PDA

View Full Version : A Letter To All Of You Classy Spurs Fans!

BigShotBillups
05-22-2006, 10:46 PM
Well...your team fought hard tonight. They came back from being down by 20 and fell just a bit short. But you guys had a great season. I really wish the Spurs could have pulled it out, especially because I can't stand Dallas. But I was really looking forward to the rematch of our two teams. If Detroit does make it to the finals, and we get to play Dallas, hopefully we can get some revenge for you. I really respect the S.A. Spurs as a great team! But I also respect their fans even more now! I am glad that both of our teams were in the same boat facing elimination, that common bond allowed me and the rest of my fellow Piston brothers and sisters from Pistons.com to meet some really classy people!

The Spurs are a great team and I am positive that they will be back next year! Keep your heads up guys and gals, your team did you proud, even though they fell a bit short. Although I am representing my Pistons, in the event that it is a Piston/Dallas finals, I for one will also think of Detroit as representing the Spurs! Our two teams are so similar in the way that they play and the rivalry that we share, it would only be right. So stand tall and know that your time will come again! :flag:

ObiwanGinobili
05-22-2006, 10:51 PM
Thanks BSB,

Alot of the Spurs fans here (including myself) claim DET as our 2nd fav team. I'll be pullign for DET in the finals. ( I know you'll get there).

DET/Sa is a great rivalry. It's about mutual respect, we keep things friendly and classy.

I'm sad there won;t be a DET/SA Finals re-match, but MAvs won it fair and square. We fouled out 3 of thier guys and they still took the W. WTG on them.

You're more than welcome to saty around here BSB - we always have room for Pistons fans..
.. and belive it or not - the off seaosn is our busiest time at SpursTalk!

rayray2k8
05-22-2006, 10:52 PM
We know man.
Thanks.
Life DOES go on after all. :lol
This is a scratch compared to fishers .4 shot :lol
but the pistons put a smile back on my face when they played against Detriot.
Maybe ya'll can do it again! ;)
I know you guys wanted to play the spurs again, and im sorry that we cant give you that honor.
I saw that only the spurs and pistons were worthy of winning the title.
Please dont prove me wrong.

clooneyschick04
05-22-2006, 10:54 PM
Thanks for your kind words BSB! Make us proud!

NZHayden
05-22-2006, 11:08 PM
thanks mate

BigShotBillups
05-22-2006, 11:09 PM
Bump!

Joepa
05-22-2006, 11:12 PM
Dude you are awesome. Thank you for being the very antithesis of what every Mav fan that I have ever met is. You guys show class and respect and we appreciate that.

GO PISTONS!!

Doc Jerome
05-22-2006, 11:13 PM
Thanks, now I've gotta go and lick my wounds.

RashoFan
05-22-2006, 11:15 PM
Thank BSB...I had posted a Good Luck Thread over at Pistons.com....I'll be rooting for DEEEEEEETROIT BASKETBALL in the Finals. Like Obi said...stick around we love to have ya around. Take Care....

Shank
05-22-2006, 11:17 PM
Are ALL of the Spurs fans selling out already?

Solid D
05-22-2006, 11:18 PM
Thanks BigShotBillups

judaspriestess
05-22-2006, 11:19 PM
Oh my god, now this brings a tear to my eye!!

Thanks so much! I like you have much respect for the Pistons. I think Dallas is now the most hated team in the NBA. I know of about 2 people (tourist no less) who are mavpricks fans. They have NO appeal outside of dallas.

Go Pistons Go

RashoFan
05-22-2006, 11:26 PM
NO
We respect Detroit and their CLASSY FANS....:fro

rocker099
05-22-2006, 11:28 PM
win or loose, i have to admit it was one of the best games i have seen in awhile

dav4463
05-22-2006, 11:30 PM
I'm not half as depressed as I thought I would be because the Mavericks played such a great game tonight! I still cannot stand the gloating, smug, Mark Cuban, so all I can say now is GO PISTONS GO !!!!!

Spurs Dynasty
05-22-2006, 11:30 PM
Mavs fans have redeemed themselves in here as far as I am concerned. It took a while, but i think we have all seen a parade of decent mav fans after the game. Why they took so long to show up, I i dont know. Some i still want to strangle, but assholes are everywhere.

I like Detroit as a team and love the Mavs as a team. I just hate that prick owner Cuban and what he does to cause stife. I want to see Dallas & Detroit in the finals, but I must root for our Texas bretheren.

However, the Piston fans have shown themselves to be a classy bunch and it is hard to root against them. Best of luck till the finals both of you. SHould be a great series.

veronicamae
05-22-2006, 11:41 PM
Damn, I really thought we had it won before that foul on Dirk - DAMN!!! But I guess now all we can do is wait until next season.

