PDA

View Full Version : I'm convinced the Mavs will win it all. Who's agree with me?!?

spurs_666
05-22-2006, 11:30 PM
I BELIEVE!! :elephant

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927

SenorSpur
Detroit will kick their ASS and I'm gonna love it!

pking

I believe you're getting too far ahead of yourself.

Spurologist
05-22-2006, 11:31 PM
I hope Cuban gets gang raped by Gorillas so his ass can't watch the rest of the playoffs.

When that happens, I will support the mavs

GoSpurs90899
05-22-2006, 11:31 PM
They probably will at this point :(. All the others teams look pretty horrible. Sorry detroit, beating a one man team in 7 games doesnt impress me. Phoenix is the best hope because they can light it up if they're hitting their 3's.

ducks
05-22-2006, 11:32 PM
you will be lucky to beat either the suns or clippers

your team is on a high
they will be FLAT in game one

JHoLove
I hope Cuban gets gang raped by Gorillas so his ass can't watch the rest of the playoffs.

:lol

+1

:rollin

Cant_Be_Faded
05-22-2006, 11:33 PM
detroit is going to make dirk look like the jump shooting german peice of shit that he is, and I will laugh the entire time.

Leetonidas
I think that Phoenix could take Dallas out. They don't play good defense, but they're a lot faster than Dallas and would score more.

makedamnsure
lol at Spurologist.....but I would like the Mavs a lot more if Cuban wasn't their owner

But seriously, you're getting too ahead of yourself. You're forgetting there's a certain team in the eastern conference named the Pistons. Maybe you've heard of them, last time I checked they made the Finals twice in a row.

That's how many more times than the Mavs? Yeah that's what I thought.

Leetonidas
05-22-2006, 11:34 PM
Rasheed guarding Dirk? Or will it be Ben? Either one is going to own him. Terry would get owned by Billups, and Rip will dismantle them. I'm going for our Eastern counterpart.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
Mavs do have what it takes...and you Mavs fan deserve to feel good for the next 24 hours... Enjoy this win guys.

Again, it's anybody's series with 4 teams left...There's been a lot of Heart in this POSTSEASON...and I hope it continues.

spurs_666
hahaha, don't be hating .... the spurs ain't bad at all. Mavs are just slightly better than the Spurs.

aexchange
05-22-2006, 11:35 PM
man, why the hell do i have such idiots for fans of my favorite team?

Nikos
05-22-2006, 11:36 PM
I am not convinced Dallas will win it all.

spurs_666
05-22-2006, 11:37 PM
The Suns must be freaking tired for going 7 games with Lakers and Clippers (if Suns win tonite).

Team in the east are weak teams, ya know it's true.

picnroll
Not me

makedamnsure

I have no clue....not much class. Except for maybe you.

spurs=bling
Rasheed guarding Dirk? Or will it be Ben? Either one is going to own him. Terry would get owned by Billups, and Rip will dismantle them. I'm going for our Eastern counterpart.
hell yeah. lets go pistons lets go!!!! :fro

05-22-2006, 11:38 PM
The Suns must be freaking tired for going 7 games with Lakers and Clippers (if Suns win tonite).

Miami or Detroit can beat any of the 3 teams left in the WC in a 7 game series...

Pistonsfan01
05-22-2006, 11:38 PM
Had the spurs not been so flat at the start and had the Mavs not been so hot,SA wouldve crushed them.Dallas cant shut anyone down with their defense and if they dont shoot well they lose games every single time.Where as my pistons cant shoot like garbage and still tough out games and that is why Mavs fans, we would beat you

Despot
05-22-2006, 11:39 PM
To me, the NBA season ends when the Spurs season ends, I won't watch another game. But, I still hope Detroit wins it, that way the top three elite teams of this era stays, Lakers, Spurs, Pistons. Don't need any other teams clouding history.

coachmac87
det matches soooo much better with the mavs than the spurs doo

u have wallace in the middle/ rasheed on dirk/ tayshaun on terry/ rip on harris/ and billups on howard. mavs cant stop det..while det has a better chance of stopping the mavs...det wont play small ball like the spurs did cause pop is an idiot and i shouldve b een the damn coach

dieman8686
you will be lucky to beat either the suns or clippers

your team is on a high
they will be FLAT in game one
Yeah thats what I'm afriad off like I said in another thread...
To tell you the truth, I'm more afraid of the Suns that the Pistons because of their style of play. Plus, this great victory over the Spurs might make them sluggish for the next series since fans and players were more hyped for the Spurs, thats another reason the seeding will attack us once more. But like I sad again, the Pistons haven't showed what they could do against us, even the game they won against us. Plus you guys haven't been doing so good on teams you guys SHOULD SWEEP. So I don't know wtf some of these guys saying we will get sweeped by Pistons....

Budkin
05-22-2006, 11:40 PM
Mavs will crush the Suns or the Clippers but I don't think they have what it takes to beat the Pistons, especially if they regain their regular season form.

Bob Lanier
05-22-2006, 11:41 PM

:lmao

DDS4
05-22-2006, 11:42 PM
Pistons have the personnel to topple the Mavs.

coachmac87
05-22-2006, 11:42 PM
all im saying is dallas wont have easy baskets agians det like they did against the spurs cause they wont have to the open lane with rasheed and big ben in the middle or even cat or mcdyess

dn0
05-22-2006, 11:43 PM
Mavs run ends in detroit. The only team that could take the pistons is fishing now.

