PDA

View Full Version : Actual post from MavTalk

DarrinS
05-22-2006, 05:08 PM
I'm embarrassed and ashamed to say this but I have lost hope for this series. Maybe this is why I did not come back for so many months is because I felt that the Mavericks were a team created and put on this earth only to "tease" me. But with the recent coaching changes and the aquisition of far far superior athletes, this year I had started to believe that we were the best.

Perhaps it is a curse on Dallas, or perhaps the problem likes with Dirk Nowitzki himself, since he was the only player (besides Adrian Griffin) when the Mavs lost in the conference finals 3 years ago. After watching him throw that shot up off balance tonight, with a hand in his face, with 5 seconds left and with one timeout left, I am convinced that this team can not win a championship, because the problem lies with its mvp. I hope I will be proven wrong on Monday night, but I am tired of being proven right and it takes a toll on my heavy heart and my character.

The number of calls that have gone the Mavs' way is ridiculous. The referees have been very one-sided towards the Mavericks, and we have absolutely no right to complain about them, and the Spurs fans have every right to complain. The video shows clearly Jason Terry taking a cheap shot, and I found this very disturbing since the Jet is a religious person, who frequently talks about God being with the Mavericks all season, and stresses the importance of "staying humble." I do not believe in any conspiracy theory against the Mavericks. Infact I think the NBA would actually want a big market team like Dallas to win the championship, and we have had 70% of the calls go our way.

I believe the only reason we won those 3 games were because Popovich let his guard down and allowed the tempo to stay high. Today, just like game 1, the score was in the 80's, and the Mavericks lost a close one. I actually saw this coming quite some time ago and I'm surprised Pop didn't have his team play this kind of defense throughout the series, since that is San Antonio's bread and butter. The defense is going to be even tighter on their home court and I just do not see the Mavs coming out of this series anymore.

Mark Cuban seems to make a fool of himself everytime he opens his mouth. I do not take him seriously enough to even comment on some of the things he said. All he's managed to do is motivate the Spurs to play better basketball and lose respect in the eyes of serious people.

I love the style that AJ is coaching but let's face it...a 2-point guardlineup? Fast paced games? This has Nellie written all over it and I just don't see the difference. Yes there has been an improvement in defense but you have to remember that we don't have Shawn Bradley anymore. We don't have Raef Lafrentz anymore. We don't have Steve Nash anymore. We don't have Evan Eschmeyer anymore. Those players have been replaced by Dampier, Diop, Howard and Harris. With those kinds of athletes there was no question that the defense was going to get better. It's not really a change in coaching philosophy as much as a change in personnell. As far as I can tell both styles are pretty much identical.

The key to this whole series for me was Josh Howard, since he's the only starter quick enough to play great offense and great defense. On any championship team the starters must be able to play great defense, and instead of 5 defenders I see Josh and maybe Diop.

It will truly be a miracle if the Mavs can somehow find a way to beat the Spurs on their court. I will pray that I get proven wrong. But I find it difficult to stay optimistic at this time. I admire those people here who still believe. But remember that just because I don't think they can beat a particular team doesn't mean I'm not still their fan. Please forgive me, I'm really embarrassed to say these things.

Shank
05-22-2006, 05:09 PM
Spoken like a true quitter. Mavtalk is nothing but a bunch of middle school girls, anyway.

jman3000
05-22-2006, 05:11 PM
We have our own posters who have lost faith in our team. Every team has them. I'm 99.9% sure that this guy got flamed just like any Spurs fan would have if they posted something similar here. Opinions are opinions and game 7 tonight will settle this thing once and for all, officiating be damned.

Spurs by 9

Solid D
05-22-2006, 05:13 PM
I'm embarrassed and ashamed to say this but I have lost hope for this series. Maybe this is why I did not come back for so many months is because I felt that the Mavericks were a team created and put on this earth only to "tease" me. But with the recent coaching changes and the aquisition of far far superior athletes, this year I had started to believe that we were the best.

Perhaps it is a curse on Dallas, or perhaps the problem likes with Dirk Nowitzki himself, since he was the only player (besides Adrian Griffin) when the Mavs lost in the conference finals 3 years ago. After watching him throw that shot up off balance tonight, with a hand in his face, with 5 seconds left and with one timeout left, I am convinced that this team can not win a championship, because the problem lies with its mvp. I hope I will be proven wrong on Monday night, but I am tired of being proven right and it takes a toll on my heavy heart and my character.

The number of calls that have gone the Mavs' way is ridiculous. The referees have been very one-sided towards the Mavericks, and we have absolutely no right to complain about them, and the Spurs fans have every right to complain. The video shows clearly Jason Terry taking a cheap shot, and I found this very disturbing since the Jet is a religious person, who frequently talks about God being with the Mavericks all season, and stresses the importance of "staying humble." I do not believe in any conspiracy theory against the Mavericks. Infact I think the NBA would actually want a big market team like Dallas to win the championship, and we have had 70% of the calls go our way.

I believe the only reason we won those 3 games were because Popovich let his guard down and allowed the tempo to stay high. Today, just like game 1, the score was in the 80's, and the Mavericks lost a close one. I actually saw this coming quite some time ago and I'm surprised Pop didn't have his team play this kind of defense throughout the series, since that is San Antonio's bread and butter. The defense is going to be even tighter on their home court and I just do not see the Mavs coming out of this series anymore.

