PDA

View Full Version : Manu pretty much feels like shit! READ THIS!!!!

manu
05-23-2006, 01:40 AM
Manu talks about how bad he feels and that he thinks its his fault that spurs lost today. :depressed
READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :depressed :depressed

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/stories/MYSA052306.1D.COL.BKNmonroe.spurs.128e2252.html

whottt
05-23-2006, 01:45 AM
The layup wasn't a big deal...he called it right...althought Big Shot Rob was wide open. Still Duncan had it...he just shortarmed it.

That foul though lmao...that was killer, man that hurt. We did not need that block...we did not need it. I don't want Manu to change the type of player he is though...you can't change him...and he was one of the ones that brought us back.

AceProfits
05-23-2006, 01:45 AM
Poor Ginobli! :depressed :depressed

He is one of the biggest winners in the NBA! I would take him any day on my team! Hes got huge balls and he is clutch as hell! Keep the chin up Manu!

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-23-2006, 01:46 AM
He'll get over it.. They'll be fine...

They had their chance, the ball didn't bounce our way... He gambled..it didn't work out so much this time.

ABOUT THE ATTEMPTED BLOCK/FOUL: You could say the same thing about his gambling steals against Dirk in game 5....one thing could have lead to him miscalculating and fouling Dirk....Bad gamble...but that's the ropes. At least he takes him. If it weren't for Manu's gambling game we wouldn't go very far.

I remember that Duncan Putback in game 5 of the Finals last year. It didn't work out....Then we won it in OT cuz of Horry....We didn't win it in OT this year. That's just how the game is played. We didn't have that luck. It blew the Mavs way.

Despot
05-23-2006, 01:46 AM
We would not have come back from 3-1 if it was not for him.

Vashner
05-23-2006, 01:47 AM
I have an idea..

Get Superman to spin the world backwards and give manu a week vacation at momma's house so he can rest up.

DuncanInYourFace
05-23-2006, 01:47 AM
Honestly his 3-pointer was not a good shot to take at that point of the game, but he made it so what the hell.

Manu is Manu, the same thing that makes him great causes him to make critical errors, but usually the balance is in favor of greatness

RON ARTEST
05-23-2006, 01:48 AM
i remember how upset he was after game 3. i cant imagine how bad he feels right now. hes a great player and he shouldnt blame himself. dirk just made a crazy shot.

timvp
05-23-2006, 01:49 AM
Wasn't his fault. Spurs lose by 30 without him.

Manu is a winner and I'd take him into battle seven days a week.

Props to him for a great final three games.

What a warrior :tu

DuncanInYourFace
05-23-2006, 01:50 AM
i remember how upset he was after game 3. i cant imagine how bad he feels right now. hes a great player and he shouldnt blame himself. dirk just made a crazy shot.

Yea I know, that shit BARELY rolled in

gospursgojas
05-23-2006, 01:51 AM
Dude post the story.......

Mike Monroe: Ginobili has summer to forget pair of game-deciding choices

Web Posted: 05/23/2006 12:53 AM CDT

San Antonio Express-News

Monroe When Manu Ginobili made a mistake that cost the Spurs Game 3 of their first-round series against Sacramento, he went into a funk so deep some teammates visited his hotel room over the next two days to do what they could to lift his spirits.

Tim Duncan and friends may need to visit Ginobili's home in San Antonio over the next few days to prop up their teammate again. That is because the Spurs' competitive crunch-time playmaker is loading himself with a heavy dose of responsibility for two plays he believes cost the Spurs a chance to win Game 7 of their Western Conference semifinal series against the Dallas Mavericks.

And this time, there are no more games in which Ginobili can atone.

Ginobili's foul on Dallas' Dirk Nowitzki with 21.6 seconds remaining in the fourth quarter on what turned out to be an old-fashioned three-point play enabled the Mavericks to tie the game at 104-104.

It was a mental mistake that made Spurs coach Gregg Popovich turn away from the court and mutter a curse to himself. He had just spent a good portion of a timeout the Mavericks had called to set up Nowitzki's play reminding his players not to foul a Dallas player in the act of shooting.

Ginobili always believes he can make a play, at either end. It is this self-confidence that Popovich loves but occasionally rues.

"So I just tried to surprise him," Ginobili explained of his decision to attempt a block on the 7-foot Nowitzki. "I thought I had it. I just can't believe he made it.

"It was a great play (by Nowitzki) and a big mistake by me."

Then, Popovich gave Ginobili a chance at redemption. The play he drew up after Nowitzki's tying free throw put the responsibility for a game-winning play back in the hands of the player he trusts the most to produce positive results.

And why not?

Was there anyone in the AT&T Center who did not recall that Popovich asked Ginobili to produce heroics in Game 5 of the 2005 NBA Finals at The Palace of Auburn Hills; that Ginobili got the ball to Robert Horry for the game-winning shot, the most memorable of the entire Spurs' championship run?

Popovich remembered, which is one reason Horry was on the court again, and the play Ginobili was told to trigger was much the same as on that night in the suburbs of Detroit.

"Yeah, yeah," Ginobili said, his voice subdued. "It was the same play. And close to the same result, too. Tim (Duncan) was close to getting the board and couldn't make it. So it just happened that way, and I am very upset."

Just as the Pistons' Rasheed Wallace left Horry open when Ginobili made his move toward the basket from above the free-throw circle, Nowitzki took a step toward Ginobili when he began his drive on the left side of the foul lane Monday.

Ginobili flashed back momentarily to that huge play in June, too, but opted to carry the drive to the basket himself.

Nowitzki, he said, is good at playing the passing lanes. He dared not risk another turnover. What Sacramento's Game 3 had shown him was that even two or three seconds is time enough for an opponent to go the length of the court for a game winner. The Kings' Mike Bibby and Kevin Martin had proven it.