GoSpurs90899
05-22-2006, 11:44 PM
Pistons have a worse bench than ours. The best hope is phoenix. The east is weak, deep down you know it even if you dont admit it.

SPARKY
05-22-2006, 11:44 PM
I wouldn't write off the Suns just yet.

etex211
05-22-2006, 11:45 PM
In their first regular season meeting, the Mavs beat the Pistons by 37.

In their second meeting, the Mavs lost by 7. Howard, Harris, and Griffin didn't play.

spurs_666
05-22-2006, 11:46 PM
Mavs will crush the Suns or the Clippers but I don't think they have what it takes to beat the Pistons, especially if they regain their regular season form.

Mavs beat the Pistons badly in the first Mavs-Piston game this year
Mavs - Detroit 119 - 82

Mavs lost 97 - 90 in the next game.

I think Mavs have what it takes to beat the Pistons.

05-22-2006, 11:46 PM
In their first regular season meeting, the Mavs beat the Pistons by 37.

In their second meeting, the Mavs lost by 7. Howard, Harris, and Griffin didn't play.

That means nothing. Try again...

05-22-2006, 11:47 PM
Mavs - Detroit 119 - 82

Weren't you just saying you didn't care what the Pistons did during the regular season? Nice strawman...

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-22-2006, 11:47 PM
det matches soooo much better with the mavs than the spurs doo

u have wallace in the middle/ rasheed on dirk/ tayshaun on terry/ rip on harris/ and billups on howard. mavs cant stop det..while det has a better chance of stopping the mavs...det wont play small ball like the spurs did cause pop is an idiot and i shouldve b een the damn coach
I'm a Spurs fan first, but I'm still a basketball fan...Spurs losing shouldn't damper this Postseason..Spurs-Mavs was the BEST matchup so far...I'm hoping, if Mavs and Pistons Meet. Pistons can make us feel better. Just like they did when they killed the LAKERS BWAHAHAHA...Good times.

Like I said to my sis in 04'...Well if anything as good as seeing your favorite team win the Championship. I guess it's seeing the team you HATE make it to the finals only to get Swept out!

....Except I don't hate the Mavs. But I think Cuban compensates for that.

Pistonsfan01
05-22-2006, 11:49 PM
Mavs - Detroit 119 - 82

Pistons are a differant monster come playoff time,and now that the Cavs have knocked us outta our sleep we are gonna be raging.Realize Mavs fans that our defense can shut you down while yours cant

etex211
That means nothing. Try again...

You're right, the regular season games don't mean a thing......and everything that you are saying in this thread doesn't mean a thing, either.

Until the Pistons beat the Heat and the Mavericks beat the Suns or Clippers, the entire conversation is a waste of time.

This much I know: If the Pistons don't start playing better than they have lately, then the Heat will take them out pretty quick.

GoSpurs90899
The pistons to me are 80% intimidation. Only they have bought into their own psychological game and now they're primed for a letdown. Heck right now my money would be on the heat.

I think the pistons of this year would beat the mavericks of the last few years, but this years mavericks have a certain intestinal fortitude that matches them well against the pistons. Pistons = spurs with less offense and no bench.

SPARKY
Mavs dropped their last two to the Suns in the regular season. They're used to playing with 4 (shit, 5) guard lineups. I wouldn't look to the Finals yet.

braeden0613
GO PISTONS!! meet your new biggest fan

GoSpurs90899
05-22-2006, 11:50 PM
Pistons are a differant monster come playoff time,and now that the Cavs have knocked us outta our sleep we are gonna be raging.Realize Mavs fans that our defense can shut you down while yours cant

Mavs defense > cavs defense and the cavs defense shut yall DOWN

spurs_666
05-22-2006, 11:51 PM

The Mavs are a different monster too, we killed the champion, believe that!! :drunk

05-22-2006, 11:51 PM
You're right, the regular season games don't mean a thing......and everything that you are saying in this thread doesn't mean a thing, either.

Until the Pistons beat the Heat and the Mavericks beat the Suns or Clippers, the entire conversation is a waste of time.

This much I know: If the Pistons don't start playing better than they have lately, then the Heat will take them out pretty quick.

Exactly, but I'm not the one dropping stats from the 9th game of the season...

jamezyjamez
05-22-2006, 11:52 PM
Suns or Mavs will beat the Pistons. Let's be honest, Spurs or Mavs would have 70 wins in the East every year.

G-Money
05-22-2006, 11:53 PM

That is so true. 100% agreed.

etex211
05-22-2006, 11:53 PM
Exactly, but I'm not the one dropping stats from the 9th game of the season...

And I'm not the one living off what my team did two years ago.

spurs_in_7
05-22-2006, 11:54 PM
pistons are overrated

jamezyjamez
05-22-2006, 11:55 PM
That is so true. 100% agreed.

And you almost lost to LBJ (with some referee assistance) and......WHO? Shit, the second best player was at his brother's funeral most of the series (prayers be with Larry). I like the Pistons, but I must agree with the poster who said the Pistons are the Spurs with a worse bench and worse offense. I am not sure they get past the Heat.

