PDA

View Full Version : 15 seconds on the clock and down by 5

mouse
05-22-2006, 11:34 PM
15 seconds on the clock and down by 5 and people where running out the AT&T center like a bunch of looters at wall mart during the NO floods.

KSAT was at Champs and they could only find one Spur fan to talk to for live TV?

Don't you fans know that with 15 seconds on the clock if that 3 point shot goes in your only one basket away from another overtime? Ask Kori or anyone else who knows how long 15 seconds can be in an NBA game. Even if the Spurs don't win? why not at least wait till the final buzzer so you can cheer your team and thank them for a great season?

This kinda reminds me of when I was all alone at Fatso's sports bar when the lakers beat the Spurs back in 2001-02 season the fans left that place with 4 minutes on the clock. That was the day I hung up my Spurs cap for life and went with the next best thing, The Mighty Dallas Mavericks.

I hope you so called sports fans are proud of yourselves.

E20
05-22-2006, 11:35 PM
Props to the Mavs, they played hard.

Spurologist
05-22-2006, 11:37 PM
Leaving before the end of the game is fucked up especially at the end of game 7 with season on the line. Some spurs fans are spoiled. PERIOD.

beachbarbie948
05-22-2006, 11:37 PM
um, ok?

Party Girl
05-23-2006, 12:02 AM
I just got back from the game and I was embarrassed to see spur fans running over each other to leave with 14 seconds still on the clock. I stayed to at least watch the Spurs walk off the court. :)

SequSpur
05-23-2006, 12:03 AM
Everyone was running out the door to bang your mom.

MannyIsGod
05-23-2006, 12:04 AM
Someone bitching about the Spurs fans leaving who jumped off the wagon himself. Priceless.

Horry For 3!
05-23-2006, 12:09 AM
15 seconds on the clock and down by 5 and people where running out the AT&T center like a bunch of looters at wall mart during the NO floods.

KSAT was at Champs and they could only find one Spur fan to talk to for live TV?

Don't you fans know that with 15 seconds on the clock if that 3 point shot goes in your only one basket away from another overtime? Ask Kori or anyone else who knows how long 15 seconds can be in an NBA game. Even if the Spurs don't win? why not at least wait till the final buzzer so you can cheer your team and thank them for a great season?

This kinda reminds me of when I was all alone at Fatso's sports bar when the lakers beat the Spurs back in 2001-02 season the fans left that place with 4 minutes on the clock. That was the day I hung up my Spurs cap for life and went with the next best thing, The Mighty Dallas Mavericks.

I hope you so called sports fans are proud of yourselves.
Poor guy

veronicamae
05-23-2006, 12:11 AM
I wonder what mouse will do when the Mavs lose the WCF to the Suns?

Then I suppose he'll start sucking Nash's d*ck instead of Dirk's Diggler.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-23-2006, 12:12 AM
Good.

I hope they never come back.

If this season can accomplish anything good it's that I hope the fairweather fans leave and there's a smaller core of REAL fans who don't just show up when we win, and to bash our players for their mistakes.

Tek_XX
05-23-2006, 12:29 AM
The writing was on the wall, spurs fans knew it wasn't going to happen, why make it more shittier by having to wait to leave the parking lot.

Don't act like ya'll wouldn't do the same.

MannyIsGod
05-23-2006, 12:48 AM
I stayed until after the final buzzer.

ponky
05-23-2006, 12:54 AM
i love you mouse, your posts are so hilarious in a very descriptive way...looters at walmart, too funny...i hate it when *fans* of ANY team leave before the end...my bf switched off the tv when arizona was down to the yankees and missed a ridiculous comeback during the world series...i kept watching

Melmart1
05-23-2006, 12:57 AM
Did you not see game 6 at AAC, where with just a few seconds left, and down by 5, there was a mass exodus? Same fucking thing. Bandwagon fans are the same anywhere. They don't represent the fanbase as a whole.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-23-2006, 12:59 AM
The writing was on the wall, spurs fans knew it wasn't going to happen, why make it more shittier by having to wait to leave the parking lot.

They still deserved to be applauded for their efforts....Dont' give up. That's the difference between a true fan.

Sure it felt shitty. It's not justified....sometimes the fans have demonstrated how spoiled they are in the stands..This isn't the first time they've displayed that fairweather mentality. Didn't the Kings fans show some true spirit even when the Spurs eliminated them??? in game 6???

MissAllThat
05-23-2006, 01:16 AM
Mouse talking about true fans, ha thats funny, Mr. Bandwagoner himself. Really, there are those kinds of fans for every team (yes, every single one, not just in basketball, in any sport). It doesn't mean anything. The true fans stayed until the very end. Just like they always do, whether its up 10 or down 10. This is a stupid thread.

