PDA

View Full Version : How confident are you?

Future41534
05-21-2006, 07:04 PM
How much do you truly think that your team will win by? Seriously. I'm really worried about Manu, because I feel that hes gonna have a good game.But then I also look at, that it is the Spurs game to lose. And I also think JEt will have a career game.I think it will be a similar type game to game 6 except the mavs pull away in this one. So I'm semi confident in my mavs.Mavs by 6Your true prediction and thoughts.

Kori Ellis
05-21-2006, 07:05 PM
I think it will be close until the closing moments.

Spurs by 5.

spurs_in_7
05-21-2006, 07:08 PM
blow out baby :nutkick:

BruceBowenFan
05-21-2006, 07:08 PM
I think it will be close until the closing moments.

Spurs by 5.i agree with that

Vashner
05-21-2006, 07:09 PM
Spurs by 12

RON ARTEST
its so freaking hard to predict anything in this series. i think it will be a very very close game. i think it might even go to overtime.

Spurs Dynasty
How much do you truly think that your team will win by? Seriously. I'm really worried about Manu, because I feel that hes gonna have a good game.But then I also look at, that it is the Spurs game to lose. And I also think JEt will have a career game.I think it will be a similar type game to game 6 except the mavs pull away in this one. So I'm semi confident in my mavs.Mavs by 6Your true prediction and thoughts.

Game goes back and forth, SPurs could be down by as much as 10 at any given point or vice versa, but mostly very tight. THe SPurs clamp down late in 4th quarter and win by 3.

Future41534
05-21-2006, 07:10 PM
We're all homers, admit it.

td4mvp21
05-21-2006, 07:13 PM
I'm not a homer.

Spurs by 21.

Vashner
05-21-2006, 07:13 PM
We're all homers, admit it.

NO Admit your defeat!!! GO SPURS GO !! :frying:

FreshPrince22
05-21-2006, 07:14 PM
Spurs by 10+. Mavs will feel the end coming and the Spurs will really pull away early in the 4th.

snowboarder
05-21-2006, 07:15 PM
Spurs win by 5-10

Future41534
05-21-2006, 07:15 PM
I'm not a homer.

Spurs by 21.

Say that again.

td4mvp21
05-21-2006, 07:17 PM
Sarcasm is awesome

Really? Spurs by 7.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-21-2006, 07:19 PM
I'm not too worried, just gotta keep playing like always. One more game, one more win to get to by:

...one more rebound...one more possession...one more stop...one more basket... second to second.

...Same attitude, play loose, go for the win.

Both are great teams so it will be tough, but I'm confident the Spurs will do what they gotta do. It'd be great if the hero for Monday night is the whole Spurs' unit!!!! Horry, Barry, Finley, Van Exel's 3's Raining Daggers , Rebounds, One more Finley Facial to cap it off, TMT (33 Points each! On 55-60 % shooting :lol), Bruce's Defense, Small Ball's Adapted Team's Defense limiting at LEAST 3 of your main scorers by a significant margin : Stackhouse, Harris, Terry, Howard. And Nowitski cancelled out for the night.

I hope Spurs go for the kill tomorrow to advance to the WCF and it sends a message to whoever sees fit (cough* Cuban).

But I feel for you Mavs fans, don't be surprised by some relaxed attitudes right now, you guys have only felt the "elimination face " for a couple days, We've had a whole week to acclimate so we've just adjusted our attitudes to facing elimination. But no doubt tomorrow the excitement will be same as always on Monday for both sides.

makedamnsure
05-21-2006, 07:20 PM
Spurs will win by 2

Michael Finley will have the game of his life

nothingman66
05-21-2006, 07:23 PM
Hi guys...I'm new posting to the forums here, but I come in often to read up on people's opinions. Anyways, I think the Spurs start off fast in this one and are able to hold the Mavs back the rest of the way. Spurs by 10.

T-Pain
05-21-2006, 07:25 PM
im pretty damn confident if you ask me

1Parker1
05-21-2006, 07:30 PM
I'm too scared to make any predictions. It's probably going to go down to the wire like all the other games, maybe even to OT. I must admit, my biggest worry is a pissed of Jason Terry and Dirk going off on us.

I really hope that tommorow is the game where guys like Horry, Parker, and Barry step up big time.

angel_luv
05-21-2006, 07:31 PM
I believe! I really do. :D

Go Spurs Go!

