PDA

View Full Version : Memo to Spain..............

SequSpur
08-26-2004, 10:01 AM
Eat Shit.

:served

CrazyOne
08-26-2004, 10:18 AM
What's the deal with the coach from Spain? I thought Larry Brown was going to get in a fight.

xcoriate
08-26-2004, 10:20 AM
Sequspur stfu do you have anything remotely intelligent to say, ever?

Kevin Kaster
08-26-2004, 10:22 AM
Well said. Eat shit, eat shit and die Spain. Haha!

Whottt
08-26-2004, 10:24 AM
Best post Segu has ever made.

**** Spain, their coach is a classless sorelosing asshole. Larry should have taken his finger, broken it and then stuffed it up his ass.

Accusing Larry Brown of trying to show someone up is just about the stupidest thing anyone has ever done on the basketball court.

timvp
08-26-2004, 10:25 AM
Usually Sequ is full of sh!t, but this time he's right. Spain took the loss like a bunch of pansies. Way to embarrass your players and your country, coach chub.

KoriEllis
08-26-2004, 10:27 AM
Accusing Larry Brown of trying to show someone up is just about the stupidest thing anyone has ever done on the basketball court.

That's what I was thinking.

Pop and Larry would NEVER show someone up. And then after the game, Spain's coach was a classless bitch. Pop was doing everything he could to mediate. But when the guy kept shaking his finger in Larry Brown's face and Larry said, "Get your fucking finger out of my face" then that was it.

Then that other assistant bumped both Pop and Larry. :wtf

I was starting to think the coaching staffs were going to brawl.

P.S. That one guy on the Spanish team hasn't made his way up the evolutionary chart. :shock :shock :shock

P.S.S. Big props to Stephon Marbury.

xcoriate
08-26-2004, 10:27 AM
Didn't take you guys long to forgot your asswoopings did it.

Correct me if i'm wrong but puerto rico has a large spanish contingent, doesn't it?

:served

KoriEllis
08-26-2004, 10:28 AM
Where's Puerto Rico now?

:served :served

Alamo Spurs Fan
08-26-2004, 10:29 AM
You mean asswoopings like the one we just put on Spain?

:lol

**** 'em and feed 'em beans. I hate Pau Gasol.

xcoriate
08-26-2004, 10:29 AM
wtf, they didnt show that on our coverage. btw, before you all get all anti-spanish on me i aint from spain so don't bother.

What happened?

Whottt
08-26-2004, 10:30 AM
So? Full Sport press has a large spanish speaking contingent.

We got our ass kicked in other games..how does that excuse the behavior of the Spanish coach?

Because we lost some games that excuses Spain from being sore losers?

Whottt
08-26-2004, 10:31 AM
It takes an idiot to accuse Larry Brown of trying to show someone up...

The guy has never treated the game with anything but reverence and has been nothing but respectful of the other countries and their coaches.

xcoriate
08-26-2004, 10:32 AM
ummm, read above whott, i'm not spanish i havent even seen that footage. I'm not justifying any of there actions.

Nikos
08-26-2004, 10:32 AM
I wonder what they really were talking about. It didn't look to me the Spanish coach understood Pop or whoever, and basically vice versa.

What could the Spanish coach have said "why timeout?" and pointed his finger a little?

It did show a lack of class and frustration by the Spanish coach, but I don't think the situation was that big of a deal.

Good win for the USA. Looks like they will build some chemistry from this. I say they beat Argentina comfortably.

Whottt
08-26-2004, 10:34 AM
You know...other countries can only piss on us or what ever and we'll usually ignore it as long as possible...

You wanna hate us for whatever stupid reason then go ahead and do so...but don't fucking accuse Larrry Brown of trying to show someone up...

It's fucking stupid, it shows a total ignorance, it's an untruth and that coach needs a foot up his ass.

timvp
08-26-2004, 10:34 AM
http://www.feb.es/basketv/files/image/pti/44/ac14044-1f01.jpg

Here's the coach that wins the pvssy of the year.

baseline bum
08-26-2004, 10:35 AM
pesquera = culera

Vayan al carajo, putos jodidos de España. Pesquera puede darme un beso negro.

Kevin Kaster
08-26-2004, 10:35 AM
Damn it, I knew I shouldn't have turned the game off so soon. Anybody got footage of the ENTIRE incident? Thanks.

LiLMissSPURFECT
08-26-2004, 10:43 AM
team USA should "show off" .........thats all "we're" known for anyway sho why not? If they had won they'd be a freakin parade.....humping on center court......flag waving..... Why are all other teams allowed but not usa? {please don't gimme we have to set the standard]

USA
USA
USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:wacko

Whottt
Xcoriate I know you aren't spanish, you're an Aussie.

