PDA

View Full Version : Quit dwelling on the past.

BigBinBigD
05-23-2006, 10:37 AM
All that matters is this year. The Cowboys have 5 Super Bowl rings (that's for football, for all you SA people that have been there too long), but they suck right now. I don't go around trying to make myself feel better by talking about past glory. Or excusing current play because of it. It just sound so nanny-nanny-boo-boo to talk about anything last year or before.

Nero
05-23-2006, 10:40 AM
Terrible comparison. We're rooting for a team. It's the same team that existed last year and a big part of it 5 years ago. The Cowboys who won 5 Superbowls were completely different than the Cowboys of today.

dimsah
05-23-2006, 10:41 AM
Quit dwelling on the past.
Says the person with no past to dwell on.

degenerate_gambler
05-23-2006, 10:45 AM
All that matters is this year. The Cowboys have 5 Super Bowl rings (that's for football, for all you SA people that have been there too long), but they suck right now. I don't go around trying to make myself feel better by talking about past glory. Or excusing current play because of it. It just sound so nanny-nanny-boo-boo to talk about anything last year or before.

We all know you have scoreboard right now so enjoy it.

It's only temporary.

FromWayDowntown
05-23-2006, 11:02 AM

If the Mavericks win the title this year, I'm sure you'll be receptive to our rebukes when we remind Mavericks fans of that sentiment; I'm quite sure that if the Mavericks win the title this season, we Spurs fans will be hearing all about it in 2006-07.

implacable44
05-23-2006, 11:09 AM

sucks to not have any past worth talking about - and we dont talk about the "past" as in your analogy - we talk about a current team that has been waxing that azz in the league since 98

BigBinBigD
05-23-2006, 11:24 AM
Garbage replies. When the triplets were still around but getting old and starting to suck, they sucked. I didn't sit around and say, "well these guys won 3 out of 4 Super Bowls so we MUST be better than you". I was realistic and said their time was done. Dallas was better this year. You had overtime in Game 7 on your floor and got run out of the building. This year.

ObiwanGinobili
05-23-2006, 11:27 AM
If the Mavericks win the title this year, I'm sure you'll be receptive to our rebukes when we remind Mavericks fans of that sentiment; I'm quite sure that if the Mavericks win the title this season, we Spurs fans will be hearing all about it in 2006-07.

Amen.

FromWayDowntown
05-23-2006, 11:29 AM
Garbage replies. When the triplets were still around but getting old and starting to suck, they sucked. I didn't sit around and say, "well these guys won 3 out of 4 Super Bowls so we MUST be better than you". I was realistic and said their time was done. Dallas was better this year. You had overtime in Game 7 on your floor and got run out of the building. This year.

But the Spurs didn't suck. They lost in overtime of Game 7 in a series that was as evenly matched as any series I've ever seen -- and I've seen a lot of them. The Mavericks won the series and deserved to do so. They beat the Spurs 4 out of 7. That's a great accomplishment and they should be congratulated.

But that doesn't mean that we won't revisit this question again in the near future. And it doesn't mean that the Spurs past titles won't be at least somewhat relevant to how they handle this situation the next time they face it. It's not as if the Mavericks somehow intimidated the Spurs and took away their championship aura.

SpursWoman
05-23-2006, 11:46 AM
The Mavericks were one bad Bowen/Ginobilli foul from choking a 3-1 series lead and a 20pt game 7 lead, which could very easily have put you guys on the other end of this conversation.

So, where in the world do you get "done", or "suck" or "ran out of their own building" I have no idea ... unless you're saying the Mavericks can barely beat a team that's almost "done". Even I can give them more credit than that. :)

Willinsa
05-23-2006, 11:53 AM

But you look at it and the mavs still have 0 titles.

SPARKY
05-23-2006, 11:59 AM
Damn, Mavs fans are the worst. Yeah, the Spurs have won 3 championships. Sorry it bothers you so.

strangeweather
05-23-2006, 12:29 PM

So in '96 when the Cowboys went to the playoffs but didn't repeat, you said, "Man, these guys suck, time to dump them all and rebuild"?

My ass.

BigBinBigD
05-23-2006, 01:07 PM
[QUOTE=strangeweather]So in '96 when the Cowboys went to the playoffs but didn't repeat, you said, "Man, these guys suck, time to dump them all and rebuild"?

[QUOTE]

No, but I didn't sit around and cry "but we have more Super Bowls than you do so we must be better than you. WAAAHHHHHHH!"

Melmart1
05-23-2006, 01:15 PM
No, but I didn't sit around and cry "but we have more Super Bowls than you do so we must be better than you. WAAAHHHHHHH!"

No, instead you come over to a Spurs board and try to kick us when we are down like the classy fan you are. I am damn tired of Mavs fans trying to tell Spurs fans what to do:

- don't whine about the refs
- i'm tired of your posts
- change your signature
- i have the right to tell you to do it
- dont sit around and cry

Fuck you, Mav fan! You act like your team won a gotdamned title last night. Why don't you stop acting like sore losers. You won, OK? There were several posts last night giving you props. Just because you won though does NOT entitle you to Spurs fan support. So get over it.

strangeweather
05-23-2006, 01:17 PM

And most Spurs fans aren't saying that either. You guys beat us this year, fair and square. Props.

