PDA

View Full Version : I Am a Witness

1Parker1
05-21-2006, 05:21 PM
I officially am on the Lebron James bandwagon. Yes, I know, it did take me a while. At first, I wasn't comfortable with all the hype surrounding a guy who had never even made the playoffs. The constant Magic, MJ, etc. comparisons made me dislike him even more.

However, after watching him almost single-handedly beat the Pistons, there's not a doubt in my mind that this guy is going to win many rings in the years to come. If he can learn to get Kobe's killer instinct, become a better decision maker (i.e know when to pass and when to take over), and limit those TO's...he's going to be unstoppable. He's already almost there.

No doubt in my mind that he got jipped BIG TIME from MVP this season. If the Cavs can get some quality players this summer to surround James and Hughes with, I expect the Cavs and Pistons to become the powerhouses in the East. :tu

PS. Sorry, Ducks. I'm officially off your side :)

First Playoffs Stats: 31.1 ppg on 48% shooting, 36% from 3 point land, 8.1 rebounds, 6.2 assists. :king

The-Wizz
05-21-2006, 05:26 PM
those turnovers are killing him hes got 5.2 a game thats uncalled for lol beside the fact that the refs think of him as a god and dont call anything on him and the turnovers hes an amazing allround player

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
05-21-2006, 05:28 PM
Couldn't wait any longer, eh?

He has one thing in common with Kobe already: they both disappeared in the second half of a G7(1-9, ZERO assists)...

1Parker1
05-21-2006, 05:29 PM
those turnovers are killing him hes got 5.2 a game thats uncalled for lol beside the fact that the refs think of him as a god and dont call anything on him and the turnovers hes an amazing allround player

Turnovers do hurt him. But, I think a lot of them are due to the fact that he often gets double/triple teamed, and his teammates don't seem to come over and help him out of it. He'll learn. The FT shooting makes me think that he'd look great in a Spurs uniform :fro

1Parker1
05-21-2006, 05:31 PM

He has one thing in common with Kobe already: they both disappeared in the second half of a G7(1-9, ZERO assists)...

Again, if you heard them say, Rasheed Wallace and Flip Saunders at the begining of the 4th quarter during a TO called out that their game plan was simple: Stop Lebron James. The rest of the team was shooting something like 20% from the field. He and Kobe seemed to have had the same problem. Their team-mates didn't step it up.

ducks
05-21-2006, 05:32 PM
I am not sold on him
I thought he should have been elimated against the wizzards
no doubt he will be great one day
but he is still no mj

would have been intersting if cavs had hughes all series

The-Wizz
05-21-2006, 05:33 PM
its not that his players to try and get the ball when hes double/triple team they put up there hands calling for the ball but hes probably thinking something like "2,3 guys that all that they are putting on me? pfft i can shoot over them e-z" lol (but he doesnt he misses take the pistons game for exsample i dont think i saw him make a shot over 2 ppl for once)

ducks
05-21-2006, 05:35 PM
flip made some bad coaching decisions late that cost the pistons a game in this series also not james

1Parker1
05-21-2006, 05:35 PM
I am not sold on him
I thought he should have been elimated against the wizzards
no doubt he will be great one day
but he is still no mj

would have been intersting if cavs had hughes all series

You're right, Ducks. He isn't going to be MJ. Just like Kobe isn't going to be MJ. Each is going to have their own mark on the game.

If the Cavs had the Hughes all series, the Pistons would have swept them. :lol Hughes doesn't impress me that much. I thought the Cavs could have gotten a much better complementary player to go after than Hughes.

ducks
05-21-2006, 05:37 PM
hughes needs to be traded

1Parker1
05-21-2006, 05:37 PM
its not that his players to try and get the ball when hes double/triple team they put up there hands calling for the ball but hes probably thinking something like "2,3 guys that all that they are putting on me? pfft i can shoot over them e-z" lol (but he doesnt he misses take the pistons game for exsample i dont think i saw him make a shot over 2 ppl for once)

I really don't think Lebron has that shoot first mentality as much as guys like Kobe, AI, Arenas, etc. He does need to learn to make better decisions, as I mentioned earlier. However, that will come better with time. Cavs better not F-up and keeping putting scrubs around him though.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-21-2006, 05:38 PM
:tu That's nice that you're not holding out on him because of the damn media 1parker1. I think Lebron will shed the MJ comparison, and come into his own..He's not like MJ from what I remember. His game is different.

I applaud Lebrons efforts...he was only in his third year, and was on the verge of leading his team in eliminating giants. He was damn overachieving..1, 2 games would have been to say the least...

3 years ago I assumed he'd just be another T-Mac, Vince Carter, Next MJ blah blah whatever....but this guy exceeds the hype, he's smart, knows the game, plays to win for the team...Once they bring in a couple players to complement him, his team will be a force...

His team disappeared today, so he had not much help they shot 20 something percent.

