PDA

View Full Version : RashoFan Causing Trouble?

PM5K
05-23-2006, 02:25 PM
Man Dies after EMS Refuses to Transport Him to the Hospital

A grieving mother was demanding answers from some ambulance workers Monday after she claims a crew denied taking her son to the hospital while he was deathly ill.

Gino Trevino, known as Sabrina, started having problems the day his father died, the boy’s mother Yolanda Trevino told News 4 WOAI.

"We called EMS for him because he couldn't breathe,” Trevino said. “He even took a chair and sat at the edge where the mailbox is, so EMS could pick him up right away."

But, Trevino claims EMS workers refused to take her son to the hospital.

"I heard one of the EMS guys say, 'You're just being dramatic. That's why you are hyperventilating,'" Trevino said.

Those EMS workers did not know her son was living with AIDS, Trevino said.

“What made me upset is EMS had no right to deny taking him to the emergency room," Trevino said.

Trevino rushed her son to the hospital, and he was immediately placed in intensive care, she said.

“Right away they told him he had 103 degree fever, and he had pneumonia," Trevino said. Gino Trevino died seven days later.

“I just want them to explain to me why they wouldn't take him," Trevino said.

News 4 WOAI called EMS Captain Joseph Hemen Monday. Hemen confirmed the agency and the Medical Examiner's Office is investigating Trevino’s death. Hemen said state laws prohibited him from discussing details.

http://www.woai.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=938FCB96-4155-4A24-8788-D0A938B5C34D

Vashner
05-23-2006, 02:33 PM
Sounds like a huge lawsuit to me.. I would lawyer up quick.

RashoFan
05-23-2006, 02:44 PM
Ummmm, just so you know...I work for AMR http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c333/RashoFan/AMR-logo.gif

and NOT for San Antonio Fire Department EMS.....

RashoFan
05-23-2006, 02:55 PM
Besides...most of us live by the motto "you call....we haul...."

PM5K
05-23-2006, 02:57 PM
Jackie Child's.....

j-6
05-23-2006, 03:00 PM
Is this the Mexican version of "A Boy Named Sue"?

Sonia_TX
05-23-2006, 03:20 PM
Last year on May 29th my Grandfather woke up in the morning and was complaing of stomach pain. He had been sick with heart failure for years but this was something different and he KNEW something was wrong with him and it wasn't just a stomach pain. When EMS Showed up they told him "we have people with bigger problems than a stomach cramp...maybe you daughter can take you later if you're still feeling bad." My grandfather insisted and finally they took him and when he got to the ER they discovered that his intestines were twisted and he needed emergency surgery. He died a month later in the hospital. Maybe they should take people to the hospital if they say they feel bad...not because THEY think they're not that sick. I'll never forget that. Sad. :(

Kori Ellis
05-23-2006, 03:26 PM
I don't understand. Was it a "boy" or an adult transvestite who died? (Not that it's less tragic, I'm just curious)

RashoFan
05-23-2006, 04:16 PM
Adult...yes, Transvestite...maybe...shouldn't have made a difference. I hope EMS had evaluated the person, do vitals, listen to breath sounds, checked a temp. If they documented why a transport was NOT warranted and their Medical Director supports their findings/decision, I couldn't tell you if the family is going to win a lawsuit (if it is not settled out of court). It is a terrible thing to have happened to the family.

Kori Ellis
05-23-2006, 05:14 PM
the boy’s mother Yolanda Trevino told News 4 WOAI.

That's why I questioned if he was an adult or child.
I already know he was a transvestite, I saw the pictures.

I just got very confused with the story because it said "boy's".

samikeyp
05-23-2006, 05:56 PM
RashoFan can do whatever she wants.

That is all. :)

ploto
05-24-2006, 08:24 AM
Those EMS workers did not know her son was living with AIDS, Trevino said.

Isn't this something you tell the EMS??

RashoFan
05-25-2006, 12:18 AM
Isn't this something you tell the EMS??
It is something we WOULD like to know not just for our health /safety but for providing appropriate patient care. BTW if everyone would have a list of medical history,drug and food allergies and current medications on a paper/card that you have with in a wallet/purse helps saves us some time. And if we asked about "recreational activities"..drugs and/or alcohol...just tell us the truth so we can better treat you...we are DEA or Narcs...we are EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES.
Thanks...