Now it's time for the Spurs to build a better team around a championship core of players, so they can come back and reclaim the trophy next year. We know these guys can do it, because they've done it before.

CharlieMac
05-23-2006, 01:19 PM
Yeah, I'll need to bump this and post it on a Mavs board when the Pistons take them out in the Finals.

Willinsa
05-23-2006, 01:23 PM
I hope the Suns upset the mavs.

whottt
05-23-2006, 01:23 PM
Test

ponky
05-23-2006, 01:34 PM
But the Spurs didn't suck. They lost in overtime of Game 7 in a series that was as evenly matched as any series I've ever seen -- and I've seen a lot of them. The Mavericks won the series and deserved to do so. They beat the Spurs 4 out of 7. That's a great accomplishment and they should be congratulated.

But that doesn't mean that we won't revisit this question again in the near future. And it doesn't mean that the Spurs past titles won't be at least somewhat relevant to how they handle this situation the next time they face it. It's not as if the Mavericks somehow intimidated the Spurs and took away their championship aura.

I agree with this, the Spurs don't suck. For a Mavs fan to say that the Spurs sucked would be to devalue our win in this series. The Spurs regular season record and narrow wins/losses in this series doesn't give credence to the "spurs suck" theory. I do think the Spurs need to get Parker some help, NVE is fat and not inconsistent and doesn't produce when Parker is resting. But minor tweaks, the Spurs have never been about changing the roster dramatically.

baseline bum
05-23-2006, 02:41 PM
I agree with this, the Spurs don't suck. For a Mavs fan to say that the Spurs sucked would be to devalue our win in this series. The Spurs regular season record and narrow wins/losses in this series doesn't give credence to the "spurs suck" theory. I do think the Spurs need to get Parker some help, NVE is fat and not inconsistent and doesn't produce when Parker is resting. But minor tweaks, the Spurs have never been about changing the roster dramatically.

True. Van Exel was definitely our most consistent player this whole season. He was playoff Hedo on offense the whole season while being playoff Vinny Del-Negro on defense the whole time. Every time he stepped on the floor you knew exactly what you were going to be getting. I seriously have never seen him hit a three in a Spurs uniform. I don't even think I've seen him hit 10 shots (I missed the first half of game 1 of the Sac series because I was moving). I probably should have just turned off the TV every time Nick came in, because his game is obviously cursed when I watch it.

Pistonsfan01
05-23-2006, 02:46 PM
Imagine how devestated the Mavs would be had they lost that game.Losing a series after being up 3-1 and a 20 point lead in game 7 theyd have killed themselves in the shower

infinite styles
05-23-2006, 02:57 PM
No, instead you come over to a Spurs board and try to kick us when we are down like the classy fan you are. I am damn tired of Mavs fans trying to tell Spurs fans what to do:

- don't whine about the refs
- i'm tired of your posts
- change your signature
- i have the right to tell you to do it
- dont sit around and cry

Fuck you, Mav fan! You act like your team won a gotdamned title last night. Why don't you stop acting like sore losers. You won, OK? There were several posts last night giving you props. Just because you won though does NOT entitle you to Spurs fan support. So get over it.

Damn you put all that I was thinking in one post. Go Melmart1 Go!!!

Spurs Dynasty
05-23-2006, 02:59 PM
Amen.

:lol Well, something else we have in common ... BSG best show on TV. Hurry with the new season already !

But to basketball, we will be back next year, I cant read a newspaper today, i dont want to go thru analysis or play whatifs. We lost, we are out. I am totally bummed.

I feel good about next year, though but untill then - Comeon football season!!!!

unartested
05-23-2006, 04:22 PM

Well now, that’s nice…..

Since you have not personally done a damn thing…

So next time you are standing in front of the mirror in “your jersey”, pounding yea chest cause you are a Mav’z fan just remember that you personally have accomplished NOTHING!!!!

Oh and have a nice day….

:fro

BigBinBigD
05-23-2006, 10:14 PM
Read again, sensitive ones. I didn't say the Spurs sucked or were done, I was talking about the Cowboys. I only said that Dallas was a little bit better this series. Almost every national analyst I heard said the same thing. It's just that it sounds a little ridiculous saying that the Spurs should win and are better because of the titles they've won in the past.

Y'all have a great team and you should be proud how they came back. Hell, I even thought the Mavs might wilt away like they used to. But this is a different team than in the past. You could see it coming all year long. No fear. And I'm sure these two teams will battle it out for a couple more years or so. Can't wait.

jamezyjamez
05-23-2006, 10:24 PM
I hope the Suns upset the mavs.

I think this is impossible because they are ranked higher than the Mavs.

cherylsteele
05-23-2006, 10:52 PM
Sore losers are one thing.....but what is even worse is a bad winner who shows no class.
Reminds me of the grade school immature one upmanship.

Remind me again...it has been how long since the Cowboys won a playoff game let alone a Super Bowl?

According to your logic the Dolphins are a great team too. :rolleyes

jamezyjamez
05-23-2006, 10:59 PM
Sore losers are one thing.....but what is even worse is a bad winner who shows no class.
Reminds me of the grade school immature one upmanship.

Remind me again...it has been how long since the Cowboys won a playoff game let alone a Super Bowl?

According to your logic the Dolphins are a great team too. :rolleyes

Wow what a complete misunderstanding of that guy's post! Nice work!