PDA

View Full Version : Detroit fans > Dallas fans

Mavs<Spurs
05-23-2006, 12:17 AM
Detroit obviously has the much better team. I don't see any way at all in which you can win.

There exist exactly zero offensive mismatches for Dallas against Detroit.
Good luck with that!!!

Detroit is also the much classier organization. Sheed may get Teed up every once in a while but I don't see him hitting some one in the groin.

Finally, Detroit's fans are much cooler than Dallas' fans. They have shown respect, knowledge and class the entire time they have been here. Unfortunately, Dallas' fans like its owner has been the exact opposite. We would still have cheered for the Pistons no matter what. However, this kind of antipathy and acrimony didn't have to take place. Terry's cheap shot was emblematic of the players and their fans (most of them ).

Go Pistons!!!

Mavtek
05-23-2006, 12:18 AM
Sore loser!

The Genius
05-23-2006, 12:19 AM
I once asked a great man, "What's the meaning of life?"

He goes, "6-pack, rolaids, and a library card."

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
05-23-2006, 12:20 AM
Detroit and Dallas are going to have their hands full in the CF. It wouldn't surprise me to see a Heat/Suns Final(Stern's wet dream).

spurs_in_7
05-23-2006, 12:22 AM
Detroit obviously has the much better team. I don't see any way at all in which you can win.

There exist exactly zero offensive mismatches for Dallas against Detroit.
Good luck with that!!!

Detroit is also the much classier organization. Sheed may get Teed up every once in a while but I don't see him hitting some one in the groin.

Finally, Detroit's fans are much cooler than Dallas' fans. They have shown respect, knowledge and class the entire time they have been here. Unfortunately, Dallas' fans like its owner has been the exact opposite. We would still have cheered for the Pistons no matter what. However, this kind of antipathy and acrimony didn't have to take place. Terry's cheap shot was emblematic of the players and their fans (most of them ).

Go Pistons!!!

you dont have idea or you are lying yourself

Holmes_Fans
05-23-2006, 12:22 AM
Sore loser!

DubMcDub
05-23-2006, 12:23 AM
Yeah Detroit is obviously a city, a team, and a fanbase known for its class :lol :lol :lol.

x0xbillupsx0x
05-23-2006, 12:26 AM
Yeah Detroit is obviously a city, a team, and a fanbase known for its class :lol :lol :lol.
yeah just like dallas having a owner who spends more time crying to the media about fouls then he does his own arena!
crying got him this far!
and btw detroit doesn't play in the city of detroit.they play in one of the richest and classiest communities in the country!
your the weakest link goodbye!

pking
05-23-2006, 12:28 AM
Seems like everybody hate the Mavs because of Cuban. That sucks. Mavs fans, in general, aren't that bad. The jackasses that come here to talk shit...yea, annoying. But overall, not too bad. The team is not full of whiners. They have a great coach. Dallas is a great city.

It sucks that everybody wants to diss the Mavs just because of their outspoken owner. Ohh well.

x0xbillupsx0x
05-23-2006, 12:30 AM
Seems like everybody hate tje Mavs because of Cuban. That sucks. Mavs fans, in general, aren't that bad. The jackasses that come here to talk shit...yea, annoying. But overall, not too bad. The team is not full of whiners. They have a great coach. Dallas is a great city.

It sucks that everybody wants to diss the Mavs just because of their outspoken owner. Ohh well.

yeah cause him crying has paid off this far!
refs felt like they could take off 5 seconds of regulation and not call obvious fouls!
try a cry baby owner who will go to any measure to get advantages in a series!

Holmes_Fans
05-23-2006, 12:30 AM
He spends more time crying to the media about fouls then he does to his arena? That makes no sense at all.

Has he even said anything about the officials this series? AJ is the only person who slightly touched on the subject. Then you have timmy complaining after every call in the game and in the media.

x0xbillupsx0x
05-23-2006, 12:31 AM
He spends more time crying to the media about fouls then he does to his arena? That makes no sense at all.

Has he even said anything about the officials this series? AJ is the only person who slightly touched on the subject. Then you have timmy complaining after every call in the game and in the media.
lmao where have you been?
when does mark cuban not cry about officials?
he even got a fine for crying!

05-23-2006, 12:32 AM
Seems like everybody hate tje Mavs because of Cuban. That sucks. Mavs fans, in general, aren't that bad. The jackasses that come here to talk shit...yea, annoying. But overall, not too bad. The team is not full of whiners. They have a great coach. Dallas is a great city.

He has chronic diarrhea of the mouth. There's nothing you can do about it...

Aren't you Mav Fans tired of his act?

DubMcDub
05-23-2006, 12:33 AM

That damn young and energetic bastard! How dare he be so outspoken.
:lol :rolleyes

Holmes_Fans
yeah cause him crying has paid off this far!
refs felt like they could take off 5 seconds of regulation and not call obvious fouls!
Were you watching the game? I'm not the one to bitch about fouls, but Popovich had his hands up the refs ass and was controlling him the entire 2nd and 3rd quarter.