Few NBA players are as good as Ginobili at reading defenses on such drives, and this time he knew good things could happen for the Spurs if he missed his shot. That is because he also saw Dallas' DeSagana Diop coming to attempt a block. Duncan, Ginobili figured, would have a great chance of putting back a miss, if he missed.

Ginobili did miss, but he was right about what would happen next, too. Duncan got the rebound, but just as Nowitzki rushed his attempted putback of Jason Terry's miss at the end of Game 5, Duncan tried to get the rebound back up to the rim a tad too quickly and missed badly.

"It's hard when you have the last chance and you can't make it," Ginobili said. "So we all are very upset, so it is a hard moment for us. But I guess it just happens, and we've got to get over it."

With an entire summer, and help of supportive teammates, Ginobili may be able to forget his mistake by the time training camp begins.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well he should feel like shit, I would feel like shit if I made one of the biggest playoff mistakes in Spurs history. I LOVE Manu, but he fucked up.... He better be the 20 ppg player we all thought we had this year, next year

Vashner
05-23-2006, 01:51 AM
Manu is one of the most entertaining and fun players EVER in ball history.

I don't think he should have to carry the whole team. That's Tim's job and he did it tonight.

We needed more D.... and yes.. i'll admit.. I still have NOT gotten over .50 retirement... Because he always did something crazy...

Was Nazr's 3 a turning point? Seems to me it was...
I think the reaction was overblown.. tell him it was wrong and move on.. he did make the shot geeze.

gospursgojas
05-23-2006, 01:53 AM
Manu is one of the most entertaining and fun players EVER in ball history.

I don't think he should have to carry the whole team. That's Tim's job and he did it tonight.

We needed more D.... and yes.. i'll admit.. I still have NOT gotten over .50 retirement... Because he always did something crazy...

I think the reaction was overblown.. tell him it was wrong and move on.. he did make the shot geeze.

:lol

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-23-2006, 01:53 AM
Can't blame Manu for the Loss...IF this were to give them the lead...then Manu would take it hard, but we had an OT to get the win and we didn't. End of story.

Isn't Pop's philosophy for the Spurs org. that Stonecutter Quote??? Well, same goes for the Spurs' losses...

~Sweetmelody~
05-23-2006, 01:54 AM
I don't blame Manu- at all. He gave it his all, things just didn't go our way.

Love ya Manu! :makeout

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-23-2006, 01:54 AM
I take it back with the blame the team, not the players. Nazr was the reason we lost. :lol

~Sweetmelody~
05-23-2006, 01:55 AM

Come on! LOL
Do you really think that?

milkyway21
05-23-2006, 01:57 AM
I'd feel the same way about if I'm Manu too. This yr is to repeat. But because we lost we have to win again to go for another quest for a repeat.:lol

And Duncan is now 30 yrs old.

Hey Manu forget it already. Visit the Philippines and we can assure you'll have a good time.

Now that they are on early vacation I can rest and just wait for the Spurs' game in France to watch my Spurs again.

Hope it will be telecast on ESPN or Solar Sports.

geerussell
05-23-2006, 01:59 AM

He is one of the biggest whiners in the NBA! I would take him any day on my team! Hes got salty balls and he is clutch as hell! Keep them on my chin Manu!

Word.
:lol :lol :lol

DuncanInYourFace
05-23-2006, 02:00 AM
I'd feel the same way about if I'm Manu too. This yr is to repeat. But because we lost we have to win again to go for another quest for a repeat.:lol

Hey Manu forget it already. Visit the Philippines and we can assure you'll have a good time.

Now that they are on early vacation I can rest and just wait for the Spurs' game in France to watch my Spurs again.

IMO we aren't ever going to repeat, this was our chance.

Nikos
05-23-2006, 02:00 AM
Will Manu even be ableto play 20minutes next season? Personally I am not looking forward to Manu getting even more tired next season. Has he already begun his decline?

gospursgojas
05-23-2006, 02:01 AM

Everyone seems to forget that Manu is only a year younger than Tim, so the Spurs better win as much now as they can.

Despot
05-23-2006, 02:02 AM

Sadly, that's the first post of yours tonight that I agree with. If we tank next year maybe we can get Oden.

milkyway21
05-23-2006, 02:03 AM
IMO we aren't ever going to repeat, this was our chance.:lmao

hey read the 1st paragraph :lol

:wakeup

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-23-2006, 02:04 AM
They were looking to give Tim and Manu and Tony help by putting wise veterans around them thanks to Horry's play.

They forgot that we still need some fresh legs to achieve leads....

angel_luv
05-23-2006, 02:05 AM

I don't blame Manu- at all. He gave it his all, things just didn't go our way.

Love ya Manu! :makeout

My thoughts exactly- so very well said, you two. :)

Kori Ellis
05-23-2006, 02:05 AM
Bench scored 2 points or something tonight.

Tim/Manu/Tony/Bruce/Fin did all they could do and they were all devastated by the loss. Spurs just weren't deep enough when it came down to it (not being able to play 2 centers killed the depth).

milkyway21
05-23-2006, 02:11 AM
It was a mental mistake that made Spurs coach Gregg Popovich turn away from the court and mutter a curse to himself. He had just spent a good portion of a timeout the Mavericks had called to set up Nowitzki's play reminding his players not to foul a Dallas player in the act of shooting. then Dirk went to the line :cry

-the same time my heart was pumping like i was going to have a heart attack:lol

come on Manu, it's over! Get over it. we are still behind you 100%

Nikos
05-23-2006, 02:11 AM
As good as Manu has been in the 05 playoffs, and in Game 6, I didn't have any confidence that he would make the last shot. He just doesn't have the ability to create a jumper off the dribble, and you need that to score in the last seconds of a game. If he had the threat off creating a jumper, he might have been able to drive more effectively.

