PDA

View Full Version : Observation from a Mavericks fan...

BigBinBigD
05-23-2006, 10:23 AM
I knew to have any chance to win last night we had to come out fast and furious and try to hold the Spurs off in the second half. When they finally caught up with 32 seconds left, I thought it was over. Game 7 to the Spurs. In the past, with Nellie, the little Mavericks would have wilted away.

The Spurs showed great heart coming back, just like the defending champs they are. But the Mavs finally grew up a little and showed some heart themselves for not panicking like in the past. You Spurs fans should be proud of what your team did. And I'm proud of my team also. Maybe not of the owner and his theatrics. But of Avery and the players: hell yeah.

MadDog73
05-23-2006, 10:25 AM
Agreed 100%. Great post.

Can't wait until next year, when Spurs vs Mavs will be the best WCF ever.

degenerate_gambler
05-23-2006, 10:26 AM
Nowtizki learned his lesson from Game 6.

CosmicCowboy
05-23-2006, 10:27 AM
I love it that the Mavs fans are starting to hate Cuban as much as we do. Maybe if you Mavericks fans would start an e-mail campaign to Cuban asking him to sit down and shut the fuck up the Mavs TEAM might actually start getting the respect in the NBA that they deserve.

BigBinBigD
05-23-2006, 10:31 AM
I love it that the Mavs fans are starting to hate Cuban as much as we do. Maybe if you Mavericks fans would start an e-mail campaign to Cuban asking him to sit down and shut the fuck up the Mavs TEAM might actually start getting the respect in the NBA that they deserve.

Yeah well I want to keep my season tickets. :spin

Plus, I don't hate him, I just think he goes a little overboard sometimes. OK, alot of the times. But hell, I'm even starting to like Jerry Jones. :drunk

CosmicCowboy
05-23-2006, 10:42 AM
Yeah well I want to keep my season tickets. :spin

Plus, I don't hate him, I just think he goes a little overboard sometimes. OK, alot of the times. But hell, I'm even starting to like Jerry Jones. :drunk

Dang...apparently time DOES heal all wounds...I don't think I could have forgiven him for running Jimmy Johnson off and blowing your chances for a couple more superbowl appearances...I have to admit though...now that he's sporting the post plastic surgery "walking cadaver" look he does seem to be controlling his mouth better..

austinfan
05-23-2006, 10:46 AM
Dang...apparently time DOES heal all wounds...I don't think I could have forgiven him for running Jimmy Johnson off and blowing your chances for a couple more superbowl appearances...I have to admit though...now that he's sporting the post plastic surgery "walking cadaver" look he does seem to be controlling his mouth better..

Running Jimmy Johnson off? I've never forgiven him for firing Tom Landry. I stopped being a Cowboy fan when that happened and never regretted it for a moment.