PDA

View Full Version : Random Thougths On Game 7

MannyIsGod
05-23-2006, 01:59 PM
- They left it all on the court. And in the end, it wasn't enough. Props to the Mavericks. In the end, they turned out to be the team who could force their will on the other. By making the Spurs play small ball, they made them adap. And the Spurs came within an immeasurable moment of beating them at their own game. But I got all I needed. I never need a victory, I just need the effort. And no sane person in the world doubts the desire and effort that was given in this game.

- We didn't lose this game in OT. We didn't lose this game on Dirks 3 point play. We lost this game in the 1st quater. The Mavs got on a roll, but they got on a roll due to the Spurs bad defense. When a team starts hitting shots, all of a sudden shots become far easier to hit. You get on a roll and its not that difficult to maintain. All of a sudden every shot you take is taken with a ton of confidence. And as much as mechanics, being open and other factors matter, the biggest all time shooting variable is confidence. The Spurs needed to come out and play off of their crowd and make an early run and make the Mavs play catchup. Which brings me too my next point.

- SHOW UP ON FUCKING TIME SAN ANTONIO. I can't believe the number of emtpy seats that I saw at tip off. Its a 7 o'clock game, and I know thats unusual but you can all look at the damn ticket and figure out a way to get there on time! It is game 7 of the best series you will more than likely ever be witness to and you can't even get to the game on time? And when you do show up, fucking cheer. I had to get up and turn around and yell at my damn section just to get them to cheer over a small group of Mavs fans. You never let the opposing team's fans come in and start a chant that they can hear throughout the arena. THIS IS OUR HOUSE. Act like it.

- The sound guy and the coyote the Spurs have suck ass. Neither have any rythmn. I haven't been to a game this year were they didn't fuck up easy chants! It pisses me that we can't even run a simple defense chant or go spurs go without having half the arena on a different beat. Get a clue, and get these guys out of there. Also, do not bring out the Silver Dancers to do some stupid beach boys routine in the middle of a 3rd quater run. IT KILLED THE CROWD! Tim throws down a monster dunk, then you sap the energy out of the building with the Silver Dancers. Unbelieveable.

- I hope Robert Horry is finished in San Antonio. Thank you for everything you've done, but the all around lack of effort and the apperence that he just didn't care about these playoffs lead me to believe that perhaps his fire is out. And I can understand that to a degree. He's had a great career, but maybe it is time to go out.

- That was one of the more incredible comebacks I've ever seen. At Halftime, I told everyone that I thought in order for the Spurs to come back they had to hold the Mavs to 40 in the half. They held the Mavs to 40 in the half. I also told Jess that we were either going to see an incredible comeback, or we were all going to have our hearts broken. In the end, it was both. I feel I got my money's worth. It sucks being on that end of an incredible game. Maybe this is what the people in Detroit felt like after Game 5 last year. This was only the 2nd round of the playoffs, but the feelings were like it was a finals. So to some degree, I can understand why the Mavs celebrated like they did.

- Mavs fan, you are still the scum of the earth. Led by your over-zealous owner you guys as a whole make me want to puke. Maybe it because I'm surrounded by friends who are all intelligent Spurs fans and I don't notice our own degenerates too much, but damn Mavs fans make me hope they don't win it all.

- Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetroooooooooooooit Baaaaaaaaaaasketball. I know who I'm rooting for now.

- I don't care what anyone says about Tony Parker. He's nails. His play in these playoffs was incredible. I can't wait for another years worth of highlights from him. Tony rules.

- Manu rules too! Manu is pure heart. PURE HEART. There are times when it looks like the well is dry and he pulls out something more when others would have just given up. Manu will recharge, and he'll come back and make another all star team. BOOK IT. The Spurs will have 3 All Star team members next year.

- Tim will make a run at MVP next year. I don't think I've ever seen Tim want it as much as he did in this series. Are you kidding me? A hungry healthy Tim? Its on.

- I stayed in my seat till way after the buzzer went off. I didn't want to leave man. I had a lot of fun in that building this year. Can't wait for next year.