His teammates I noticed were very hesitant to really go out there and try to get open, they waved for him, but it was in traffic.

ducks
05-21-2006, 05:38 PM
hughes traded for ai

ducks
05-21-2006, 05:39 PM
JAMES SHOULD HAVE BEEN GIVEN MORE OF A GREEN LIGHT TO SHOOT IN THE SECOND

there was some games in the second half james hardly shot the ball

1Parker1
05-21-2006, 05:40 PM
Also, Lebron is very mature for his age, IMO. He really doesn't seem to get all the hype get to his head as you would expect. When Sheed went off earlier in the series, saying "They can't beat us, it's GuaranSheed, etc." Lebron calmly replied, "Man, that's just Sheed talking." I like the fact that he doesn't get caught up in the trashing talking and let's his game speak, kind of like Duncan :)

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-21-2006, 05:41 PM
I really don't think Lebron has that shoot first mentality as much as guys like Kobe, AI, Arenas, etc. He does need to learn to make better decisions, as I mentioned earlier. However, that will come better with time. Cavs better not F-up and keeping putting scrubs around him though.
I think Coach Brown is also learning too. His inexperience kinda shows. Supposedly in game 6, with the last seconds remaining Lebron shoulda called a time out with the go ahead from the Coach. If they remain paired together, I think they'll both learn better decisions in the postseason.

1Parker1
05-21-2006, 05:42 PM
JAMES SHOULD HAVE BEEN GIVEN MORE OF A GREEN LIGHT TO SHOOT IN THE SECOND

there was some games in the second half james hardly shot the ball

That was just great Pistons defense that was denying him the ball. BTW, Lindsay Hunter was fouling Lebron every single time, yet he got away with a lot of the calls (well after his initial 3 fouls).

1Parker1
05-21-2006, 05:43 PM
I think Coach Brown is also learning too. His inexperience kinda shows. Supposedly in game 6, with the last seconds remaining Lebron shoulda called a time out with the go ahead from the Coach. If they remain paired together, I think they'll both learn better decisions in the postseason.

That's very true too. I forgot this was Brown's first head coaching gig. He seems like he'll be a good coach though. Cavs need to get rid of the joker that is Damon Jones. He's a cancer to teams and chokes 9 times of 10 in big games and big plays.

ducks
05-21-2006, 06:04 PM
mike brown is learning but there is no excuse for what flip did in this series
he cost the pistons one game

picnroll
05-21-2006, 06:07 PM

It took the entire Pistons team, all five players, to take him out of the game. He'll leran to take advantage of that and Fery will put some better, more compatible pieces around him. Varejao will grow. Pistons are the present. James is the future. Just like when Jordsn broke through on the bad boys these Pistons are what James is cutting his teeth on.

The-Wizz
05-21-2006, 06:18 PM
hughes traded for ai
they could afford him they make around like 15 mill a peice but they would have to throw like 3 other players with hughes for ai lol

alamo50
05-21-2006, 06:24 PM
hughes needs to be traded

:vomit:

1Parker1
05-21-2006, 06:34 PM
:vomit:

:lol It's true. I don't think he's that complementary to James' game. They need a more versatile, better defender. Hughes is a little overrated, IMO. Plus, he's constantly getting injured.

The-Wizz
05-21-2006, 06:42 PM
lmao ai wouldnt give james the ball anyways hed shoot it

Bob Lanier
05-21-2006, 06:43 PM
Who would take Hughes? He's paid twice as much as Ricky Davis for similar production in half the games.

I will not be able to stand James until his media act is ground off of him. He has a very unlikeable personality in my opinion.

And keep in mind that the Cavs are not a "young team". They won't just magically get better without effort from the front office - the same front office that gave nearly $200 million to Hughes, Ilgauskas, Marshall, and Damon Jones last summer.

picnroll
05-21-2006, 06:45 PM
They need to get rid of Z. Going after Banks wouldn't be a bad move for them.

The-Wizz
05-21-2006, 06:47 PM
...Plus, he's constantly getting injured.
you sound like hes trying to get injured he gets injured goin for loose balls working hard all the time he gives 100%

td4mvp21
05-21-2006, 06:58 PM
I'm on the bandwagon. He's the only reason I watched that Pistons series and the Wizards series.

1Parker1
05-21-2006, 07:20 PM
I will not be able to stand James until his media act is ground off of him. He has a very unlikeable personality in my opinion.

What exactly has he, himself, done to make his personality unlikeable? I never had a problem with Lebron himself, just all the media hype around him.

And keep in mind that the Cavs are not a "young team". They won't just magically get better without effort from the front office - the same front office that gave nearly $200 million to Hughes, Ilgauskas, Marshall, and Damon Jones last summer.

Minus, Marshall, those were some pretty bad, overpaid signings. Especially for Hughes and Damon Jones.