But I just don't get the point you are making...with regards to Puerto Rico being spanish speaking...The fact that they speak Spanish has nothing to do with it...neither does that fact that this isn't the best basketball team in USA history.

You do realize that San Antonio is a spanish name and has a huge spanish speaking population...

But what has that got to do with the fact that this coach was being saracastic about a timeout call...a timeout call that was asked for before the game was out of hand...once they realized what happened Brown sent the players back on the court so as not to offend that idiot coach..

and when Pop and Larry Brown, went over to apologize after the game and explain what happened he started poking his finger at Larry Brown right in the middle of the basketball court.

SpursWoman
Didn't take you guys long to forgot your asswoopings did it.

Everyone started over at 0-0.

WGAF what happened last week? As long as they used it to grow as a team and kick a little Spanish ass. That's the best we could have hoped for so far.

xcoriate
08-26-2004, 10:50 AM
I didn't relaise that there had been a incedent between the coaching staff cause they didnt show it on our coverage.

Yes i realise an antonio is a spanish name as do i realise this isnt the best usa ball team, my comments were ill advised as i knew nothing of the timeout debarcle so for that i am sorry.

So anyway, good to see duncan advance to the next stage, now that the aussies are out i hope duncan gets a gold, if not then it better be argentina :)

timvp
08-26-2004, 10:52 AM
With all the flops, bad calls, whining and whistling Euro fans (ever heard of booing? :wtf ) ... I feel like I have to take a shower after watching any of these international games.

What goes on out there isn't really even a sport. It's just a matter of who is going to get the worst calls and who can flop the most.

Jimcs50
08-26-2004, 10:53 AM
Now the only way the USA does not win a medal in basketball is to lose the next two games....I do not see that happening....so suck on that, haters.

TastesLikeChicken
08-26-2004, 10:54 AM
My Tivo cut off Craig talking to Pop at the end

Did Pop say anything of note about the incident?

Shelly
08-26-2004, 10:56 AM
Craig Sager interviewed Pop and asked what happened. In international ball, you have to register a time out with the scoring table. The U.S had done that way before the time out was called. Pop said they put in for the time out to explain something to the players (when the game was close) or something like that. When it was obvious that we were going to win the game, U.S. didn't want to take the time out but the official had already blown the whistle, so they had to take it.

And the rest is history.

Whottt
08-26-2004, 10:57 AM
Yeah, that guy refused to shake Larry Brown's hand after the game.

Larry went over to aplogize and not only did the guy refuse to shake his hand he started yelling in his face and poking his finger at him right in the middle of the basketball court.

This guy is a HOF coach, he is a HOF player, he loves the international game, he loves playing and coaching in the Olympics, he has won at every level, college and pro, he coaches team ball, he alwasy tries to get his guys to play the right way...he is one of the most respected coaches ever...

And when Larry Brown comes over to shake your hand compliment your team and apologize if he offended you...you don't poke your finger and yell at him when you are some jack shit jr team coach that can't take a loss like a man.

I'll say this...not one of the Spanish players came to their coaches aid...Gasol was sitting there watching the whole thing...he knew his coach was acting like an idiot and showing his ass to the entire world.

Jimcs50
08-26-2004, 10:58 AM
My Tivo cut off Craig talking to Pop at the end

Did Pop say anything of note about the incident?

Pop told the Spanish coach that he really enjoyed doing his wife the night before, and that he hoped to see her again soon.

spurster
08-26-2004, 10:59 AM
Ha to Spain. I'm glad to see the US shooters (Marbury and Iverson) wake up for playoffs.

I feel a little bad for them though. They go undefeated in their bracket, and now one loss, and they're playing for seventh place. I would prefer to see some kind of double elimination format for these competitions. The way they do it in the Olympics, it's like a barely meaningful regular season followed by turning on the switch.

Shelly
08-26-2004, 11:00 AM
Oh, Jimbo! How I love thee!

TastesLikeChicken
08-26-2004, 11:02 AM
i see spain's coach already has merchandise available

http://www.streetgangs.com/homies/images/crybaby.jpg

Solid D
08-26-2004, 11:11 AM
This guy is a HOF coach, he is a HOF player, he loves the international game, he loves playing and coaching in the Olympics, he has won at every level, college and pro, he coaches team ball, he alwasy tries to get his guys to play the right way...he is one of the most respected coaches ever...

