PDA

View Full Version : Hanging up the jersey...

rasho8
05-23-2006, 03:18 AM
My lip almost trembled as I took off my SPURS jersey and hung it up for the last time this season.
I thought we played a great game, I thought we should have won. I believed in my team and in my fellow fans... and I have nothing to be ashamed of.
We played a great game, we were great fans. The bar I was at was rocking the entire second half and praying the first half... there was alot of complaining about the refs afterwards... and there was, before bar closed, alot of people congratulating the Mavs fans in the buyilding.
And I was sad when I left after I finished my last drink.
But I had a Mavs fan tell me something that rang true to me.
The only reason the Mavs won is because they embraced the Little Generals philosophy, and did what Pop would do. The Mavs play like a younger smallewr version of the Spurs, and even the Mavs fans hate Mark Cuban.
I laughed and realized, hell, Im from San Antonio, but right after that Im from Texas... and as bitter as I was, I was persuaded that Texas is my home, just like it is the Mavs Fans home.
So whycheer against them?
They won, as painful as it is, but they are little brother, they have been for almost 10 years, when youre little brother beats you, yeah it hurts, but ytoure still family.
I know I will take some flack for this, and alot of you wont understand.
But after we are San Antonians and Spurs fanse we are Texans...
In the words of the coolest Mavs Fan I ever met...
"You guys are awesome, we were yoiunger this year, so we were faster. It could have gone either way... but in the end, lets keep it in Texas,"
And so I say... great series Mavs... you did wonderful... you won... so keep winning and bring one back to Texas, we are, after all... only 5 hours away.

J.T.
05-23-2006, 03:22 AM
Yeah, I was walking out of the ATT after the OT buzzer sounded and took off my #20, looked down at it and threw it over my shoulders. I wouldn't have minded losing if there wasn't this stupid Mavs fan bitch behind me who didn't even know the players names, and for all I knew was there with her boyfriend cheering against the Spurs because he was wearing a Duncan jersey. She was saying shit like "Yeah baby" "Thank you" and "Thats it" every time they made a free throw or a shot.

I hate ignorant fans who don't even know their team players fucking names. GTFO of the NBA please. I mean 95% of Mav fans on this board are assholes, but at least they know who Dirk is. God damn what a stupid bitch.

Can't wait till November to get the jersey out again. I have a feeling the Spurs will have the same kind of season the Pistons had this year. Bring on 06-07.

rasho8
05-23-2006, 03:31 AM
Yeah, I was walking out of the ATT after the OT buzzer sounded and took off my #20, looked down at it and threw it over my shoulders. I wouldn't have minded losing if there wasn't this stupid Mavs fan bitch behind me who didn't even know the players names, and for all I knew was there with her boyfriend cheering against the Spurs because he was wearing a Duncan jersey. She was saying shit like "Yeah baby" "Thank you" and "Thats it" every time they made a free throw or a shot.

I hate ignorant fans who don't even know their team players fucking names. GTFO of the NBA please. I mean 95% of Mav fans on this board are assholes, but at least they know who Dirk is. God damn what a stupid bitch.

Can't wait till November to get the jersey out again. I have a feeling the Spurs will have the same kind of season the Pistons had this year. Bring on 06-07.

Yes, I cant agree more, I had one anti-spurs fan who was happy ther Spurs lost, whoever won because he was saying he was against what everyone else was for.
Thats stupid.

But the cool Mavs fans I congratulated after the game knew every player on both rosters and said how great the Spurs were and I said how well the Mavs played and everything was cool.
I like fans who acceot defeat well, and who revel in vistory with class.
I know I screamed MAVS SUCK during the game at least a billion times and flipped Mark Cuban off every time his ugly fucking face showed up on the screen, but at least the fans I was with were very cool, very polite, and very for their team.
I will always respect a true fan and a good team, even if they are against mine, but I respect class and character even more... luckily the real Mavs fans I was with were both.
And no one got their ass kicked... which I was afraid of considering it was a big redneck bar.
Again..
Go Mavs, bring one back to the Lone Star State

Pistons_In_7
05-23-2006, 03:35 AM
Nah screw that go Pistons! If you support a team run by Mark Cuban you are sleeping with the enemy. I wonder if Finly will take Cubans offer. Im guessing he would.

rasho8
05-23-2006, 03:37 AM
I hate Cuban.. I said that.
But that doesnt mean I dont think it would be cool to keep the Trophy in Texas.
I just wish Mark Cuban would choke on his ego and DIE!!!
The rest of the Mavs are cool.. as long as they stop hitting our players in the nuts.