PDA

View Full Version : Are the pistons fans in here....

Tek_XX
05-22-2006, 11:51 PM
happy that the Spurs lost?

As pistons fans you're probably just as pissed that Cuban and his minions won, but selfishly are you happy you don't have to face the Spurs.

The Genius
05-22-2006, 11:51 PM

As pistons fans you're probably just as pissed that Cuban and his minions won, but selfishly are you happy you don't have to face the Spurs.
Ummm. Por Que?

dn0
05-22-2006, 11:53 PM
STFU, the pistons wanted the spurs in the finals. *They* wanted to dethrone the champions not sweep the Mavs.

Pistons < Spurs
I'm pissed the Spurs lost.

Tek_XX
Ummm. Por Que?

It's not a confusing question

Pistonsfan01
05-22-2006, 11:54 PM
I wanted to face you only to show you that you werent the better team ,and had a couple of lucky bounces not gone your way wed have beaten you last year,tho I do give u mad props

The Genius
It's not a confusing question
Binche.

Tek_XX
STFU, the pistons wanted the spurs in the finals. *They* wanted to dethrone the champions not sweep the Mavs.

You're not a pistons fan so don't speak for them

The Genius
05-22-2006, 11:57 PM
Actually I feel discontent. Because a week ago, most Spurs Fans and Pistons Fans were all buddy-buddy, with a brokeback feel to it. But now I can't rant on having Faith Threads or Believe Dreams for a rematch. I think my satisfaction will come when the Pistons hoist that trophy over the west again.

Vizzini
05-22-2006, 11:58 PM
no, I wanted the Spurs, I wanted the stallions. I wanted them so the Pistons could beat them, I wanted them for revenge, I wanted them b/c they are good, I wanted them b/c their fans are great and deserve multiple Finals appearences, I wanted them b/c they have substance and aren't just fluff and filler. I wanted them b/c I can smell a great rivalry between them. I wanted them b/c if and when the Pistons make the Finals, I wanted it to be Pistons and the Spurs, not Pistons and the Dallas Cubans. I wanted them b/c if the Pistons lose in the ECF, either Gary Payton, Jason Williams, and Antione Walker, or Keith Van Horn and Jerry Stackhouse will most likely get a ring (I know 'bout PHX, but they aren't winning it all, sorry to say) I wanted them b/c the Spurs are my second favroite team in the league.

G-Money
05-22-2006, 11:58 PM
For me, it wasnt all that big of a deal. I mean I respect the Spurs way more then the Mavs. It would have also been nice to have the rematch but really for me it all comes down to the Pistons winning the championship no matter who we face.

But yeah Spurs/Pistons 2 would have been a sweet rematch.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
05-23-2006, 12:00 AM
It really made no difference to me. Just win baby...

spur219
05-23-2006, 09:09 AM
The better team always wins in a 7 game series.

Vinnie_Johnson
05-23-2006, 09:18 AM
Pissed and Sad for you guys but we still have games to play.

leemajors
05-23-2006, 09:29 AM
let's go pistons!

JamStone
05-23-2006, 09:56 AM
Not happy the Spurs lost.

But, not upset, pissed off, and certainly not devastated.

Would have been nice for the Pistons and Spurs to play in the Finals again. And, I among many Pistons fans like the Spurs and most Spurs fans, but ultimately, at least for me, it's about the Pistons.

I'm not happy that the Spurs lost. But, I would have felt the same today had the Spurs won. Doesn't matter who the Pistons play if they win it all. But, I know other Pistons fans feel differently.

WayDowntownBang
05-23-2006, 10:09 AM
It's hard to say. I wanted the Spurs to win, because I'm a fan of the way they play. I'm bummed out that we're not going to get that, but I wouldn't call it 'mad'.

freedom&justice
05-23-2006, 10:14 AM

No, I'm not happy they lost, because I hate the dumb mavs. Not to mention the fact that if the pistons meet them in the finals we'll have to deal with mavs fan trolls on top of all the other trolls already cluttering up our board. :pctoss
we'll have to deal with Cuban then, too, and that's just as bad as getting a root canal. Plus, I think the pistons actually really wanted to meet the spurs in the finals, and I'm sure you know why.