And when Larry Brown comes over to shake your hand compliment your team and apologize if he offended you...you don't poke your finger and yell at him when you are some jack shit jr team coach that can't take a loss like a man.

I agree with everything you said Whottt except the part about Larry Brown is a HOF player...that is, unless HOF stands for something other than Hall of Fame.

Whottt
08-26-2004, 11:18 AM
LMAO no I was ranting, I meant to say that he was a champion as a player in the ABA and Olympics.

SAmikeyp
08-26-2004, 11:18 AM
All I know is....if the situation was reversed...the whole world would be dropping the "ugly american" card.

You want Spanish xcoriate?

Donde esta Australia's team?

baseline bum
08-26-2004, 11:47 AM
El equipo de Australia está tan jodido como los Lakers.

TastesLikeChicken
08-26-2004, 11:49 AM
sports.espn.go.com/oly/summer04/basketball/news/story?id=1868139 (http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/summer04/basketball/news/story?id=1868139)

"As the teams left the court, Brown and Spanish coach Mario Pesquera were pointing angrily at each other and had to be separated by their assistants."

Leave it to the AP to leave out the part about Larry Brown spending 3 min trying to explain what happened to Pesquera, and skipping to the part where Larry was getting pissed about having Pesquera's finger waving in his face.

Alamo Spurs Fan
08-26-2004, 11:57 AM
My Spanish is a little rusty...does "jodido" mean "sitting at home on their ASSES"?

:lol

smeagol
08-26-2004, 12:03 PM
That Spanish coach was way out of line. I don't care if he was frustrated, specially after Spain ended up 5-0 on the preliminary round, his team gets to play for seventh place because they were beaten by a better team, Team USA.

With all the flops, bad calls, whining and whistling Euro fans

Timvp, how is this different from and NBA game? Please don't sound like a LakerFan.

What goes on out there isn't really even a sport

BS! If its not really a sport, the US should not present a team.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-26-2004, 12:06 PM
Chill out xcoriate.

Who cares about last week vs. PR? As long as we keep winning, that will be a mere footnote in history.

Oh, and to the Spanish coach - go suck an egg you poser.

:moon

Shelly
08-26-2004, 12:29 PM
...coach's comments post-game:

Mario PESQUERA, Head Coach (ESP)

On the game:

"It was an excellent game. Both teams played very well. However, I must stress that we played under NBA and not FIBA rules, with all the traveling not being called. Three-pointers were a key to the outcome. The US team came out good, moved from an 18% to a 55% accuracy. I am very happy with my team, but not with the result. We need to be honest about this - the US team was playing at 40% capacity for two games."

On the competition system:

"We came in with a 5-0 record and we have ended up playing for seventh place. This is very bad and has to be changed."

On the public cheering his team:

"They did not cheer for the weakest, but for the strongest team, and that was us. It's time we told the truth."

On Larry BROWN's timeout:

"I had a lot of respect for coach BROWN, but when you do something wrong, you can't always say `I'm sorry'. If he asked for a timeout wrongly, he could send the team back again and not spend 20 seconds to give them instructions. I continue to respect him are a coach, but for me, a coach that is up there with (Dean) SMITH would never have done something like that."

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-26-2004, 12:38 PM
If a guy's a great coach, he's gonna take advantage of any time to COACH his team, which is what Larry did.

Piss off you sore loser.

Whottt
08-26-2004, 12:40 PM
I don't really disagree with anything that coach said other than his dissing of Brown...any idiot could see Brown wasn't trying to offend him.

Oh...and I don't really disagree that he had the stronger team if only becuase they know the rules and each other better...

...but then that doesn't say much about his coaching ability then does it...

He's no Larry brown...I'm sure Larry Brown could give 2 fucks if this POS coach respects him...

exstatic
08-26-2004, 12:40 PM
"They did not cheer for the weakest, but for the strongest team, and that was us. It's time we told the truth."
:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin
X 1 billion

Dude, no reason at ALL to insert the other foot. Just stop. You look like 10 X a fool already. STFU before Larry DOES go do your wife.

Solid D
08-26-2004, 12:41 PM
After hearing of the men's USA Basketball team's defeat of Spain today, Misty May and Kerri Walsh again showed some pent-up emotion.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040824/capt.olyvbb11808241914.greece_olympics_beach_volle yball_olyvbb118.jpg

IcemanCometh
08-26-2004, 12:44 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040826/capt.olybko11008261402.greece_olympics_basketball_ olybko110.jpg

smeagol
08-26-2004, 12:48 PM
On the public cheering his team:

WTF? This guy is so full of himself.

