PDA

View Full Version : Duncan: Big Dud?

annetteresendez
10-11-2004, 05:25 PM
i wish people would stop criticizing timmy for being the wonderful player and person that he is. "wouldnt want to be cornered with him at the cocktail party or the barbecue". what kind of ridiculous crap is that.

i tell you how and when i would like him to be around and that is as a husband, father, friend, teammate, on the all star team, at the olympics(representing our country) and at every game, especially in the playoffs. just becuz he doesnt have to drink beer to have a good time doesnt make him a dud.

spurs are always being criticized for being good guys, but i enjoy the fact the the players spend their free time at charity events and benefits rather than spending it in court for rape charges, or on mtv cribs showing off all their valuables. spurs are recognized by their on and off court closeness and contributions. they are not recognized by arguing and bickering over what one player the team belongs to.

so, if you read this timmy, you are my favorite dud and san antonio's #1 BIG DUD.
GO SPURS GO !!!!!!

BronxCowboy
10-11-2004, 08:04 PM
Hear, hear. I think the problem is that too many sports commentators confuse buffoonery with personality.

Kori Ellis
10-11-2004, 08:13 PM
That "Big Dud" column cracked me up. Because the writer acted like he'd die if he had to have dinner with Tim, Vijay Singh, etc. Meanwhile in actuality, they'd die to do so.

ShoogarBear
10-11-2004, 08:24 PM
Sportswriters (with a few exceptions) are complete hypocrits.

They spend 50% of their time complaining about how badly athletes act.

They spend the other 50% of their time complaining about how boring the athletes with class are.

They don't really give a shit either way. Anything for a column.