RashoFan
05-23-2006, 02:05 PM
:clap

Trainwreck2100
05-23-2006, 02:07 PM
- I hope Robert Horry is finished in San Antonio. Thank you for everything you've done, but the all around lack of effort and the apperence that he just didn't care about these playoffs lead me to believe that perhaps his fire is out. And I can understand that to a degree. He's had a great career, but maybe it is time to go out.

He played like shit in 04 LA series too, so hopefully he gets his head out of his ass next year.

Melmart1
05-23-2006, 02:08 PM
Good stuff, Manny. I agree with your points. And I wish the Mav fans that are in here talking shit about Spurs fans would read posts like yours first before subjecting us to their verbal diarrhea.

MannyIsGod
05-23-2006, 02:10 PM
He played like shit in 04 LA series too, so hopefully he gets his head out of his ass next year.Yeah but I really got a vibe from him that he didn't care this year. That was just weird to me, but his body language was horrible.

Pistons < Spurs
05-23-2006, 02:11 PM
Soild post Manny.

I too agree that it's time to say good bye to Horry. I cringed everytime I saw come into the game during the Mavs series.

I also feel you on the fans not getting to the arena on time.....especailly for a freaking GAME 7. Nothing pisses me off more than going to a game and seeing empty seats all over the place in the first quarter.

AlvinRobertsonrocksjail
05-23-2006, 02:11 PM
I agree with the first poster.. but it sucks being a Spurs fan living and working in Dallas today. I have never been such a big Suns fans.. People here are acting like they just won the damn NBA Championship. Beating the Spurs will be Dallas' championship as they will now overlook the Suns and their upbeat play.

strangeweather
05-23-2006, 02:14 PM
Yeah but I really got a vibe from him that he didn't care this year. That was just weird to me, but his body language was horrible.

My take on Horry is that it's the same thing as '03 for the Lakers -- more regular season minutes than he can handle at this point in his career. We have to add someone this offseason who can take the bulk of his minutes.

But I'd love to have him occasionally coming off the bench next year to shoot daggers.

strangeweather
05-23-2006, 02:15 PM
I agree with the first poster.. but it sucks being a Spurs fan living and working in Dallas today. I have never been such a big Suns fans.. People here are acting like they just won the damn NBA Championship. Beating the Spurs will be Dallas' championship as they will now overlook the Suns and their upbeat play.

Mavs fans are largely looking past Phoenix. But you can bet dollars to doughnuts that Avery isn't.

j-6
05-23-2006, 02:26 PM

I can honestly say that I have never hated the Mavs until about 8AM this morning. This is the worst work day I've had in a long time. I'm hungover, tired, and way sick of Mav fans. Phone calls. Emails. And the worst part is that nobody here even watched the first round. Cuban's big mouth and the bandwagon mentality of the Metroplex fueled this office's hatred of San Antonio, anyway.

Someone even put a picture of Dirk's head on top of Tim's in my framed EN front page from after the Pistons series last year. The asshole in the office up front videotaped the game and it's playing on his TV right now.

And I want Dallas to make the NBA finals, just so Detroit (a team I at least sort of like watching) can clean their fucking clocks in five games.

Budkin
05-23-2006, 02:28 PM
Fucking awesome post Manny! Way to put it all into perspective. Thank you. Hopefully I'll make it to one of the GTGs next season (I'm in Austin) and get to meet you guys. Until then, peace.

CubanMustGo
05-23-2006, 02:34 PM
I can honestly say that I have never hated the Mavs until about 8AM this morning. This is the worst work day I've had in a long time. I'm hungover, tired, and way sick of Mav fans. Phone calls. Emails. And the worst part is that nobody here even watched the first round. Cuban's big mouth and the bandwagon mentality of the Metroplex fueled this office's hatred of San Antonio, anyway.

Someone even put a picture of Dirk's head on top of Tim's in my framed EN front page from after the Pistons series last year. The asshole in the office up front videotaped the game and it's playing on his TV right now.

And I want Dallas to make the NBA finals, just so Detroit (a team I at least sort of like watching) can clean their fucking clocks in five games.

I hear ya, and as someone who works in Richardson/lives in McKinney I can relate. My wife and I were talking about the sheer lack of Mavs bumperstickers and other car paraphernalia just a couple of days ago. This morning, of course, there are a whole lot more.

