04:59 PM
sweet.

screamformelongbeach
10-23-2006, 05:00 PM
I would, however, take Papadakis over dipshits like Peter Brown, Ferrell or "Papa Joe".

and to be fair....he and Brian Jones (a Texas Alum covering the game for Fox Sports SW) had a steak dinner bet and he paid up on it. Apparently Papadakis or his family own some sort of restaurant.

It's a Greek restaurant called the Papadakis Taverna....awesome food, by the way.

I heard him and Jones get into it last year before the Rose Bowl, and they were very entertaining indeed.

johngateswhiteley
10-23-2006, 08:20 PM
Actually, it seems kind of fitting. Burns is tight with those douche bags at 760, they go off topic and don't speak anything that relates to what the audience is listening for, well, so does Peter Burns.

samikeyp
10-23-2006, 10:20 PM
Hey...Peter Burns' fantasy show was awesome. I would rather have him on the morning show.

screamformelongbeach
10-23-2006, 11:46 PM
Hey...Peter Burns' fantasy show was awesome. I would rather have him on the morning show.

I hate fantasy football and fantasy shows, but Burns does an admirable job.

By the way, Burns, do you want to comment on Asswood's alleged fixing of the Be Andrew For a Day contest, or do you want to plead the 5th? :devil Again, if it was fixed, I say more power to ya.

johnsmith
10-24-2006, 09:58 AM

By the way, Burns, do you want to comment on Asswood's alleged fixing of the Be Andrew For a Day contest, or do you want to plead the 5th? :devil Again, if it was fixed, I say more power to ya.

I always got a kick out of the "Be Andrew for a Day" thing. Yeah, I want to be a 5'2" jackass with ears that look as though you are in flight all the time.

screamformelongbeach
10-24-2006, 10:15 AM
The Hippie went off half-cocked this morning, talking about a nasty e-mail from "that guy who hates us." (Yeah, Hippie, it's only ONE guy who hates you, sure) He claimed, "I discovered something very interesting....he must work for the company, because he referenced our move to WOAI before we officially announced it today."

Hippie, I hate to break it to you, but Burns dropped that bomb on the internet here last Friday. I wonder if that fat slob is running (well, waddling is more like it) around the Clear Channel offices with an IT dude, searching each employee's computer in order to catch that elusive "guy who hates us."

johnsmith
10-24-2006, 10:21 AM
The Hippie went off half-cocked this morning, talking about a nasty e-mail from "that guy who hates us." (Yeah, Hippie, it's only ONE guy who hates you, sure) He claimed, "I discovered something very interesting....he must work for the company, because he referenced our move to WOAI before we officially announced it today."

Hippie, I hate to break it to you, but Burns dropped that bomb on the internet here last Friday. I wonder if that fat slob is running (well, waddling is more like it) around the Clear Channel offices with an IT dude, searching each employee's computer in order to catch that elusive "guy who hates us."

That's fucking hilarious. I wonder if the sender of the email is from this site? Furthermore, I wonder if John Smith was the first sender of the hate mail to Chuck? I'm sure others sent in the hate mail before me, but I wonder if I was the first and thus started a trend? There really isn't anything funnier then hearing your mail on the radio.

johngateswhiteley
10-24-2006, 10:29 AM

hilarious. also, i heard kirk herbstreit was going to be on so i tuned in b/c i really like that guy. i listened from then till they made that ridiculously stupid poll between the two. opinions on teams aside i thought it was funny that walter and vex put auburn ahead of USC b/c auburn had two wins over top 25 teams...umm so does USC dumbass, plus USC beat the team that beat Auburn.

now regardless of whether you think auburn should be ranked higher, i don't care either way, how can you use an argument that fits both teams? anyway, thats just one of the many retarded thoughts they had.

screamformelongbeach
10-24-2006, 10:32 AM
That's fucking hilarious. I wonder if the sender of the email is from this site? Furthermore, I wonder if John Smith was the first sender of the hate mail to Chuck? I'm sure others sent in the hate mail before me, but I wonder if I was the first and thus started a trend? There really isn't anything funnier then hearing your mail on the radio.

I cannot tell a lie...the sender was me!
:spin

I sent it yesterday after he said "Welcome to the FINAL Monday edition of the Charlie and Chance Show." I IM'd him right afterward and said those are the 12 sweetest words in the English language, but I guess he didn't comment on it until today. :lol

Seriously, it is so easy to get under the Hippie's skin. I don't know how he's lasted this long in the business.

johnsmith
10-24-2006, 10:34 AM
I cannot tell a lie...the sender was me!
:spin

I sent it yesterday after he said "Welcome to the FINAL Monday edition of the Charlie and Chance Show." I IM'd him right afterward and said those are the 12 sweetest words in the English language, but I guess he didn't comment on it until today. :lol

Seriously, it is so easy to get under the Hippie's skin. I don't know how he's lasted this long in the business.

