PDA

View Full Version : I Have Found A Second Love!

pussyface
05-23-2006, 02:34 PM
Greetings,
After last nights game, I wanted to kill myself for a time. I felt like I had my heart ripped out before my eyes, making me literally sick to my stomach.

But waking up this morning I have resolved to whole heartedly embrace the Mavericks as they pursue their first ever NBA championship. After all, these were once the perrenial loveable losers of the league and represent the same Republic as us (Texas).

As for Cuban, I find him to be an annoying guy and a great owner who's probably great for the association.

I must say Dirk plays basketball with distinction. His game is so pretty.

GO Spurs in '07. Let's go get JR Smith...he's got game.

Mrs.Tlong
05-23-2006, 02:36 PM
kool aid forum.

pussyface
05-23-2006, 02:45 PM
"kool aid forum"? what does that mean? I don't watch The O'Reilly Factor.

pache100
05-23-2006, 02:55 PM
But waking up this morning I have resolved to whole heartedly embrace the Mavericks

http://i4.tinypic.com/10gz1n7.gif

MadDog73
05-23-2006, 02:58 PM
I'm with pussyface. (never thought I'd write that).

Why do Spurs want the Pistons to get 4 Championships before we do? Or Shaq to get another one? The Suns I can handle.

So, go Mavs (or Suns) beat the Pistons (or Heat). :lol

baseline bum
05-23-2006, 03:01 PM
So pussyface is the other Mav fan here with Deb pretending to be Spurs fans? Fuck Dallas.

pussyface
05-23-2006, 03:01 PM
I totally agree. Some Spurs fans just have no idea what they are talking about half the time and need to consider removing their members from Detroit's ass. I'd rather challenge for the distinction of best team over the course of an era than give Ben Wallace a BJ. Go Mavs.

whottt
05-23-2006, 03:03 PM
After last nights game, I wanted to kill myself for a time

And what made you not? I need to know what to hate...

MadDog73
05-23-2006, 03:06 PM
And what made you not? I need to know what to hate...

:lol

So, whottt, who are you rooting for now? Or are you just going to boycott basketball until next year?

ShoogarBear
05-23-2006, 03:06 PM
I love all Dallas teams.

:flipoff I blame you, too. Just wait till the search function comes back.

FromWayDowntown
05-23-2006, 03:07 PM
I certainly think the Mavericks are formidable and respect the way in which they defeated the Spurs. But, to the extent that I support another NBA team in recent playoffs, it's been the Pistons for several years now. I appreciate the way the Pistons play and think they are great for basketball. I will support them the rest of this playoff season and hope that they win another title.

whottt
05-23-2006, 03:08 PM
:flipoff I blame you, too. Just wait till the search function comes back.

Go ahead Russ...

Just be sure you post the entire quote...

I like all the Dallas Teams except the Mavericks...

whottt
05-23-2006, 03:08 PM
:lol

So, whottt, who are you rooting for now? Or are you just going to boycott basketball until next year?

Ahh you know what? I am rooting for the Suns...

I don't want the Pistons to get four ships before we do....

Melmart1
05-23-2006, 03:09 PM
Hey! I love the Cowboys and Rangers! I take offense to that!

baseline bum
05-23-2006, 03:09 PM
I'll cheer for Detroit for the same reason I cheered for LA in 2001 and 2002... because I want the Spurs to be the team to end a champ's reign.

pache100
05-23-2006, 03:10 PM
I certainly think the Mavericks are formidable and respect the way in which they defeated the Spurs. But, to the extent that I support another NBA team in recent playoffs, it's been the Pistons for several years now. I appreciate the way the Pistons play and think they are great for basketball. I will support them the rest of this playoff season and hope that they win another title.

Me, too. I don't respect anything about the Mavericks.

whottt

You tell him girl!

Only be sure to bring your bravatar back, it'll hit Shoogar harder if you do ;)

MadDog73
Ahh you know what? I am rooting for the Suns...

I don't want the Pistons to get four ships before we do....

