PDA

View Full Version : I don't understand something, Question?

Mavtek
05-23-2006, 11:08 AM
Ok it's game 7, the last game of the year for the Spurs, they get beat in overtime and fought harder than anything the NBA world has ever seen, yet the fans had already filed out of the stadium with 15 seconds left in OT?

I'm sorry but what the hell was that? When we got ousted at home last year against the Suns we hung around till the end then cheered on our team for a great season (maybe that's just tradition for Mav's fans). Anyway I was just kinda stunned to see the stands nearly empty after that incredible game. I mean I know I would've stayed to cheer for the Spurs after that game!

What's up with that?

spur219
05-23-2006, 11:09 AM
Some so called Fans are just selfish. I would of stuck around till the very last second and even waited for them to walk into the locker room.

spurs_666
05-23-2006, 11:58 AM
How sad, spurs fan need to support Spurs player although they just lost.

Slinkyman
05-23-2006, 12:00 PM
alot of people Tivo'd the season finale of 24 and we're rushing home to watch

cbinge
05-23-2006, 12:29 PM
FUCK YOU!!! Why stay and listen disrepectful mavs fans like you talking shit. You were in our building talking shit. FFFFUUUCCKKK YOU.

Kori Ellis
05-23-2006, 12:33 PM
FUCK YOU!!! Why stay and listen disrepectful mavs fans like you talking shit. You were in our building talking shit. FFFFUUUCCKKK YOU.

Uh.. that's a little unnecessary.

As for this thread, there's another one just like it started last night by a Spurs fan I believe.

It was pretty bad how many people bailed out before the game was over. Quite embarrassing.

Spurs Dynasty
05-23-2006, 12:53 PM
I think the fans should have stayed till the players left the court and cheered and let the SPurs know just how much we appreciate them. But, i imagine most of them felt like i do, my heart was ripped out.

If there were nothing but Mav fans rubbing their noses in it, it might be understandable to want to leave, tho... no "ignore" option like we have here.

Pistonfan1
05-23-2006, 01:06 PM
If I was a spurs fan I'd stay to boo their asses off the court. Manu and Tim let us lose this game and I EXPECTED a dynasty...not going home in the 2nd round!! This is if I was a spurs fan what I would of done. I cant get all happy and say "oh what a great year". They were expected to be a dynasty and not fulfilling that deserves boos from me. I would of done the same to my pistons but they didnt lose at home last year in their elimination game.

WayDowntownBang
05-23-2006, 01:13 PM
/sigh

cbinge
05-23-2006, 02:16 PM
Uh.. that's a little unnecessary.

As for this thread, there's another one just like it started last night by a Spurs fan I believe.

It was pretty bad how many people bailed out before the game was over. Quite embarrassing.

I apologize to you kori, I thought this board was a little more open than other boards.

But, I was there last night, and I did stay to the end, and I was a little peeved at a few mavs fans sitting behind me. Of course there were a few other upsetting things that happened last night, and this is my first vent.

I also attended game 4 in dallas, and although I was screamed at for no reason, I made sure I respected the fans around me. If we made a run, I applauded but didn't talk trash and didn't go overboard, like we all did last night when manu hit that three.

Why did people leave? The way I see it, when he hit that 3 it was a big high, too see what happened in overtime, it was a extended downer. I for one really felt we had no way with 15 seconds(6 down) to come back at that point, totally exhausted, drained as a fan, no way the players had it either.

Again, sorry about the f--- stuffl, but this was the first message I've read today...

Mavs<Spurs
05-23-2006, 03:57 PM
We didn't leave or stop shouting until the final buzzer in overtime sounded. Not only because anything is possible, but also because we felt and still feel we owe them our respect, especially after all the heart that they showed. The people right next to us (immediately to my left), left early. The guy kept asking his girlfriend if she was ready to leave (he was the fan, she was just company). She was not quite ready to leave, but they left anyway.

efrem1
05-23-2006, 04:09 PM
The people right next to us (immediately to my left), left early. The guy kept asking his girlfriend if she was ready to leave (he was the fan, she was just company).

Here I am, unable to afford a ticket to the games at Arco and I see this stuff going on a the T? Unacceptable behavior in my opinion. If the Spurs would have lost thye series to the Kings at Arco, I would have gone to where they were boarding the bus and said "You gave it your all guys!!" I hate fair weather fans.

BgT
05-23-2006, 04:18 PM
It's a matter of why people are coming to these games. After a lost final game (in some other sport), we were there for another 30 minutes and our team came to thank us for the support after that.
Most of the guys who come to these games #7 are not real fans. And about the Dallas... I can find you some pics from your home games where front rows were all obviously bored and watching something else. Except Cuban of course. I hate first rows. Most of the times they're filled with some rich assholes with some heavy boob jobs sitting near them. In basketball I prefer rows around 10th. :lol

DaSpurs#1
05-23-2006, 04:28 PM
every place has its party poopers, yall even started leaving in Game 6 early... so its not just us but, i know i would have stayed and congratulated my spurs for coming back from a 20 point deficit