And you can bet your ass I'm cheering for the Pistons now!!

Pistons < Spurs
05-22-2006, 11:42 PM
GOD DAMMIT. I still can't believe it's over. I honestly didn't prepare myself for this moment. When it was 3-1 I thought there was a chance that it could end. I was ready for it. But instead the Spurs rally hard, and show the Heart of a Champion while bringing it back home tied at 3-3. I expected a win tonight. I saw no other possibility. I'm devestated.

In this last year since the Finals ended the Spurs and all of the Spur fans here have grown on me. Somewhere along the line I became a Spurs fan. Don't get me wrong, it's still Pistons first! But I've gone from having tons of respect for the orginization, to becoming a true FAN that constantly roots for this team.

For all of you here that I've watched and read root for the Spurs all year, all I can say is that I'm extremely sorry that it ended this way. I've befriended many of you in my stay here, and I share your pain. I'm not sure if I feel worse that the Spurs lost, or that all of you are hurting because they lost. There's many of you here that I actually like/respect/apreciate and care for. I feel for all of you.

Congrats on a great year. Some amazing accomplishments were made despite dealing with injuries all year long.

Hopefully the Pistons can get a little revenge for you if we are fortunate enough to make it to the Finals and do face the Mavs.

No shame. Get ready for next year, because I will be once again looking for a Piston / Spurs Finals.

jamezyjamez
05-22-2006, 11:44 PM
KEEP THE TITLE IN TEJAS! It makes sense you would love the Pistons since you whipped their ass last year! Now let's hope my Mavs do the same. We want to win this one for Findog....what a class player and what a great performance from him this series. The only Spur who showed up after the big 3. Great series, Spurs and we'll see you next season in the conference finals!

LakerHater0823
05-22-2006, 11:49 PM
Hey BSB thanks for the kind words. This is why the only true rivalry will be between the Pistons and Spurs. We have class and we know how to win and lose with class. I will never give the mavs as much respect as I give Detroit. You guys understand what basketball is all about and what dignity is all about. GO PISTONS!!!!

LakerHater0823
05-22-2006, 11:53 PM
KEEP THE TITLE IN TEJAS! It makes sense you would love the Pistons since you whipped their ass last year! Now let's hope my Mavs do the same. We want to win this one for Findog....what a class player and what a great performance from him this series. The only Spur who showed up after the big 3. Great series, Spurs and we'll see you next season in the conference finals!

WHAT!!?! Your fans booed him and publicly humiliated him! Your owner called for every fan to boo him and you want us to cheer for you guys!! Fuck that!!! Had fat-fuck cuban kept his mouth shut I would give you guys respect but now I will only acknowledge you guys as the mavpricks!

THE SIXTH MAN
05-22-2006, 11:59 PM
DEEEEETROOOOOIIIITTTT BAAAASKEEEETBAALLLL!!!!!!!! Thanks bsb, I was really looking foward to a rematch this year. They say to be a champion you have to beat the champion. That fag cuban doesnt deserve to win shit. FUCK SMALL BALL!!!!

intlspurshk
05-23-2006, 12:06 AM
Thanks Piston fans but please make sure your team is ready to beat fucking Mav. They are an excellent offensive team with high confidence and clutch. I would love to see them lose and never get a championship in the Cuban era.

makedamnsure
05-23-2006, 12:06 AM
Thanks for being a classy fan. We need more people like you around.

Good luck Detroit. I, for one, will be supporting you guys as well. I also gained a lot of respect for the Pistons last time we played and besides I could never cheer for the Mavs, no matter what.

Mavs<Spurs
05-23-2006, 12:07 AM
Thanks for the encouragement and the kind words!!!

I and I think most Spurs fans here will be rooting extremely hard for the Pistons who are the cream of the crop in the NBA this year.

I admire the way that you all have treated us and shown real class!!!

Take some revenge on Dallas for us.

We know that they can't beat you all.

Deeeeetroit basketball!!!!

Go Pistons!!!

Rasheed, Ben and Teyshaun can all guard Dirk. No mismatch there.

You all have such a versatile team. It's why you all are the best team in the NBA!!!

Like Charles Barkley would say, "Dallas can't beat Detroit!!! Detroit is the best team in the NBA!!!"

Mavs<Spurs
05-23-2006, 12:08 AM
GOD DAMMIT. I still can't believe it's over. I honestly didn't prepare myself for this moment. When it was 3-1 I thought there was a chance that it could end. I was ready for it. But instead the Spurs rally hard, and show the Heart of a Champion while bringing it back home tied at 3-3. I expected a win tonight. I saw no other possibility. I'm devestated.