I agree. Tell you what, the Mavs/Suns series should be great. And much more fun for me to watch, since I won't have a heart attack at the end of every game.

Sonia_TX
05-23-2006, 03:12 PM
I would normally root for Texas teams but I'm going for the Suns. Not because I hate the Mavs as a team but because I just don't want to see Cuban get that ring. Ugh!

Melmart1
05-23-2006, 03:13 PM
You tell him girl!

Only be sure to bring your bravatar back, it'll hit Shoogar harder if you do ;)

Something tells me that you don't want me to bring the bravatar back for Shoogar :lol

And I did all I could for the mojo. But I am not going to apologize for loving the other Dallas teams. Would you rather me be a Texans fan? Cus I don't think I have ever done anything cruel enough to deserve that.

degenerate_gambler
05-23-2006, 03:17 PM
To hell with the Mavericks. Same with the Rockets if they were worth a shit.

Kinda like asking if I'd cheer for aTm against an out of state school....hellfuckingno.

ShoogarBear
05-23-2006, 03:17 PM

You forgot the Red Sucks. :vomit:
Do you realize you demonstrate good taste in only one team you follow?

You tell him girl!

Only be sure to bring your bravatar back, it'll hit Shoogar harder if you do

I'm ashamed to admit, in my young and rudderless past I was wont to doing thing like saying I was a Cowboys fan just for the sake of some boobies.

ALVAREZ6
05-23-2006, 03:21 PM
I'll cheer for Detroit for the same reason I cheered for LA in 2001 and 2002... because I want the Spurs to be the team to end a champ's reign.
The Pistons will be around for a lot longer than the Spurs will.

The Spurs again, don't make it to the finals the year after winning the title.

MadDog73
05-23-2006, 03:24 PM
Uh, if the Mavericks win the Championship, we still end their reign by beating them next year. That would actually be sweeter revenge than having the Pistons do the dirty work for us.

And Alvarez, what do you mean the Pistons will be around longer than the Spurs?

ALVAREZ6
05-23-2006, 03:29 PM
And Alvarez, what do you mean the Pistons will be around longer than the Spurs?
They are younger, less injury-prone, I don't know, but it seems like these dudes never get hurt and if they can manage to keep the same starting 5, they will be in the Finals for the next...I don't know how many years.

baseline bum
05-23-2006, 03:38 PM
Younger? On opening day it'll be:

R. Wallace - 32
B. Wallace - 32
Billups - 30
Hamilton - 28
Prince - 26

Bowen - 34
Duncan - 30
Ginobili - 29
Parker - 24

The Pistons core isn't exactly young either. I think both teams have a 2-3 year window of opportunity after this season in which they can win titles.

ALVAREZ6
05-23-2006, 03:44 PM
Alright, they aren't younger, but they just never get injured.

Having a little muscle I think helps a little bit, don't you think???

Also, I can't really explain it but, the Spurs have more unorthodox players. Manu and Tim both move in what seems like an uncoordinated fashion, I can't explain it.

dbestpro
05-23-2006, 03:46 PM
The Championship club is an elite club over the last 20 years and I don' want to share. Celtics, Pistons, Bulls, Lakers, Rockets and Spurs. That's it. Go Pistons! Don't let the wannabes in our elite club.

Melmart1
05-23-2006, 04:00 PM
Alright, they aren't younger, but they just never get injured.

Having a little muscle I think helps a little bit, don't you think???

Also, I can't really explain it but, the Spurs have more unorthodox players. Manu and Tim both move in what seems like an uncoordinated fashion, I can't explain it.

Dude, you are just reaching now. Spurs have an excellent future. Look at who we have on the horizon in the next season or two. Look at how Tim Duncan is back to MVP form. This is a setback and it sucks but no reason to think the franchise is toast.

pussyface
05-23-2006, 05:28 PM
Melmart:
Podcasting and girls basketball? You have officially combined two of the most irrelevant aspects of our society into a potent combination of unlistenable, suicide inducing audio.