ALVAREZ6
05-21-2006, 07:32 PM
I have no doubt that the Spurs will win. I am pretty confident, the Spurs will get it done at home in front of some loud ass fans and boot that mofo Cuban out of the arena.

On to the WCF.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-21-2006, 07:32 PM
I believe! I really do. :D

Go Spurs Go!
Fuck Yeah!

...Believe!

Spurs Dynasty
05-21-2006, 07:33 PM
I just want Finley to be the hero of the game. Go Finley !!!!

Pistons < Spurs
05-21-2006, 07:34 PM
100% Confident

Home Court and the Championship heart and experience will be to much for the Mavs to overcome. I'm looking forward to a lock down 4th quarter by the Spurs!

sanman53
05-21-2006, 07:36 PM
I am confident in Tim Duncan. He will not let us lose.

Spurs by 6.

GO FREAKING SPURS GO!

CosmicCowboy
05-21-2006, 07:39 PM
Jason Terry could definitely be the x-factor. He obviously would like to go from goat to hero. Hopefully he jacks a lot of shots and hits under 40%. Spurs win.

shelshor
05-21-2006, 08:42 PM
Spurs by 8

intlspurshk
05-21-2006, 09:02 PM
Not much confidence and I think the chance is 50-50. Referee, SPURS defence, TP's health and the return of JT bring too much uncertainity.

Beaverfuzz
05-21-2006, 09:07 PM
Who cares? Spurs in 7 is all I care about. 20 point win, 1 point win...it doesn't matter.

RogerIsEatingASandwich
05-21-2006, 09:09 PM
It'll be close till midway in the 4th....Spurs win by 8

samikeyp
05-21-2006, 09:20 PM
I said Spurs in 7...I stand by that.

Spurs by 8

Budkin
05-21-2006, 09:22 PM
I have a feeling that Terry's situation is going to hurt the Mavs. He might be trying so hard to win the game by himself that he forgets to get the team involved. For the Spurs I think as long as Timmy continues the series he's been having and Manu stays playoff Manu, then the Spurs will win. But it will still be a damn close game I'm sure. More nailbiting until the end.

SpursWoman
05-21-2006, 09:48 PM
I'm not a homer.

Spurs by 21.

In a perfect (Spurs) world. :lmao

I'm "cautiously optimistic" ... this series has been a rollercoaster ride, and while I typically love rollercoasters, this one is ripping up my ulcer. :lol

Spurs by 3, possibly in triple-overtime. :spin

boutons_
05-21-2006, 10:26 PM
The Mavs blew their chances.
They are fucked, and down deep, they know it.
The Trophy-less Mavs know the defending Champion Spurs have out-coached and out-played them.
The 4th qtr of Game6 was the writing on the wall.
Mavs have lost all momentum, and above all, lost their confidence.

I don't expect, but don't exclude, a Spurs blowout W, but the Spurs will win by a convincing performance if not by a huge margin.

ducks
05-21-2006, 10:27 PM
did boutons post ths^^^^

I also think the spurs could win by the same margin that the pistons won by today

1Parker1
05-21-2006, 10:28 PM
The Mavs blew their chances.
They are fucked, and down deep, they know it.
The Trophy-less Mavs know the defending Champion Spurs have out-coached and out-played them.
The 4th qtr of Game6 was the writing on the wall.
Mavs have lost all momentum, and above all, lost their confidence.

I don't expect, but don't exclude, a Spurs blowout W, but the Spurs will win by a convincing performance if not by a huge margin.

:wow Boutons being optimistic? Did Hell freeze over?!

:angel

SpursWoman
05-21-2006, 10:30 PM
:wow Boutons being optimistic? Did Hell freeze over?!

:angel

No kidding.. :wow :lol

1Parker1
05-21-2006, 10:31 PM
Either that or his computer got hijacked...

boutons_
05-21-2006, 10:32 PM
Just for balance, fuck all of you! :lol

When the Spurs suck, I call it.
Were any of you homers feeling good about first half of Game6?

When the Spurs are the Spurs, same.

1Parker1
05-21-2006, 10:38 PM
Just for balance, fuck all of you! :lol

When the Spurs suck, I call it.
Were any of you homers feeling good about first half of Game6?