And refs never call anything in the final seconds, Dirk was pulled down by Tony in the end of game 6 and Howard was ran over Manu when he had the ball in his hands at the end of game 7.

The better team won the series, don't go an pull a Matt Leinart thinking the spurs are still the best team in the league and the mavericks were only good that night.

jamezyjamez

Heheh. Detroit's awesome D had trouble stopping ONE PLAYER. I don't think crying about fouls is a fair topic. If TD would keep his hands up on D like he does when he is whining, he may not have as many fouls. I respect the guys game, but come on, bro....

Have you never committed a foul? Have you ever missed a shot - or is it just when you get fouled? Like I said, I respect TD's game - but lost some respect for the person this series.

x0xbillupsx0x
05-23-2006, 12:35 AM
Were you watching the game? I'm not the one to bitch about fouls, but Popovich had his hands up the refs ass and was controlling him the entire 2nd and 3rd quarter.

And refs never call anything in the final seconds, Dirk was pulled down by Tony in the end of game 6 and Howard was ran over Manu when he had the ball in his hands at the end of game 7.

The better team won the series, don't go an pull a Matt Leinart thinking the spurs are still the best team in the league and the mavericks were only good that night.
were the refs having a coffee break with 5 seconds left in regulation when spurs were driving to the hoop not once but twice and got slapped and not one foul was called?
even the people covering the call said it was a clear missed call!

05-23-2006, 12:36 AM
That damn young and energetic bastard! How dare he be so outspoken.
:lol :rolleyes

And that's exactly why people don't like him...

x0xbillupsx0x
05-23-2006, 12:37 AM
Heheh. Detroit's awesome D had trouble stopping ONE PLAYER. I don't think crying about fouls is a fair topic. If TD would keep his hands up on D like he does when he is whining, he may not have as many fouls. I respect the guys game, but come on, bro....

Have you never committed a foul? Have you ever missed a shot - or is it just when you get fouled? Like I said, I respect TD's game - but lost some respect for the person this series.
one player?
cavs has more then 2 people in double digits how does that account to one player?
check the box score b4 making stupid threads dear!

Mavtek
05-23-2006, 12:37 AM
Last I checked the Pistons had to go to a game 7 against the 4th seed in the Leastern conference. Now they gotta play Shaq and Wade, I think maybe they should STFU and come back to us when they win that series.

x0xbillupsx0x
05-23-2006, 12:39 AM
Last I checked the Pistons had to go to a game 7 against the 4th seed in the Leastern conference. Now they gotta play Shaq and Wade, I think maybe they should STFU and come back to us when they win that series.
last time i checked pistons have a title and mavs have 0:)
last 2 times pistons went to the finals they went to game 7's previous to reaching the finals and where were mavs?fishing?

Holmes_Fans
were the refs having a coffee break with 5 seconds left in regulation when spurs were driving to the hoop not once but twice and got slapped and not one foul was called?
even the people covering the call said it was a clear missed call!
I know you are just one lone person, but you are making yourself look like an idiot if you honestly think the spurs lost the game because of the refs.

This coming from a fan of the team that has never been to the Finals...?

:rollin

pking

Personally, I'm a Cuban fan. He says some dumbass shit sometimes. He acts like a fool and a kid, but overall...I like him. He's brought good basketball (whether you guys want to acknowledge that it's good basketball or not) to this city. The atmosphere at the AAC is phenomenal and Cuban is to thank for alot of that. He's fun, he's goofy.

I am tired of the city, the team, the fans, the staff...everything having to do with the organization...being dissed just because people don't like the kookie owner. Sometimes I think he should keep is mouth shut (IE comments about the Riverwalk and the like) but I like that he's not afraid to go all out. He's a billionaire who likes to have fun with his money.

I think it's weak that people try to say he pays the refs and shit. The league front office hates Cuban as much as you guys do.

In all honesty, a lot of his 'whining' is his attempt to make the officiating better as a whole. I read something not too long ago where he was even pointing out missed calls that would've gone AGAINST his team.

He said in a recent interview that people assume he sends video into the league after every game to ask the league about missed calls/no calls but actually, he hasn't sent anything in over a year.

x0xbillupsx0x
05-23-2006, 12:42 AM
I know you are just one lone person, but you are making yourself look like an idiot if you honestly think the spurs lost the game because of the refs.
explain why their was no foul called when tony was clearly slapped on the arm
driving to the hoop with 4 seconds left in regulation.
and dont say he wasn't fouled when even the experts and people covering the game admitted he was clearly fouled!