SA:Dallas as LA used to be to SA. Of course they're excited. Time will tell if they can pull off a championship, I think Dirk will find the going just a little tougher against Detroit.

j-6
05-23-2006, 02:48 PM
As a humorous aside, my boss just put three of those little airplane bottles of Crown on my desk and told me to go work from home the rest of the day.

degenerate_gambler
05-23-2006, 02:52 PM
- - The sound guy and the coyote the Spurs have suck ass. Neither have any rythmn. I haven't been to a game this year were they didn't fuck up easy chants! It pisses me that we can't even run a simple defense chant or go spurs go without having half the arena on a different beat. Get a clue, and get these guys out of there. Also, do not bring out the Silver Dancers to do some stupid beach boys routine in the middle of a 3rd quater run. IT KILLED THE CROWD! Tim throws down a monster dunk, then you sap the energy out of the building with the Silver Dancers. Unbelieveable.

Fuck it.

Bring back the "Cotton Eyed Joe" and the $0.10 beer nites.

ploto
05-23-2006, 03:04 PM
Manny- I cringed over the Silver Dancers, too. I have discovered that EVERY arena does the exact same thing. They bring the dancers out and the crowd dies down.

ALVAREZ6
05-23-2006, 03:06 PM
- Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetroooooooooooooit Baaaaaaaaaaasketball. I know who I'm rooting for now.

dav4463
05-23-2006, 03:11 PM
I just wish if the Spurs had to lose it would have been us playing our way. Starting Nazr or Rasho, maybe playing small ball some, but not letting the Mavericks dictate the way we play. That gave them too much confidence. We needed another big man in there for rebounds and to knock the driving guards on their ass a couple of times to send a message.

MadDog73
05-23-2006, 03:21 PM
Some thoughts:

Horry sucked in 2004, too. Good thing we didn't give up on him then.
(actually, I'm not even convinced Horry sucked this year...)

Rasho and Nazr didn't help in the games they played. (to dav4463)

And why do Spurs fans want Detroit to get 4 Championships before us?!?

I really don't get this. It's always better to have the team that beat you to go all the way, that way you didn't lose to the losers. Unless, of course, that team is the Lakers. It's never good for the Lakers to win a Championship. Ever.

WalterBenitez
05-23-2006, 03:23 PM
thanks for you words ...

riad19
05-23-2006, 03:29 PM
haha bye bye spurs

thanks for making the series a bit more interesting

but everyone knew that the mavs were the better team

austinfan
05-23-2006, 03:46 PM
Great post as always, Manny. I think you need to become a motivational speaker for the Spurs, with a speciality in pre-Game 7 locker room speeches. :)

DampierAmGod
05-23-2006, 03:49 PM
Here's my random thoughts:

- Finley didn't show up at the end of the game or overtime, guess he is back to his disappearing act.

- Timmy Duncan has no idea what a foul is because he always acts like he has never committed one.

- Ginoflop made the worst decision of the playoffs thus far.

- The only reason this game was even close was because of the refs. 25-11 were the foul calls late in the 3rd quarter.

j-6
05-23-2006, 03:55 PM
haha bye bye spurs

thanks for making the series a bit more interesting

but everyone knew that the mavs were the better team

Exhibit A.

Here's my random thoughts:

- Finley didn't show up at the end of the game or overtime, guess he is back to his disappearing act.

- Timmy Duncan has no idea what a foul is because he always acts like he has never committed one.

- Ginoflop made the worst decision of the playoffs thus far.

- The only reason this game was even close was because of the refs. 25-11 were the foul calls late in the 3rd quarter.

Exhibit B.

Melmart1
05-23-2006, 03:56 PM

Basketball 101: When your team is getting the majority of their points from shooting jumpers, they will get far less foul calls than if they drove to the basket on every possession, which causes much more contact.

DampierAmGod
05-23-2006, 04:02 PM
Basketball 101: When your team is getting the majority of their points from shooting jumpers, they will get far less foul calls than if they drove to the basket on every possession, which causes much more contact.