Mark Cuban seems to make a fool of himself everytime he opens his mouth. I do not take him seriously enough to even comment on some of the things he said. All he's managed to do is motivate the Spurs to play better basketball and lose respect in the eyes of serious people.

I love the style that AJ is coaching but let's face it...a 2-point guardlineup? Fast paced games? This has Nellie written all over it and I just don't see the difference. Yes there has been an improvement in defense but you have to remember that we don't have Shawn Bradley anymore. We don't have Raef Lafrentz anymore. We don't have Steve Nash anymore. We don't have Evan Eschmeyer anymore. Those players have been replaced by Dampier, Diop, Howard and Harris. With those kinds of athletes there was no question that the defense was going to get better. It's not really a change in coaching philosophy as much as a change in personnell. As far as I can tell both styles are pretty much identical.

The key to this whole series for me was Josh Howard, since he's the only starter quick enough to play great offense and great defense. On any championship team the starters must be able to play great defense, and instead of 5 defenders I see Josh and maybe Diop.

It will truly be a miracle if the Mavs can somehow find a way to beat the Spurs on their court. I will pray that I get proven wrong. But I find it difficult to stay optimistic at this time. I admire those people here who still believe. But remember that just because I don't think they can beat a particular team doesn't mean I'm not still their fan. Please forgive me, I'm really embarrassed to say these things.

Well said, mouse. :lol

SilverPlayer
05-22-2006, 05:13 PM
I kind of disagree with him. Avery has taught his team to play basketball. They are good and have completely changed the way they attack the rim. I have never seen a team this proficient at attacking the heart of our defense.

The refs have been even except for game 3-4. We got our fair share of calls in 5-6 except for the early foul trouble in game 6. But the refs let them play in the second half so it was fine.

JHoLove
05-22-2006, 05:18 PM
Can we just stop talking about anything mavtalk?

mouse
05-22-2006, 05:59 PM
Can we just stop talking about anything mavtalk?

maybe you rather have......

http://www.calamusbooks.com/newsletters/3/8/GayTalk200.jpg

Shaolin-Style
05-22-2006, 06:06 PM
Wow someone actually put a book out about gay slang? Ha

mouse
05-22-2006, 06:16 PM
Funny thing it looks like what Tpark posted last season. :lmao

By Tpark I'm embarrassed and ashamed to say this but I have lost hope for this series. Maybe this is why I did not come back for so many months is because I felt that the Spurs were a team created and put on this earth only to "tease" me. But with the recent coaching changes and the aquisition of far far superior athletes, this year I had started to believe that we were the best.

Perhaps it is a curse on San Antonio, or perhaps the problem likes with Tony parker himself, since he was the only player (besides Tim Duncan) when the Spurs lost in the conference finals 3 years ago. After watching him throw that shot up off balance tonight, with a hand in his face, with 5 seconds left and with one timeout left, I am convinced that this team can not win a championship, because the problem lies with its mvp. I hope I will be proven wrong on Monday night, but I am tired of being proven right and it takes a toll on my heavy heart and my character.

The number of calls that have gone the Spurs way is ridiculous. The referees have been very one-sided towards the Spurs, and we have absolutely no right to complain about them, and the Mav fans have every right to complain. The video shows clearly Bruce Bowen taking a cheap shot, and I found this very disturbing since Manu is a religious person, who frequently talks about God being with the Spurs all season, and stresses the importance of "staying humble." I do not believe in any conspiracy theory against the Spurs . Infact I think the NBA would actually want a big market team like San Antonio to win the championship, and we have had 70% of the calls go our way.

I believe the only reason we won those 3 games were because AJ let his guard down and allowed the tempo to stay high. Today, just like game 1, the score was in the 80's, and the Spurs lost a close one. I actually saw this coming quite some time ago and I'm surprised AJ didn't have his team play this kind of defense throughout the series, since that isDallas's bread and butter. The defense is going to be even tighter on their home court and I just do not see the Spurs coming out of this series anymore.

Coach Pop seems to make a fool of himself everytime he opens his mouth. I do not take him seriously enough to even comment on some of the things he said. All he's managed to do is motivate the Mavs to play better basketball and lose respect in the eyes of serious people.

I love the style that Pop is coaching but let's face it...a 2-point guardlineup? Fast paced games? This has Bob Hill written all over it and I just don't see the difference. Yes there has been an improvement in defense but you have to remember that we don't have Vinny Del Negro anymore. We don't have Malik Rose anymore. We don't have David Robinson anymore. We don't have Artis Gilmore anymore. Those players have been replaced by Parker, Barry, Manu and Rasho. With those kinds of athletes there was no question that the defense was going to get better. It's not really a change in coaching philosophy as much as a change in personnell. As far as I can tell both styles are pretty much identical.

The key to this whole series for me was Tony Parker, since he's the only starter quick enough to play great offense and great defense. On any championship team the starters must be able to play great defense, and instead of 5 defenders I see Manu and maybe Rasho.

It will truly be a miracle if the Spurs can somehow find a way to beat the Mavs on our court. I will pray that I get proven wrong. But I find it difficult to stay optimistic at this time. I admire those people here who still believe. But remember that just because I don't think they can beat a particular team doesn't mean I'm not still their fan. Please forgive me, I'm really embarrassed to say these things.

ALVAREZ6
05-22-2006, 06:53 PM

At least this guy can admit that the refs have completely bullfucked this series.