Ah, I guess it was him. :lol

beachbarbie948
05-21-2006, 11:41 PM
I feel pretty good. Spurs by 6

loveforthegame
05-22-2006, 12:00 AM
I just read this information on the Dallas Morning News site. It's from David Moore who writes for the paper and was posted in the blog section.

http://fromthescene.beloblog.com/

It's official

I don't buy into the conspiracy theories that swirl around the NBA at this time of year. But I know a lot of fans do.

So, as a public service -- and so fans who fret about these things will be up all night worrying -- I will now divulge what official was on my flight from Dallas to San Antonio and will work Game 7.

Dick Bavetta.

Drbio
05-22-2006, 12:05 AM
I'm too scared to make any predictions. It's probably going to go down to the wire like all the other games, maybe even to OT. I must admit, my biggest worry is a pissed of Jason Terry and Dirk going off on us.

I really hope that tommorow is the game where guys like Horry, Parker, and Barry step up big time.
Makes a lot of sense. If JET comes out motivated it and someone other than Dirk can just show up and not suck it would spell serious trouble for the spurs. Conversely, if Parker and Manu go off and Horry does anything...(Duncan will always get his) then the Spurs will go on to win it all. I do think that the winner of this series will win the championship and keep it in Texas....and I love how keeping it in Texas will piss off all those yankees and east coasters. :lol

whottt
05-22-2006, 12:07 AM
That better be BS...didn't we just get Bavettad like 3 games ago?

Bavetta twice in a 4 game period is just plain mean. Bavetta in a game 7 is even meaner.

And yes...that does make me start to think the NBA is fixed. I figured we were safe and wouldn't have to worry about any more horrendous officiating with Bavetta and Salvatore out of the way.

Just the fact that this complete fuck up of a ref even gets to ref a game 7 gives me reason to question the NBA's legitimacy.

Spurs Dynasty
05-22-2006, 12:11 AM
I just read this information on the Dallas Morning News site. It's from David Moore who writes for the paper and was posted in the blog section.

http://fromthescene.beloblog.com/

It's official

I don't buy into the conspiracy theories that swirl around the NBA at this time of year. But I know a lot of fans do.

So, as a public service -- and so fans who fret about these things will be up all night worrying -- I will now divulge what official was on my flight from Dallas to San Antonio and will work Game 7.

Dick Bavetta.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ! Where is that rope?

Trainwreck2100
05-22-2006, 12:12 AM
That better be BS...didn't we just get Bavettad like 3 games ago?

Bavetta twice in a 4 game period is just plain mean. Bavetta in a game 7 is even meaner.

And yes...that does make me start to think the NBA is fixed. I figured we were safe and wouldn't have to worry about any more horrendous officiating with Bavetta and Salvatore out of the way.

Just the fact that this complete fuck up of a ref even gets to ref a game 7 gives me reason to question the NBA's legitimacy.

It will be Bavetta and Danny Crawford

loveforthegame
05-22-2006, 12:16 AM
It will be Bavetta and Danny Crawford

Interesting. The Spurs hate Bavetta and the Mavs fear Crawford. I think they're 0-8 when he refs there playoff games. Or something like that was posted in Cuban's blog.

MissAllThat
05-22-2006, 01:16 AM
I'm 100% confident that the Spurs owe the Mavs a payback blowout in return for game 2. I'm not sure how I feel about the chances of it happening though....

Oh and Mavs fans, please stop calling Jason Terry "Jet." I know those are his initials, but everyone knows who that nickname really brings to mind.

boutons_
05-22-2006, 06:52 AM
"NBA teams are 77-17 at home in Game 7s"

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nationworld/wire/ats-ap_sports10may22,1,7205916.story?coll=la-ap-sports

82%

boutons_
05-22-2006, 07:02 AM
Spurs Cool About Game 7

From the Associated Press

May 22, 2006

SAN ANTONIO — The San Antonio Spurs are grateful to have the home-court advantage tonight in Game 7 after rallying to tie their Western Conference semifinal series, but they weren't acting as if victory over the Dallas Mavericks was automatic.

"We've played each other 10 times this year, and it's five and five," Spurs Coach Gregg Popovich said Sunday. "So after tomorrow, somebody's going to be six, and somebody's going to be five. Whoever loses would probably win the next game, it's that close."

