PDA

View Full Version : Bench minutes? Popovič try to prove something?

Kibic
05-23-2006, 12:32 AM
Well, he just did. Bad games against Kings was not enaugh. He was even better against Mavs. Bench did not play at all. Congrats!!

I just wonder, Why he did not try to prepare our 5 starters for this situation through the regular season. :)

He should try win regular season games with just 5 starters playing. We used to have god bench contribution.

Pop is just another hater.

Dario
05-23-2006, 01:46 PM
Its a mental mistake, he decides that he wants a certain 7 or 8 man rotation and he doesn't care if some of those have bad days. I was reading all about this small ball thing in this series, but in my opinion it was not about matchups, it was pop deciding the playoff lineup and sticking with it to the end... :(
Rather sad really, because spurs have far better bench than kings and/or dallas.

FromWayDowntown
05-23-2006, 02:24 PM
Just a quick question -- it's been asked elsewhere, but I'll repeat it here:

If Pop had played Rasho (or Mohammed), who would he have guarded once the Mavericks decided to play small ball? Seriously. I'd like to know.

If the point is not playing Beno, I think it's a slightly different question. But if the complaint is an unwillingness to play Rasho, I'd like to know what you think.

spurs_666
05-23-2006, 02:36 PM
Rather sad really, because spurs have far better bench than kings and/or dallas.

What? Mavs bench are way better than Spurs bench. We got Dampier, stackhouse, van horn, Daniels coming from bench. They can start in other team, believe that!! :elephant

Vashner
05-23-2006, 02:37 PM
It's not Pop's fault they didn't come thru... if you put someone in they should shine.. if they sux it's on them.

BgT
05-23-2006, 03:33 PM
It's not Pop's fault they didn't come thru... if you put someone in they should shine.. if they sux it's on them.
Bullshit. Rasho played one second. You should make up another excuse for Pop. ;)

Dario
05-24-2006, 03:15 AM
Its not about who would he guarded, if you play against small ball, you go to zone defense and leave your big center inside for whoever comes for layups or let them shoot long jumpers. And it helps you eitherway, you get more rebounds and you can kill them on offense, because they have noone who can guard your big.
Vasher, you probably did not see any playoff game this year. If marks didn't play, he must suck right? So if pop sudenly decides and put duncan on the bench for entire playoffs, he sux. Its not like the bench messed it up in this series - they didn't play, starters messed it up.

SlovenianGuy
05-24-2006, 03:30 AM
Even if Pop was forced to play small, why didn't he use either Nazr or Rasho when Tim was on the bench?

Jimcs50
05-24-2006, 08:23 AM
Just a quick question -- it's been asked elsewhere, but I'll repeat it here:

If Pop had played Rasho (or Mohammed), who would he have guarded once the Mavericks decided to play small ball? Seriously. I'd like to know.

If the point is not playing Beno, I think it's a slightly different question. But if the complaint is an unwillingness to play Rasho, I'd like to know what you think.

Well perhaps, when the Spurs got 65% of all rebounds and 20-25 ORebs, then the Mavs would have had to adjust to the Spurs, instead of vice versa, ya think?

WalterBenitez
05-24-2006, 08:29 AM
AJ owned POP, plane and simple