~Sweetmelody~
05-23-2006, 02:12 AM

Tim/Manu/Tony/Bruce/Fin did all they could do and they were all devastated by the loss. Spurs just weren't deep enough when it came down to it (not being able to play 2 centers killed the depth).

After the loss, I went to the track to walk out some of the disappoinment, and I kept thinking for all the "depth" they kept saying we had on our bench they didn't contribute much. We had experienced players but that was it.

~Thanks Angel

milkyway21
05-23-2006, 02:15 AM
Small Ball?

our centers in this series were practically useless.

well, at least not a fan are suggesting to trade Rasho right now or Nazr bec. they had done nothing at all to contribute to the loss :lol

gospursgojas
05-23-2006, 02:17 AM
After the loss, I went to the track to walk out some of the disappoinment, and I kept thinking for all the "depth" they kept saying we had on our bench they didn't contribute much. We had experienced players but that was it.

~Thanks Angel

Like Kori said, not being able to play Rasho or Nazr really killed our bench

whottt
05-23-2006, 02:18 AM
This was probably the deepest Spurs team in history...AJ just figured out how to short circuit it. He made Horry, Rasho and Nazr pretty much useless and Finley got moved into the starting rotation...that left Brent Barry as our bench like last year, only we needed offense from our bench, not his game.

Tek_XX
05-23-2006, 02:36 AM

Coachs decision.

Tek_XX
05-23-2006, 02:38 AM
The Players should feel like crap, the played like it.

intlspurshk
05-23-2006, 03:15 AM
^^^ Thats too hard but too much error in the last play. Well, with 2 seconds left, it appears that, even SPURS has the lead, the Mavs is still going to score and the SPURS are so scared and make mistakes.

BTW, I like Oden. They may need to tank the next season to get him though....haha

JTH
05-23-2006, 03:36 AM
Manu Screwed up two games for the Spurs. He needs to feel like shit when a team comes back from 20 and he committs a stupid foul on the Nazi! If he was going to foul, he should have made sure the Nazi did not make the basket. Thanks Manu, now go to Argentina and open a library to let people read on how you screwed up.
P.S. Did Manu show up for all the games?

Pistons_In_7
05-23-2006, 03:38 AM
I would blame Timmy's pussy layup attempt at the end of regulation before i would blame Manu.

Tim shoulda went up strong with the ball for a dunk or to draw a foul. He was right under the basket for god sake.

Kori Ellis
05-23-2006, 03:40 AM
I would blame Timmy's pussy layup attempt at the end of regulation before i would blame Manu.

Tim shoulda went up strong with the ball for a dunk or to draw a foul. He was right under the basket for god sake.

He was cramping up pretty badly.

How about not blaming anyone and just giving the Spurs and Mavs their props?

Tim, Manu, Tony, Fin, and Bruce did what they could. It wasn't enough. Mavs were deeper. They played harder from the tip. And they came away victorious.

Every game isn't about finding blame for a loss. Sometimes you just get outplayed.

Kori Ellis
05-23-2006, 03:41 AM
Manu Screwed up two games for the Spurs. He needs to feel like shit when a team comes back from 20 and he committs a stupid foul on the Nazi! If he was going to foul, he should have made sure the Nazi did not make the basket. Thanks Manu, now go to Argentina and open a library to let people read on how you screwed up.

Can you stop with all the "Nazi" talk? It's ridiculous and unnecessary. Grow up.

Pistons_In_7
05-23-2006, 03:42 AM
Hey ive already posted about what a great effort it was by Timmy in another post. He played his heart out. I just wish he would have played that one a little stronger. Trust me it was upsetting for me to see your team lose tonight as well. Ive been rooting for them all through the playoffs.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-23-2006, 03:51 AM
He was cramping up pretty badly.

Tim, Manu, Tony, Fin, and Bruce did what they could. It wasn't enough. Mavs were deeper. They played harder from the tip. And they came away victorious.

Every game isn't about finding blame for a loss. Sometimes you just get outplayed.
:tu no fingerpointing...it's easy to look back on the replays and bring up the "shoulda, woulda" crap but Mavs wanted it more that night..That's what it boils down to. No storybook endings this year. I don't understand the Timmy/Manu bashing plays.

Even Magic Johnson and Larry Bird lost some years in between their Glory Runs...

aaronstampler
05-23-2006, 03:57 AM
A fraction of a second. A couple of inches. He came sooo close to blocking it.

Maybe if was just a little healthier he could have gotten it. Everybody says it was such a stupid foul, an idiotic decision, but it's not like he was trying to foul. He was going for the block, and it would have been the greatest block in Spurs history if he got it.

I don't blame Manu at all. He always plays his ass off and he takes the losses harder than anyone. Ask Tim if there's anybody on the entire planet he'd rather play with. Hopefully next year Manu will get his legs back, his lift back, and his ability will catch up to his heart, like it was in '05. It's no secret the guy is my favorite player, so I'm sad at the way it ended, but I know it'll only motivate him that much more for next year. One cannot succeed without taking chances, and when you take chances, sometimes you come up short. And life would be awfully boring if you never came up short.

Pistons_In_7
05-23-2006, 04:01 AM
You guys think there will be any good deals on a Manu jersey now on eBay? I was thinking about adding one to my collection.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-23-2006, 04:08 AM
A fraction of a second. A couple of inches. He came sooo close to blocking it.

Maybe if was just a little healthier he could have gotten it. Everybody says it was such a stupid foul, an idiotic decision, but it's not like he was trying to foul. He was going for the block, and it would have been the greatest block in Spurs history if he got it.