T-Pain
05-22-2006, 11:57 PM
If they face the Pistons, Mavs are goin down

dieman8686
05-22-2006, 11:58 PM
Mavs run ends in detroit. The only team that could take the pistons is fishing now.
Sorry didn't the SAS get owned twice by the Pistons? AND I'm sure they would have gotten owned by the Pistons in the Finals if SPurs won tonight. Plus it would have been another boring Finals. Funny seeing all these SAS jumping on bandwagons instead of gloated for having such a great series that was grinded out to the end! You guys should be rooting for the TEXAS team now :blah :spin. Now everyone wants to see the Mavs drop hard because they finished out the Spurs from gaining another gay boring honey moon with the Pistons, yawn :wakeup (ranting now, the beers I took are getting to me now :drunk )

05-22-2006, 11:58 PM

Wrong guy, but even what they did last year was more than the Mavs have ever done. Batter up...

Spurs Dynasty
05-23-2006, 12:02 AM
Dallas and Detroit make it to the finals , i think the series goes 7 games. Last game is a coin flip like this SA-Dallas game. Both are excellent teams.

Leetonidas
05-23-2006, 12:03 AM

Probably because they got knocked out of the first round two years ago?

G-Money
05-23-2006, 12:07 AM
And you almost lost to LBJ (with some referee assistance) and......WHO? Shit, the second best player was at his brother's funeral most of the series (prayers be with Larry). I like the Pistons, but I must agree with the poster who said the Pistons are the Spurs with a worse bench and worse offense. I am not sure they get past the Heat.

lol you have to bring up the cav seris? Dude I admit the Pistons werent them self. Sorry but if you think that was the true Pistons in that cavs seris then you are all crazy of think that. Also that being said the Pistons werent being themself but the Cavs were trying harder then their hardest to win.

by the way we whooped Heats ass this season 3-1, and we will beat them this seris. With homecourt over everyone I dont see us losing so easy.

windboy226
05-23-2006, 01:22 AM

agreed...such blatant trolling is really annoying no matter who you root for..

Trainwreck2100
05-23-2006, 01:23 AM
Wrong guy, but even what they did last year was more than the Mavs have ever done. Batter up...

Actually you should get used to that remark, all they got is "that's the past it don't count now" blah blah

Shank
05-23-2006, 01:26 AM
http://www.balancedlivingmag.com/images/2005/Jan-Feb%2005/Don't_Sell_Out.jpg

AMOS7
05-23-2006, 01:28 AM
4 game sweep for the Pistons, maybe in 5. And I'm gonna love every minute.

x0xbillupsx0x
05-23-2006, 01:46 AM

considering detroit did better against the west this yr then mavs did against the east you have no proof putting that in the mix with detroit and the east!

RealEstateDude
05-23-2006, 01:46 AM
They probably will at this point :(. All the others teams look pretty horrible. Sorry detroit, beating a one man team in 7 games doesnt impress me. Phoenix is the best hope because they can light it up if they're hitting their 3's.

Ditto, but I don't think the Suns can beat em. The Spurs vs Mavs was the championship game if you ask me....

x0xbillupsx0x
05-23-2006, 01:48 AM
Dallas and Detroit make it to the finals , i think the series goes 7 games. Last game is a coin flip like this SA-Dallas game. Both are excellent teams.
coin flip?
i'm sorry but i dont see mavs beating pistons in game 7 at the palace in the finals.

jamezyjamez
05-23-2006, 01:56 AM
coin flip?
i'm sorry but i dont see mavs beating pistons in game 7 at the palace in the finals.

Nope. Won't get that far. Pistons are the Spurs if the Spurs sucked...which they don't. Can't wait to see Ben Wallace on the bench with his head jerking back and forth like he is watching a tennis match. Sigh...can't believe I am wasting keystrokes making points against a team from the Leastern Conference. If not for the East Coast media, Detroit would be ranked as the 4th best team in the NBA behind the Spurs, Mavs, and Suns. Maybe even below the Heat and Clips. Can't wait for the great 60-59 battles in the ECF.

Real ending - Mavs finish their vendetta against ex-Mavs by smashing 'Toine Walker and the Heat in 6 games.

RON ARTEST
05-23-2006, 02:10 AM
yeah right. neither of them can guard dirk. the pistons need to beat miami first before they start talking about the mavs.

ponky
05-23-2006, 02:36 AM

Miami or Detroit can beat any of the 3 teams left in the WC in a 7 game series...

remember when we beat your team by 37 points? or was it the heat we beat by 37?...no, no, we beat the heat by 36 points and 13 points, basically swept them...the game you barely won against us, no jho or harris in that game and yet your team barely won

ponky
05-23-2006, 02:38 AM
4 game sweep for the Pistons, maybe in 5. And I'm gonna love every minute.

didn't they say this about the pistons' first round series? and then again after the first game stomping of the cavs in the second round series? i have no problems with you calling it for the pistons if you want, but get real

flipcritic
05-23-2006, 02:40 AM
They can do it. Problem is that Detroit has much better interior D than the Spurs do, and better individual defenders. Dallas is a terrific outside shooting squad, but I think the Pistons have quicker people to close out on them.

Dallas will also have a harder time getting penetrations past the quick Detroit frontcourt (Chauncey and Hamilton, or even Hunter). And if they do get in the paint, the Pistons have more shotblockers to rely on (Prince, the Wallaces, and even McDyess from time to time).

Nobody can really match up with Nowitzki defensively, but Prince is the only one who has the quickness to keep up with Dirk, and the length to contest his shot. If Nowitzki does get to the Finals, he'll have more work to do than he did against SA.

The good thing about Dallas is that they're a monster rebounding team, and they proved it against the Spurs. And they're going to have to continue crashing the offensive boards against Detroit's own badass boardmen, and Big Ben will make that hell.