HULKAROCK
05-23-2006, 10:27 AM
We'll take Mark Cuban and the Cavs and finish the job.
The Motown Machine has it's eyes set on Miami.
I'm a little dissapointed that the Spurs didn't make it, all becasue of the obvious reasons, but we have no time to morn for a team losing, but must focus our attention on the prize!!!
THE DETROIT PISTONS WILL BE YOUR 2006 NBA CHAMPIONS!!

DarkReign
05-23-2006, 10:28 AM
I'm not mad. Just a little bummed we dont get the preferred rematch.

But, sorry Spurs, the better team won. Mavs are looking awesome right now. But then again, I think youre coach shot you in the foot with 'small-ball'. That was the worst defense I have ever seen SA play. Ever. Thats why you lost.

But, Pistons and Mavs arent there yet. Pistons have to focus on Miami tonight. This series is either going to be a cake-walk or a battle one notch below Mavs/Spurs. Pistons in 6.

Mavs in 5 against Suns, btw.

Setting up for lots of mark-fucking-Cuban spouting off at the mouth. I cant believe they sold this child a franchise. I bet he is going to be reeeeeeal original with comments like "Detroit better hope Detroit doesnt win it, theyll burn it down!" Or another original joke like "Detroit is full of abandoned buildings." Or heres another gem "How can it be cold in June? God, Detroit sucks!"

Seriously, if he starts making comments like that he ought to double-up his body guards.

If its Mavs/Heat, the NBA wins. Two sunny locations with Shaq in the mix. It would ratings heaven.

:sigh

x0xbillupsx0x
05-23-2006, 10:29 AM
i wanted the spurs in the finals i hate mark cuban and his whinny a$$
going to the media crying about fouls in every series to get a advantage in the playoffs!

abmccray
05-23-2006, 11:04 AM
I thought the Spurs were an easier matchup - a 5 game series at max, mainly because the Pistons were so focused on them and wanted it more. Even still, if Detroit had lost, I wouldn't have minded seeing San Antonio with the trophy. I like keeping the championships spread between a few teams, I like the Spurs organization and fans - many Spurs fans are used to winning over the years and not bandwagoners like Pistons fans. And I like the idea of a new Lakers/Celtics type rivalry.

So, no, not happy the Spurs lost at all.

Roscoe and the Body
05-23-2006, 11:11 AM
Nah, I wanted Spurs Vs Piston II to ensure that the streak of only five franchises winning the NBA title since '86-'87.

Lakers, Pistons, Bulls, Rockets and Spurs...

himat
05-23-2006, 02:39 PM
I was rooting for Spurs to beat the Mavs. I was dissapointed that they lost especially at home.

Bob Lanier
05-23-2006, 02:42 PM
Not particularly. I enjoy watching the Spurs, and, of course, I thought they'd be an easier matchup than the Mavs.

With the one, I'd give the Pistons a 75% chance of winning the championship. With the other, maybe 25-30%.

IndyJoker
05-23-2006, 03:00 PM
I wanted the Spurs to win. Even though I am a huge Detroit fan, I like to see good basketball. I don't feel the end of the season is going to be real tough. I put more stock in Miami putting up a good series than Dallas/Pho. The Spurs were it. They were the champs. They were the only team able to beat us last year and they did. I wanted a good series. The rest of this year is just a formality until they start stitching up the next Detroit World Champions 2005-2006 banner.

wsdp
05-23-2006, 03:18 PM
I'll admit, I was thinking of this forum last night while screaming my a$$ off when Finley hit that 3 in the final minute... I'm very bummed... I was really looking forward to another Pistons/Spurs final... Honestly I don't think the Mavs match-up with the Suns very well... I like the Suns to take the West although there's no doubt in my mind the Spurs would have trounced Phoenix.