I don't blame Manu at all. He always plays his ass off and he takes the losses harder than anyone. Ask Tim if there's anybody on the entire planet he'd rather play with. Hopefully next year Manu will get his legs back, his lift back, and his ability will catch up to his heart, like it was in '05. It's no secret the guy is my favorite player, so I'm sad at the way it ended, but I know it'll only motivate him that much more for next year. One cannot succeed without taking chances, and when you take chances, sometimes you come up short. And life would be awfully boring if you never came up short.
:tu Nice touch on the end

That's exactly what he did...He woulda had the Hakeem like' winning block but Dirk delivered instead. Maybe next year he can try it again and succeed.

Manu's game is my favorite to watch for during Spurs' games, not because of his scoring, but because of his energy, drive, and his will...I really wanted to see him play in June because this, not just for the championship, but just to see him keep on playing....We only get so many unique guys like this every 15 years, his intangibles are akin to Larry Bird.

CPIM
05-23-2006, 04:11 AM

He is one of the biggest winners in the NBA! I would take him any day on my team! Hes got huge balls and he is clutch as hell! Keep the chin up Manu!
He is the best flopper in NBA and that cost this game.

upTD
05-23-2006, 07:33 AM

oh, it wasn't his fault. it was Duncan's fault. please read: link:http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AgxdMD8beE25rF4m_lUa5Ya8vLYF?slug=ap-spurs-duncan&prov=ap&type=lgns

Duncan was just 1-of-7 from the floor in overtime, and the Spurs failed to defend their NBA title in a 119-111 loss to Dallas.

Even before Duncan's unproductive overtime, he missed his most important shot as the clock expired in regulation. He couldn't give the Spurs the win when he failed to make a follow-up basket at the buzzer after grabbing the offensive rebound on a missed layup by Manu Ginobili.

ploto
05-23-2006, 07:57 AM

Pop "considered" Rasho in the first quarter when the Mavs were scoring at will, but AJ went smaller and smaller and even smaller. People always talk about shortening the rotation, and now we did-- 8 guys. Unfortunately, we got basically nothing from #6-8.

Manu only knows one way to play- he is just that way and that is what makes him amazing. Without him, we never win game 6 and never get close in game 7.

ObiwanGinobili
05-23-2006, 08:00 AM
oh, it wasn't his fault. it was Duncan's fault. please read: link:http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AgxdMD8beE25rF4m_lUa5Ya8vLYF?slug=ap-spurs-duncan&prov=ap&type=lgns

thats what i thought.. he was just so unproduictive in OT - nothing he put up would go in! ugh! It;s was the most frustrting 5 min.s of my life.

ploto
05-23-2006, 08:06 AM
thats what i thought.. he was just so unproduictive in OT - nothing he put up would go in! ugh! It;s was the most frustrting 5 min.s of my life.
Tim was cramping pretty bad.

ManuTastic
05-23-2006, 08:15 AM

True Dat X 5

chinaorange
05-23-2006, 08:41 AM

the same

Sportman
05-23-2006, 08:53 AM

It´s over and that could be the best thing to do.......I STILL LOVE SPURS

Alamode
05-23-2006, 09:30 AM

What a tool comment. Damn how people forget we wouldn't have had a Game 7 if:

It weren't for Manu's Game 6
We wouldn't have won a championship last year without him
AND we wouldn't have been tied 104-104 without his three-pointer.

Geez, freakin' crap you want the guy to be God, he's human for cripes sake. We also had an overtime to get it done and did not. Where were his teammates? Why the crap is Manu responsible for the whole team? Get over yourself and think a little.

SPARKY
05-23-2006, 09:32 AM
Without his cold blooded 3 the Spurs aren't up at that point. Bad play, but I'll take the 2 titles he helped win.

leemajors
05-23-2006, 09:42 AM

it would be great to repeat, but it's not that big a deal. the spurs will keep doing things the right way. bird never repeated either.

ducks
05-23-2006, 10:21 AM
I am glad he is upset
he should think about that for year and play better next year
this is by far his worse year IMO

carina_gino20
05-23-2006, 10:36 AM
i feel bad that he feels so responsible for the loss. still, we had a great chance in overtime and came up with nothing.

these are people, not the gods we are making them to be. As for manu, I'll take the good with the bad. He gambled and went with his instinct. It was wrong. Now he'll have to accept that and use it to make him stronger.

he'll have international competition over the summer and though it will tire out his body, it will also give him the rhythm he's never enjoyed this season.

Ironically, this loss made me love Manu even more and see how special he really is.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
05-23-2006, 11:26 AM
The Players should feel like crap, the played like it.

He is the best flopper in NBA and that cost this game.

Fuck you! Bunch of fat-ass-arm-chair coaches! And a Hawks fan? :lmao

I am glad he is upset
he should think about that for year and play better next year
this is by far his worse year IMO

Is he the only one that should feel upset? If it wasn't for him, the series would have ended 4-1 or 4-0 for Dallas.

As good as Manu has been in the 05 playoffs, and in Game 6, I didn't have any confidence that he would make the last shot. He just doesn't have the ability to create a jumper off the dribble, and you need that to score in the last seconds of a game. If he had the threat off creating a jumper, he might have been able to drive more effectively.

He actually has developed that shot. If you look in the Kings series and the first games of this series, he did a nice stop the drive and jump move quite a few times. And I don't agree that he will play 20 mpg next year. He will have international competition this summer which actually helps players (just look ar Dirk or Tony who played for their National Teams last summer).

Someone who gets it. What else do Manu, Tim and Tony have to do? Score 50 points each one? Maybe Bruce's jumper wasn't falling, but he did give his best out there. The rest of the team was very unproductive, I don't know who to blame if the players for not showing up or Pop for lacking confidence in them. Probably a mix of both.

kimberly_spursfan
05-23-2006, 11:50 AM
stop bashing manu, without him we wouldnt of even made it to game 7, hes not all responsible for the loss, but he is all responsible for alot of our wins in these playoffs.