Carie
05-23-2006, 01:19 AM

Never have, never will.

AMOS7
05-23-2006, 01:24 AM
Or maybe they are realists? Big fans can realize that getting 5 points in 15 seconds is not an easy task, especially with such a good FT shooting team.

Please, besides traffic would be terrible.

Melmart1
05-23-2006, 01:25 AM
It's not about being realistic. It's about staying till the buzzer to applaud your team on a great year. You won't have another chance to do it.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-23-2006, 01:31 AM
It's not about being realistic. It's about staying till the buzzer to applaud your team on a great year. You won't have another chance to do it.
Yeah...but he does have a point about traffic :lol

In any case, they didn't lose Terribly. They Gave all they could tonight made the mistakes but fought to the end...

Kings fans acted better than these guys did when the Kings got eliminated. The Spurs team never looked like they were gonna really repeat, they were good enough but not convincing enough. 06' Spurs riddled with injury has been a scrapper contender. Looking at that I wanted them to realistically just get to the FINALS and take it from there. It looked like the Pistons would be able to beat them. The fans don't allow to pout, when Tim is giving a 41 point effort and 15 rebounds..Manu making key plays. Finley proving he's a Spur...Tony fighting while hurt. Come on. Stick around for these guys and applaud the Mavs. The stands didn't have to be full, but they shouldn't have been too empty.

This Mouse guy. Who IS this GUY?? I don't understand bailing when the core has remained constant with Timmy.

baseline bum
05-23-2006, 01:38 AM
Fans who leave early suck. I'll still never forget all these jackasses around me getting up and leaving from my section when the Spurs were down either 6 or 8 with 1:30 left in game 2 of the 99 WCF. I bet they were mad as fuck when they got to their radios and heard that Sean Elliott won us the game with 9 seconds left.

RealEstateDude
05-23-2006, 01:41 AM
So you quit the Spurs because fans leave early??? :rolleyes

Tek_XX
05-23-2006, 02:44 AM
So you quit the Spurs because fans leave early??? :rolleyes

Exactly, some people in here go overboard

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-23-2006, 02:54 AM
And start rooting for the Mavs on a whim....

TDMVPDPOY
05-23-2006, 04:24 AM
wats worster, not being able to defend for 30secs when team is up by 3pts, or not defending for the last 14mins till extra time with a goal (ars vs barca final)??

Please_dont_ban_me
05-23-2006, 04:30 AM
I was there.

It was disgusting.

Me and my brother-in-law did get up early, but only to stand in the hallway and watch the end of the game. But people were pouring out. It's the last game of the season, this isn't LA...there is not traffic jam you'll be stuck in for hours. Fucking pansy's.

Carie
05-23-2006, 04:41 AM
Exactly. I don't leave early for regular season games, I'm sure as hell not going to in this circumstance. They had an awesome year, they fought like dogs to come back, they deserved a round of applause from the fans.

That's one thing I always liked about Longhorn basefall fans at the CWS. Win or lose, EVERYONE stayed for 'Eyes of Texas', including the players.

AFE7FATMAN
05-23-2006, 06:15 AM
Props to you Mouse, I had to work but the pc was on play by play. Radios not aloud.
Enjoy it while you can.

Suns Fan
05-23-2006, 07:30 AM
Mouse talking about true fans, ha thats funny, Mr. Bandwagoner himself.

What does it matter who made the topic if it's true? Show some class and just leave a good take and stop the name calling.

This is a stupid thread.
when was the last time you made a topic worth reading? maybe your just upset cuz the truth is? your ass was already on 410 when the clock still had 15 seconds left

mouse
05-23-2006, 07:48 AM
Exactly. I don't leave early for regular season games, I'm sure as hell not going to in this circumstance. They had an awesome year, they fought like dogs to come back, they deserved a round of applause from the fans.

That's one thing I always liked about Longhorn basefall fans at the CWS. Win or lose, EVERYONE stayed for 'Eyes of Texas', including the players.

baseline bum

Fans who leave early suck. I'll still never forget all these jackasses around me getting up and leaving from my section when the Spurs were down either 6 or 8 with 1:30 left in game 2 of the 99 WCF. I bet they were mad as fuck when they got to their radios and heard that Sean Elliott won us the game with 9 seconds left.

Thses two guys get it along with a few others who I will quote later.

As far as attacking me for Diving off the Spurs wagon? I could have easily used another screen name that says I'm a Spurs fan to make this topic and then what would you have done? But I do thank you anyway for reminding me why I left in the first place.

bus driver
05-23-2006, 08:00 AM
Thank You Spurs For A Great Run!!!

Party Girl
05-23-2006, 02:47 PM
Thank You Spurs For A Great Run!!!

Ditto :)