PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Mav Tricks

dbestpro
05-22-2006, 04:00 PM
The Spurs are the more physical and aggressive team. An abundance of foul calls favors Dallas and their jump shooters. Refs usually favor the more aggressive team. If the refs let em play, Dallas is in trouble. Dallas will probably have Griffen start a fight with Ginobili in the first quarter. The hope will be to get Ginobili thrown out and make the refs call the game tight. Its dirty as hell and very much a probable Mav tactic.

jman3000
05-22-2006, 04:06 PM
probable? not even plausible imo...

Mavtek
05-22-2006, 04:06 PM
The Spurs are the more physical and aggressive team. An abundance of foul calls favors Dallas and their jump shooters. Refs usually favor the more aggressive team. If the refs let em play, Dallas is in trouble. Dallas will probably have Griffen start a fight with Ginobili in the first quarter. The hope will be to get Ginobili thrown out and make the refs call the game tight. Its dirty as hell and very much a probable Mav tactic.

This must be some kind of joke?

Dallas is now the jump shooting team? That's great! Haven't heard that one yet.

This post season Dallas has attempted 122 3 points SA has attempted 180, yet we're the jump shooters..................

Whatever.

fyatuk
05-22-2006, 04:11 PM
This must be some kind of joke?

Dallas is now the jump shooting team? That's great! Haven't heard that one yet.

This post season Dallas has attempted 122 3 points SA has attempted 180, yet we're the jump shooters..................

Whatever.

Since when did jump shooting start meaning 3 pt shooting? Pts in the paint/total pts would be a better comparison. The lower the number, the more jump shots are taken.

dbestpro
05-22-2006, 04:13 PM
Three point shooters more often are set shooters, not jump shooters. dirk the dirty, Jason the crotch grabber and Stack let me shoot a 3 to win "clang" are all jump shhhhooootteeersss.

Dallas fans remind me off those people from that future city where the only thing they know is what the people in charge tell them, while a real world that they do not have a clue about goes on all around.

Mavtek
05-22-2006, 04:21 PM
Three point shooters more often are set shooters, not jump shooters. dirk the dirty, Jason the crotch grabber and Stack let me shoot a 3 to win "clang" are all jump shhhhooootteeersss.

Dallas fans remind me off those people from that future city where the only thing they know is what the people in charge tell them, while a real world that they do not have a clue about goes on all around.

Granted Dirk is a jumpshooter, Stack is not a very good one, Terry can drive or take the shot. Harris, Howard, Daniels, Dampier, and Armstrong are not jumpshooters.

Where as Barry, Finley, Van Exel, Horry, Bowen, and Ginobli (unless he gets going left) are all jump shooters.

dbestpro
05-22-2006, 04:22 PM
Every thing the Mav's are doing has nothing to do with basketball and everything to do with influencing the refs. Avery cries before game six. We need more foul calls. Cuban constantly crying, Harris now trying to play head games about calls. It seems that the Whine industry is alive and well in Dallas. Maybe that should be Cubans next business. Maverick Whines. I means Wines.. No, it should be whines.

gingko
05-22-2006, 04:23 PM
dbestpro's posts make me happy.

Love,

Future City Mavs fan.

Shank
05-22-2006, 04:24 PM
Only pussies blame the refs. Get off it.

Mavtek
05-22-2006, 04:24 PM
Three point shooters more often are set shooters,

Oh and BTW have you ever played the game? I'd love see how many "set" nba 3's you can make. I don't think I've ever seen anyone with the exception of maybe Brad Miller make a set 3. The power behind a jump shot comes from the legs. I can shoot a free throw with my arms only, but I doubt I could shoot a three with any accuracy at all if I tried to shoot it set.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-22-2006, 04:25 PM
Only pussies blame the refs. Get off it.

That explains Avery's post game 6 comments. . .thanks for clarifying.

dbestpro
05-22-2006, 04:26 PM
Armstrong? You're trying to compare fourth stringers? Barry, Horry and Van Exel and bench set shooters. Bowen is a starting set shooter. 90% of Ginobili's success occurs at driving to the basket. Parker and Duncan scored more points in the paint this year than any other combo.

Chris
05-22-2006, 04:27 PM
That explains Avery's post game 6 comments. . .thanks for clarifying.
:owned

dbestpro
05-22-2006, 04:29 PM
For you Mav fans who have never seen a real basketball game until you watched the Spurs. A jump shot is when you jump and shoot. A set shot is when you shoot whle your feet are on the floor. The Spurs most often shoot there three's in a set shot fashion.

Shank
05-22-2006, 04:30 PM
:owned

Really? Show me where Avery or any of the Mavericks put the Game 6 loss SOLELY on the referees.

Fuck it. I'm not going to get into this with you guys. The original poster is a moron and this thread makes little sense. But it will turn into an anti-AJ/Cuban dogfest like all the others.

