PDA

View Full Version : Should I Watch

Patrick Davis
05-21-2006, 09:16 PM
I have an informal poll for the FSP forum.
The Spurs seem to have much better luck when I don't watch the game. So far in this series the three I watched they lost, the three I didn't, they won. Now, I missed these games because of work, but now the question has to be asked. Should I intentionaly not watch game 7? Please place your opinions here so it's your fault if I jinx them.

FYI, for the playoffs the record is
Watching, 2-4
Not Watching, 5-1

T Park
05-21-2006, 09:17 PM
Can't tell you what to do, but keep going with whats workin bro :)

theroc5
05-21-2006, 09:18 PM
it doesnt matter if you watch or i watch, the only fans that might be able to help the spurs are the ones at the at&t center. i say watch

bigglendiesel
05-21-2006, 09:19 PM
from those statistics, i'd say watch "prison break" or "American Idol"... but I don't really believe in superstitions or history... we're coming back from a 3-1 deficit to win... which has happened by a handful of teams...so watch the game because it will be a hell of a game... plus nothing beats that feeling... especially if your buddy next to you (for some reason) hates the spurs... of jumpin on him and punching him in the arm and having him get caught up in the high-five hurricane that is all around him... well, that's my opinion...

samikeyp
05-21-2006, 09:19 PM
No.

Pistons_In_7
05-21-2006, 09:20 PM
Man you gotta watch a game 7. Some of the best basketball you'll ever "witness" happens in a game 7 atmosphere. Just ask Lebron.

angel_luv
05-21-2006, 09:21 PM
If the Spurs win when you don't watch, then watch the Oprah special live and tape the game. :)

Kori Ellis
05-21-2006, 09:23 PM
Patrick, go ahead and watch -- you aren't that important that you can mess up the Spurs karma. :)

SPARKY
05-21-2006, 09:26 PM
I have viewed two Spurs playoff games in my woman's bed. Game 5 of the '05 Finals and Game 6 of the current series.

Bedtime is early tomorrow night for SPARKY. :smokin

Spurs Dynasty
05-21-2006, 09:29 PM
The Spurs seem to have much better luck when I don't watch the game. So far in this series the three I watched they lost, the three I didn't, they won. Now, I missed these games because of work, but now the question has to be asked. Should I intentionaly not watch game 7? Please place your opinions here so it's your fault if I jinx them.

Watching, 2-4
Not Watching, 5-1

go watch some old Baywatch reruns. We will TIVO the game for you :lol

caŽlo
05-21-2006, 09:34 PM
dont watch,

trueclass21
05-21-2006, 09:36 PM
I am very supersticious that way too..play it safe and don't watch. Please..

Brutalis
05-21-2006, 10:52 PM
I'm the same way.

Late in games in the 4th if it's close, I have the habit of dribbling the ball through my legs in the kitchen, then doing it backwards. Just walking back and forth dribbling through my legs forward, backward, so on during commercials.

One day I will prove how it helps in some small way. Something to do with the ball bouncing on a tile that has supernatural energy connecting to the ATT center.

;)

Vinnie_Johnson
05-21-2006, 11:06 PM
You should watch The Spurs are going to win by atleast 8 points.

braeden0613
05-21-2006, 11:20 PM
ok it doesnt matter whether you watch or not

efrem1
05-21-2006, 11:36 PM
I won't be able to watch until late in the game since it has a 5 p.m. West Coast tip and I won't get home until 7.

dav4463
05-22-2006, 12:59 AM
record it and watch it later! funny how we get superstitious about things like this.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-22-2006, 01:04 AM
Doesn't matter...just do whatever makes you feel comfortable.. If you wanna watch watch, or wanna record it, record it. Just Belieevvee...The Spurs will come out on top. They're good enough to win so don't worry bout the Karmic energy.

MannyIsGod
05-22-2006, 01:06 AM
I say you kick back on the living room floor with a laptop. Don't wear yourself out!

MissAllThat
05-22-2006, 01:08 AM

Watching, 2-4
Not Watching, 5-1

Patrick, I've had the same problem in the past. That super long win streak we had way back when? Yeah, I didn't watch the games unless they were up 20 late in the 4th. Rumor has it I missed some good stuff, but they were winning so it was worth it. For game 5 I listened to the start of the second half without looking at the tv for a while, then I said screw it. I mean its hard for game 7, if you don't watch, you could miss a great Spurs victory or possibly the last game of the season for your team. Maybe try watching, and if they start playing horribly change the channel or turn the TV off.

rep
05-22-2006, 01:34 AM
OMG!!! The same thing happens with me too, except my luck isn't that bad and I sometimes don't watch because I get scared and think that if we lose, it's my fault. IDK what it is, but I didn't watch the entire Pistons Game 6 or Game 7 for that matter but Game 7 was because we went out and I came back for the second quarter but watched the game in spurts from then on because I was getting ready for a wedding. Anyway, in Game 6 I would watch every now and then but in the 4th, I stopped but me being me, I had to update myself. My heart was beating so quick....Anyway....

I say give yourself updates. Flip back and forth every now and then, see how the game is going and when you watch see what happens. If it seems that the Spurs struggle for the minute/2 minutes you're watching, don't watch. If they play well, why miss out on a Game 7? I miss games out of fear. I throw fits over the slightest thing, you shouldn't have to miss games like that. They're the most memorable ones. Win or lose, your team is always worth the watch especially in situations like these, unless you're like me where you might get a heart attack because of one bad play in the first quarter.lol Plus, I always end up regretting it when we win, like 'damn I missed out' and I'm upset when we lose whether I watch it or not. With ALL that being said, I saw watch.

Good luck!