In this last year since the Finals ended the Spurs and all of the Spur fans here have grown on me. Somewhere along the line I became a Spurs fan. Don't get me wrong, it's still Pistons first! But I've gone from having tons of respect for the orginization, to becoming a true FAN that constantly roots for this team.

For all of you here that I've watched and read root for the Spurs all year, all I can say is that I'm extremely sorry that it ended this way. I've befriended many of you in my stay here, and I share your pain. I'm not sure if I feel worse that the Spurs lost, or that all of you are hurting because they lost. There's many of you here that I actually like/respect/apreciate and care for. I feel for all of you.

Congrats on a great year. Some amazing accomplishments were made despite dealing with injuries all year long.

Hopefully the Pistons can get a little revenge for you if we are fortunate enough to make it to the Finals and do face the Mavs.

No shame. Get ready for next year, because I will be once again looking for a Piston / Spurs Finals.

You must be one of the nicest people on the planet!!!

Pistons fans like you made become a Pistons fan because of the class you have shown and the encouragement you have offered!!!

I really appreciate you and your posts!!!

Go Pistons !!! Dominate!!!

x0xbillupsx0x
05-23-2006, 12:19 AM
dont confuse spurs fans with mavs fans they stick by their team win or lose!
and btw this is a pistons msg to spurs fans!
why are you even here to?to gloat only?
shouldn't you be in the
"i'm mark cuban i cry about fouls and get my way forum?"
BTW congrats classy spurs fans.much >3

Lp26
05-23-2006, 12:20 AM
I've never posted here, but i had to after this game. It was insane. If those were the Pistons playing, i probably would've dropped dead of a heart attack at some point during the end of the 4th quarter. The best playoff game this year by far, and you guy's have nothing to feel bad about. Your team played awesome. They left it all on the floor. I was rooting for them, and hoping they could pull it out. You guys are great fans, just a classy group of people. I wish we could've had that rematch this year. :depressed

austinfan
05-23-2006, 12:25 AM
Thanks for the kind words, Pistons fans. I do feel sorry for you in one respect, though: in two weeks' time you're going to experience the onslaught of the Mavs trolls on your forums, and the trashing of your city by Mark Cuban. Hopefully it'll just add that extra little bit of motivation you need to grab the Championship.

CarntFaze
05-23-2006, 12:30 AM
Theres still Spurs v2 to cheer for at least.. go piss(t) on the mavs!

Pistons_In_7
05-23-2006, 12:47 AM
Pistons < Spurs i think you need to change your screen name by proxy.

BigShotBillups
05-23-2006, 05:07 AM
Yes, I must admit that the Mavs seem like they are really tough this year. I think that the Pistons do match-up well against them though. It should be a good series if we play them in the finals.

kalikot_boy_kr
05-23-2006, 06:55 AM
thanks buddy.....

spur219
05-23-2006, 08:17 AM
Thanks alot. My boys did fall short but all Im gonna say now is.

Go Get It Pistons!!

ObiwanGinobili
05-23-2006, 08:23 AM
Pistons < Spurs i think you need to change your screen name by proxy.

He's changing it once DET beats SA in a Finals re-match.

:lol I'm starting to think he needs to put that in his sig.

chinaorange
05-23-2006, 08:39 AM
thanks,tha's sweat

Hassdabballman
05-23-2006, 01:59 PM
Well...your team fought hard tonight. They came back from being down by 20 and fell just a bit short. But you guys had a great season. I really wish the Spurs could have pulled it out, especially because I can't stand Dallas. But I was really looking forward to the rematch of our two teams. If Detroit does make it to the finals, and we get to play Dallas, hopefully we can get some revenge for you. I really respect the S.A. Spurs as a great team! But I also respect their fans even more now! I am glad that both of our teams were in the same boat facing elimination, that common bond allowed me and the rest of my fellow Piston brothers and sisters from Pistons.com to meet some really classy people!

The Spurs are a great team and I am positive that they will be back next year! Keep your heads up guys and gals, your team did you proud, even though they fell a bit short. Although I am representing my Pistons, in the event that it is a Piston/Dallas finals, I for one will also think of Detroit as representing the Spurs! Our two teams are so similar in the way that they play and the rivalry that we share, it would only be right. So stand tall and know that your time will come again! :flag:

you pretty much said it all, i was gonna post almost the same thing. Alot of respect for spurs and their fans.

Mavs<Spurs
05-23-2006, 04:02 PM
Like you said BigshotBillups, we still and I certainly still love my Spurs and still see them as the 3 time winners they are.

You all have made me big time Pistons supporter as well.
I will cheer for the Pistons no matter who they play.

Certainly, I will also root for whoever plays the Mavs.

Go Pistons!!!

Pistons in 4 over the Mavs (matchups!).