PDA

View Full Version : With So Much Parity, there's a lot of luck

DuncanInYourFace
05-23-2006, 01:57 AM
Hopefully even Mavs fans can admit this, the shit just bounced their way this series.

And if you think about it, when we won the title, it did for us too.

Remember 02-03 game 5 vs. the lakers? Big shot rob had a game winner the rattled in and out of the rim. He started to celebrate because it was going in, but then it popped right out. If that shot falls, lakers win the 4th straight.

Even last year, game 7 vs. Detriot in the 4th quarter, our threes were just dropping, and don't even get me started on game 5 in the finals with big shot rob.

Even in the sonics series, Ray Allen's shot in game 6 was THIS close to going to force a game 7, we prolly still would've won, but you never know.

Anyone the point is the luck just wasn't with us this year, obi-wan ginobili needs to go on a quest to recoup the luck

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-23-2006, 02:07 AM
:tu.... either team coulda won it. Mavs got lucky they were on tongiht and everything started falling early. Had they been a bit off with those jumpers...the luck woulda seemed to still be in our favor.

Luck wins Championships. This cannot be argued against with your statements above. Every great team can win it. Spurs are great. Lakers were great. Pistons are great. Mavs are great. It's whoever luck chooses. Lady Luck chose the Mavs.

DuncanInYourFace
05-23-2006, 02:12 AM
:tu.... either team coulda won it. Mavs got lucky they were on tongiht and everything started falling early. Had they been a bit off with those jumpers...the luck woulda seemed to still be in our favor.

Luck wins Championships. This cannot be argued against with your statements above. Every great team can win it. Spurs are great. Lakers were great. Pistons are great. Mavs are great. It's whoever luck chooses. Lady Luck chose the Mavs.

Yea, it's so frustrating tho to hear the smacktalk.

And I think Spurs/Mavs are the most evenly matched series there is. I mean seriously, Game 7 that goes to OT? Unreal

windboy226
05-23-2006, 03:12 AM
honestly...i don't find too many mavs fans smack talking..the majority of both sides both feel the way you do-win or lose probably the best series we've ever seen. I'm sure there's some Mavs fans who troll and talk trash(you've been our Everest for the past 5 years) but there's probably the same amount of Spurs fans who blame the refs for the game 7 loss and still won't acknowledge Dallas as an improved team and consider Dirk to be soft and overrated. Most of us realize how close this series was and why this should have been the WCF finals. Duncan proved again why he's one of the top 3 players in the NBA and Dirk proved he belongs with the top guys..Definitely a series for the ages.

Horry For 3!
05-23-2006, 04:20 AM
honestly...i don't find too many mavs fans smack talking..the majority of both sides both feel the way you do-win or lose probably the best series we've ever seen. I'm sure there's some Mavs fans who troll and talk trash(you've been our Everest for the past 5 years) but there's probably the same amount of Spurs fans who blame the refs for the game 7 loss and still won't acknowledge Dallas as an improved team and consider Dirk to be soft and overrated. Most of us realize how close this series was and why this should have been the WCF finals. Duncan proved again why he's one of the top 3 players in the NBA and Dirk proved he belongs with the top guys..Definitely a series for the ages.
That will be changed next year.