PDA

View Full Version : My Yearly Infiltration Of The Four Letter Network

nbascribe
05-21-2006, 07:46 PM
Just got e-mail invites to do TWO ESPN programs tomorrow talking about our beloved Spurs.

At 3:20 C.S.T., I'll be doing ESPN NEWS' Hotllist breaking down the Spurs/Mavs game.

I've also been asked to tape a live segment of Oustide the Lines after the Spurs game talking about how teams like the Spurs and Detroit, which have a team concept, are able to win the last three titles despite young players like LeBron, Dirk and D-Wade.

Should be epic. Maybe I'll trash Mark Cuban in the process.

GO SPURS GO

exstatic
05-21-2006, 07:54 PM
Maybe I'll trash Mark Cuban in the process.
You wanna do a Jason Terry on Cubes? Don't even mention his name, and brush it off if they do.

Spurs Dynasty
05-21-2006, 07:56 PM
Just got e-mail invites to do TWO ESPN programs tomorrow talking about our beloved Spurs.

At 3:20 C.S.T., I'll be doing ESPN NEWS' Hotllist breaking down the Spurs/Mavs game.

I've also been asked to tape a live segment of Oustide the Lines after the Spurs game talking about how teams like the Spurs and Detroit, which have a team concept, are able to win the last three titles despite young players like LeBron, Dirk and D-Wade.

GO SPURS GO

OH PLEASE TRASH HIM! But trash him with class :angel

Really, it is a damn shame what he has done to this game and to the fans and he should be held accountable. We know what he is about here, but I wonder how much the rest of NBA-dom knows.

angel_luv
05-21-2006, 07:58 PM

GO SPURS GO

Who is Mark Cuban?

:lol

Have a great show! :)

nbascribe
05-21-2006, 07:58 PM
Good point Dynasty...maybe I will if they ask the question.

I'll use the 'owners should never interject themselves into their clubs' games like Cuban is doing. It's very disruptve to a really good series between really two good teams.

exstatic
05-21-2006, 08:00 PM
Cuban would love any publicity that you would give him. Trashing him is only a form of publicity for him and the Mavs.

Spurologist
05-21-2006, 08:02 PM
Shout out to ST

Spurs Dynasty
05-21-2006, 08:02 PM
Good point Dynasty...maybe I will if they ask the question.

I'll use the 'owners should never interject themselves into their clubs' games like Cuban is doing. It's very disruptve to a really good series between really two good teams.

What i find particularly disturbing is the fact that they show video's mocking the SPurs in the AAC. Apparently they are just plain insulting. To me, this is uncalled for and should be stopped.

Also, they whip the fans into a frenzy against the current target of Cuban's hatred, in this case that poor SOB Finley who is being called a traitor !!!

Spurs Dynasty
05-21-2006, 08:04 PM
read the "Finley Critic's Quited" thread... says it all.

nbascribe
05-21-2006, 08:16 PM
fin's a class act. Love talking to him in the lockerroom. I think the best way to get back at Mark Cuban is to talk about the class act that Finley is and how he has come to a team wanting to only contribute in any way he can.

But we'll see. The producers in Bristol may want to make it a No Cuban spin zone and I'm fine with that.

Solid D
05-21-2006, 08:19 PM
The Spurs have the Coyote...the Mavs have Mark Cuban.

I hope things go well for you tomorrow.

KEDA
05-21-2006, 08:23 PM
you better send a shout out to KEDA

nobody will know what you are talking about

tell them Im the only white guy that reads your site!

exstatic
05-21-2006, 08:23 PM
What i find particularly disturbing is the fact that they show video's mocking the SPurs in the AAC. Apparently they are just plain insulting. To me, this is uncalled for and should be stopped.

Also, they whip the fans into a frenzy against the current target of Cuban's hatred, in this case that poor SOB Finley who is being called a traitor !!!
Cuban is trailer trash. Nothing is going to change that now. Best to minimize his exposure. He WANTS you to be outraged. To be outraged is to pay him attention.

Spurs Dynasty
05-21-2006, 08:25 PM
fin's a class act. Love talking to him in the lockerroom. I think the best way to get back at Mark Cuban is to talk about the class act that Finley is and how he has come to a team wanting to only contribute in any way he can.