As for stopping Detroit on offense, the Mavs match up nicely with the Pistons in term of speed, but the Dallas backcourt is going to have to find a guard big strong enough to body up against Billups, a bulldog of a point guard. And I don't think any of their SF's can match up with Prince, who like Chauncey can hit from inside and the low post. Most of all. Dallas has to keep the Wallaces off the offensive boards. If they can figure out how to do that, they'll have a very good chance.

Mental toughness? I think Detroit has a definite edge being a champion, but I thought the same thoughts with SA. Dallas has now become mentally tough. Let's see by how much if they get to meet.

ponky
05-23-2006, 02:46 AM
lol you have to bring up the cav seris? Dude I admit the Pistons werent them self. Sorry but if you think that was the true Pistons in that cavs seris then you are all crazy of think that. Also that being said the Pistons werent being themself but the Cavs were trying harder then their hardest to win.

by the way we whooped Heats ass this season 3-1, and we will beat them this seris. With homecourt over everyone I dont see us losing so easy.

Is this English? You should try telling all the Pistons fans on pistontalk who were jumping ship after the Cavs took a 3-1 lead in the series what you just posted, then maybe they'll believe.

Pistons_In_7
05-23-2006, 04:15 AM
Hey that really is Ron Artest isn't it? Yo dummy the pistons arent talking about beating the Mavs you bafoon. Its some Pistons fans on a message boards doing the talking and its not talking either its typing.

Dont forget to take your meds Ron. You have to keep that temper in check it seems that the prozac is working well for you.

Pistons_In_7
05-23-2006, 04:20 AM
Hey ponky your an idiot too. First of all the Pistons never were down 3-1 so put that crackpipe down will ya? They were down 3-2. 2nd of all Jason Terry will never get off against the Pistons. We are too quick and too long for hiim to have his way with us with all of those perimiter jumpshots. Dirk will be somewhat of a challenge to contend but we will probably allow him to score with few double teams while shutting everyone else down. Just like how we play Dwade and Shaq.

"Is this English? You should try telling all the Pistons fans on pistontalk who were jumping ship after the Cavs took a 3-1 lead in the series what you just posted, then maybe they'll believe"

Tanya
05-23-2006, 04:22 AM
Don't be overconfident Mavs fans.
I would like to remind you that the pistons have been to the ECF four years in a row and have been to the finals twice. However, they have never swept their opponents in these past four playoffs. They came back from 1-3 to beat ORL in 2003; they came back from 2-3 to beat NJ in 2004; they came back from 2-3 to beat the heat and came back from 2-3 to force a game 7 against SA in 2005.
So don't be surprised that they needed 7 games to beat the Cavs. And don't worry about them because of that. They always make themselves tough but they play well under tough situation.

Pistons_In_7
05-23-2006, 04:24 AM
Tell em' Tanya. The Pistons ain't skeered!

spurs_666
05-23-2006, 12:08 PM
Don't be overconfident Mavs fans.
I would like to remind you that the pistons have been to the ECF four years in a row and have been to the finals twice. However, they have never swept their opponents in these past four playoffs. They came back from 1-3 to beat ORL in 2003; they came back from 2-3 to beat NJ in 2004; they came back from 2-3 to beat the heat and came back from 2-3 to force a game 7 against SA in 2005.
So don't be surprised that they needed 7 games to beat the Cavs. And don't worry about them because of that. They always make themselves tough but they play well under tough situation.

Eastern Conference is weak, even the Bucks make the playoff this year. That is a team that has more loss than win made a playoff, unbelieveable.

Sportcamper
05-23-2006, 12:15 PM
One more ring for the fat man! (http://www.smh.com.au/ffxImage/urlpicture_id_1057783329956_2003/07/11/rhs_shaq.jpg)

horryhader
05-23-2006, 12:24 PM
All you morons that say the MAVS are going to get killed by the Pistons are discrediting your SPURS team. I think it's obvious that the MAVS, SPURS, and Pistons are the best teams in the NBA. I also think that the MAVS and the SPURS are just a little better than the Pistons, but obviously I am in the minority.

CosmicCowboy
05-23-2006, 12:26 PM
In my opinion both Phoenix and Detroit have players that match up better with Dirk...I presume the Suns will put Marion on him...

If I was a Detroit fan my fear would be that Sheed would get too emotional when Dirk gets his fouls (and he WILL get his fouls) and gets T'd up and out.

IndyJoker
05-23-2006, 12:57 PM
Dirk doesn't get more fouls than Lebron ... it's not possible ... I have seen more offensive penalties on Marion Barber or Dominik Davis than on Lebron ...

And the Mavs can talk all they want, we will see. I am very confident it will be dallas vs Detroit ... and you want to know what it's like to be a champ? Come to MoTown ...

WalterBenitez
05-23-2006, 01:01 PM
My south american heart will go with PHX :elephant , but being honest the no defense PHX won't have chance against AJ's boys ... :smokin

My second option is DET... considering EAST, I thing both team are more defense oriented than MAVs.

spur219
05-23-2006, 01:06 PM
Well first we must see if they can get past the Suns then maybe. But if Detroit makes it to the finals it will be tough. First because they won't have to change their style of play like the Spurs did because of matchups. They have the players ready to guard the Mavs. You have Prince and Rasheed who can defend Nowitzki. I am not saying that they will stop him I am just saying on how they don't need to do anything out of their ordinary to play the Mavs and that is advantage Pistons.