ColoradoSpursFan
05-23-2006, 12:07 PM
The truth is if Tim would have made the free throw we would be up one.

Manu hits the three and be up 4. Dirks "and one" would still be down 1 and we would be shooting free throws in the last seconds back and forth.

smeagol
05-23-2006, 12:50 PM
Quality post

boutons_
05-23-2006, 12:57 PM
In 05 Finals game5 with game tied in the last seconds of regulation, Manu drove, missed the layup, Tim was right there ... with a miss of the putback.

In 06 WC-semi-Finals game7, ditto.

ALVAREZ6
05-23-2006, 03:24 PM
He should feel like shit, that last foul on Dirk blew the game.

Had he just let Dirk have his little 2 points, the Spurs are up 1, Manu gets the ball, gets fouled, makes both FT's (he was 9-9, so he would have made them), then defense. If they score, same thing as previous, etc etc etc.

Sportman
05-23-2006, 03:44 PM
Had he just let Dirk have his little 2 points, the Spurs are up 1, Manu gets the ball, gets fouled, makes both FT's (he was 9-9, so he would have made them), then defense. If they score, same thing as previous, etc etc etc.

Any person who could hear it could say, "wao this guy should be an excellent player"......I mean, WAO MEN you sound as it was easy, GINOBILI is still a human being, you say it, and for you it´s easy to say it just because you are a FAN.
Without manu the 3 and 4 quarter could have been a totally disaster for spurs, i didnt hear nobody who has said how much point manu did in the 2 period. Manu scored 19 points and without these points spurs might have lost by 20 points. That´s it, spurs fans just have to learn to say, WE LOST BECAUSE THEY PLAYED BETTER THE WHOLE SERIES.

mgtptdmvp
05-23-2006, 03:44 PM
he should feel bad, although he played great at times and carried us too but he made critical mistakes at the end of games. i.e kings, horry gino handoff, and most importantly why you trying to block the shot at the rim with us up...oh well much love for manu.
man i hate this feeling but to kinda quote avery you sign up for the good and the bad....

peace you all.

wishing we could be talking about how we would sweep the suns....damn

ALVAREZ6
05-23-2006, 03:49 PM
I'm just saying that he should feel bad because he basically ruined the game, but I'm not saying they lost because of him.

Without Manu, game 6 was over and same as game 7.

Looking at the big picture, the Spurs lost because the Mavs played better. The fact that Pop had no idea WTF he was doing didn't help either.

The Mavs clearly match up better against the Spurs, have younger players who run a lot more and have more energy, and they never stop attacking. They score so fucking easily, while it takes a little more for the Spurs to get the ball in the basket.

The Mavs were up on the scoreboard for most of this series, they all turned into close games except for game 2, and they just played better. The Spurs need a new team.

Sportman
05-23-2006, 03:57 PM
The Spurs need a new team.

They need SCOLA, believe me :spin :spin

aaronstampler
05-23-2006, 04:02 PM
My biggest fear with Manu is that this foul will change how he plays defense from this point forward. If he doesn't go for steals and blocks, doesn't try to draw charges, he wouldn't be Manu, he'd just be another guy. I hope one little play won't make him forget all the good ones, even though some of the fans did.

Spurs Dynasty
05-23-2006, 04:05 PM
Look, Manu is a fantastic player who thinks he can make any play at any time. He gives everything he has and has done FAR more good for the team that he has done wrong. This one ripped my heart out too, but how many of us in a situation we have NO CLUE of how stressful and fast paced it is could not have made the same mistake !?

Like Pop said, Manu can be a double edged sword, but have we already forgotten what he did for us last year? AND, he was the reason we came back in the first place last nite. I think the lessons of his two costly mistakes will make him a better player next year.

Manu is one of the 3 most valuable assest Spurs have, depeding on how you choose to look at it. I, for one, am thrilled he is on our team.

God bless you, Manu. Will see you next season.

Oh, Gee!!
05-23-2006, 04:05 PM
He should read my Trade Manu thread if he needs cheering up. Plenty homers stood up for him there.

austinfan
05-23-2006, 04:08 PM
My biggest fear with Manu is that this foul will change how he plays defense from this point forward. If he doesn't go for steals and blocks, doesn't try to draw charges, he wouldn't be Manu, he'd just be another guy. I hope one little play won't make him forget all the good ones, even though some of the fans did.

I don't see that happening. Manu can't help himself--he'll be back full-strength and full-confidence next season, playing hell bent for leather on both ends of the court. It's just who he is. Especially after he's had some time getting in a groove with the Argentine team playing in the WC (basketball) this summer.

Btw, OT, but I like your writing on Pounding the Rock. Michael doesn't seem fully committed to maintaining the blog, so if he's not interested, you should take it over or start your own. Just my 2 cents. :)

Oh, Gee!!
05-23-2006, 04:12 PM
Manu does not need to be playing B-Ball this summer. He needs rest.

austinfan
05-23-2006, 04:14 PM
^^He had rest all last summer and look how that turned out.

I do agree that he needs to work on his conditioning and probably diet, too.

Oh, Gee!!
05-23-2006, 04:21 PM
Ginobiliiiiiiii!!!!!!!!

Pistons_In_7
05-23-2006, 04:22 PM
Is search still disabled?

mavsfan1000
05-23-2006, 04:31 PM
Manu was killing Dallas in the second half. Luckily he makes mistakes also or Dallas would be fishing.

smeagol
05-23-2006, 05:07 PM
Manu does not need to be playing B-Ball this summer. He needs rest.
He tried resting this summer and it didn't work.