Congratulations. It's a good feeling isn't it?

It's so damn funny knowing that we are able to do that to him.

johnsmith
10-24-2006, 10:35 AM
Burns has been replying to this for the last 10 minutes, I'm interested to hear what he has to say regarding all of this and whether or not Chuck has read any of this lately.

screamformelongbeach
10-24-2006, 10:37 AM
hilarious. also, i heard kirk herbstreit was going to be on so i tuned in b/c i really like that guy. i listened from then till they made that ridiculously stupid poll between the two. opinions on teams aside i thought it was funny that walter and vex put auburn ahead of USC b/c auburn had two wins over top 25 teams...umm so does USC dumbass, plus USC beat the team that beat Auburn.

now regardless of whether you think auburn should be ranked higher, i don't care either way, how can you use an argument that fits both teams? anyway, thats just one of the many retarded thoughts they had.

Too bad Vexler didn't ask Kirk if West Virginia "regrets scheduling a non-conference game with Rutgers this year," like he stated last week.

screamformelongbeach
10-24-2006, 10:39 AM
Burns has been replying to this for the last 10 minutes, I'm interested to hear what he has to say regarding all of this and whether or not Chuck has read any of this lately.

Where is he posting? Don't see it....

PeterBurns
10-24-2006, 10:42 AM

An Admirable Job. Actually, from the way you guys dissect the merits of hosts, I'll take that as a huge compliment from you guys.

Keep in mind that we didn't know Ashwood at all when we entered the contest. Now in hindsight, it was obvious that A would want us to win, because we represented his station, the Ticket.

If he did, awesome, if he didn't awesome also.
It took our lives in a unbelievable path for the last few years. And it wouldn't have happened had we not won the contest.

I did read about SNR going under in Santa Monica on SportsbyBrooks.

screamformelongbeach
10-24-2006, 10:51 AM
An Admirable Job. Actually, from the way you guys dissect the merits of hosts, I'll take that as a huge compliment from you guys.

Keep in mind that we didn't know Ashwood at all when we entered the contest. Now in hindsight, it was obvious that A would want us to win, because we represented his station, the Ticket.

It took our lives in a unbelievable path for the last few years. And it wouldn't have happened had we not won the contest.

Cool. I'm jealous, 'cause I would have loved to hang out with Tony back in the day when the Extravaganza was in its prime. They had awesome chemistry with Morales on the board and Krystal doing the updates....although I do thoroughly enjoy Tony's new team as well.

It's a shame that Tony is yet again facing an uncertain future, thanks to SNR's instability after the sale by Paul Allen. But hey, prodigal son Chuck Booms came back to FSR (at least for a while), so it isn't out of the realm of possibility that Bruno could show up at FSR again.

And kudos to you and the wife for parlaying the contest win into a substantial amount of success. :king

johngateswhiteley
10-24-2006, 01:12 PM

i don't really have anything against you and i have never heard your fantasy show...so i will withhold judgement until something further.

but, you have a couple strikes against you:

1. your childish behavior in your fantasy league
2. parading your wife around on this forum, at least by the looks of it

johnsmith
10-24-2006, 01:19 PM
i don't really have anything against you and i have never heard your fantasy show...so i will withhold judgement until something further.

but, you have a couple strikes against you:

1. your childish behavior in your fantasy league
2. parading your wife around on this forum, at least by the looks of it

However, in Burns' defense, that's his wife's job, to parade around San Antonio and on Hooters commercials.

10-24-2006, 01:20 PM
i2. parading your wife around on this forum, at least by the looks of it

Haven't driven down 35 from New Braunfels in a while, have you?

johnsmith
10-24-2006, 01:21 PM
Although, I still think "the sports chick" should be removed from her title.

johngateswhiteley
10-24-2006, 01:34 PM
However, in Burns' defense, that's his wife's job, to parade around San Antonio and on Hooters commercials.

but why does he need to do it here?

johnsmith
10-24-2006, 01:39 PM
but why does he need to do it here?

Yeah, I don't know. Plus, she's OVER RATED.

johngateswhiteley
10-24-2006, 01:54 PM
Haven't driven down 35 from New Braunfels in a while, have you?

no, why? i hardly travel on I35.