Their defense is just crazily tenacious. Taking the ball to the hoop like they did constantly against the Mavs won't be easy at all with the Wallaces waiting. For the Mavs to beat the Pistons they will have to play their A game.

And don't bring up that the Cavs took the Pistons to 7 games. That was a different series, different matchups. And every series is different. Honestly I think the Pistons played down to their competition at times and that caused them to have their backs to the wall. But if they make the Finals they will be ready.

WalterBenitez
05-23-2006, 01:07 PM
In my opinion both Phoenix and Detroit have players that match up better with Dirk...I presume the Suns will put Marion on him...

If I was a Detroit fan my fear would be that Sheed would get too emotional when Dirk gets his fouls (and he WILL get his fouls) and gets T'd up and out.

IMHO Marion won't be effective against blondie ... I have better hope on two Wallaces, why?

Dirk is a SuperStar, strong mentality ... (first time I say this) and Marion is not as strong as Dirk.

The only way blondie defeat DET would be refs considering every breath on him a foul :angel, btw I don't see Rasheed being as pacific as our defense on Dirk ... so blondie you'd better don't scream for your nails ...

Jimcs50
05-23-2006, 01:07 PM
If Cuban gets the Larry O'Brien Trophy, I will leave the country. I can stay with some actors, I think.

word
05-23-2006, 01:09 PM

Nope. I have nothing against the Mavs but, ain't gonna happen.

IndyJoker
05-23-2006, 01:17 PM
Anyone know a big Dallas Mavs board?

rascal
05-23-2006, 01:33 PM
Miami will win it all.

Trainwreck2100
05-23-2006, 01:35 PM
Anyone know a big Dallas Mavs board?

aparrently there's a high Mav traffic at spurstalk.com

MadDog73
05-23-2006, 01:36 PM
I never thought the Mavs would beat the Spurs.

Or the Cavs would take the Pistons to a Game 7.

So anything is possible.

WayDowntownBang
05-23-2006, 01:39 PM
All you morons that say the MAVS are going to get killed by the Pistons are discrediting your SPURS team. I think it's obvious that the MAVS, SPURS, and Pistons are the best teams in the NBA. I also think that the MAVS and the SPURS are just a little better than the Pistons, but obviously I am in the minority.

I'm not going to say you're right or wrong, because it's an opinion.

But, what makes you say that you think the Spurs and Mavs are BOTH better than the Pistons? What do you have that backs that up? Statistically, all signs point to the Pistons.

mertz
05-23-2006, 01:49 PM
suns sweep the mavs!

...hey, never know.

Pistonsfan01
05-23-2006, 01:55 PM
pistons have a better defense then the spurs they proved it last year,the spurs were just more balanced on both sides of the ball.The cavs gave us a hard time because we let them give us a hard time but now that slump is OVER.We have been awakened and any team in our way is going to feel it.No team can shut you down like the pistons BELIEVE IT

Pistonsfan01
05-23-2006, 01:59 PM
NO team can grind out ugly wins like the pistons,You honestly think the mavs could win a game scoring less then 80 points with any consistancy? call it ugly basketball what you will ,argue that the west is better then the eastbut what it comes down to is style vs style and the pistons can shut down any over hyped west team in the game and yes that includes SA even though they won last year.I like SA alot but the pistons are the only team I have seen in the playoffs that can play like total crap on the O side of the ball and still win games

ponky
05-23-2006, 02:04 PM
NO team can grind out ugly wins like the pistons,You honestly think the mavs could win a game scoring less then 80 points with any consistancy? call it ugly basketball what you will ,argue that the west is better then the eastbut what it comes down to is style vs style and the pistons can shut down any over hyped west team in the game and yes that includes SA even though they won last year.I like SA alot but the pistons are the only team I have seen in the playoffs that can play like total crap on the O side of the ball and still win games

Is that why the Pistons shut us down when we beat you by 36 points this season? No, you only shut us down by 7 points when he had Devin Harris and Josh Howard sidelined with injuries. Just worry about the Heat, then you can worry about whichever team comes out of the West. Pistons trolling on Spurs board, hilarious.

WayDowntownBang
05-23-2006, 02:06 PM
Pistons trolling on Spurs board, hilarious.

Eye-Row-Knee.

ponky
05-23-2006, 02:09 PM
Eye-Row-Knee.

At least we Mavs trolls have actually played the Spurs in this year's playoffs. Anyway, gloat all you want, the only reason some of you wanted the Spurs is because you swept them and think this year would've been an easy payback year. My brother's a die-hard Pistons fan but he was happy to see the Mavs win, maybe I'm rubbing off on him, doubt it.

While you're at it, why don't you break down the two regular season games and explain how you will change your play from those games to stomp on the Mavs?

Pistonsfan01
05-23-2006, 02:13 PM
Is that why the Pistons shut us down when we beat you by 36 points this season? No, you only shut us down by 7 points when he had Devin Harris and Josh Howard sidelined with injuries. Just worry about the Heat, then you can worry about whichever team comes out of the West. Pistons trolling on Spurs board, hilarious.
it was the beginning of the season and it was a b2b LOL dude trust me that game was meaningless ,you will now fear itself when our defense makes you cry buckets.Mavs and Pacers have such delusional folks as fans :rolleyes

spur219
05-23-2006, 02:15 PM
Regular season means crap now. This is the playoffs.

spurs_666
05-23-2006, 02:17 PM
it was the beginning of the season and it was a b2b LOL dude trust me that game was meaningless ,you will now fear itself when our defense makes you cry buckets.Mavs and Pacers have such delusional folks as fans :rolleyes

Pistons were in a 8 game winning streak when the Mavs demolished them, sweet :elephant

Pistonsfan01
05-23-2006, 02:18 PM
I seem to recall us blowing out the spurs twice in the finals last year only to still lose the series but yes regular season means so much more :rolleyes

Pistonsfan01
05-23-2006, 02:19 PM
Pistons were in a 8 game winning streak when the Mavs demolished them, sweet :elephant

again was latter of a b2b,dont worry mavs fan I know your scared and you should be but we will kill you quick :elephant

Trainwreck2100
05-23-2006, 02:20 PM
Pistons trolling on Spurs board, hilarious.