He did not rest in 2004 (he was busy winning the gold medal) and he was the playoffs hero.

The problem in you memory stinks.

smeagol
05-23-2006, 05:08 PM
Manu was killing Dallas in the second half. Luckily he makes mistakes also or Dallas would be fishing.
mavsfan1000 gets it but Peobody and OG don't.

Go figure.

himat
05-23-2006, 05:11 PM
Ginobili did great, but that 1 mistake will be biting him for the rest of the summer. Why does this reming me of Sheed? :depressed

Oh, Gee!!
05-23-2006, 05:14 PM
The problem in you memoty stinks.

learn English

nbascribe
05-23-2006, 05:31 PM
Hell Manu did cost the Spurs the game but he wasn't the only one. Lack of bench scoring the fact that that there were just way too many MENTAL mistakes down the stretch of the overtime period were costly.

Personally I think this team, as a whole, weren't hungry enough. There was no intensity at all this season. Last season there was a chip on their shoulder the size of Africa and India COMBINED. They lose a game, they'd rattle off consecutive wins of six or more.

This will haunt that team but it will make them stronger. Remember .4? The following year we were at the Alamodome.

What doesn't kill you makes you champions the following year.

GO SPURS GO

Cant_Be_Faded
05-23-2006, 05:45 PM
GOOD
that fucker's bonehead gambling cost us the game

E20
05-23-2006, 05:46 PM
I love you Manu!!! Thanks for everything. :makeout

Cant_Be_Faded
05-23-2006, 05:50 PM
We should start calling Manu "Daniel Negraunu" or "Tomer Benvendisti"

DDS4
05-23-2006, 05:55 PM
Hell Manu did cost the Spurs the game but he wasn't the only one. Lack of bench scoring the fact that that there were just way too many MENTAL mistakes down the stretch of the overtime period were costly.

Personally I think this team, as a whole, weren't hungry enough. There was no intensity at all this season. Last season there was a chip on their shoulder the size of Africa and India COMBINED. They lose a game, they'd rattle off consecutive wins of six or more.

This will haunt that team but it will make them stronger. Remember .4? The following year we were at the Alamodome.

What doesn't kill you makes you champions the following year.

GO SPURS GO

Not only weren't the Spurs hungry enough, but they were battered, bruised, and worn down.

There was a collective exasperation when Tim didn't make the Manu's miss.

You can kinda see that the Mavs had that resolve the Spurs had last year. Not saying the Mavs are championship material per se, but it's the will to win no matter the circumstances.

aaronstampler
05-23-2006, 07:25 PM
I don't see that happening. Manu can't help himself--he'll be back full-strength and full-confidence next season, playing hell bent for leather on both ends of the court. It's just who he is. Especially after he's had some time getting in a groove with the Argentine team playing in the WC (basketball) this summer.

Btw, OT, but I like your writing on Pounding the Rock. Michael doesn't seem fully committed to maintaining the blog, so if he's not interested, you should take it over or start your own. Just my 2 cents. :)

I think his name is Matthew. I'm Michael. :-) I gotta talk to him. I do want to write on there full time next year, but I gotta talk to him. I'm not a close confidant of his but I get the feeling something fairly traumatic, much more so than some basketball game, happened to him in his personal life recently.

SequSpur
05-23-2006, 07:26 PM
Manu has no brains.

aaronstampler
05-23-2006, 07:27 PM
GOOD
that fucker's bonehead gambling cost us the game

You are such a fucking moron. You're either a racist or have some other hidden agenda, but I'm tired of your Manu bashing all year. If you hate him so much, go root for another team. This has gone beyond a Tony vs. Manu thing with you, you're not even a Spurs fan.

aaronstampler
05-23-2006, 07:30 PM
Manu has no brains.

And Tony has no jumpshot. And no heart. And no concept of defense or the point guard position. Really I love this Mr. January shit from him every year, it never gets old.

Charles Barkley says it best: Whoever thinks Tony is our 2nd best player is on drugs.

Jules
05-23-2006, 07:39 PM
I don't balme Manu.

I love the enthusiasm & excitement he brings to the league. Sure, he must be feeling like he was force-fed a bitter spoonful of a lesson, but it is part of the maturing process that he must endure as a player. Our miscalculations enable us to collectively access and apply our past experience when facing a similar scenario(s). Once Manu gets past the initial heartbreak, he will have an invaluable experience to add to his arsenal.

Sway
05-23-2006, 07:42 PM
Charles Barkley says it best: Whoever thinks Tony is our 2nd best player is on drugs

No doubt! Im going to have to agree with Charles on this one.

SequSpur
05-23-2006, 07:45 PM
If Manu would've stayed home, the Spurs would've won Game 3,4 and Game 7.

Parker led this team to 63 wins.

Barkley is fat.

Kori Ellis
05-23-2006, 07:48 PM
People who are criticizing Manu are stupid and just looking for excuses. Manu can't stop his basketball instinct. His instinct was try to go for the block. He fouled and the shot went in. He can't take it back. But if he didn't have that same instinct, he wouldn't have that killer instinct to take over games with steals, drives, hustle that we all love about him.

The hate and blame is ridiculous.

But also bagging on Tony to try to prop up Manu is equally ridiculous.

Tony played very well yesterday. 50% of his field goals, little or no turnovers, etc. He ran the team very well early and then stepped aside and let Manu/Tim try to take over the 4th. That's pretty much the Spurs game plan.

He struggled with injuries throughout the series and didn't shoot great, but didn't choke by any means and ended up averaging around 20ppg.

Our guys did what they could.

