PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated Server

Kori Ellis
10-11-2004, 11:50 PM
We are moving the site onto a dedicated server of its own within the next 24 hours or so. There will not be downtime except an hour in the middle of the night on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. But there may be some "weirdness" as you may see odd re-directs in the address bar, etc. while it's propogating.

Anyway, don't really worry about it. But after it's complete, the forum will be at least 10 times faster than this and on it's own server. We decided that it was worth it.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

--Kori and timvp

ducks
10-11-2004, 11:59 PM
you people are the greatest

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-12-2004, 12:12 AM
No problem. The site was actually a little slow earlier today (I guess around 5p).

AlamoSpursFan
10-12-2004, 12:19 AM
What ducks said!

timvp
10-12-2004, 12:21 AM
Yeah, we decided that instead of risking any more annoying slowness ... we'll go ahead and get a top of the line dedicated server. :hat

AlamoSpursFan
10-12-2004, 12:33 AM
Annoying slowness?

Like I told Mrs. ASF Saturday when she complained that there was no BBQ sauce at the Frito Lay company picnic at Sea World...IT'S FREE!!!

:lol

I mean seriously, we got $113 (according to posted admission prices for 2 adults and one child over 6) of free admission, 4 BBQ plates (I went back for seconds) at roughly $8 a plate (according to the prices at the Rio Loco BBQ restaurant) and free parking (which I didn't notice, but I'm going to assume was in the $10 range) and she's whining about BBQ sauce??? The woman would bitch if she was hung with a new rope!

Oops, sorry...end of pointless rant...

Kori Ellis
10-12-2004, 12:39 AM