Actually it's more hilarious that Pistons fans and Dallas fans are arguing on a Spurs board.

spurs_666
05-23-2006, 02:23 PM
again was latter of a b2b,dont worry mavs fan I know your scared and you should be but we will kill you quick :elephant

You should worry about the Heat first. It's not a guarantee Pistons will beat the Heat.

Phoenix doesn't have Amare, just being realistic, it's going to be an easier series than the Mavs-Spurs series.

ponky
05-23-2006, 02:24 PM

Haha, the way you guys scraped by the Cavs, I'm not worried. We barely lost the late season game w/o jho and harris, there's nothing to fear when it comes to the Pistons. Not that I don't respect your team, but this Heat/Pistons series hasn't even started and you're already talking shit about playing the Mavericks...hell the Mavs/Suns series hasn't even started. I just find all the Pistons brotherly love for the Spurs really f*cking hilarious. We'll see if that continues next year...that is, if you guys ever get a chance to play each other again.

Pistonsfan01
05-23-2006, 02:26 PM
Haha, the way you guys scraped by the Cavs, I'm not worried. We barely lost the late season game w/o jho and harris, there's nothing to fear when it comes to the Pistons. Not that I don't respect your team, but this Heat/Pistons series hasn't even started and you're already talking shit about playing the Mavericks...hell the Mavs/Suns series hasn't even started. I just find all the Pistons brotherly love for the Spurs really f*cking hilarious. We'll see if that continues next year...that is, if you guys ever get a chance to play each other again.
Im putting you in your place which isnt our equals,try winning a ring first before you can sit at t he big boys table ok? and yes you will be scared of the pistons who wouldnt be :fro and as for the cavs we let them take us to 7 cause of a bad attitude which has been corrected BELIEVE IT!

DarrinS
05-23-2006, 02:26 PM
Deeeeeeeetrroooiiit Baaasketbaaaaaaal

May Cuban's trophy case always be empty.

pache100
05-23-2006, 02:27 PM

I hope they don't make it that far. I am hoping the Suns put them out of all our misery.

Go Suns!

Pistonsfan01
05-23-2006, 02:29 PM
Im on the spurs board not to attack the Mavs or defend the spurs so much as I will not take your Mavs fans arrogance when you havent won jack.SA and DET belong to an elite club that sorry arse teams like Miami and yourself havnt reached yet so please stop coming on here and act like your champions,Save your smack for when you win it (DOUBTFUL)

tlongII
05-23-2006, 02:32 PM
The Mavs will win the West, but they would lose to either Detroit or Miami. I think Miami is going to take out Detroit now.

Pistonsfan01
05-23-2006, 02:32 PM
I mean Im a lions fan but I wont come onto a cowboys forum and talk smack because youve won far more ships then mine

WayDowntownBang
05-23-2006, 02:34 PM
At least we Mavs trolls have actually played the Spurs in this year's playoffs. Anyway, gloat all you want, the only reason some of you wanted the Spurs is because you swept them and think this year would've been an easy payback year. My brother's a die-hard Pistons fan but he was happy to see the Mavs win, maybe I'm rubbing off on him, doubt it.

While you're at it, why don't you break down the two regular season games and explain how you will change your play from those games to stomp on the Mavs?

The Mavs are missing something that the Spurs had, and something that the Pistons have. That's playoff experience. Look at the Mavs. They celebrated that win over the Spurs as if it *WAS* their NBA Finals.

Go ahead and cheer on your regular season. Ours was better.

Go ahead and talk about how we're gloating, but look at your own Maverick fans. They're acting as if they are already champs.

Look ahead to Detroit, and you'll end up getting spanked by Phoenix.

Mrs.Tlong
05-23-2006, 02:35 PM
I'm convinced the Mavs will win it all. Who's agree with me?!?

And I'm convinced that TlongII is a mature loving and kind man. Doesn't make it true.

Roscoe and the Body
05-23-2006, 02:36 PM
I think Detroit is the only remaining team that poses any sort of threat to the Mavs. I've really been impressed with them this play-off run and think this is their year. Dallas should outclass PHX, and would run roughshod over Shaq and Miami. Dallas seems to play for the fourth quarter - they're so deep that they just try to stay close to their opposition and then go in for the kill in the fourth when they're much fresher against the tired opposition. I think Detroit's lack of a bench(thanks for that Flop) would be exposed and our starters beggin for mercey by the fifth game in the series.

Shank
05-23-2006, 02:47 PM
The Mavs are missing something that the Spurs had, and something that the Pistons have. That's playoff experience. Look at the Mavs. They celebrated that win over the Spurs as if it *WAS* their NBA Finals.

Go ahead and cheer on your regular season. Ours was better.

Go ahead and talk about how we're gloating, but look at your own Maverick fans. They're acting as if they are already champs.

