PDA

View Full Version : Question about Bruce's contract...

greens
05-22-2006, 11:24 PM
I read that Bruce is contracted next year (2006-2007) for sure. But that the year after that, it's optional for the team. I don't understand why they did not sign him for a longer contract. Brucie is one of my favorites. He won't be in danger of being traded, will he? Cuz I want him to win another championship with the Spurs...How do contracts work? I mean do we know for sure that Bruce will get another contract?

I don't think the Spurs would ever intentionally trade him...

RON ARTEST
05-22-2006, 11:39 PM
i dont know anything about his contract but if the spurs trade him they are complete idiots.

Tek_XX
05-22-2006, 11:41 PM
he's getting old, time to start looking around

Nikos
05-22-2006, 11:43 PM
Bowen was useless this series. I don't care how good he was on D this year and how he sets the tone for the Spurs defense all year. He really wasn't doing anything positive this series. Bowen couldn't set the tone at all this series, and hes not the type to disrupt a defense with steals and deflections. So with him being on Dirk, he was pretty much useless this series.

END OF RANT.

greens
05-22-2006, 11:44 PM
He might not be in his twenties BUT he was the lead vote getter for the NBA All Defensive Team...so he is the best defender that we have...I think age should not truly factor in...

Michael Finley was guarding Dirk almost the whole series. The only times Bowen was put on Dirk were in the last minute...when it really counted...

And how can you say he did nothing? Did you SEE Game 5? If it weren't for Bowen's BLOCK on Dirk in those last seconds, we would not have Game 6 or Game 7...He SAVED us, and you're saying he was useless...The ONLY time POP was smart enough to have Bowen guard Dirk is when everything was on the line and Bowen did more than just deliever...That block was textbook perfect, his hand right on the ball...Bowen was able to jump as HIGH as the 7ft tall Dirk...So how could he be getting old or how could you possibly label him as not being athletic enough??? And did you see his TWO three point shots in Game 7? The only time he was able to shoot and was given the possiblity of shooting, he delievered...All those times when he was scoreless, he hadn't taken a shot because it was not available to him...not because he could not shoot or score...Some people have forgotten that he used to be a three point champion...

greens
05-23-2006, 12:06 AM
Sorry, Nikos, but I don't agree with you...Bowen is NEVER useless...

coachmac87
05-23-2006, 12:09 AM
ya he has about 1 or 2 yrs left with this team....they need anothr offensive threat..the nba is slowly changing into a all out scoring league...but that sf that replaces him will need to be a decent defender or manu will be or primary which also supports they need more offense eveuntually...parker is key..needs to work on shooting off the dribble...and expand his range...he accomplished his in the paint scoring this year...its time to expand the offense..defense will always be there with any 7fter with tim and manu on the premiter