PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Tim

TDfan2007
05-22-2006, 11:54 PM
The guy poured his guts out on the floor tonight and came up short...again. I've never seen him play so well in my life (I've been watching since 2001) and I must say that I'm proud that we were able to take the Mavs best and nearly shove it right back down their throats, just one bad foul at the end of the game prevented that.

btw for those who want to know here are Tim's stats for game 7:

41 pts 15 rbs 6 ast 3 blk

The man is a beast. Too bad Tony/Bruce/Barry decided to take tonight off.

greens
05-22-2006, 11:57 PM
It was not only Tony/Bruce/Barry who took the night off...Manu made the BIGGEST mistake of his life by fouling Dirk when he did not need to since we were UP by THREE...

Either way, everyone makes STUPID mistakes, that's part of life. Our team is amazing, but they are nowhere perfect...

BUT Tim was UNBELIEVABLE...He gave it his ALL...And I'm so proud of the THREE time MVP of the NBA finals...Everyone saw how amazing he was. He had the game of his career...BUT the truth is that you need a TEAM to win, not one player...

Timmy, you did everything you could have possibly done. You carried your team. You kept us alive. I guess it was just not our time to shine.

4001 STEREO SPUR
05-23-2006, 12:11 AM
Tim was so awesome!

What a shame.

Leetonidas
05-23-2006, 12:17 AM
I don't know where you got the idea that Tony took the night off, but Bruce definately cost us by missing those wide open threes.

DDS4
05-23-2006, 12:18 AM
True Warrior.

flipcritic
05-23-2006, 12:36 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_blogs/nba/playoffs/2006/2006/05/dallas-deserved-to-win-classic.html

And Tim Duncan, in spite of what happened in overtime, was as good as anyone you've ever seen in a playoff game. If you've never had plantar fasciitis before, it's hard to understand just how much pain Tim was in this season. The pain never goes away, it affects you every time you plant, walk, run, or jump. It's a searing, sometimes-crippling pain that affects just about everything you do. Tim was hurt during these playoffs, never forget that. Plantar issues don't go away unless you hit the shelf for a few months, and somehow he rose above. Way above. 25.9 points (on 57 percent shooting), 10.5 boards, 3.3 assists, and three blocks in the postseason for Tim, playing 37.8 minutes per game. On one foot. That's a man, right there.

A-Train
05-23-2006, 12:37 AM
Here's to signing that elusive free agent...Health this summer.

loveforthegame
05-23-2006, 12:42 AM
No complaints about Timmy's playoff run. He was a monster. It's a shame he ran out of gas in OT and couldn't get a little help from others.

velik_m
05-23-2006, 12:45 AM
tim is the best!

charmie21
05-23-2006, 12:46 AM
love him, so much.

milkyway21
05-23-2006, 12:52 AM
DON'T WORRY TIM, IT'S NOT THE END OF THE ROAD FOR YOU YET. GO REST YOUR FEET AND YOUR ANKLES. YOU CARRY THE SPURS ON YOUR SHOULDERS, YOU JUST CAN'T CARRY THEM ALL

YOU DIDN'T WIN BUT YOU CONTRIBUTED TO THIS GAME MORE THAN WE COULD HOPE FOR THAT YOU SHLD NOT BE ASHAMED OF.

YOU'RE STILL OUR LEADING MAN! JUST THINK OF THE 3 CHAMPIONSHIPS AND YOU'LL BE OKAY!

http://images.sportsline.com/u/photos/basketball/nba/img9455103.jpg

spurs_in_7
05-23-2006, 01:15 AM
tim is the shi*, in spite of his choke job down the stretch

rayray2k8
05-23-2006, 01:16 AM
Hes a living legend in my book.
Big up Timmy. :tu
You're still carrying this team.
fuck parker, and his ho of a girlfriend.

DuncanInYourFace
05-23-2006, 01:17 AM
The media was talking about Dirk Dirk Dirk, but Tim Duncan was flat-out AWESOME the whole series. MVP of the series no doubt.

Budkin
05-23-2006, 01:18 AM
Timmy D is a God among men. So glad to see him back!

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-23-2006, 01:19 AM
Tim puts all those doubters and the "washed up " talk to shame. I hope he comes back with a vengeance this coming SEASON and unleash his MVP game on the rest of the LEAGUE...

We just need to sign a couple Long Players. One GREAT BIG, and One long SF to help him out come on...Can't do this to Timmy...I miss his game already. He deserves to play til June every year!!!

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-23-2006, 01:23 AM
Hes a living legend in my book.
Big up Timmy. :tu
You're still carrying this team.
fuck parker, and his ho of a girlfriend.
I like the Timmy Franchise. This year was a test run for a Parker franchise. I don't think a Parker run franchise would cut it. 63 wins is nice but it's no TITLE-- he's a glamour boy :lol hence Eva....

