PDA

View Full Version : That was the greatest series I have ever seen.

Drbio
05-22-2006, 10:17 PM
First off...I hope the Mavs fans here are respectful and that you don't get a bunch of a-holes coming in to gloat. That was the greatest series I have ever seen. These were two championship quality prize fighters duking it out and noone would back down. Amazing.

I want to thank you guys for a wonderful series and thank you again for the invitation here. This site is great and I will be back.

The Spurs were champions. They played like it, kept their head high and played well. I am obviously excited for my Mavs, but the Spurs have nothing to be ashamed of at all.

The greatest series ever played.

Amazing.

Wow.

Best wishes.

Doc

strangeweather
05-22-2006, 10:21 PM
Now that's how you win with class. Congratulations.

dn0
05-22-2006, 10:21 PM
STFU and get out here.

Slinkyman
05-22-2006, 10:27 PM
Dallas out played SA the whole series and you deserved the win, good luck the rest of the way! sportmanship is more important then winning or lossing glad you're not a sore winner! For us, next season just began and i can't wait! GO SPURS GO

team-work
05-22-2006, 10:28 PM
As an international fan of the Spurs, I'm of proud of this team in making the series a classical one. In the end one team must exit, and this is just life.

Don't be discouraged, San Antonians. Just regroup in the offseason. With the core of team intact, the Spurs are perennial contenders of the championship.

Good luck to the Mavs. (They will probably have another great series with Pistons)

team-work
05-22-2006, 10:28 PM
As an international fan of the Spurs, I'm of proud of this team in making the series a classical one. In the end one team must exit, and this is just life.

Don't be discouraged, San Antonians. Just regroup in the offseason. With the core of the team intact, the Spurs are perennial contenders of the championship.

Good luck to the Mavs. (They will probably have another great series with Pistons)

dallasjetfan
05-22-2006, 10:31 PM
This was the best series I have ever seen!! These are the two best teams in the NBA. Obviously, I am very happy that we won and got over the hump!! I hope we don't have a letdown.

Drbio
05-22-2006, 10:33 PM
Thanks guys. I do think you enter the next season as one of the Championship favorites once again. You have a great team and I am certain you will be in the thick of it again next year.

Son of Mavs Man
05-22-2006, 10:36 PM
It was truly an amazing series, I will look forward to seeing replays of it for years to come on NBATV.

Hats off to the Spurs.

ObiwanGinobili
05-22-2006, 10:37 PM
Now that's how you win with class. Congratulations.

A fuckign men.
1st classy mavs fan who's come in here all series.

Spurs Dynasty
ignore the assholes, mav fans. YOur team came thru. A classic game and series that will be remembered a long time. Now, go finish up the Clippers or Suns, whatever chump team you must beat to get to Detroit, and lets keep the O'brian in Texas.

And, oh, btw, fuck you cuban. I still hate you, you arrogant bastard, but love the team.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
I really didn't think it was that great of a series. Too many whistles, too many FTAS....

Pistons < Spurs
05-22-2006, 10:39 PM
I really didn't think it was that great of a series. Too many whistles, too many FTAS....

Agree. It may have been competitive, but in my mind I'll remember this series for all the bad officiating.

Congrats to the Mavs for the win.

DDS4
05-22-2006, 10:40 PM
How even was this series? OT in game 7? Unbelievable.

Neither team deserved to lose.

SAGambler
05-22-2006, 10:41 PM
It was one hell of a series.

And I'm sure the Spurs will regroup and be back in Championship form again next year.

Looks like Tim is over his foot problems and will have the summer to rest.

I'm excited waiting to see who we will pick up and who will be let go..

See you guys again for another round next year....

:flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

pking
05-22-2006, 10:41 PM
A fuckign men.
1st classy mavs fan who's come in here all series.

I take offense to that :lol

ObiwanGinobili
05-22-2006, 10:44 PM
I take offense to that :lol

:lol you know you've been an ass 80% of the time !

:angel

pking
05-22-2006, 10:50 PM
I was just kiddin' but I really have been nice in all of my visits here :lol I'm what you'd call a realistic fan. Never would I gloat or make predictions/bets against the champs. I have more respect for your team than most of the Mavs fan that visits the board. (I'm happy to see that the original poster seems to have the same feelings toward your team.)

I thought this was an unbelievable series....pretty intense when you can barely focus at work on game days (today was by far the worst) because you feel extremely queesy all day, just thinking about what's to come that night.

I am happy finally take the Spurs but as pretty much everyone has said, this could have gone either way. Two great teams in a heavyweight battle.

sleepybum
05-22-2006, 10:51 PM
I thought the refs ruined the series. They almost made me not want to watch NBA basketball at all, to be honest. I've never heard so many whistles or seen the play so disrupted. I hated pretty much every game of the series and stopped watching several of the games just due to officiating. I don't see how anyone could've enjoyed several of those games regardless of if they were wins or losses for your team.

nothingman66
05-22-2006, 10:52 PM
This was a terrific series. It would have been a lot better had the spurs won, but that's life. I hope this rivalry will only get better and more intense with both teams meeting again in the playoffs for years to come. Congrats Mavs on winning this series....hope you lose the next. ;)

T-Pain
05-22-2006, 10:53 PM
it was a great series. instant classic for espn

dn0
05-22-2006, 11:09 PM
If there's anything I will remember about this series will be bavetta's/javie's whistles disrupting the play. Also how Pop was owned by AJ with small ball.

JHoLove
05-22-2006, 11:12 PM
Great series. I agree no team deserved to lose. This should have been in the West finals. What a great series.

I have so much respect for the Spurs.