Kori Ellis
05-23-2006, 05:31 PM
Melmart:
Podcasting and girls basketball? You have officially combined two of the most irrelevant aspects of our society into a potent combination of unlistenable, suicide inducing audio.

Umm.. it's about NBA basketball, not girls basketball.

It's just the people on the podcasts are female.

Melmart and I are two of them.

Melmart1
05-23-2006, 05:31 PM
Melmart:

Why don't you listen, you fucking moron. It's three girls talking NBA.

ShoogarBear
05-23-2006, 05:33 PM
Melmart:

Well, now that we know it has that kind of effect on you maybe we'll all chip in and buy you an iPod.

Sway
05-23-2006, 05:53 PM
I didnt like the Mavs before they beat the Spurs and I sure as hell dont like them now. Im rooting for whatever team is playing the Mavs for the remainder of the playoffs. Unless they play Miami of course...if that happens the NBA has gone to hell and I will start concentrating on next year.

whottt
05-23-2006, 05:56 PM
I didnt like the Mavs before they beat the Spurs and I sure as hell dont like them now. Im rooting for whatever team is playing the Mavs for the remainder of the playoffs. Unless they play Miami of course...if that happens the NBA has gone to hell and I will start concentrating on next year.

It sucks when you hate yourself into a corner doesn't it?

I had the same problem in 04.

pussyface
05-23-2006, 06:03 PM
Sorry I'm not up on your girls basketball podcast. Hearing you chicks talk NBA would be less nauseating than hearing you sound off about Lisa Leslie, I guess.

whottt
05-23-2006, 06:11 PM
I Have Found A Second Love!

Greetings,
After last nights game, I wanted to kill myself for a time. I felt like I had my heart ripped out before my eyes, making me literally sick to my stomach.

But waking up this morning I have resolved to whole heartedly embrace the Mavericks as they pursue their first ever NBA championship.

I'd rather listen to them than your melodramatic drama queen ramblings...

I think you're just jealous...pussyface.

pussyface
05-23-2006, 06:18 PM
okay buddy...you win
You are the internet enforcer.

SpursWoman
05-23-2006, 06:20 PM
So pussyface is the other Mav fan here with Deb pretending to be Spurs fans? Fuck Dallas.

I was just going to post that! :lmao

SpursWoman
05-23-2006, 06:20 PM

whottt
05-23-2006, 06:31 PM
okay buddy...you win
You are the internet enforcer.

Yawn...

It's just funny that you are talking shit about it because they are girls...have you read your own posts and listened to the podcast?

Your takes are more effiminant...

Seriously.

ShoogarBear
05-23-2006, 06:51 PM
I tell you, the unfathomably tricky deviousness of the Mav fan just knows no boundness.

Kori Ellis
05-23-2006, 07:07 PM

He is the poster known as bowenuglyduncanuncool.

pussyface
05-23-2006, 07:09 PM
Please give me some examples of this Whott.
Being well spoken is not feminine.
If you want to spend your time listening to chicks podcast about the Spurs, thats your deal.

Kori Ellis
05-23-2006, 07:19 PM
Please give me some examples of this Whott.
Being well spoken is not feminine.
If you want to spend your time listening to chicks podcast about the Spurs, thats your deal.

What's the point of pretending to be a Spurs fan?

ShoogarBear
05-23-2006, 07:24 PM
What's the point of pretending to be a Spurs fan?
200 Marky points back at Mavtalk. :tu :tu :elephant :elephant :elephant

pussyface
05-23-2006, 08:30 PM
Your right. My cover is blown. I was cornered into registering as a Spurs fan after I was unjustly banned under my rightful name by a certain semi-fascist moderator, who will remain anonymous.

PS- do you think i'll get banned for this?

jmard5
05-23-2006, 08:37 PM
I am rooting for the Suns in the west and then Detroit in the Finals.