More Timmy - Manu tandem NEXT year we need to build our scheme around them to get the 4th ring... 4th ring for Timmy.

clubalien
05-23-2006, 01:25 AM
dirk couldn't miss. dirk should have got the mvp this year insted of nash repeating

DuncanInYourFace
05-23-2006, 01:26 AM
Duncan needs another reliable big to help him out there though, I think that's what this series proved

jamezyjamez
05-23-2006, 01:26 AM
I liked Tony Parker in Lord of the Rings! He's the cutest hobbit-elf ever!

baseline bum
05-23-2006, 01:30 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_blogs/nba/playoffs/2006/2006/05/dallas-deserved-to-win-classic.html

And Tim Duncan, in spite of what happened in overtime, was as good as anyone you've ever seen in a playoff game. If you've never had plantar fasciitis before, it's hard to understand just how much pain Tim was in this season. The pain never goes away, it affects you every time you plant, walk, run, or jump. It's a searing, sometimes-crippling pain that affects just about everything you do. Tim was hurt during these playoffs, never forget that. Plantar issues don't go away unless you hit the shelf for a few months, and somehow he rose above. Way above. 25.9 points (on 57 percent shooting), 10.5 boards, 3.3 assists, and three blocks in the postseason for Tim, playing 37.8 minutes per game. On one foot. That's a man, right there.

This guy is easily the top PF in NBA History, and probably one of the top 10-15 all-time at any position.

TDMVPDPOY
05-23-2006, 01:32 AM
we should tank next season and draft oden, i hate seeing duncans output goin to waste with clowns like tp/manu on the team, then our bench, these either turn up late or dont even turn up :(:(

texas84
05-23-2006, 01:34 AM
Duncan was a beast. I do feel he got help from the refs, but I'm sure anyone from a different team will feel that way. For example, in the fourth quarter, Dirk is on the floor and it's him and Duncan going one on one. The way fouls had been called on Diop/Dampier/Van Horn, I felt for sure Dirk was going to get calls #4,5, and 6 in quick succession. But, he kept guarding him like our other guys... and no calls.

Having said that tho, Duncan is a true leader and I think Dirk is on his way towards becoming what Duncan already is. Even if we don't win the whole thing this year.

DuncanInYourFace
05-23-2006, 01:37 AM
Duncan was a beast. I do feel he got help from the refs, but I'm sure anyone from a different team will feel that way. For example, in the fourth quarter, Dirk is on the floor and it's him and Duncan going one on one. The way fouls had been called on Diop/Dampier/Van Horn, I felt for sure Dirk was going to get calls #4,5, and 6 in quick succession. But, he kept guarding him like our other guys... and no calls.

Having said that tho, Duncan is a true leader and I think Dirk is on his way towards becoming what Duncan already is. Even if we don't win the whole thing this year.

Yea, refs swallowed the whistle at the most random times that game

Mavs<Spurs
05-23-2006, 02:08 AM
Tim Duncan played like the multiple MVP winner he is. 41 points on 50 % from field with 15 boards and 6 assists and playing almost 50 minutes.

He showed that he is still the same amazing brilliant player that we all know and love.

What a great postseason for Tim.

I agree that this did show that Tim needed help from another big. Our bigs were too much both of an offensive liability (no production) and a defensive liability in terms of match up problems.

Tim still looks like the best player of the playoffs of 2006!

toosmallshoes
05-23-2006, 02:15 AM
Don't forget that he had 0 rebounds in the first half if I remember correctly. That makes his 15 rebounds even more impressive.

angel_luv
05-23-2006, 02:16 AM
Love to the Timmy! :)

team-work
05-23-2006, 02:36 AM
Tim already gave what he could, and there's no regret when looking back later on. (Of course the pain of not able to repeat the championship will hurt him, Manu and the rest of the team for a while.)

I love the sportsmanship when Tim and Dirk "bear-hugged" each other at the end.

Now time for front-office to work and see if Holt is willing to open up his wallet. The series did expose Spurs' weaknesses, demanding lineup changes so frequent and drastic that were not seen before.

CPIM
05-23-2006, 04:04 AM
The guy poured his guts out on the floor tonight and came up short...again. I've never seen him play so well in my life (I've been watching since 2001) and I must say that I'm proud that we were able to take the Mavs best and nearly shove it right back down their throats, just one bad foul at the end of the game prevented that.

BS, Duncan is BS. He cries to referees too much. He is a referee made star.

See you Duncan. I know you are good. So what?

FIBA sucks. :fro
No, I did not touch him..... :princess

BS

spursmike.
05-23-2006, 04:15 AM
Tim Duncan = MVP
He is a great, great, great player

Horry For 3!
05-23-2006, 04:17 AM

The main 3, Tony, Manu, Timmy did their thing. Even Bruce and Finley contributed. Everyone else did zip, 0, nothing.

I don't know where the hell Horry was the whole series and not making any 3s :depressed

TDMVPDPOY
05-23-2006, 04:19 AM
td will be more focused next season :D, pop should change the first option back to td and the offensive system, tp should be last option or 3rd behind gino.

CTW_Cowboy
05-23-2006, 04:25 AM
bah - forget what that Hawks fan said (from Seattle maybe?)

anyway, I've never much cared for Duncan til this year, this playoff series. As an outsider looking in; to me it just felt like he displayed that extra something vs Dallas - like the Spurs were destined to win - a bit like Favre's aura fter his father died.

