PDA

View Full Version : Shank's take on Mavs-Spurs series and Game 7

Shank
05-21-2006, 11:47 PM
Safe to read, I promise.

My god, what an amazing series. A young man shouldn't have to worry about having a heart attack -especially one brought about by great basketball finishes. Dallas built their team and their concepts in the same vein that NFL teams arrange themselves to take out the Patriots in recent years. Something about imitation and flattery comes to mind here. From the Dallas end, there is nothing but the utmost level of respect for the team down South.

On the refs - We can go around all day long about games being "giftwrapped" and calls being made at the worst times. The fact is, the refs are poor in almost every series we've seen so far this season. And it sucks that games have to be decided by these geriatric incompetents but that's what we deal with. If there's a better solution, I would hope it comes into play sooner than later.

This Dallas team has amazed a lot of people and hopefully opened up the eyes of a lot of basketball fans. When we go back and look at the preseason predictions, Dallas fell somewhere in the 6-9th place range in the West. No one knew that Diop would have an above-average season. We weren't sure if Dirk could carry the load as being the only guy left over from the "Big 3" of previous seasons. How would Avery fare in his first full season at the helm? All in all, we weren't sure of what we would see.

As everyone expected, San Antonio is San Antonio. They won the games they were supposed to and overcame Duncan's supposed debilitating foot injury. Cagy old veterans with a vast knowledge of the game followed Pop's every command and put up 60+ wins with nary another team close to their rear view mirror. Then came the playoffs and a few early "uh oh" moments in the Kings series. But once again, the Spurs showed that prowess and determination will overcome all.

So here we are today. A 7th game awaits on Monday night. For most Dallas fans, including myself, we hoped it wouldn't have had to come to this. But I'm up late, reading everything about the game that I can get my hands on. I'm geeked, pumped, excited...whatever you want to call it. I know that at this same time tomorrow night I will either be ecstatic or completely deflated. But I will forever remember this series as the one that brought Dallas closer to the forefront and one that kept my interested piqued through all the woven storylines.

Thanks for the good times. Sorry about being an asshole. Well, not really. I'm actually quite an asshole in real life. But it's all in good ribbing. Best of luck, guys. See you around.

Holt's Cat
05-21-2006, 11:49 PM
Somewone got the Cwiff's Notes? I need a snack.

SequSpur
05-21-2006, 11:51 PM
Spurs by 15

The Genius
05-21-2006, 11:52 PM
Holy reasonable judgement Batman!

MaNuMaNiAc
Safe to read, I promise.

My god, what an amazing series. A young man shouldn't have to worry about having a heart attack -especially one brought about by great basketball finishes. Dallas built their team and their concepts in the same vein that NFL teams arrange themselves to take out the Patriots in recent years. Something about imitation and flattery comes to mind here. From the Dallas end, there is nothing but the utmost level of respect for the team down South.

On the refs - We can go around all day long about games being "giftwrapped" and calls being made at the worst times. The fact is, the refs are poor in almost every series we've seen so far this season. And it sucks that games have to be decided by these geriatric incompetents but that's what we deal with. If there's a better solution, I would hope it comes into play sooner than later.

This Dallas team has amazed a lot of people and hopefully opened up the eyes of a lot of basketball fans. When we go back and look at the preseason predictions, Dallas fell somewhere in the 6-9th place range in the West. No one knew that Diop would have an above-average season. We weren't sure if Dirk could carry the load as being the only guy left over from the "Big 3" of previous seasons. How would Avery fare in his first full season at the helm? All in all, we weren't sure of what we would see.

As everyone expected, San Antonio is San Antonio. They won the games they were supposed to and overcame Duncan's supposed debilitating foot injury. Cagy old veterans with a vast knowledge of the game followed Pop's every command and put up 60+ wins with nary another team close to their rear view mirror. Then came the playoffs and a few early "uh oh" moments in the Kings series. But once again, the Spurs showed that prowess and determination will overcome all.

So here we are today. A 7th game awaits on Monday night. For most Dallas fans, including myself, we hoped it wouldn't have had to come to this. But I'm up late, reading everything about the game that I can get my hands on. I'm geeked, pumped, excited...whatever you want to call it. I know that at this same time tomorrow night I will either be ecstatic or completely deflated. But I will forever remember this series as the one that brought Dallas closer to the forefront and one that kept my interested piqued through all the woven storylines.