But we'll see. The producers in Bristol may want to make it a No Cuban spin zone and I'm fine with that.

Fair enough. IF you would, the next time you see Finley, please let him know how much we support him and appreciate him. This is his new home and I pray he will finally get that ring this year.

If I could get one wish for the game tomorrow it is that it is Finley that puts the dagger into the Cuban heart !

ALVAREZ6
05-21-2006, 08:28 PM
If I could get one wish for the game tomorrow it is that it is Finley that puts the dagger into the Cuban heart !
That would be rediculous.

I wouldn't want it any other way either, that would be great if the Spurs win on a buzzer-beating 3 from Finley, over Dirk, in front of Cuban. You can't do much better than that.

nbascribe
05-21-2006, 08:30 PM
I'd settle for a 48 oz. mug of dirty ass water from the Riverwalk for Cuban.

We can call it the "Dirty Rotten Scoundral". lol

nbascribe
05-21-2006, 08:31 PM
Props to keda!! lol

:fro

Spurs Dynasty
05-21-2006, 08:42 PM
That would be rediculous.

I wouldn't want it any other way either, that would be great if the Spurs win on a buzzer-beating 3 from Finley, over Dirk, in front of Cuban. You can't do much better than that.

How about another twist? How about the shot doesnt hit net, but bounces up off the rim, off the backboard, spins around the rim again before finally falling in. You know, a "lucky" shot ala Brent Barry.

Hmmm, but then do we want to hear all that whining ?

KEDA
05-21-2006, 09:01 PM
Money,

I got that shit ready to go on my DVR

I expect a shout out!

if not then no big!

etex211
05-21-2006, 09:20 PM

The "team" in San Antonio would unravel without the "star," Tim Duncan.

(not trying to start anything, just stating an obvious fact)

nbascribe
05-21-2006, 09:22 PM
Mr. 21 posts come talk to us when your suck ass mavericks have won two titles in three years. We ain't hearing u...

samikeyp
05-21-2006, 09:22 PM
Its obvious because you say so?

Give 'em hell G Mo.

etex211
05-21-2006, 09:43 PM
Never mind, I thought you folks we're smarter than that.

Carry on.

nbascribe
05-21-2006, 09:45 PM
We are. Put that comment where it belongs. This thread has nothing to do with game flow, strategy or any of the sort.

Shank
05-21-2006, 10:05 PM
Sounds like you've got your mind set to be quite professional in front of a national audience.

T Park
05-21-2006, 10:11 PM
as you have been with your "Suck my cock" references Seno class....

Shank
05-21-2006, 10:12 PM
I'm not the one going on national television with a personal vendetta in my backpocket.

spurschick
05-21-2006, 10:12 PM
I've heard Mark Cuban say that he's talking so much trash because he wants to promote a rivalry between these two teams now and for years to come. I just don't understand why that can't happen without the bullshit trash talk he's spewing, especially about the city. The Celtics and Lakers had a rivalry for years. Was there some trash talk... of course, but not at the level that it is now. They let their game do the talking and fuel the rivalry. I know that Cuban wants to market his team, but there are more positive ways to do it.

T Park
05-21-2006, 10:15 PM
I'm not the one going on national television with a personal vendetta in my backpocket.

Nah, youve just gone on a worldwide message board where thousands view, and had a personal childish vendetta...

Glass houses....

1Parker1
05-21-2006, 10:16 PM
I've heard Mark Cuban say that he's talking so much trash because he wants to promote a rivalry between these two teams now and for years to come. I just don't understand why that can't happen without the bullshit trash talk he's spewing, especially about the city. The Celtics and Lakers had a rivalry for years. Was there some trash talk... of course, but not at the level that it is now. They let their game do the talking and fuel the rivalry. I know that Cuban wants to market his team, but there are more positive ways to do it.

Agreed. He's just trying to instigate the media. He doesn't realize that rivalries aren't formed OFF the court...they happen with with goes on ON the court.

spurschick
05-21-2006, 10:18 PM

But you did come into this forum with a huge chip on your shoulder. Just because you have inside info doesn't mean you're the end-all-be-all.

Shank
05-21-2006, 10:18 PM
Nah, youve just gone on a worldwide message board where thousands view, and had a personal childish vendetta...

Glass houses....