Shank
05-22-2006, 04:31 PM
For you Mav fans who have never seen a real basketball game until you watched the Spurs. A jump shot is when you jump and shoot. A set shot is when you shoot whle your feet are on the floor. The Spurs most often shoot there three's in a set shot fashion.

You don't even know your own team, much less the game of basketball. You really think the Spurs coaching staff goes against all conventional basketball wisdom and teaches their shooters to reel off 3's with their feet on the ground?

Mavtek
05-22-2006, 04:32 PM

Just an FYI, Finley is now a Spur, and I've seen him take oh I don't know maybe like 400 3's through his career. He's definitely jumping when he takes a 3, just like 99% of all 3 point shooters do.

Please stop with this.... You sound like a complete idiot, you won't believe me because I'm a Mavs fan so hopefully a Spurs fan will correct you and you will stop.

croatian_spurs_fan
05-22-2006, 04:33 PM
now is 3-3 and Spurs at home....they gonna beat them......let's say 102-76
lol

MadDog73
05-22-2006, 04:34 PM
Every thing the Mav's are doing has nothing to do with basketball and everything to do with influencing the refs. Avery cries before game six. We need more foul calls. Cuban constantly crying, Harris now trying to play head games about calls. It seems that the Whine industry is alive and well in Dallas. Maybe that should be Cubans next business. Maverick Whines. I means Wines.. No, it should be whines.

And what are you doing?

For all the Mavs "whining", Spurs got the benefit from the line in Game 6: 29-34 FTs, 85.3%.

Mavs? 17-20 Fts, 85%.

That's a 12 point favor for the Spurs, if your intellect can handle actually stats.

So, if the Spurs can repeat that tonight, chalk up another win.

dbestpro
05-22-2006, 04:35 PM
The orginal post was about an intelectual probability of Mav dirty play. I apologize if R.I.P. is offended by intellect.

MadDog73
05-22-2006, 04:37 PM
The orginal post was about an intelectual probability of Mav dirty play. I apologize if R.I.P. is offended by intellect.

Uh, not going to happen. First, AJ would never let it happen. Second, Manu would never let it happen.

We're not Ron Artest here folks, we don't start or finish fights, we play and win basketball games.

dbestpro
05-22-2006, 04:39 PM
Tony Mejia CBS Sportsline

http://www.sportsline.com/nba/story/9453560

There's no way to handicap this series, because there are too many variables. The Spurs have their home-court edge, perennially one of the best in the league, while Dallas has had the officiating in its favor.

Shank
05-22-2006, 04:43 PM
Dude, what are you trying to prove? You're bringing the average intellect of your fellow Spurs fans down by the second.

MadDog73
05-22-2006, 04:44 PM
Tony Mejia CBS Sportsline

http://www.sportsline.com/nba/story/9453560

There's no way to handicap this series, because there are too many variables. The Spurs have their home-court edge, perennially one of the best in the league, while Dallas has had the officiating in its favor.

As I proved, that statement is false.

dbestpro
05-22-2006, 04:45 PM
Plato -----------Foul language and vulgarity is the dialect of the ignorant.

dbestpro
05-22-2006, 04:49 PM
So by Mad dog theory of stats the Spurs could play a grade school team, get more foul calls on that team and have the benefit of offciating. The benefit of offciating occurs when bad calls go a particulat teams way. So, stuff that in your pipe and smoke it.

MadDog73
05-22-2006, 04:52 PM
So by Mad dog theory of stats the Spurs could play a grade school team, get more foul calls on that team and have the benefit of offciating. The benefit of offciating occurs when bad calls go a particulat teams way. So, stuff that in your pipe and smoke it.

What does that have to do with anything?

In Game 6, we shot more free throws than the Mavs, and won, even though we had less field goals. If anything, the officiating benefited us.

I'm a firm believer that the agressive team gets the calls. If the Spurs take it to the hoop (as Tim, Manu and Tony usually do), they will get more calls than the Mavs, who, as many have pointed out, rely more on jumpshooting.

dbestpro
05-22-2006, 04:58 PM
The point here is throughout the series the officiating has been in the Mav's favor. Calling a foul against the Spurs when a foul occurs is not in the Mav's favor. Calling a foul against a Spur when no one is in sight puts the officiating on the side of the Mav's. The amount of foul calls is irrelevant. The amount of bad foul calls is everything. In that regard game six was actually called pretty fair.

MadDog73
05-22-2006, 05:01 PM
The point here is throughout the series the officiating has been in the Mav's favor.

Do you have anything to back that up? Or is it just a "feeling", like the "feeling" you have that the Mavs will try to get Manu in a fight to somehow win game seven.... :rolleyes

Whatever, I'm out. We'll talk after the game.

Shank
05-22-2006, 05:05 PM
I'm just going to let out a big-ass sigh and move on.

I'll leave you with this - the officiating everywhere has been bad, but it's never been in any team's "favor". Three of the league's top officials will be working the game tonight. Think they won't make any questionable calls?

gingko
05-22-2006, 05:28 PM
The "feeling' is probably just gas. It happens to the best of us at times.