1Parker1
05-21-2006, 07:22 PM
you sound like hes trying to get injured he gets injured goin for loose balls working hard all the time he gives 100%

Of course I'm not saying he gets injured on purpose, nor am I agreeing or disagreeing that he gives a 100%. But how can you pay the guy that much money when he's hardly been able to make it through a season without missing significant time to an injury? He's a good player, but he isn't as great as he's made. His defense is WAYYYYY overrated. Just because the guy manages to get a few steals, doesn't make him a great defender.

theMUHMEshow
05-21-2006, 07:22 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/jm_phenom23/witnesses-fishing.gif

1Parker1
05-21-2006, 07:33 PM
:lol Quit ruining my thread!

(although, I'll admit that's funny)

jochhejaam
05-21-2006, 07:38 PM
No doubt Lebron's a great player.

Did I "Witness" him walk off the court after the game without congratulating the Pistons? If so I'll chalk it up to playoff inexperience. :lol

1Parker1
05-21-2006, 07:39 PM
No doubt Lebron's a great player.

Did I "Witness" him walk off the court after the game without congratulating the Pistons? If so I'll chalk it up to playoff inexperience. :lol

Understandable:

They trapped me; they went under screens; they went over screens," said James, who was held to one second-half field goal Sunday in the Cavs' 79-61 Game 7 loss to Detroit. "I've seen almost every defense that I could possibly see for the rest of my career in this series.

That's why they're Eastern Conference champions, and that's why they keep winning.

mike detroit
05-21-2006, 07:42 PM
from courtside, i frequently heckled lebron with "witness" comments today. immature? yeah, probably, but it was fun.

jochhejaam
05-21-2006, 07:51 PM
from courtside, i frequently heckled lebron with "witness" comments today. immature? yeah, probably, but it was fun.
It's part of the fans job to try to unnerve the opposing players, I'm sure they were doing the same to our players. Good job MD.

1Parker1
05-21-2006, 07:56 PM
:lol I personally think the whole "Witness" ad campaign is pretty slick by Nike.

One weird Pistons fan they showed had a sign up that said "Lebron--Team is spelled P.I.S.T.O.N.S" I was like WTF does that mean? :lol

Rip-Hamilton32
05-21-2006, 07:58 PM
lol..lebron killed his team in the second half..the guy went ice cold and still continued to throw them up

jochhejaam
05-21-2006, 08:04 PM
"Lebron's now a Witness to great defense and playoff pressure basketball.

Welcome to the Big Show, your time will come.

Rip-Hamilton32
05-21-2006, 08:11 PM
Welcome to the Big Show, your time will come.

his time might come..but not this year..you were all witnesses

ALVAREZ6
05-21-2006, 08:23 PM
I am not a witness

Rip-Hamilton32
05-21-2006, 08:25 PM
lol..you must have been busy praying for a game 7 win

DarkReign
05-22-2006, 09:26 AM
Hey, fuck that, this kid is awesome. Yes, he impressed me.

I know the Pistons played like total shit for 4 games straight and went 1-3 in the process. But this kid took full advantage of that.

I remember DWade tearing thru the Pistons almost at will last year, but nothing like this. DWade was doing it with Shaq in the middle drawing attention. King was doing it with Big Z?! Whatever....

Regardless, he went home, we move on. But yes, I do think this is a similar Jordan situation in that he is learning against one of the top 3 teams in the league. He learned what it took in round 1. He then learned what his team lacked in round 2.

He will be back. I think he might even play the Pistons again next year. But I dont think it goes 7 games. The Pistons took the Cavs lightly and it almost ruined them. I dont think they repeat that mistake.

tlongII
05-22-2006, 09:57 AM
I have been a witness since I saw LeBron play a high school game. He just needs a better supporting cast. His teammates suck ass.

1Parker1
05-22-2006, 11:08 AM
I have been a witness since I saw LeBron play a high school game. He just needs a better supporting cast. His teammates suck ass.

:tu His teammates shot the ball <30% yesterday in the biggest game of their season.

Trainwreck2100
05-22-2006, 11:19 AM
FUCK LeBRON

Bob Lanier
05-22-2006, 11:27 AM
FUCK LeBRON
No kidding.

Wade will torch the defenses Flop designs in ways James could only dream of doing. At the very least his A/T ratio will be higher than 1.3.

tlongII
05-22-2006, 11:36 AM
No kidding.

Wade will torch the defenses Flop designs in ways James could only dream of doing. At the very least his A/T ratio will be higher than 1.3.

Only because DWade has Shaq to take pressure off him.

ducks
05-22-2006, 11:43 AM
what has he done
he took stuff in highschool from people
which was agaist the rules. paid them off
he bought the hummer before he got any money from his nba contract to draw attention to himself.

1Parker1
05-22-2006, 01:16 PM
No kidding.

Wade is little easier to contain than Lebron. Wade is more apt at having a bad offensive game if his jumpshot isn't falling. Lebron can hurt you more with his passing and gives them rebounding as well.