MANU GINOBALKI
05-24-2006, 01:18 AM
I wanted the rematch. But I can't lie I'm glad you didn't win in a way because I think we beat the Mavs in 6. Where as with the Spurs it would have gone 7 again. But I thought we would win the Championship either way.

I wanted a rematch because IMO that was the best series I ever saw last year(In terms of competetiveness) and my team lost.

Shut up Bob Lanier you are a poor excuse for a Pistons fan stop saying the Mavs will beat us. You're a fucking moron. If you like the Mavs so much go root for them.

TonyC
05-24-2006, 01:45 AM
No, I'm not happy they lost, because I hate the dumb mavs. Not to mention the fact that if the pistons meet them in the finals we'll have to deal with mavs fan trolls on top of all the other trolls already cluttering up our board. :pctoss
we'll have to deal with Cuban then, too, and that's just as bad as getting a root canal. Plus, I think the pistons actually really wanted to meet the spurs in the finals, and I'm sure you know why.

Once again....scared of the mavs?? Get ready, I bet the Pistons don't give a shit who they play...

TonyC
05-24-2006, 01:49 AM
How to I get to a pistons board anyway?? Just for future reference??

Louie Vega
05-24-2006, 01:51 AM
Thanks for the love Pistons fans and it is good to see that we are not the only ones who can't stand the mavs. I hope you guys beat the Heat. I would love to see the Pistons take the mavs apart. Good Luck Pistons!

ponky
05-24-2006, 01:52 AM
tonyc do a search for pistonstalk on google, it's really a very entertaining board

as for all the pistons fans who wax poetic about the spurs, newsflash: the heat are not the cavs

East Coast Babe
05-24-2006, 03:37 AM
I don't know who to root for in the west now. If it's the Suns, we take them apart easy. Maybe 5 games at most. Mavs are different story. If they get that far they are going to want it and we will have more trouble. At least 6 with them.

zocool16
05-24-2006, 04:08 AM
F the Pistons gosh I don't want anyone to win it... if the Mavs win ill be pissed cuz they just shouldn't win a title (what the hell? I don't feel they are championship-worthy IMO). If the Pistons win...geez I don't want them to be the defending champions again....if the Heat win...I don't want Shaq to get a fourth title...and if the Suns win....well we all know that's just not possible...

Darrin
05-24-2006, 05:41 AM

Not this Pistons' fan. I know too much history. When the Pistons finally beat the Celtics, they put the defending Champions down 3-2, and the Lakers needed a severely sprained ankle by Isiah Thomas (he still managed to score 13 of his NBA Finals-record 25 points in the third quarter), a little help from the referees (a bogus foul on Laimbeer that sent Kareem to the line and put the Lakers up one in the waning seconds), and a short-armed point-blank shot from Joe Dumars (he was 8 feet from the rim) to force a game seven, and not surrender their title to the Pistons in the Great Western Forum.

When the Bulls finally beat the Pistons, they survived a game one loss and the end of home-court advantage to beat the more experienced LA Lakers in five games.

When the Spurs finally beat the 3-Time Defending Champion Lakers, they sent David Robinson out in style with series wins over the Mavs and Nets for the NBA Championship.

I guarantee that the Dallas Mavericks feel lady luck is on their side. And the total belief that they are destined for an NBA title will make it tougher to break their backs.

But we're presuming too much. The Pistons need four wins against the Miami Heat. Before that happens, it's not Detroit's problem or Detroit's relief. The Heat have played an entire season to get here - to beat the Pistons.

I bring this up because if the series ends the way Miami wants, it's not Shaquille O'Neal's team I will be cheering for. And if it's Miami and Phoenix, well, I'll let Spurstalk choose which team I want to win because I couldn't be less interested in a Finals' series. I couldn't be more disinterested in that potential matchup if Atlanta and Portland were in the 2006 Finals.

jochhejaam
05-24-2006, 06:52 AM

Neither, just feel bad for the Spurs fans in this forum that the seasons over this soon. Too bad the two best teams in the West had to square off in the conference semi-finals.

(If we don't pick up the pace we could very well be joining you on the sidelines)