PDA

View Full Version : so close...don't panic...KEEP VAN EXEL!!!

pussyface
05-23-2006, 02:43 PM
The way I see it, we were so very close to winning this series that we need to not go all Mark Cuban and blow this team up as a knee-jerk reaction.

The #1 priority for me in this long offseason is securing the services on Nick Van Exel(ent) for 1 more season with the Spurs. This guy has proven throughout his career that he is a flat out player who must be respected, especially in crunch time. I know he wasn't great in this years run and had a bad series against Dallas, but I figure he got that out of his system and can't possibly have another 7 bad games per series next year.

Lets get this guy in shape and get him up and runnin' one last time !!!
Also, any chance of getting Antoine Walker in silver and black? Both these Ex-Mavs are killers...they could be next years Michael Finleys...in fact, I sort of think we should load up on these prototypes (Van Horn? Terry?)

Shank
05-23-2006, 02:45 PM
I smell sarcasm.

Tobias
05-23-2006, 02:45 PM
Why do you like shot jackers that play no D?

CharlieMac
05-23-2006, 02:47 PM
It obviously wasn't about defense this playoff run.

pussyface
05-23-2006, 02:47 PM
If you can't beat em, I say lets sign em up. Look at Mavs history: ousted by Nash last year, almost by Finley this year.

I also just happen to feel that Nick Van Exel is the key to the off season.

RON ARTEST
05-23-2006, 02:50 PM
what? why the hell would they wanna keep him? hes old and cant produce anymore. hes done

spur219
05-23-2006, 02:51 PM
I want Finley to stay though.

pussyface
05-23-2006, 02:52 PM
cmon man...give the guy a break...this is freakin Nick Van Exel were talking about here, one of the greatest players, now and forever. I hope to see him suiting up in SA in the future. I'd pay to watch him play into his 40's ala Jordan.

DarrinS
05-23-2006, 02:53 PM
cmon man...give the guy a break...this is freakin Nick Van Exel were talking about here, one of the greatest players, now and forever. I hope to see him suiting up in SA in the future. I'd pay to watch him play into his 40's ala Jordan.

I think we should blow up the team and rebuild it around Sean Marks.

strangeweather
05-23-2006, 02:55 PM
I think we should blow up the team and rebuild it around Sean Marks.

Maybe we can get Bateer back -- now that's a front line to be proud of.

CubanMustGo
05-23-2006, 02:55 PM
This is either really good sarcasm or the stupidest thing I have ever read on this board.

Kori Ellis
05-23-2006, 02:56 PM
Ummm Van Exel is retiring.

Just because it's the offseason doesn't mean you should feel free to start lame ass threads.