That's fine and dandy but Dallas was getting no calls when they would attack the rim and SA was even getting calls on jump shots. Like Ginoflops 3 point shot where he kicked his leg out to draw contact and got a ticky tack call.

bububub contact :cry

Melmart1
05-23-2006, 04:07 PM
That's fine and dandy but Dallas was getting no calls when they would attack the rim and SA was even getting calls on jump shots. Like Ginoflops 3 point shot where he kicked his leg out to draw contact and got a ticky tack call.

Where were you during games 3 and 4 bitching about the refs?

Oh, and newsflash: YOUR TEAM WON!!! Why you gonna bitch about refs in a WIN!??! The culture of being a sore loser is so ingrained with Mav fans that even in a win you gotta act like a whiney beyotch. Accept your win with some gotdamned grace!

DampierAmGod
05-23-2006, 04:25 PM
Where were you during games 3 and 4 bitching about the refs?

Oh, and newsflash: YOUR TEAM WON!!! Why you gonna bitch about refs in a WIN!??! The culture of being a sore loser is so ingrained with Mav fans that even in a win you gotta act like a whiney beyotch. Accept your win with some gotdamned grace!

Game 3 was the only one where the calls sucked and helped the Mavs win. We got game 3, Spurs got game 5 and almost game 7.

I don't see how making a simple comment about the game is bitching. All I said was the game would have been a blowout if it weren't for the refs. You're the one who got your panties all in a wad because of what I said. And please, quit bitching about Mavs fans. I have seen so much cursing and immaturity and bitterness and hatred coming from Spurs fans to anyone whose favorite team said Dallas since the day I came to these boards. In fact I was directed here by a 16 year old kid who couldn't believe how immature most of the Spurs fans are here. Shit, you'd think the Spurs were the ones who were the underdogs in this series the way the fans seem to hate anything Mavericks. Mavs fans didn't even consider the Spurs a real rival until the series was well underway. Get over us.

MannyIsGod
05-23-2006, 04:26 PM
- Mavs fan, you are still the scum of the earth. Led by your over-zealous owner you guys as a whole make me want to puke. Maybe it because I'm surrounded by friends who are all intelligent Spurs fans and I don't notice our own degenerates too much, but damn Mavs fans make me hope they don't win it all.

Melmart1
05-23-2006, 04:33 PM
Game 3 was the only one where the calls sucked and helped the Mavs win. We got game 3, Spurs got game 5 and almost game 7.

I don't see how making a simple comment about the game is bitching. All I said was the game would have been a blowout if it weren't for the refs. You're the one who got your panties all in a wad because of what I said. And please, quit bitching about Mavs fans. I have seen so much cursing and immaturity and bitterness and hatred coming from Spurs fans to anyone whose favorite team said Dallas since the day I came to these boards. In fact I was directed here by a 16 year old kid who couldn't believe how immature most of the Spurs fans are here. Shit, you'd think the Spurs were the ones who were the underdogs in this series the way the fans seem to hate anything Mavericks. Mavs fans didn't even consider the Spurs a real rival until the series was well underway. Get over us.

Get over yourself. If you hate seeing Spurs fans whine about your owner or trolling fans, then feel free to leave. What did you expect at a Spurs board? I don't hate all Mav fans, there are some classy ones here. Problem is, the amount of classy ones I can count on one hand compared to the ones who come over here with a sense of entitlement trying to tell Spurs fans how to act, post or feel on a SPURS board.

And the real reason Mavs fans didnt consider the Spurs a rival until the series was well under way is because they weren't fans until you were up 3-1.

SpursWoman
05-23-2006, 04:51 PM
I agree 100% with your post, Manny. Excellent. :tu

angel_luv
05-23-2006, 05:45 PM
I stayed in my seat till way after the buzzer went off. I didn't want to leave man. I had a lot of fun in that building this year. Can't wait for next year.

Good post Manny- except that I want to keep Robert Horry.
And I like our Coyote. Besides that... your post gets :tu :tu

This and Timvp's " keep your head up" thread have been the most comforting to me.

I too stayed for a good while in the arena- up in the restaurant. I wasn't ready to say goodbye either.