You honestly think more people read this board than watch ESPN? And how many of those people know who "Shank" is?

nbascribe
05-21-2006, 10:19 PM
Shank:

What the fuck u talking about? What pesonal vendetta? for your information I've interviewed Cuban before and he reads my website.

As for this personal vendetta bullshit, they called me to do what Mark Jackson and others do. What are u stupid and can't read or something?

If the producers ask me to comment on Mark Cuban's antics, then i'll comment on them. He's news no matter how you look at it.

Please leave the insightful post to the more intelligent folks like Mouse.

Spurs Dynasty
05-21-2006, 10:20 PM
You honestly think more people read this board than watch ESPN? And how many of those people know who "Shank" is?

everyone does ! I mean, you are a legend in your own mind.

Shank
05-21-2006, 10:26 PM
Shank:

What the fuck u talking about? What pesonal vendetta? for your information I've interviewed Cuban before and he reads my website.

As for this personal vendetta bullshit, they called me to do what Mark Jackson and others do. What are u stupid and can't read or something?

If the producers ask me to comment on Mark Cuban's antics, then i'll comment on them. He's news no matter how you look at it.

Please leave the insightful post to the more intelligent folks like Mouse.

I'm talking about you using your time to rag on Cuban if given the chance. The only thing you should say in response to Cuban is "scoreboard". That will shut him up every time. I think it's great that you're getting the opportunity to speak on behalf on the Spurs fandom on a national stage. I don't know if it's your first time or not, but props for getting the gig.

And for your information I've interviewed Cuban before, too.

FromWayDowntown
05-21-2006, 10:32 PM
The "team" in San Antonio would unravel without the "star," Tim Duncan.

(not trying to start anything, just stating an obvious fact)

That's true -- but the system in San Antonio has been successful because the star understands the need to involve and trust his teammates. It's Tim Duncan's understanding that he can't do it by himself that causes the Spurs to excel.

nbascribe
05-21-2006, 10:33 PM
Shank it's not my first time doing ESPN...It's my 20th on various topics that go down in this town.

Look at the Avatar and get a clue or ask somebody in this thread.

Oh and they'll also tell you I've ripped the Spurs NATIONALLY and have no qualms doing so. I don't let my fandom get in the way of my paycheck.

T Park
05-21-2006, 10:35 PM
And for your information I've interviewed Cuban before, too.

asking if you want to "supersize" that , doesnt count.

Shank
05-21-2006, 10:38 PM
Fox Sports Radio died in DFW a couple years back.

nbascribe
05-21-2006, 10:41 PM
T Park, SC, somebody help Shank out...

Evidently he's thinking I'm some rookie or something...lol

Shank
05-21-2006, 10:42 PM
And you must think the same about me. Chances are we know a lot of the same people. I just have no interest in saying what it is I do. I've ruined that by acting like an asshole around here.

It's all good. Best of luck to you. I'll be watching tomorrow afternoon. Tie and coat?

Spurs Dynasty
05-21-2006, 10:45 PM
And you must think the same about me. Chances are we know a lot of the same people. I just have no interest in saying what it is I do. I've ruined that by acting like an asshole around here.

It's all good. Best of luck to you. I'll be watching tomorrow afternoon. Tie and coat?

WOW ! Shank ! I have a whole new outlook on you ! Enjoy the game.

nbascribe
05-21-2006, 10:50 PM
Shank, Charles Barkley attire.....I rarely do tie and coat

I'm an analyst not a dayum desk jockey....lol

T Park
05-21-2006, 10:52 PM
I just have no interest in saying what it is I do. I've ruined that by acting like an asshole around here.

:lol

Shank
05-21-2006, 10:53 PM
But can you pretend like you're on location in Iraq and give us those hilarious 10-second delays, holding your ear and staring into the camera when someone asks you a question? Comedy gold.

nbascribe
05-21-2006, 11:06 PM
lol....wish i could but I'll be in a studio downtown doing it live!! lol

Spurzilla
05-22-2006, 12:25 AM
Looking forward to watching the broadcasts. Would like to read your website as well. What is the URL?

spurschick
05-22-2006, 08:08 AM

Yes you have. We have people on the inside here that don't go around thumping their chests. You could have easily said that you work in media and left it at that, but you chose instead to call other people out for their sources and pussy out when asked about your own. That being said, it's nice to see that you may have learned from your mistakes.