I dunno, I just always thought of him as soft even after last years finals, moments when he let your team down (free throws and whatnot).

Well, he is a special player and you're lucky to have him.

greyforest
05-23-2006, 04:42 AM
Tim is the basis of our team. I was worried about him this season, but my fears were put to rest when Playoff Tim was reborn.

Time to make some adjustments and build a team that will dismantle dallas next season.

Carie
05-23-2006, 04:44 AM
He is a referee made star.
:lmao

Damn, I know...if only he were talented we might have a shot.

T-Pain
05-23-2006, 04:54 AM

41 points, damn. In a losing effort. Thanks Timmy!!! Lookin forward to seein you next year!!!

croatian_spurs_fan
05-23-2006, 07:38 AM
I can only say that Timmy is the biggest player I ever saw.....Congratulations to Kobe,Wade and all others but Tim is THE GREATEST....He is awsome....

Go Timmy...beat them all.....alone or with others.....(hope the second)

abelle23
05-23-2006, 09:56 AM
thank you timmy..
its one hell of a season with you playing hurt ....

but you carried us thorugh the playoffs...

hes the beast

Duncanoypi
05-23-2006, 10:28 AM
Thanks Big Fundamental...thanks!....my idol for life...

ballhog
05-23-2006, 10:33 AM
The media was talking about Dirk Dirk Dirk, but Tim Duncan was flat-out AWESOME the whole series. MVP of the series no doubt.

Yeah, all that talk of Dirk, and nobody says a thing about him if Ginobili hits that layup at the end of regulation. That's how funny it really is? Dirk hasn't won anything yet. The playoffs are only half done.

kobyz
05-23-2006, 11:03 AM
timmy is the greatest active player in the nba, i'm sure that if he was healthy we will be in the final. i'm glad for every second that timmy is in our team, and i just love him for what he do for us

spur219
05-23-2006, 11:06 AM
You are my favorite player Duncan for so many other reasons that your playing style but the character you have. Continue to work hard and you will continue to excel in everything that you do.

FromWayDowntown
05-23-2006, 11:11 AM
We Spurs fans are extremely fortunate to get to see Tim Duncan play night-in and night-out. To question him and his effort, after the way he played this season, is ludicrous, I think. When it has mattered for the Spurs, Tim Duncan has shown up and excelled. He did it again in these playoffs and in Game 7.

Doc Jerome
05-23-2006, 11:12 AM
TD is the truth. Enjoy while we can.
Thanks TD.

fraga
05-23-2006, 11:15 AM
:worthy: Tim Duncan

degenerate_gambler
05-23-2006, 11:18 AM
The greatest Spur of 'em all.

Sorry Ice.

louie1674
05-23-2006, 11:21 AM
I am sorry, I love Tim but for god sake make your damn free throws. :cuss

horryhader
05-23-2006, 12:12 PM
I love Timmy too, because he missed two game winning shots, if not more, in this series. Go MAVS!!!

mgtptdmvp
05-23-2006, 12:54 PM
seriously i dont think ill watch basketball after he retires.

TIM=MAN

flipcritic
05-23-2006, 01:17 PM
seriously i dont think ill watch basketball after he retires.

TIM=MAN

I know what you mean. I was a Hakeem Olajuwon fan ever since 87. And when the Rockets began their slide, I didn't know what big man of great class and leadership I could look to to still enjoy watching the NBA.

Tim Duncan is a godsend. There'll never be another Timmy, and Lord do I dread the day he retires.

CubanMustGo
05-23-2006, 02:03 PM
I love Timmy too, because he missed two game winning shots, if not more, in this series.

Same number as Dirk, IIRC. Try to show a little more class than your owner, OK?

spurs_666
05-23-2006, 02:09 PM
Tim is really good, no one can really guard him, really. He's just need to stop the whining.

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/oly_full.getty-57534035ce012_mavs_spurs.jpg

Tim after every foul call: "Honestly, it's not me!"

Nikos
05-23-2006, 02:20 PM
Tim looked like himself this series. I was very happy to see this, I really missed watching the old Tim Duncan. For these 7 games, he looked great. It was tough to watch him miss those last 4-5 shots....but the guy was flat out awesome this series. Better than Dirk even by a decent margin. And Dirk was very good himself getting rebounds and hitting clutch FT after clutch FT.

Props to Timmy. And I really want him to dominate next season like he did in the playoffs. I don't like watching him plod along in the regular season.

Condemned 2 HelLA
05-23-2006, 03:11 PM
Tim was just off the chart AWESOME this series!
Mere words wouldn't do the description justice!

ShoogarBear
05-23-2006, 03:33 PM
One other tidbit: Duncan didn't get his first rebound until late. I want to say not until the second quarter. Still finished with 15.

degenerate_gambler
05-23-2006, 03:40 PM
One other tidbit: Duncan didn't get his first rebound until late. I want to say not until the second quarter. Still finished with 15.

I think the today's paper said it was around the 8 or 9 minute mark in the third quarter which makes his final total even more amazing.