Son of Mavs Man
05-23-2006, 08:38 PM
Truthfully , despite all the bitterness of getting beat by the Spurs year in and year out, I always rooted for them once they passed us up because I have Texas pride. I'll be damned if I'm rooting for a California, or Michigan or wherever team over a Texas team, even if I consider them bitter rivals. So, you bitter Spurs fans, feel free to root against the Mavs if you like, but consider a little bit of Texas pride first, there's really nothing wrong with it.

Go get angry drunk and get it out of your system, and then root for the trophy to stay in Texas. Or not, it's just a suggestion from a fan of the state of Texas.

jmard5
05-23-2006, 08:42 PM
Your right. My cover is blown. I was cornered into registering as a Spurs fan after I was unjustly banned under my rightful name by a certain semi-fascist moderator, who will remain anonymous.

PS- do you think i'll get banned for this?

Then get out of here! Petty, lame, sorry excuses you have there. Seriously, you need to have your head checked.

Pointless. Really pointless.

jmard5
05-23-2006, 08:45 PM
Truthfully , despite all the bitterness of getting beat by the Spurs year in and year out, I always rooted for them once they passed us up because I have Texas pride. I'll be damned if I'm rooting for a California, or Michigan or wherever team over a Texas team, even if I consider them bitter rivals. So, you bitter Spurs fans, feel free to root against the Mavs if you like, but consider a little bit of Texas pride first, there's really nothing wrong with it.

Go get angry drunk and get it out of your system, and then root for the trophy to stay in Texas. Or not, it's just a suggestion from a fan of the state of Texas.

Not all Spurs fans live in Texas. Spurs have international followers and your argument has flaws.

pussyface
05-23-2006, 08:56 PM
Excuses? I don't want to leave this site because I enjoy it. I know you guys lost and its sad, but don't let your bitterness translate into a sense of superiority that is unfounded.
You have lost your composure and you are convinced you are right; in reality you are likely a narcissist and wouldn't be angry in tone if the Spurs hadn't lost last night.

pussyface
05-23-2006, 09:01 PM
Excuses? I don't want to leave this site because I enjoy it. I know you guys lost and its sad, but don't let your bitterness translate into a sense of superiority that is unfounded.
You have lost your composure and you are convinced you are right; in reality you are likely a narcissist and wouldn't be angry in tone if the Spurs hadn't lost last night.

...where am I going wrong here?

Son of Mavs Man
05-23-2006, 09:04 PM
Not all Spurs fans live in Texas. Spurs have international followers and your argument has flaws.

Well, then if you're from Texas then it applies. Otherwise it obviously doesn't. Use a little bit of common sense genius.

ducks
05-23-2006, 09:06 PM
cuban deserves to be swepted in finals

Shank
05-23-2006, 09:07 PM
cuban deserves to be swepted in finals

jmard5
05-23-2006, 09:08 PM

Clueless.

You do not understand why I replied to your post. Review your posts and maybe you will understand why I reacted that way.

pussyface
05-23-2006, 09:12 PM
Give me some examples of where you are coming from. Just coming across as angry doesn't win arguments in the face of a reasoned opponent.

Don't take it out on me just because your nice little squad won't be playing any more games this year.

jmard5
05-23-2006, 09:14 PM
Well, then if you're from Texas then it applies. Otherwise it obviously doesn't. Use a little bit of common sense genius.

And you expect people to follow your argument? :rolleyes

If I was born from California and recently moved to Texas, then should I just switch teams?

Everyone has their reasons why they root for a certain team.

Son of Mavs Man
05-23-2006, 09:18 PM
Exactly, which is why I said people FROM Texas. You are a California transplant, which means your opinion in this matter is useless. If you were from Texas, then I would be talking to you. Funny how that works.

I know everyone has their reasons to root for a certain team, and that's fine. I was just making a suggestion to native Texans (you know, people FROM Texas) about keeping it in Texas. I also said that you can feel free to ignore it if you like. I still stand by my original statement.

pussyface
05-23-2006, 09:18 PM
Yeah thats probably a good idea...just drop the argument with me. Your rhetorical skills are lacking.