Look ahead to Detroit, and you'll end up getting spanked by Phoenix.

I'm not seeing this celebration out of the team that you're talking about. Please point this out to me in case I'm missing something.

And the way the fans celebrate and the way the players celebrate are two completely different things. They're the professionals. We're the paying customer.

spur219
05-23-2006, 02:56 PM
Why bring up the Cavs series. Each series is totally different. Who cares if the Cavs took them to 7 games. That is different. I honestly think that the Pistons played down to their competition.

MadDog73
05-23-2006, 03:00 PM
Why bring up the Cavs series. Each series is totally different. Who cares if the Cavs took them to 7 games. That is different. I honestly think that the Pistons played down to their competition.

Which, IMO, is not the sign of a Champion.

Now, does it mean the Pistons will lose to the Mavs? No, of course not. But if the Pistons had swept the Cavs, I would have a lot more faith in their abilities.

The Mavs took the Spurs to a Game 7, and won. In overtime. In SA.

That doesn't mean they can do the same to the Pistons. But, again, it gives me hope that they can.

riad19
05-23-2006, 03:33 PM

why? wouldnt u rather have your team get beat by the world champs?

degenerate_gambler
05-23-2006, 03:36 PM
I'm convinced I don't really give a shit about the Mavs.

Never was a fan of the "they're a Texas team so let's cheer them on".

degenerate_gambler
05-23-2006, 03:37 PM
why? wouldnt u rather have your team get beat by the world champs?

Getting a wee bit ahead of ourselves aren't we?

GoSpurs90899
05-23-2006, 10:02 PM
Told yall guys that the pistons were chumps. Too arrogant and not enough talent to back it up. Other than billups none of their starters are top 5 at their position and they have a pathetic bench.

I'll repeat it: the east teams are WEAK. Detroit's stupid arrogance is pathetic. Rasheed with his "there's only one team, two tops we have to show up for to beat" BS....if the pistons were in the west they'd have won maybe 50 games tops. Whoever wins the WCF is gonna win it all, even the suns without amare.

jamezyjamez
05-23-2006, 10:11 PM
Told yall guys that the pistons were chumps. Too arrogant and not enough talent to back it up. Other than billups none of their starters are top 5 at their position and they have a pathetic bench.

I'll repeat it: the east teams are WEAK. Detroit's stupid arrogance is pathetic. Rasheed with his "there's only one team, two tops we have to show up for to beat" BS....if the pistons were in the west they'd have won maybe 50 games tops. Whoever wins the WCF is gonna win it all, even the suns without amare.

Couldnt' agree more. It sort of reminds me of the 90's NFL when it was 49ers, Cowboys, and GB playing for the REAL Superbowl...and a fun weekend beating up the Bills/Broncos.

Only problem is if we all beat each other up too much that it gives the Leastern champs a shot.

GoSpurs90899
05-23-2006, 10:15 PM
The pistons COULD win. But they were about effort in 2004. They got no intensity right now. Thats the only explanation why they havent swept both their matchups vs one man teams. Its the east and they were supposed to be the favorites to win it all but time is running out on them to starting walking the walk.

I dont buy the crap about being able to turn the switch on anytime. They arent close to being that good. The MJ bulls didnt operate like that. They were on all the time.

BgT
05-23-2006, 10:19 PM
The "win it all" means the title? Uhm, no, Im not convinced. I was convinced Spurs would win Game 7, however.

spurs_in_7
05-23-2006, 10:24 PM
i will said it 1 more time.....

THE PISSTONS ARE OVERRATED

TonyC
05-24-2006, 01:25 AM
detroit is going to make dirk look like the jump shooting german peice of shit that he is, and I will laugh the entire time.

That's not very nice...I hope Dirk shoots all over ya'lls asses. Then he'll go dunk on every member of the Detroit Lions, then beat down the Tigers with thier own baseball bats. I hope we play you in the finals....

spurs_666
05-24-2006, 10:26 AM
You should worry about the Heat first. It's not a guarantee Pistons will beat the Heat.

Phoenix doesn't have Amare, just being realistic, it's going to be an easier series than the Mavs-Spurs series.

I told you guys Pistons fans, Pistons need to worry about Heat first. A team with Shaq is not easy to beat, word.

ndnjumpman
05-24-2006, 11:06 AM
i agree =)...

tlongII
05-30-2006, 02:46 PM
The Mavs will win the West, but they would lose to either Detroit or Miami. I think Miami is going to take out Detroit now.

I am bumping this thread to give props to myself. :smokin

spurs_666
05-30-2006, 03:16 PM
I told you guys Pistons fans, Pistons need to worry about Heat first. A team with Shaq is not easy to beat, word.

I am bumping this thread to give props to myself. :smokin

Me too, dawg. Me too :elephant

StanleyKubrick
05-30-2006, 03:32 PM
The Heat haven't beaten the Mavs in 3 years. So they're going to magically become a better team WITHOUT home court advantage in the finals? Yeah, right. The Mavs are breezing to a championship this year.

The Pistons are awful.

mavsfan1000
05-30-2006, 03:43 PM
Mavs winning it all is looking better every day. Miami doesn't match up well to Dallas because of Howard and Dirk. All of Miami's weakest defenders are where Dallas is at their strongest.

PaceMonster
05-30-2006, 03:49 PM
Mavs winning it all is looking better every day. Miami doesn't match up well to Dallas because of Howard and Dirk. All of Miami's weakest defenders are where Dallas is at their strongest.