PK, nothing wrong with that. But you also understand that we only see Cuban at his, I hope, absolute worst. Snyder is considered a maverick NFL owner but at least he keeps his mouth shut in the media...

pking
last time i checked pistons have a title and mavs have 0:)
last 2 times pistons went to the finals they went to game 7's previous to reaching the finals and where were mavs?fishing?

I like this one.

Ah, man...don't come with weak insults about a team that's won the championship recently and is obviously still a badass team.

They won it. Who gives a shit how many games the series went.

x0xbillupsx0x
05-23-2006, 12:44 AM
Personally, I'm a Cuban fan. He says some dumbass shit sometimes. He acts like a fool and a kid, but overall...I like him. He's brought good basketball (whether you guys want to acknowledge that it's good basketball or not) to this city. The atmosphere at the AAC is phenomenal and Cuban is to thank for alot of that. He's fun, he's goofy.

I am tired of the city, the team, the fans, the staff...everything having to do with the organization...being dissed just because people don't like the kookie owner. Sometimes I think he should keep is mouth shut (IE comments about the Riverwalk and the like) but I like that he's not afraid to go all out. He's a billionaire who likes to have fun with his money.

I think it's weak that people try to say he pays the refs and shit. The league front office hates Cuban as much as you guys do.

In all honesty, a lot of his 'whining' is his attempt to make the officiating better as a whole. I read something not too long ago where he was even pointing out missed calls that would've gone AGAINST his team.

He said in a recent interview that people assume he sends video into the league after every game to ask the league about missed calls/no calls but actually, he hasn't sent anything in over a year.
his whinning definitly braught good offciating gone his way!
and it only cost about 15 grand which is chump change for him to get every call his way!congrats!

pking
05-23-2006, 12:45 AM
PK, nothing wrong with that. But you also understand that we only see Cuban at his, I hope, absolute worst. Snyder is considered a maverick NFL owner but at least he keeps his mouth shut in the media...

I understand. I can definently see why fans of other teams don't like him. I just wish the fans of the other teams didn't assume Dallas is all bad just because of their crazy owner.

Cuban really has done some great things but I understand why that doesn't matter to fans of other teams.

x0xbillupsx0x
05-23-2006, 12:46 AM
I like this one.

Ah, man...don't come with weak insults about a team that's won the championship recently and is obviously still a badass team.

They won it. Who gives a shit how many games the series went.
weak insults?
ohh you mean like the pistons had to beat cavs in 7 games?
check pistons history with their last 2 final apearances (while mavs for fishing)and see how many games they went b4 entering the finals!
leave it to a mavs fan to say entering the finals is weak.
one thing that wont change pistons already proved it and mavs still need too:)

Holmes_Fans
and dont say he wasn't fouled when even the experts and people covering the game admitted he was clearly fouled!
Quit kidding yourself man. I know you have probably only been watching the NBA since Detroit got good, but since the beginning of the league refs 95% of the time never call fouls in the last few seconds. If that was the case the series would of been over in game 5 when Dirk was pulled by Tony on the last play. The last 5 seconds is decided by the players, Parker had the brain to know that if he didn't stop Dirk his momentum would of been able to push the ball in.

Seriously spurs fans get this guy to shut up. I was happy to see 99% of y'all congradulate the mavs and not bitch about the refs, then this guy comes along and acts like an idiot.

pking
Honestly, dude...that's weak. Weak.

Did you WATCH the entire game?

jamezyjamez
05-23-2006, 12:47 AM

Those same experts who picked the Pistons to sweep the Cavs?

x0xbillupsx0x
05-23-2006, 12:48 AM
Quit kidding yourself man. I know you have probably only been watching the NBA since Detroit got good, but since the beginning of the league refs 95% of the time never call fouls in the last few seconds. If that was the case the series would of been over in game 5 when Dirk was pulled by Tony on the last play. The last 5 seconds is decided by the players, Parker had the brain to know that if he didn't stop Dirk his momentum would of been able to push the ball in.
still haven't answered my question!why was their no foul called?
dirk would have?
is that another opinion?

pking
05-23-2006, 12:48 AM
weak insults?
check pistons history with their last 2 final apearances (while mavs for fishing)and see how many games they went b4 entering the finals!

Nice how you completely misunderstood my comments and are now trying to make me feel like an idiot. Not exactly working considering that I wasn't telling YOU not to come with the weak insults...I was telling the Mav fan that was attempting to diss the Pistons for taking the series to 7 games. I was respecting your team.

x0xbillupsx0x
05-23-2006, 12:50 AM
Those same experts who picked the Pistons to sweep the Cavs?
lakers were supose to sweep detroit in 2004 we saw how that went!

x0xbillupsx0x
05-23-2006, 12:52 AM
Honestly, dude...that's weak. Weak.

Did you WATCH the entire game?
watching the entire game has nothing to do with a important no call with 4 seconds left in the game buddy!
and i did see the game where spurs game back from 20 down and got p1ssed on by a importaNT MISSED CALL!