The only other Game 7 in Mavericks history was in 1988, when they lost — on the road — to the Lakers in the conference finals.

Dallas already has blown two chances to advance. A third would make the Mavericks only the ninth NBA team to squander a 3-1 series lead.

intlspurshk
05-22-2006, 08:25 AM
No much confidence as Mavs get a well rested JT back. AJ may try something new and Pop may have difficulty to match. All games are too close but Mavs seem to have better health while SPURS have the home court. The ref will play a significant role and SPURS have not yet got a significant advantage from ref yet. Hope I am wrong though.

Borosai
05-22-2006, 08:34 AM
Confidence? I'm confident the Spurs should win this game, and I hope to see a blowout so I don't shit my pants, but you never know. I'm nervous as hell because anything can happen, and I really don't care to see the Mavs advance...they have too many pricks in that organization (not all, but far too many, especially Cuban). I just want this one real bad.

themvp
05-22-2006, 08:36 AM
I just want Finley to be the hero of the game. Go Finley !!!!

Same here.

Spurs by 11.

Trifecta
05-22-2006, 09:15 AM
As others have said -- JT will try too hard and become a non-factor.

Dirk will try to takeover the game tonight -- stay in his grille Fin!!

I expect TP to come out better than last game!

This will be the Spurs biggest win of the series in terms of pts -- win by 6!!!

Duncanoypi
05-22-2006, 09:18 AM
i'm confident.i believe.

In god We Trust...God bless Spurs...

pache100
05-22-2006, 09:23 AM
How much do you truly think that your team will win by?

Well, this is a lot different situation than the Spurs (or the Mavericks, for that matter) were facing two games ago. Entirely different world, knowing you only have to win 1 more (with two recent wins under your belt) than knowing you have to win 3 in a row. Also different, knowing you have to win 1 more (like the Mavs, with two recent losses still haunting you - and the Spurs know about that, too!). This is going to be interesting...and probably one of the most exciting games most of have seen in a long time (although it will have to go some to beat game 6 :lol ), whatever the outcome. I think the difference is, and the edge if there is one...is that the Spurs have experience in this situation. The Mavericks do not. I hope we put that experience to good use.

Bottom line is, I hear Kenny and the boat coming for somebody...tonight. http://i4.tinypic.com/10ehhd3.gif

(sure hope it's not us!)

TxJudsonRocketTx
05-22-2006, 09:28 AM
"NBA teams are 77-17 at home in Game 7s"

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nationworld/wire/ats-ap_sports10may22,1,7205916.story?coll=la-ap-sports

82%

I was thinking about all the percentages in 7 game series' and judging by those, we are 249% sure to win this thing...or something.
Game 1 winners - Win 83% of the time
Game 5 winners - Win 84% of the time
Home teams in game 7 - Win 82% of the time

austinfan
05-22-2006, 09:42 AM
I'm cautiously optimistic, especially if the game is tied at the half.

I don't have anywhere near the basketball knowledge that a lot of posters here do, but here are factors that play into tonight's game, imo (not necessarily in order of importance):

1. Jason Terry. Who knows if this guy will come out blazing or wound up so tight that he jacks up a lot of low-percentage shots? Even if he has a bad night, he still spaces the floor for the Mavs and spreads our defense that much thinner.

2. Defense. The Spurs have slowly been getting a handle on small ball defense. You could see it especially in the final quarter of Game 5. Our defense wasn't tested in quite the same way in Game 6 because of the absence of Terry. Can we play tonight the way we did the last 6 quarters against the Mavericks' full roster?

3. Manu. Today's NY Times article notes that he's 21 ppg for this series as opposed to 15 ppg for the Sacramento series. Can he continue that kind of scoring into tonight?

4. Coaching. A lot of people here were saying that AJ had gotten into Pop's head when he forced Pop to go to small ball early in the series. But I believe the situation has now reversed itself: AJ played his trump card early, Pop and the team gutted it out, and now what does AJ do to top small ball? Plus he's wound so tight and wants this thing so badly, I think it's affecting the players. Mark Cuban's clueless comments probably don't help the overall mindset either.