Haslem cannot guard Dirk
Posey can guard Josh Howard
Diop cannot guard Shaq
Harris would get raped by Wade
Jason Terry and Williams can cancel out

The regular season and the playoffs are 2 extremely different basketball atmoshperes. Ask the NJ Nets and the Detroit Pistons. We lost the reg.season series to the Nets 3-1(Beat them 4-1 in the playoffs). We lost the reg.season series to the Pistons 3-1 also(leading the series 3-1 without homecourt). So StanlyKubrick dont give me dat nonsense because if you knew basktetball, you IQ would tell you that the regular season and the playoffs are way apart from each other.

MadDog73
05-30-2006, 03:52 PM
The Heat haven't beaten the Mavs in 3 years. So they're going to magically become a better team WITHOUT home court advantage in the finals? Yeah, right. The Mavs are breezing to a championship this year.

The Pistons are awful.

God, you are pissing me off.

Only an asshole would call 7 tight games with the defending champs "breezing to the Championship".

I hope Karma makes you swallow Dirk's dick.

That said, Mavs in 7 against the Heat.

mavsfan1000
05-30-2006, 03:54 PM
Posey can't guard Howard. Walker even worse.
Haslem can't guard Dirk. Neither can Walker.
Dampier can do better than any center out there on defense against Shaq and Diop will bother Shaq as well by fronting him.
No one in the league can guard Wade.
Harris would run laps around Jason Williams just like Parker did way back against Memphis.

leemajors
05-30-2006, 03:59 PM
Dampier can do better than any center out there on defense against Shaq and Diop will bother Shaq as well by fronting him.
Harris would run laps around Jason Williams just like Parker did way back against Memphis.

rasho and yao guard shaq better than dampier. your best bet at the center matchup would be shaq getting whistled for offensive fouls as he dunks over both of them :lol

Trainwreck2100
05-30-2006, 04:01 PM

There's is no way in hell Dampier will get away with Bogying up Shaq that he did with Duncan.

leemajors
05-30-2006, 04:09 PM
btw my post was about just stopping shaq, not saying miami or dallas would win. i think miami has the better chance, they have 2 unguardable players.

mavsfan1000
05-30-2006, 04:10 PM
Shaq isn't as mobile as Duncan. Shaq is unable to play a finesse game. Dampier will hold his ground and is much stronger than Ben Wallace. History prooves my point. Even when Dampier was with the Warriors.

LEONARD
05-30-2006, 04:16 PM
Mavs >>> All others this season :fro

Mavtek
05-30-2006, 04:21 PM
Haslem cannot guard Dirk
Posey can guard Josh Howard
Diop cannot guard Shaq
Harris would get raped by Wade
Jason Terry and Williams can cancel out

Diop and Damp will do just as well or better than Ben Wallace, watch and see..........
Posey will not be able to stop Howard, wait and see........
Harris may not be able to stop Wade, but Wade won't be able to stop Harris, wait and see........
Oh and Jason Terry and Williams sure as hell do not cancel each other out, that's probably the stupidest thing you've said.

DarrinS
05-30-2006, 04:25 PM
Sadly, I'd rather see Shaq with a 4th ring than Cuban with his 1st.

leemajors
05-30-2006, 04:45 PM
Shaq isn't as mobile as Duncan. Shaq is unable to play a finesse game. Dampier will hold his ground and is much stronger than Ben Wallace. History prooves my point. Even when Dampier was with the Warriors.

dampier stronger than ben wallace? :lol

PaceMonster
05-30-2006, 05:20 PM
Desagana Diop, Dampier,Mbenga,KVH whoever they put on Shaq, he will destroy them...Dirk better average like 35 ppg or else the Mavs are in trouble

Spurologist
05-30-2006, 05:22 PM
dampier stronger than ben wallace? :lol

WTF is soo funny. Is it because it is true. Damp might show a constant lack of effort on the court but he is clearly stronger than Ben.

jamezyjamez
05-30-2006, 05:36 PM
WTF is soo funny. Is it because it is true. Damp might show a constant lack of effort on the court but he is clearly stronger than Ben.

True. I think what LeeMajors was saying is that he prefers a more chiseled look for his men.

kimberly_spursfan
05-30-2006, 09:40 PM
i will love every minute of it.... when they lose it all

spurs_666
06-08-2006, 05:17 PM
Mavs will start the final series tonite, like I said the mavs will win it all this year. Mavs in 6.

ndnjumpman
06-09-2006, 03:13 AM
Desagana Diop, Dampier,Mbenga,KVH whoever they put on Shaq, he will destroy them...Dirk better average like 35 ppg or else the Mavs are in trouble

soo...did anyone watch the game tonight? how many points did dirk have? and who won?...

ponky
06-09-2006, 03:20 AM
lmfao, it was great to read through these posts again, everyone got seriously pwned...well, at least for tonight. thanks for bumping, goodnight

RonMexico
06-09-2006, 05:01 AM
Yeah, Miami went pretty cold after that 1st quarter outburst... it's hard to predict a champion when a team's success rests heavily on the performances of Jason Williams, Antione Walker, and James Posey... not to mention Gary "The Mitten" Payton

Then again, you have Adrian Griffin, Erik Dampier, Devin Harris, and Jerry Stackhouse to help you win on the other side... that's where the real battle is decided because we all know Shaq and D-Wade are going to get theirs and any combo of Terry, Dirk, and Howard for the Mavs...