While there, I heard some very obnoxious Dallas fans somewhere below me. I doubt that they heard me, but I yelled at them to "go home and get the heck out our building!"
It felt really good. :angel

Also I enjoyed my small victory at the beginning of the game when some people actually booed Avery.
:)

As for the game, I have two words: Wow and Ouch! But mostly, Wow!
What a season! What a series. What a game!

Good times! :D

Carie
05-23-2006, 05:47 PM
Very good points Manny. Did it bother anyone else that mavs fans had 2 of the 3 superboxes?

angel_luv
05-23-2006, 05:51 PM
I was so mad at the people who left before the game was over- particulary those who appeared to leave at the beginning of overtime.

How can you leave a team that is fighting like that- especially in a game seven during the play offs. Inexcusable!

samikeyp
05-23-2006, 05:57 PM
Well said Manny.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-23-2006, 05:58 PM
Manny, you forgot the part about how the Mavs, as a franchise, a team, and their fans, deserve to be tarred and feathered.
Oh wait.

Here's to Detroit raping them Lakers style in the finals :tu

Cant_Be_Faded
05-23-2006, 06:04 PM
The worst thing about all of this is living in Dallas and seeing the papers proclaim Jason Terry the most elite point guard in the game, saying how Devin Harris is the 2nd greatest point guard, or at least hte most up and coming, then saying how Dirk was "obviously" robbed of the MVP.

Fucking disgusting. I hate this city and its people.

TonyC
05-23-2006, 06:05 PM
I hear ya, and as someone who works in Richardson/lives in McKinney I can relate. My wife and I were talking about the sheer lack of Mavs bumperstickers and other car paraphernalia just a couple of days ago. This morning, of course, there are a whole lot more.

SA:Dallas as LA used to be to SA. Of course they're excited. Time will tell if they can pull off a championship, I think Dirk will find the going just a little tougher against Detroit.

we'v all been fans for forever...Don't talk about shit you know nothing about. We love the mavs just as much as you guys love the spurs. Don't make things up just to create a topic to hate on us....great series!!!

FromWayDowntown
05-23-2006, 06:09 PM
we'v all been fans for forever...

Sure. A lot of you must have looked like empty seats at Reunion Arena before 2001. All of "your" plastic surgeons are to be commended.

SPARKY
05-23-2006, 06:12 PM
Mavs fan wants to troll in here trumpeting their series win over the champs, yet claims that Spurs fans can't enjoy the team's championships because they were 'in the past'. Go figure.

Shank
05-23-2006, 06:13 PM
Mavs fan wants to troll in here trumpeting their series win over the champs, yet claims that Spurs fans can't enjoy the team's championships because they were 'in the past'. Go figure.

That doesn't make sense.

SPARKY
05-23-2006, 06:14 PM
We have a winner.

Shank
The worst thing about all of this is living in Dallas and seeing the papers proclaim Jason Terry the most elite point guard in the game, saying how Devin Harris is the 2nd greatest point guard, or at least hte most up and coming, then saying how Dirk was "obviously" robbed of the MVP.

Bullshit. Where did you read any of that?

davidbowie
george straight looked old

angel_luv
05-23-2006, 06:16 PM
Manny, you forgot the part about how the Mavs, as a franchise, a team, and their fans, deserve to be tarred and feathered.
Oh wait.

Here's to Detroit raping them Lakers style in the finals :tu

Don't underestimate Phoenix. They have shown a lot of heart this year.

SpursWoman
05-23-2006, 06:18 PM
Sure. A lot of you must have looked like empty seats at Reunion Arena before 2001. All of "your" plastic surgeons are to be commended.

5 years is a long time for a 12 year old. :lol

Gunny
05-23-2006, 06:21 PM

This game should have ended with Duncan at the free throw line. When Duncan got the rebound after MG missed the lay up, Dork No-whiskey was all over his back and even smacked him on the arm. Javey must love Dallas.

E20
05-23-2006, 06:22 PM
I gotta question:
Do the players take showers before they do post-game interviews?

DampierAmGod
05-24-2006, 09:52 AM

Uh, I'm calling bullshit on that. I read the DMN, Telegram and others daily and I never saw anything like that.