5. Dirk Nowitski. Everybody else on both teams has a had a subpar game in the series so far (yes, even Duncan, in Game 6). I know it's probably wishful thinking on my part, but it feels like Nowitski is due for an off-night, i.e. being held to 20 points or below.

jmartinez39
05-22-2006, 09:55 AM
I agree with most that this game will be close like most of the games this series. These two teams have played enjoyable basketball. I did underestimate the heart of a champion. For those of you who think that this will be a blowout either way, you must see something that I don't. I am a MAVS fan, and will be disappointed if the Spurs win. I think that the MAVS pull out a very close one. MAVS 103 SPURS 102. Good Luck MAVS, and to all of you SPURS fans; Your team is a great team. Your city has enjoyed being on top for a while. I am hopeful that the MAVS can enjoy the view from the top for as long as your team has. Everyone enjoy the game! This will be a good game!

Islymore
05-22-2006, 10:31 AM
... I am kinda on the fence with this game. First game I have been actually kinda anxious to get over.

With that said... of course I am rooting for the Mavs. Shouldnt have been any doubt there... however , I am hoping this is the one game that isnt decided in the last 4 mins of the 4th qt.

I hope JET comes out firing, pissed off at the entire SPURS organization. I hope Dirk has an MVP type game... and shows Bowen/Finley/Spurs that he is better than he has been displaying and he does have another level to take it to. I hope Josh decides to take Bowen/Finley/Whoever to the hole every time he gets his hands on the ball and even tosses in a 3 ptr from time to time, like he can on a good night. Amazing that Josh had his best game of the series IN San Antone... Would like a repeat performance from him. Hopefully with Devin on the court w/JET he wont be as prone make the same mistakes he made in Game 6. Lets hope the Spurs start out like they did in Game 6, minus all the foul calling but with the forced failed shots.

Overall... I'm ready to clock out from work, just to go home and rest for the night. So i can scream myself hoarse and jump around the room... Mavs by 15. Wishful thinking, eh?

but... I'll take a 2 pt win... with TD/TP/MG missing the final shot.

Trifecta
05-22-2006, 11:00 AM
I should have taken the day off from work!

I am sitting here this morning in my office with the butterflies flowing just like before game 6!

I am sooooo amped up right now -- I wish they could play earlier instead of later!

Pre-game ritual for tonight:

1) Get the DVR set
2) Get my best food and drink on the table and have my "pre-game" meal
3) Make sure rest of family is comfortable occupied with other activities
4) Go on a liquid diet from game start to end
5) Once the game begin -- go to spurstalk forum to get a feel for the game flow
6) Pace the floor a thousand times
7) (Hopefully) Await the victory and post-game celebration!!!!!!

Old School Chic
05-22-2006, 11:02 AM
BELIEVE :flag:

strangeweather
05-22-2006, 11:57 AM
The Mavs are a really good team, and I respect the hell out of them after the series they've given us. But they had two chances to close this one out, and they blew them. That's got to be messing with their heads by now.

By contrast, the Spurs lost 3 games in a row to go down 3-1, but scratched and clawed their way to a one point win in game 5. They were down by 6 at the half in game 6 with 4 players in foul trouble, but they still won it down the stretch. Pressure? Game 7 looks like gravy compared to games 5 and 6.

I think the Mavs can stay with the Spurs for 3 quarters, but by the fourth, they're going to tighten up and the shots will stop falling. Sometime in there, there's going to be 4-6 minutes where the Mavs can't buy a basket to save their lives. And that will be the ballgame. Bank on it.

nkdlunch
05-22-2006, 11:59 AM
Home court. Pretty confident.

The most dangerous time will be early in the 1st and 2nd quarters.

If we can contain the mavs then, we got this game.

rayray2k8
05-22-2006, 12:00 PM
I dont give a shit if we win by 1 or by 20.
Just win the fucking thing! :lol :flag:

Son of Mavs Man
05-22-2006, 12:01 PM
I do know one thing, I've been nervous since Saturday, and I am getting to be a wreck now. Either way, this was a fantastic series, the best I can remember. I think it will be decided by a tiebreaking shot with 45.6 seconds left that will decide the game. I think I need to go take a nervous shit now.

jman3000
05-22-2006, 12:09 PM
I'm hoping for something similar to last years game 7 in the Finals... except for Tim not going 10-26 or something like that. Close game until the final 8 minutes... then Spurs start to put the clamps on and slowly build a sizable lead of about 8. It never falls below 3 at that point and we shoot freethrows the last minute of the game.