05-23-2006, 12:53 AM

Seriously spurs fans get this guy to shut up. I was happy to see 99% of y'all congradulate the mavs and not bitch about the refs, then this guy comes along and acts like an idiot.

Who's kidding who? I can't believe you just wrote that considering Dirk got bailed out twice with less than 8 seconds left in the game...

Selective memory, eh?

Refs usually won't make a call with the under :10 to play. Usually.

pking
05-23-2006, 12:55 AM
Thanks for the whole.."Oh, I fucked up, misunderstood what you were saying. You were actually agreeing with me, saying that you liked my comeback and telling the Mav fan that they were a schmuck for acting like the Pistons were less mighty for extending the series to 7 games. My apologies for misreading your post and trying to make you feel like an ass because of my mistake."

Nice. Thanks.

texas84
05-23-2006, 12:56 AM
they play in one of the richest and classiest communities in the country!
your the weakest link goodbye!

Hmmm... so rich equals classy, am i correct??

Holmes_Fans
05-23-2006, 12:57 AM
Rich = spoiled and whiny

pking
05-23-2006, 12:58 AM
Rich = spoiled and whiny

Cubes! :lol

Sorry, had to.

05-23-2006, 01:05 AM
I really do think the Mavs/Pistons would be a great series. IMO, Detroit matches up better than SA does with the Mavs. Their athleticism would be put to the ultimate test, though...

Still a lot of hoop to be played before that scenario unfolds....

Mavs<Spurs
05-23-2006, 02:38 AM
I really do think the Mavs/Pistons would be a great series. IMO, Detroit matches up better than SA does with the Mavs. Their athleticism would be put to the ultimate test, though...

Still a lot of hoop to be played before that scenario unfolds....

I agree with this.

Teyshaun, Sheed and Ben can all guard Dirk very well.

Dirk would have to have an unbelievable game for it to be close. Frankly, I don't see how Dirk is going to be able to score and dominate the game against the Pistons front line.

Too many athletic and quick bigs who can defend well.

Bring in KVH won't help. Damp will be badly outplayed by Ben Wallace.
Certainly, Chauncey > Terry. Rip > Devin Harris or Marquis Daniels ....
Dirk neutralized by Sheed and Teyshaun = Josh Howard.

In the Finals, Dallas will struggle a lot on offense against Detroit. They will go stretches during most games where they will not score for 5 minutes.

Going big Dallas loses and Going small Dallas loses.

Good luck with the rebounding (at least any important ones).

Holmes_Fans
05-23-2006, 10:58 AM
What makes every detroit player so superior to every dallas player? If Detroit can beat Dallas so easily, then the Spurs would never have a chance because Detroit can shut down Duncan better than what Dallas did.

WayDowntownBang
05-23-2006, 11:04 AM

Hrm, let me see here.

Joe Dumars. Mark Cuban.

ForestBrain
05-23-2006, 11:06 AM
I like the Mavs, but their owner is obnoxious and he's an idiot. I don't like Terry, he showed very little class. I don't like Stackhouse either, he has no class. But I love everybody else. The Mavtalk people are pretty cool, except for a few of them. One is known as Silence is Golden, he's an idiot :P

Holmes_Fans
05-23-2006, 11:06 AM
Look up there! It's a plane, it's a bird, no it's a flying cup of beer.

evilr0b
05-23-2006, 11:07 AM
Yes Detroit fans are SOO much classier than Dallas fans. They burn their city everytime they win anything. Get over it Homers you lost.

At least you guys have a WNBA team....maybe Manu can wear a dress and redeem himself for that foul with 22.6 seconds left.

Thanks Manu.....You really do rule!

ndnjumpman
05-23-2006, 11:11 AM
weak insults?

too bad the eastern conference sucks...

BigBinBigD
05-23-2006, 11:15 AM

What about when he grabbed Dirk from behind on the last play of game 5? Payback is hell, huh Tony?

strangeweather
05-23-2006, 11:18 AM
I am tired of the city, the team, the fans, the staff...everything having to do with the organization...being dissed just because people don't like the kookie owner.

I respect the Mavs team and staff. They are a good organization, and they earned this victory.

I don't really have an opinion on the city of Dallas -- I haven't been there in 15 or 20 years.

I think the fans can sometimes be incredibly obnoxious, and I think it's partially because they take their cues from the owner. Like all teams, they have some core fans that are good folks.

I think Cuban is an embarrassment to himself, his team, the city of Dallas, and the NBA. But I don't blame anyone for that except Cuban himself.

spur219
05-23-2006, 11:21 AM
Most Piston fans here have shown great class and have been respectful ever since last seasons finals. And talk great about basketball. There are some few classy Mav fans here but in general I like the Piston fans better. They tend to show more respect just like their organization.