I understand blaming coaching if you disagree with what players were on the floor. But to blame Manu, Tony, Tim, Bruce, or Finley is ridiculous. They did what they could. They got beat.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-23-2006, 08:09 PM
You are such a fucking moron. You're either a racist or have some other hidden agenda, but I'm tired of your Manu bashing all year. If you hate him so much, go root for another team. This has gone beyond a Tony vs. Manu thing with you, you're not even a Spurs fan.

Fuck you whore, I'm more latino than Tonto, there is nothing racist about it. I don't hate manu, I am just hard on him, and I will always think his attempted block was the stupidest thing I've ever seen him do in my entire life.

I know he played well, but still. It was a stupid play. Trying to say its his instincts is just trying to soften the blow, imo.
Put me on ignore and to hell with you. I didn't even start bashing Manu till he let Artest get into his head.

I'm glad he feels so sad, he needs to, he blew it. Hopefully he can refocus that energy but I'd rather him be bummed out over his bonehead play than take it emotionlessly.

ALVAREZ6
05-23-2006, 08:16 PM
Whoever said Manu needs rest this summer, I say fuck that.

As Smeagol said, he tried it last summer, and he pretty much sucked throughout the regular season...well, at least he wasn't the 2005 playoff Manu anymore, that's for sure.

International compitition will hopefully boost his confidence if Argentina goes decently far in the World Championship. I can't wait to watch those games.

Solid D
05-23-2006, 08:17 PM
If Manu would've stayed home, the Spurs would've won Game 3,4 and Game 7.

http://www.funny-games.biz/pictures/face/happy-face.jpg

Another quality piece of analysis Sequ.

smeagol
05-23-2006, 08:42 PM
learn English
I know English.

Learn the principles of basketball.

smeagol
05-23-2006, 08:47 PM
OG = Peabody = C_be_F = Sequ = Fucking Ungreatful Morons

Tell you what idiots, go root for the Hawks. As fans, you are worthless.

Sway
05-23-2006, 08:52 PM
Fuck you whore, I'm more latino than Tonto

Dont want to get in the middle of this internet tough guy thing but I have to ask...wasnt Tonto Native American?

E20
05-23-2006, 09:15 PM
Timmy and Tony need rest.

Tony needs to work on improving his jumper. If Tony gets a reliable and consistent jumper when teams are packing the paint then he is a 'TOP 5 NBA PLAYER'.

Manu needs 4-5 weeks off and then go back to playing basketball. Manu seems to play better when he previously has played before. It was seen in the playoffs this year; in the SAC series he stunk, but he gradually got better and better.

Oh, Gee!!
05-23-2006, 09:29 PM

m3ltd0wnzzz!!!1!!111!!!

SequSpur
05-23-2006, 10:48 PM

It's grateful, you tard. Learn some got damn English.

For those of you that look at the scoreboard.... Manu lost 3 games in this series by himself.

Just because you can get to point A to point B in a reckless fashion doesn't necessarily mean you should be driving.

Manu's instincts belong in Argentina.

aaronstampler
05-23-2006, 11:04 PM
Um I didn't see Manu have any 3 for 15 games...

Tony had more turnovers than assists this series. Manu is more of a point guard than he is. Tony's a more talented Steve Francis.

ducks
05-23-2006, 11:08 PM
this thread was not a manu comparision to tony thread

tp kicked but against kings
when healthy he kicked mavs but
manu played well against mavs except for a few very bonehead plays LATE in the game
if he wants to be the man late in the game HE MUST BE ABLE TO handle the results if he fails to deliever

it took manu a game against the kings to get over that terrible turnover
that was mentally weak
that shocked me I expected that out of hedo not manu

manu played his worse this year I think he will be back to the manu will love next year

BELIEVE

ducks
05-23-2006, 11:09 PM
Um I didn't see Manu have any 3 for 15 games...

Tony had more turnovers than assists this series. Manu is more of a point guard than he is. Tony's a more talented Steve Francis.

this series they called more traverling then all postseasons put together :depressed

robb2676
05-23-2006, 11:25 PM
manuuuuuuuuu........ thats all u have to say....... and for those dumbasses that want to trade him........ GROW UP!!!!!!!! he is going to be a spur for a long time......

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
05-24-2006, 11:48 AM
Fucking great, all the stupid dumbasses are gathering again. Nice.

Some of you are bandwagoners who support Manu only when he gets numbers like 30pts., 5 ast., 4 reb. You know shit about basketball and fail to see what intangibles, basketball IQ or hustle are. You are a bunch of arm-chair coaches who think you are basketball's infinite source of wisdom, when actually you are a bunch of clueless haters. Obviously, you never played basketball, because if Manu made that block you would be sucking his ass so hard that your tongues would reach Manu's big nose. It was a matter of a miliseconds, and that happens all the time in basketball. By the way, who put the Spurs in a position of winning Game 7?

Which leads to the other kind of moron, the hater. This one is always waiting for a mistake to show up, anything Manu does is twisted for his agenda.

If it wasn't for Manu, the Spurs were out after game 4. Some point out his mistake against the Kings, hmmm, guess what? He got over it, unless you didn't watch the Dallas series. The mistake in Game 3 was a split between him and Horry. But in no way the Spurs lost this series because of Manu. It's hilarious to say the least that he is the only one being called out when our bench did shit during the entire series, and some of the starters had an irregular series as well. If you believe that the Spurs lost to the Mavs because of Manu, when they had a more talented roster, and should have won the series in 5-6 games, well, that speaks volumes about your basketball knowledge.