Bruno
05-22-2006, 12:11 PM
I'm very nervous, Mavs have tons of players that can score 30 points a night (Dirk, Howard, Terry, Stackhouse, Harris...) and I hope we will be able to contain them.

I'm not confident but I believe.

FromWayDowntown
05-22-2006, 12:25 PM
On the way out to center court for the tip-off, Dick Bavetta turns to Bruce Bowen and says "Terrible? You haven't seen anything yet." He promptly assesses a technical foul against Bowen for "past transgressions," and before the tip, the Mavericks are up. On the opening tip, Timmy comes down on Diop's foot and while he's laying at center court, Jason Terry's flying knee knocks Timmy cold. Bavetta assesses a blocking foul against Timmy (Timmy wasn't set, he says) and a delay of game warning against the Spurs because Timmy doesn't get up immediately. While Timmy lays out cold at center court, Steve Javie t's him up for "showing up" the officials. The Mavs make another technical free throw and score a 3 on the ensuing possession and Dirk goes to the line to complete the 5 point play when Tony Parker is called for a foul. The teams trade baskets for several minutes early until the 6:04 mark, when Manu Ginobili, having elevated for a layup, has his shorts grabbed and is ultimately "pantsed" by Erick Dampier and goes hurtling to the floor. Ginobili is knocked out cold and cannot shoot the ensuing free throws; AJ chooses Rasho to shoot the free throws and Nesterovic throws up two air balls. Without Duncan and Ginobili, Tony Parker and Michael Finley are double teamed mercilessly. Bruce Bowen misses 6 straight three pointers and Dallas converts all of them into and-1 layups. To end the quarter, Fabricio Oberto, playing because of the foul trouble that Nesterovic and Mohammed are in, misses a shot that Terry rebounds and flings 92 feet for a dramatic 3. Oberto, who jumped to contest the shot, is also whistled for a touch foul and Terry goes to the line to complete the 4 point play. Popovich turns and, facing in the general direction of the Commissioner, says loudly enough to be heard, "This is terrible." Commissioner Stern, having heard that statement before, comes down from his seat, caucuses with Bavetta and rules that the entire San Antonio coaching staff is ejected. The Mavericks start the 2nd quarter by shooting 12 straight free throws and Spurs trainer Will Sevening is left in charge of the team. Now down 54-12, the Spurs try to put on a rally, but score at a Cleveland like pace, putting up 13 points in the 2nd quarter -- only 1 more than the 12 Dallas scored before the quarter even started. They go in at halftime down 68-25. The Spurs shoot 77% from the floor in the second half, but the Mavericks don't miss any shots, going 29-29. They score at will and win 135-71.

GhostofAlfrederickHughes
05-22-2006, 12:27 PM
How confident am I? Let me count the ways.

(1) Avery Johnson = Larry Bowa. His team's wound too tight, walkin' on
eggshells.
(2) Duncan had his 'off game' already. He goes for 30+ again.
(3) Ditto for Tony Parker (maybe not the 30 points, but his game will be back).
(4) No WAY Finley fumbles his shot to administer the KO to the Mavs. Did you hear his postgame 6 comments? He's pissed that not a single Dallas player has
stepped up and told the fans how classless they're being by booing him.
(5) Too much Manu.

And just in case that's not enough, it's Horry Time.

Supergirl
05-22-2006, 12:29 PM
How confident. I'm about an 8, out of 10, with 10 being "absolutely confident." Sometimes a 9.

Spurs will pull away in the fourth quarter, and win by 5-10 points.

RobinsontoDuncan
05-22-2006, 12:30 PM
not confident at all, salvatore? Come on.

I also think that it all depends on the first 2 quarters, if the spurs can get a lead and keep for the first half than good, because otherwise.... shit

CubanMustGo
05-22-2006, 01:03 PM
On the way out to center court for the tip-off, Dick Bavetta turns to Bruce Bowen and says "Terrible? You haven't seen anything yet." , etc...

Bavetta reffed last year's Finals Game 7 ... seemed to work out OK. :spin

shelshor
05-22-2006, 01:36 PM
To borrow a quote from the great Bill Russell before the 1969 finals game 7:
"This team will not beat us; they cannot beat us; it's impossible"
It applies to the Mavs in tonight's game just as much as it applied to that Lakers team

Texas_Ranger
05-22-2006, 01:42 PM
Spurs by 34.

