PDA

View Full Version : Most vital Spurs move this summer.....

El_Mago
05-23-2006, 02:06 PM
The most vital move this summer does not even involve a player......

It involves, Sam Presti.

Some new GM spots have opened up across the league and GM's have become aware of this whiz kid.

People can talk about Nazr, a long SF, etc......

However, Presti is vital because he can crunch numbers like no other, scout like no other, and is constantly ahead of the learning curve....which is much more vital to the organization in the long run.

Out of all the gem's the Spurs have come across these past few years.....Presti is the one that stands out the most.

In the words of RC Buford, this is the guy we need to keep.

baseline bum
05-23-2006, 03:05 PM
Isn't Presti the man who brought us Hedo Turkoglu and Ron Mercer? I think I would have rather had Ferry back in 2k4.

WalterBenitez
05-23-2006, 03:08 PM
Hire Ferry again!

El_Mago
05-23-2006, 03:58 PM
Yes, he had a hand with the Hedo deal....I believe all the Spurs gave up was Ferry's contract because he ended up retiring and coming back to the Spurs front office. So, it was not a bad deal.

He also pushed the Spurs to draft Tony Parker.

And, I believe he's the one who scouted Ian Mahini...the virtually unknown to everyone on draft day.

They guy is ahead of his time. He has connections all over Europe, crunches the numbers, and is a great scout.

zocool16
05-23-2006, 04:00 PM
we need a backup PG...either give it to beno already or get some solid pg

BgT
05-23-2006, 04:02 PM
we need a backup PG...either give it to beno already or get some solid pg
It's true. It's not just about Beno - we need a solid PG because of Beno AND Tony.

Kori Ellis
05-23-2006, 04:05 PM
Keeping Presti is really important. He's a big part of the Spurs success. Hopefully they can do what it takes to keep him here but eventually he'll want a GM title.

ploto
05-23-2006, 04:13 PM
RC was the one big on Hedo. Sam was just the guy who figured out how to pull the trade off. He is a whiz at the cap and how to word contracts, etc....

El_Mago
05-23-2006, 04:15 PM
Agreed.

I know the Denver has some interest in him.

Has RC trully done great things as a GM?

I don't think it's just been him alone....

Obviously, it's been a consesus of Popovich, Buford, and Presti.

I really want to keep Presti.....and I don't know how much the Spurs can offer him, and you're right....he will wan't a GM title, and will come at the price of replacing RC....that might be too much to ask for.