PDA

View Full Version : NAZR MOHAMMED may want the whole mle

ducks
05-22-2006, 02:10 PM
# NAZR MOHAMMED: A big body with championship experience who can rebound and score inside. However, this former Knick center may want the entire mid-level.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/v-pfriendly/story/419934p-354559c.html

redskinfan
05-22-2006, 02:12 PM
good luck nasal youi aint worth a fu@#

CosmicCowboy
05-22-2006, 02:25 PM
Nazr will get MLE at least. When you measuring stick is Tim Duncan he looks worse than he is.

Borosai
05-22-2006, 02:30 PM
Let him walk please.

CosmicCowboy
05-22-2006, 02:43 PM
He may walk but you guys don't seem to realize how few good big guys there are out there...As an example, Dampier (and you see what HE looks like playing next to Duncan) will average over 10 million a year for the next five years. Thats the kind of money it takes to sign a better than average free agent big.

DarrinS
05-22-2006, 02:51 PM
The dudge makes more than Bruce Bowen.

That is a travesty.

pache100
05-22-2006, 02:53 PM
Good, I hope he gets it. Somewhere else.

tlongII
05-22-2006, 02:55 PM
We have the same problem with Joel Przybilla who is much better than Nazr.

leemajors
05-22-2006, 03:02 PM
javtokas please. pass the nazr down the table.

T Park
05-22-2006, 03:06 PM
sign and trade Mohammed.

Been beating that drum since March.

CosmicCowboy
05-22-2006, 03:36 PM
sign and trade Mohammed.

Been beating that drum since March.

That works for me if it is the right player...certainly gives Nazr more options if he wants more than MLE...and if someone is willing to pay it and give up better value in return. The Spurs situation gives them the luxury of breaking the cardinal rule of never trading big for small...

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-22-2006, 03:48 PM
We'll need Nazr if we get to the Pistons, and if he plays big for us in that series everyone will be saying that he's too valuable to part with.

Javtokas? I remember some high hopes for a guy named Oberto.

TDMVPDPOY
05-22-2006, 03:51 PM
Javtokas > NAZR = CHEAPER TO EMPLOY, puts in 110% effort, all heart and muscles, physical presence, not a dropper, shoots bad fts = SPURS MATERIAL

Spurminator
05-22-2006, 03:51 PM
MLE ain't much considering what his value might have been after last season...

ploto
05-22-2006, 03:57 PM
Nazr wants a whole lot more than the MLE. He turned down more than that last summer from the Spurs.

Kori Ellis
05-22-2006, 03:59 PM
Nazr wants a whole lot more than the MLE. He turned down more than that last summer from the Spurs.

I thought the Spurs reportedly offered five years/~$25M. That's less than the MLE.

PM5K
05-22-2006, 04:00 PM
We have the same problem with Joel Przybilla who is much better than Nazr.

I love that guy, I'd much rather see him here than Nazr or Rasho, 2.3 BPG, YES PLEASE!

cheguevara
05-22-2006, 04:00 PM
who needs big guys these days?? shaq has one foot on the grave

ploto
05-22-2006, 04:05 PM
I thought the Spurs reportedly offered five years/~$25M. That's less than the MLE.
Only 4 years I believe.

ploto
05-22-2006, 04:14 PM
Chicago papers still talking about Nazr:

Nazr Mohammed figures to be worth watching, too, as the Spurs' starting center in the playoffs last year has played just 15 minutes in the series against the Mavs. The free agent from Kenwood High School figures to have seen enough of the Western Conference and might like to give the Bulls an additional inside presence.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/14630687.htm

Big Pimp_21
05-22-2006, 04:19 PM
Sign and trade with the Bulls. Lets get Ben Gordon.

JamStone
05-22-2006, 04:22 PM
It would be a minor steal if the Spurs signed Nazr for the MLE.

As mentioned, there are few even serviceable big men available. Heck, Rasho is set to average over $7.5 million over the next three years.

While Nazr is not the best center, he does know his role, he rebounds at both ends, and he generally doesn't do anything he can't do.

Teams like Chicago, Toronto, and New Orleans would be willing to pay over the MLE for Nazr. And, there are plenty of other NBA teams that will offer him the entire MLE.

SenorSpur
05-22-2006, 04:29 PM
They'd better not let him walk. You don't let valuable assets walk without some compensation. The Spurs are a SMART organization and I fully expect them to at least attempt a S&T with whatever team wants Nazr. It's imperative they get something back in return.

ploto
05-22-2006, 04:36 PM
They'd better not let him walk. You don't let valuable assets walk without some compensation. The Spurs are a SMART organization and I fully expect them to at least attempt a S&T with whatever team wants Nazr. It's imperative they get something back in return.
Not always. If they would rather spend the money of guys they have had stashed in Europe than on anyone the team can trade for- they could let him walk, especially if some team with cap room wants him and does not want to make a deal. The Spurs signed Rob and Rasho that summer with no deals with LA or Minnesota because they had the cap room to do so and had no interest in trading anyone.

spurster
05-22-2006, 04:40 PM
Oberto has improved over the season. With more playing time next season, I think he'll do ok, though certainly not the semi-savior we originally hoped for.

T Park
05-22-2006, 04:45 PM
actually, I think, if Oberto had gotten more time he would be playing.

Heck, I actually think he did great in game 4, and should get more PT.

Javtokas is a smart euro big, who is tough, can rebound, and block shots.

Can't wait to see him.

Slinkyman
05-22-2006, 04:45 PM
Oberto was stuck at the end of the bench due to inexperience, he'll get his chance to shine next season.

CosmicCowboy
05-22-2006, 04:56 PM
As someone already pointed out, if Spurs beat the Mavs tonight and advance we should still see a lot of Nazr in the rest of the playoffs...and some of you that are banging on him now could be all over his nutsack by the end of June.

One thing I do know about this organization is that they will not overpay for talent. If the market sets Nazr's price too high he is gone even if the Spurs don't get anything back. It all depends on the offers on the table and who will give up what that helps us long term. Spurs don't normally deal just to deal...they never lose sight of the long term plan, which is to try keep a fiscally responsible but competetive team around Tim Duncan for the rest of his career and then worry about rebuilding after that...

leemajors
05-22-2006, 04:58 PM
nazr is way too inconsistent for anyone to stay on his nuts, it's a a bumpy ride. i appreciate the contribution last year, but i couldn't bear another season of him.

Vashner
05-22-2006, 05:46 PM
The dudge makes more than Bruce Bowen.

That is a travesty.

Center Shortage...

Is David Robinsons son out of college yet?? lol

Guru of Nothing
05-22-2006, 06:56 PM
Sign and trade with the Bulls. Lets get Ben Gordon.

I was thinking Nocioni - not sure what his contract situation is.