Finley 50 pts

texlawman
05-22-2006, 01:49 PM
Mavs by 8 they run the Spurs out of the Gym and once again expose their lack of team speed.

Spurs send the offseason (wait you guys have no other teams). Perhaps maybe you ought to spend the offseason figuring out how to make Margaritas out of the Riverwalk.

Jimcs50
05-22-2006, 01:56 PM
its so freaking hard to predict anything in this series. i think it will be a very very close game. i think it might even go to overtime.

My heart could not take that...especially if TD or Manu is out of the game, as has been the case in this series.

Jimcs50
05-22-2006, 01:59 PM
I am not confident at all.

If the refs allow the teams to play, without a stopping the game with whistles, then SA will win it, but I am not that sure at all about that, to be honest.

I need a Pepcid.

:)

DDS4
05-22-2006, 02:03 PM
This ain't games 1-6. Game 7 is a different animal.

For the first time, the Mavs are feeling the pressure of elimination and it WILL show up in their play. I know they're still thinking of what could have been in games 5 and 6. They should have taken care of business when they had the chance.

The crowd will give the needed energy to clamp down on D in the 4th.

Spurs by 8.

1Parker1
05-22-2006, 02:07 PM
I am not confident at all.

If the refs allow the teams to play, without a stopping the game with whistles, then SA will win it, but I am not that sure at all about that, to be honest.

I need a Pepcid.

Noo, what happened to Mr. Optimistic?? :depressed

ShoogarBear
05-22-2006, 02:24 PM
If I was like 20 years old I would probably feel very confident.

Unfortunately, I remember 1976 and 1979 and 1981 and 1995.

It's probably similar to how people who lived through the Depression never quite shook off poverty.

Jimcs50
05-22-2006, 02:31 PM

It's probably similar to how people who lived through the Depression never quite shook off poverty.

That must be my problem...too many demons still kicking around in the head.

1Parker1
05-22-2006, 03:01 PM

:lol Too easy...

And just for the record, this series has taken off a good 10 years on my young life also! I don't know if I can take another nail-biter! :spin

pache100
05-22-2006, 03:03 PM
I need a Pepcid. :)

I think I had three during the game on Friday night. :rolleyes

ShoogarBear
05-22-2006, 03:05 PM
:lol Too easy...I typed that thinking of you with every keystroke.

tlongII
05-22-2006, 03:07 PM

Don't forget 1990! :smokin

ShoogarBear
05-22-2006, 03:09 PM
...No male reads anything above your sig.

jman3000
05-22-2006, 03:15 PM
I'm confident... but even if they do lose, the fact that they battled back from 3-1 to tie it all up would lessen the hurt if they did in fact lose.

Spurs by 9

Spurs in 7

efrem1
05-22-2006, 03:23 PM
You bet I am confident!!! Dirk will have some good conversations with Virgil Ward, Jimmy Houston and Bill Dance over the next few weeks!!

strangeweather
05-22-2006, 04:23 PM

I respect the hell out of that, and I remember 1995 all too well (though the others were before my time). I guess I just feel like these Spurs are a different team, battle-tested champions that shine with their backs against the wall. (Please don't take that as disrespect for previous generations of Spurs.)

2centsworth
05-22-2006, 04:34 PM
I'm confident that I will vomit.

ShoogarBear
05-22-2006, 04:38 PM
I respect the hell out of that, and I remember 1995 all too well (though the others were before my time). I guess I just feel like these Spurs are a different team, battle-tested champions that shine with their backs against the wall. (Please don't take that as disrespect for previous generations of Spurs.)Oh, yeah, no question these Spurs are nowhere like the old timey gangs.

But it's just that when you experience crushing defeats like that, you never take victory for granted.

greens
05-22-2006, 05:19 PM
100% Confident

Home Court and the Championship heart and experience will be to much for the Mavs to overcome. I'm looking forward to a lock down 4th quarter by the Spurs!

I agree with that! Spurs do have experience in this situation. Plus never underestimate the heart of a champion...And by the way, I LOVE your siggy...Can't wait to see Detroit and San Antonio in the Finals...Oh man, I hope so...