Thanks for the good times. Sorry about being an asshole. Well, not really. I'm actually quite an asshole in real life. But it's all in good ribbing. Best of luck, guys. See you around.
:tu

Despot
Go back to Mavtalk

The Genius
05-21-2006, 11:53 PM
Go back to Mavtalk
Holy rudeness Batman!

Despot
05-21-2006, 11:56 PM
Holy rudeness Batman!

read through his previous posts. He goes above and beyond being a Troll or spewing trash talk.

The Genius
05-21-2006, 11:59 PM
read through his previous posts. He goes above and beyond being a Troll or spewing trash talk.
Holy I'm just fucking with ya Batman! Seriously, I'm being a douche. Go Spurs!

Spurs Dynasty
05-22-2006, 12:01 AM
Go back to Mavtalk

Aw, comeon now ! That was a very decent posting, why slam him for that?

Spurs Dynasty
05-22-2006, 12:03 AM

we have all gotten pissy from time to time. I think it is big of him to say what he did. Time will tell if he means it. Lets see.

Despot
05-22-2006, 12:12 AM
we have all gotten pissy from time to time. I think it is big of him to say what he did. Time will tell if he means it. Lets see.

RON ARTEST has redeemed himself in my eyes, so yes it's possible.

FromWayDowntown
05-22-2006, 12:26 AM
I Saw Shank's Redemption?

midgetonadonkey
05-22-2006, 12:33 AM
Who the fuck is Shank and why should I give a fuck about anything he has to say?

RealEstateDude
05-22-2006, 12:38 AM
Aw, comeon now ! That was a very decent posting, why slam him for that?

what did he say? cliff notes please...

Despot
05-22-2006, 12:40 AM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=971717#post971717

Veronica - were you in section 112-113 with the metallic silver thundersticks?

No, we were up in 305 w/ white ones.

Ah, because I saw some fat, fucking, sweaty, pig-bitch with a full beard wearing a XXXL Ginobili jersey down in 112.

spurs=bling
05-22-2006, 12:41 AM
Who the fuck is Shank and why should I give a fuck about anything he has to say?
:lol

RON ARTEST
05-22-2006, 01:10 AM
RON ARTEST has redeemed himself in my eyes, so yes it's possible.
really? thanks man i appreciate that. i just realized there is no reason to be a troll. especially since im a kings fan for god sake. :lol i have no room to talk trash.

Despot
05-22-2006, 01:12 AM
really? thanks man i appreciate that. i just realized there is no reason to be a troll. especially since im a kings fan for god sake. :lol i have no room to talk trash.

Actually I was talking about the real artest. :lol j/k

talking trash is part of sports, nothing wrong with it if it stays at just that.

J.T.
05-22-2006, 01:19 AM
Shank you have dropped a lot of smack talk around here since the series started, but at least this thread is for real. Some redemption points are in order. Good post.

strangeweather
05-22-2006, 01:25 PM

Nice post. Win or lose, y'all have had a hell of a season.

travis2
05-22-2006, 01:28 PM

:lmao

ShoogarBear
05-22-2006, 02:18 PM
http://www.trickstutorials.com/forum/images/smilies/corn.gifhttp://www.trickstutorials.com/forum/images/smilies/corn.gifhttp://www.trickstutorials.com/forum/images/smilies/corn.gifhttp://www.trickstutorials.com/forum/images/smilies/corn.gifhttp://www.trickstutorials.com/forum/images/smilies/corn.gif

DarrinS
05-22-2006, 02:28 PM
Good luck. May the better team win.

CosmicCowboy
05-22-2006, 02:36 PM
Hes definitely right about one thing. Spurs built Spurs 2.0 to beat the Lakers. Version 2.2 was updated to beat the Pistons. A lot of money was spent on this Mavs team designed to beat the Spurs.

101A
05-22-2006, 02:43 PM
:lol :lol :lol

Kori Ellis
05-22-2006, 02:44 PM
No Redemption.

Shank's still an ass. :)

Islymore
05-22-2006, 03:06 PM
Shank has his days... but I think this was a nice post.