Team US is going to be the strongest team, no matter who they play, no matter what their past record is.

The world has certeanly cought up with the US, but lets not exagerate. If Team USA brings their A game, they cannot be beaten. Even this team, which has some of the best NBA players missing.

E20
08-26-2004, 01:02 PM
****, I knew I should have woke up to watch this.

SAmikeyp
08-26-2004, 01:30 PM
"It was an excellent game. Both teams played very well. However, I must stress that we played under NBA and not FIBA rules, with all the traveling not being called. Three-pointers were a key to the outcome. The US team came out good, moved from an 18% to a 55% accuracy. I am very happy with my team, but not with the result. We need to be honest about this - the US team was playing at 40% capacity for two games."

Jeez..what a llorona (hope I spelled that right.) You are right coach...a lot of traveling was not called...if it was your team would have been screwed! So what did Larry Brown do wrong? He called a timeout using the rules to do so set up by FIBA. He had a timeout to call so he can call one. Its a bitch when someone uses YOUR rules to their advantage, isn't it. Pack up your paella eating, anti-american bitch ass, your wounded pride and your punked team, pick up your commerative "I took it "Greek" in Athens" t-shirt on your way out the door and go the **** home.

spurster
08-26-2004, 01:55 PM
All the smack here is funny. It shows just how seriously we took this game.

I do agree with this.
"We came in with a 5-0 record and we have ended up playing for seventh place. This is very bad and has to be changed." The format for determining a winner is a joke.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-26-2004, 02:05 PM
Not to sound cruel, but everyone was playing by the same rules.

Do a little better coaching job, like say maybe thinking about trapping the guy who dropped 31 on your ass next time, and maybe you won't be going home so early.

209Goodfella
08-26-2004, 02:11 PM
Go Argentina vs. Greece!
I wanna see Spur vs. Spur.
:gun

T Park Num 9
08-26-2004, 02:22 PM
I see Larry is a good coach again.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-26-2004, 02:32 PM
Larry still plays Jefferson too much, Lebron and 'Melo not enough, but he's better than this Spanish prick.

Let's be honest, without Stephon going nuclear on them we would have lost today.

T Park Num 9
08-26-2004, 02:36 PM
without Arroyo Puerto Rico wouldnt have beaten the US.

Without Jaskivecus Lithuania wouldn't have beaten the US.

You could say that for alot of teams.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-26-2004, 03:01 PM
So like I said, because Marbury went off doesn't mean Brown's suddenly an Olympic genius.

exstatic
08-26-2004, 03:47 PM
Pack up your paella eating, anti-american bitch ass, your wounded pride and your punked team, pick up your commerative "I took it "Greek" in Athens" t-shirt on your way out the door and go the **** home.
:lol :rollin :lol :rollin

Solid D
08-26-2004, 03:49 PM
Larry was pleased with Marbury. He "shot the right way"....

.........the ball went through the net.

Medvedenko
08-26-2004, 03:54 PM
Larry Brown can eat a dick....that's all I have to say...
What would happen if Phil Jackson coached this game...the spanish coach would have tried to stick the zen up Phil's ass...

SAmikeyp
08-26-2004, 03:58 PM
The one time I would have backed Big Chief Triangle.

T Park Num 9
08-26-2004, 04:00 PM
Big Chief is too busy building an LSD room add on to his mansion in Montana.

Tommy Duncan
08-26-2004, 04:07 PM
You know things are bad when Gregg Popovich is holding back an irate head coach.

SequSpur
08-26-2004, 07:59 PM
LMAO.

Exactly. I was waiting for Pop to go off as well. ****, they could have tagged teamed his ass.

BTW, who in the f is xcoriate? Dude, don't make me come down on you.

Who do we play next? Argentina?

Good, Argentina can eat shit as well.

Memo to Fizz, Rick, etc. etc.:

Blow Me.

:moon

Rick Von Braun
08-26-2004, 09:37 PM
The Spanish coach was classless.

Did he go to the press conference?

What did he say?

What a lozzzzzzzer!!

KoriEllis
08-26-2004, 09:42 PM
“I had — and I stress the word ’had’ — a lot of respect for Larry Brown,” said Pesquera, who smirked and shook his head when he heard Brown explain that he tried to rescind the timeout. “Dean Smith would have never done anything like that.”

www.woai.com/spurs/story....0C3747AAA8 (http://www.woai.com/spurs/story.aspx?content_id=32652B72-4704-4164-A797-750C3747AAA8)

Pooh
08-26-2004, 09:50 PM
Go Manu Tomorrow.