I once called you a hater. Now, that is probably an ideal moment for haters to show up, you post this. I apologize, and I'm sure that your intentions are honest and you are objective as it gets. I know any future criticism from your part to Manu, is because you want the best for him and the Spurs (Not that you should give a damn about what I say :lol ).

jabol130
05-24-2006, 12:04 PM
manu's reaction is similar to the way he responded after the Fisher shot couple of years back. Manu gets frustrated over things he can't always control, but that's good. That's what makes him such a great competitor. I wouldn't have it any other way. I would be more upset with Duncan for trying to put the ball back off the rebound on that last shot without really gathering himself. I'm sure he though he didn't have enough time and made a spur of the moment decision just as Manu did going for he block.

Nbadan
05-24-2006, 12:31 PM
You gotta admit that was a boneheaded mistake, but Manu/Parker/Tim/Finley are a solid core. The Spurs just have to add the right pieces and with the small-ball taking over the NBA, you can't have two centers making a combined $13+ million sitting on the bench. Sometimes I wonder if POP has the patience to nurture a young, though raw player like Josh Howard.

MadDog73
05-24-2006, 12:44 PM
You gotta admit that was a boneheaded mistake, but Manu/Parker/Tim/Finley are a solid core. The Spurs just have to add the right pieces and with the small-ball taking over the NBA, you can't have two centers making a combined $13+ million sitting on the bench. Sometimes I wonder if POP has the patience to nurture a young, though raw player like Josh Howard.

I guess that depends how you think Pop did with Tony Parker...

smeagol
05-24-2006, 12:53 PM
It's grateful, you tard. Learn some got damn English.

English is my second language. What’s your excuse, ignorant fuck?

For those of you that look at the scoreboard.... Manu lost 3 games in this series by himself.

Which three? And if you are counting game seven, Manu (and TD) were the reason why we were in a position to win the game in the first place. If it weeen’t for those two, we would have lost by 15. Manu 1st half points: 2, Manu’s 2nd half points: 22.

Manu won so many games for us, it’s impossible to name them all. But you only focus on the negative.

Just because you can get to point A to point B in a reckless fashion doesn't necessarily mean you should be driving.

Isn’t it “from point A to point B”, stupid? (and you are the one telling me to learn English? :lol )

In any case, that reckless fashion is what allowed the Spurs to win the title last year. No Manu = No 2005 Champs. It’s about time you recognized the facts, bitch.

Manu's instincts belong in Argentina.

And your posts belong in the trash.

Nbadan
05-24-2006, 12:59 PM
I guess that depends how you think Pop did with Tony Parker...

Parker is a future allstar, but what can POP do with raw but talented players like Demarr Johnson, Qyntel Woods, or even JR Smith that won't be Allstars?

DarrinS
05-24-2006, 01:27 PM
All the criticism of Manu is a little unfair. Yes, it was a bonehead mistake. Get over it already.

Manu got us back into that game. Without Manu, we probably wouldn't have won the championship last year.

Gheez.

gospursgojas
05-24-2006, 01:42 PM
You all know that nobody can critisize Manu around here..... Yet if Tony doesn't score 30 everyone hates him and wants him traded.

Manu fucked up big time, it no question. But, that doesn't mean he is the ONLY one to blame.

I have faith in Manu and that he will come back rested, most importantly, and pissed off

MadDog73
05-24-2006, 01:48 PM
Tim missed a free throw. Trade him. :rolleyes

abelle23
05-24-2006, 04:21 PM
he did made a mistake on that foul... but hes also one of the resons we played game7...im disappointed and angry about the loss but i still belive in manu still believe is spurs... and props to po for supporting manu:

"We would have two less championships here if it wasn't for Manu Ginobili," Popovich said. "In my book, Manu Ginobili is the stud of the world.

"There's nobody that's a better competitor. I'd jump in a fox hole with him or go anywhere he wanted to go any time."

ALVAREZ6
05-24-2006, 05:51 PM
Sequ are you being serious dude?

You really are an ignorant, retarded midget fuck.

smeagol
05-24-2006, 06:16 PM
"We would have two less championships here if it wasn't for Manu Ginobili," Popovich said. "In my book, Manu Ginobili is the stud of the world.
Pop gets it.

ducks
05-24-2006, 06:21 PM
pop knows what to say publically because he wants manu back with his confidence back

boutons_
05-24-2006, 06:24 PM
Pop always stands up for his individual guys in public, no matter what. He may get on the mercilessly in practice or on the sidelines, but he knows they understand why. They know he won't cut them off at the knees in public.

He does say things like "we played shitty defense" or "we need to rebound" or "we need to realize Medvedenko plays for the Lakers and his on the floor tonight (and killing us with jumprs)" :lol, but it's always "we" not "they".

There's no way he would ever bash Manu for that bonehead foul in direct contradiction of orders not to foul, or bash Tim for missing 6 FTs in game tied in regulation.

Dunc
05-24-2006, 06:27 PM
Ginobili did great, but that 1 mistake will be biting him for the rest of the summer. Why does this reming me of Sheed? :depressed

Strangely, when I saw Ginobili foul Dirk, I had an immediate flashback to the Sheed play. So now Spurs fans know how it feels. Wish you didn't have to, but now you're familiar with it. :grim:

Drbio
05-24-2006, 07:38 PM
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g194/drbio/kerry.jpg

WalterBenitez
05-24-2006, 09:46 PM
He tried resting this summer and it didn't work.

He did not rest in 2004 (he was busy winning the gold medal) and he was the playoffs hero.

The problem in you memory stinks.

Manu needs to work all the summer, when he rests he sucks

Dunc
05-24-2006, 09:48 PM
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g194/drbio/kerry.jpg

:lmao

TNT21
05-24-2006, 10:29 PM
I'm glad he feels bad, but in the end, it is not his fault that this team lost! They should have never been down by 20 to begin with. Not only that, but if it wasn't for his big 3 we wouldn't even of had a shot. With that said, I hope he comes back next year with a renewed passion and the reckless abandon that we have come to love about his game! Keep your head up MANU!!